PDA

View Full Version : Why do referees do that?

Hibbyradge
27-08-2016, 02:51 PM
The ref made all the players go back to their bye-kick positions, leaving the Morton keeper isolated on his own up the park, then blew the whistle for half time as soon as the ball was played.

Stupid or what?

Weststandwanab
27-08-2016, 06:50 PM
The ref made all the players go back to their bye-kick positions, leaving the Morton keeper isolated on his own up the park, then blew the whistle for half time as soon as the ball was played.

Stupid or what?

I am tempted to say thick as pig **** but I have never measured pig ****.

BoomtownHibees
27-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Does the ball no have to be "in play" before he can blow for half/full time?

HibeesLA
27-08-2016, 06:59 PM
Does the ball no have to be "in play" before he can blow for half/full time?

No. The only time you can't stop the game when the ball is out of play is for a penalty kick. That must be completed before the half/full time can be called.

BoomtownHibees
27-08-2016, 06:59 PM
No. The only time you can't stop the game when the ball is out of play is for a penalty kick. That must be completed before the half/full time can be called.

Fair enough. Don't know why they do it then

overdrive
27-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Morton had a free kick just outside the box in the first half. The player placed the ball but the ref pushed it back. Before the ref sprayed the magic spray the player then knocks the ball even further ahead compared to where it was originally and the ref just watched then walked forward and sprayed the magic spray where the ball had been moved to. Coward.

ACLeith
27-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Because Muir is an incompetent clown who doesn't understand the game and I guess has never played it at a decent level. He kind of got away with it today because we were so dominant but still has the same deep rooted problems as last year.

I'm sure he's very kind to children and animals though and is a bundle of laughs on a night out 🙄

Tom Hart RIP
28-08-2016, 06:32 AM
One of their players went down with head knock and he stopped play. Fair enough. The trainer came on and when he recovered the guy was allowed to stay on the pitch. This should only happen if a player was booked for causing the injury. It's not just Robbie Neilson who doesn't understand the rules

BoomtownHibees
28-08-2016, 06:37 AM
One of their players went down with head knock and he stopped play. Fair enough. The trainer came on and when he recovered the guy was allowed to stay on the pitch. This should only happen if a player was booked for causing the injury. It's not just Robbie Neilson who doesn't understand the rules

I think the trainer came on without the refs permission and didn't actually give the guy treatment either so think the ref was correct wi this one

JimBHibees
28-08-2016, 07:56 AM
Because Muir is an incompetent clown who doesn't understand the game and I guess has never played it at a decent level. He kind of got away with it today because we were so dominant but still has the same deep rooted problems as last year.

I'm sure he's very kind to children and animals though and is a bundle of laughs on a night out 🙄

Agree we walked it ignored many obvious fouls for Hibs while giving Morton a couple of soft ones especially first half. How Boyles wasnt a foul i dont know. He has an issue with us IMO.

Pretty Boy
28-08-2016, 07:59 AM
Agree we walked it ignored many obvious fouls for Hibs while giving Morton a couple of soft ones especially first half. How Boyles wasnt a foul i dont know. He has an issue with us IMO.

That Boyle decision was ridiculous.

It was right in front of the linesman though so how he isn't helping the ref out is beyond me. Either by flagging or by talking through the earpieces. You'd be as well replacing most linesman with a scarecrow in a black shirt for all the involvement they seem to want to have.

MarkGilchimp
28-08-2016, 02:21 PM
Not that it mattered in the end, but I thought the ref was rubbish. Does he know the rules? That handball given again McGregor when he scuffed a shot from a corner. He hadn't a clue where the ball was when it jumped up and hit his hand so was it deliberate? Fifa's Laws of the Game 2005, Law 12 says a free-kick or penalty will be awarded if a player "handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)".

JimBHibees
28-08-2016, 04:03 PM
Not that it mattered in the end, but I thought the ref was rubbish. Does he know the rules? That handball given again McGregor when he scuffed a shot from a corner. He hadn't a clue where the ball was when it jumped up and hit his hand so was it deliberate? Fifa's Laws of the Game 2005, Law 12 says a free-kick or penalty will be awarded if a player "handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)".

Agree even more ironic given the most blatant handball pen ever he ignored in the play offs last season. Atrocious ref.

Ozymandias
28-08-2016, 04:21 PM
Generally the refs do this (at all levels , not just Muir) to stop the game when it is in play and in an entirely non contentious situation. Irritating but understandable.