PDA

View Full Version : Shinniesta, Super John and Famous Fyvie

Highland_Hibee
27-08-2016, 04:46 PM
and err Dylanjured when he is fit.

There can't be a classier Scottish Midfield quartet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamig
27-08-2016, 05:24 PM
Fyvie was simply outstanding today. Great game from the wee man.

O'Rourke3
27-08-2016, 05:49 PM
He was my MOM. Showed today what he always brings to the team.

First view of Shinnie and Graham. Pretty sure BG scored with his first touch despite being on the pitch for 5 minutes. Good acquisitions all.

Brightside
27-08-2016, 06:20 PM
Fyvie and Shinnie were top class. Once Dyan is fit it is a superb midfield 4.

DaveF
27-08-2016, 06:25 PM
I thought McGinn had a poor game today but others around him were outstanding so it didn't matter.

NAE NOOKIE
27-08-2016, 06:47 PM
Yup .. we have some midfield and Shinnie certainly looks a player, Fyvie played like that in the Motherwell friendly where he picked up his injury, good to see him pick up where he left off in todays game. Super JM seemed a wee bit determined to run himself into trouble today, but still made some good runs and passes. ... when Dylan is fit that midfield will utterly run most games.

27-08-2016, 06:54 PM
Any one of those 3 could have been MoM today. I personally would have chose Shinnie but definatly can't complain at Fyfie getting it. Brilliant performance from all 3.

lord bunberry
27-08-2016, 06:56 PM
He was my MOM. Showed today what he always brings to the team.

First view of Shinnie and Graham. Pretty sure BG scored with his first touch despite being on the pitch for 5 minutes. Good acquisitions all.

David Gray will always be man of the match.

Pretty Boy
27-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Fyvie and Bartle work well together imo.

Fyvie isn't naturally a sitting type and having Bartley there allows him to play his own game. A deserved MOTM today. Shinnie also looks a great acquisition and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

California-Hibs
27-08-2016, 07:02 PM
and err Dylanjured when he is fit.

There can't be a classier Scottish Midfield quartet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Careful with the overly confident type posts of 'can't be a classier midfield'...the admins will end up deleting your comments.

Jonnyboy
27-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Careful with the overly confident type posts of 'can't be a classier midfield'...the admins will end up deleting your comments.

Calm doon. Your posts were not deleted!

California-Hibs
27-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Calm doon. Your posts were not deleted!

Just noticed that, my mistake I take it back! Classier midfield indeed you will not find!! :D

Jonnyboy
27-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Just noticed that, my mistake I take it back! Classier midfield indeed you will not find!! :D

:greengrin

Famous Fiver
27-08-2016, 07:09 PM
And Lennon looking to bring in one more.

Liam perhaps?

Highland_Hibee
27-08-2016, 10:53 PM
I thought McGinn had a poor game today but others around him were outstanding so it didn't matter.

I actually thought this too. It was a poor game by his own high standards. It says all we already know about the lad. We notice when he gives the ball away or gets caught in possession because he very rarely does it.

Northernhibee
27-08-2016, 10:59 PM

Was defo man of the match in the Hull vs Man Utd game today as well :agree:

Glory Lurker
27-08-2016, 11:34 PM

He's the best at everything, even if he doesn't know it. Easily the best Lothian bus driver I encountered this week. Mate said he saw him slam a revolving door.......

Onceinawhile
27-08-2016, 11:40 PM
Once dylan is fit 😂😂

Mibbes Aye
28-08-2016, 12:42 AM

:agree: McGinn struggled, though he had some good occasional touches - one quick crossfield switch in particular in the second half was sublime.

Fyvie was excellent, I was really pleased for him. Today was a game where he needed to show - no McGeouch, we don't have Henderson, and McGinn was relatively quiet. Fyvie took it on and dominated. I know the MOTM is pretty subjective but I was chuffed that he got it, thoroughly deserved.

Shinnie looks like a very shrewd piece of business. I suspect he will just keep improving with us and I think he will be running riot within a few games, once he and his teammates get used to each other. Needs to choose his studs a bit better though :greengrin

The_Horde
28-08-2016, 02:38 AM

The boy was swarmed every time he got the ball basically. Hence he wound up moving out left.

Jdawg
28-08-2016, 03:11 AM
The boy was swarmed every time he got the ball basically. Hence he wound up moving out left.

When that happens it creates space for others which we have to exploit and at pace.

Finally, we are getting to the byeline, that's where goals come from. Cummings cross was like an arrow, last season we would float balls in 30 yards from goal and they generally came to nothing.

Under Lennon we look far more purposeful.

Stubbs out together a very good squad, Lennon has taken us a step further in my opinion.

ronaldo7
28-08-2016, 07:36 AM
:agree: McGinn struggled, though he had some good occasional touches - one quick crossfield switch in particular in the second half was sublime.

Fyvie was excellent, I was really pleased for him. Today was a game where he needed to show - no McGeouch, we don't have Henderson, and McGinn was relatively quiet. Fyvie took it on and dominated. I know the MOTM is pretty subjective but I was chuffed that he got it, thoroughly deserved.

Shinnie looks like a very shrewd piece of business. I suspect he will just keep improving with us and I think he will be running riot within a few games, once he and his teammates get used to each other. Needs to choose his studs a bit better though :greengrin

:agree: You could see as the game progressed, he and Five star:wink: were linking well, but his all round performance and positional sense improved.

Finn2015
28-08-2016, 07:40 AM
Immense performances yesterday and in a different class to a team that was undefeated and had beaten top division sides like Hamilton and Kilmarnock this season (well, Huns couldn't manage that 😂😂😂). We really look strong and have great depth

Big L
28-08-2016, 09:01 AM
Very impressed with Shinnie yesterday, this guy just adds a new dimension to our attacking play. I don't think we will struggle so much to break down packed defences now!

FitbaFolkKen
28-08-2016, 09:34 AM

I said the exact same yesterday right before he swung in the right footed cross for Holt. He also broke up play and sent the ball to Cummings for the fourth.

Not his greatest game but he was still involved at key points.