PDA

View Full Version : "A topsy turvy classic Cup Final"

lyonhibs
27-08-2016, 12:03 AM
In a pantheon of contenders, and with the obvious exception of "Henderson to deliverrrrrrrr", this is my favourite line.

Not just because it's the only audible line of commentary in my own "Hollywood Youtube video" of the last few seconds the final but because, especially delivered in the slightly English tones of the SKY commentator, it's just perfect.

The kind of game we had taken part in, but almost always come out on the wrong end of the deal in. 2-1 down, the scene was set for another Hibs-tastic (as it was at the time) collapse, our captain very nearly forced to come off with all subs made, but fatefully he stayed on.

Against a resurgent Rangers who had, if one read the Weegia in the weeks running up to the final, basically won it without a baw being kicked. A week after another last minute heartbreak, the Hun stage was set.

Except we ripped that stage up and pished on their chips before Warbuton had time to utter the word "respectfully".

It was topsy, it was turvy, it was classic and it will forever be immortal.

And yes, I've been drinking.

David_D
27-08-2016, 12:17 AM
Love this.

Glory Lurker
27-08-2016, 12:28 AM
Watching it again myself, too. Poor Liam McLeod. Crocker just nails it. Shame about his co-comm, though.

Glory Lurker
27-08-2016, 12:32 AM
And poor Fotheringham. The ball was in the net before he even dived! Our day. My god, we owned that.

Pete
27-08-2016, 12:35 AM
Link to your YouTube video please. :aok:

Mibbes Aye
27-08-2016, 12:55 AM
In a pantheon of contenders, and with the obvious exception of "Henderson to deliverrrrrrrr", this is my favourite line.

Not just because it's the only audible line of commentary in my own "Hollywood Youtube video" of the last few seconds the final but because, especially delivered in the slightly English tones of the SKY commentator, it's just perfect.

The kind of game we had taken part in, but almost always come out on the wrong end of the deal in. 2-1 down, the scene was set for another Hibs-tastic (as it was at the time) collapse, our captain very nearly forced to come off with all subs made, but fatefully he stayed on.

Against a resurgent Rangers who had, if one read the Weegia in the weeks running up to the final, basically won it without a baw being kicked. A week after another last minute heartbreak, the Hun stage was set.

Except we ripped that stage up and pished on their chips before Warbuton had time to utter the word "respectfully".

It was topsy, it was turvy, it was classic and it will forever be immortal.

And yes, I've been drinking.

Quality post :aok:

lyonhibs
27-08-2016, 12:58 AM
Link to your YouTube video please. :aok:

I couldn't possibly........

https://youtu.be/YABRXpYyUgY

Pete
27-08-2016, 02:23 AM

The boys on the other table will probably never understand.

Bay Area Hibees
27-08-2016, 06:40 AM
Magic

Mr_F
27-08-2016, 06:45 AM

Superb Tarqs, made my Saturday!