PDA

View Full Version : Dan Carmichael

NikGunnarsson
26-08-2016, 09:27 PM
Is getting realesed, thoughts? Thought he was good pre season boy never got a chance would keep him personally

Pete
26-08-2016, 09:33 PM
He's probably better off somewhere else where he can get a game.

Michael
26-08-2016, 09:41 PM
Did alright when he played IMO. Pity he didn't make more appearances, but maybe best for both parties. Hope he doesn't go to a team in our division.

CapitalGreen
26-08-2016, 10:06 PM
Good player and good pro. Unlucky to sign for a team that doesn't play wingers. Wouldn't be surprised to seem him sign for a Prem team. Good luck to him, just not against us!

ancient hibee
26-08-2016, 10:10 PM
Who says he's being released.Thought he had a couple of years still to go.

w pilton hibby
26-08-2016, 10:14 PM
Who says he's being released.Thought he had a couple of years still to go.

Kenny Millar

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7229119/Hibs-in-talks-to-release-winger-Danny-Carmichael.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160826-_-Sport-_-554648857

monktonharp
26-08-2016, 10:19 PM
Kenny Millar

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7229119/Hibs-in-talks-to-release-winger-Danny-Carmichael.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160826-_-Sport-_-554648857
I stopped reading cowboy comics years ago, but there may be some truth in it. I will wait for an official club statement. bloody shame if true though as he hardly got a chance, and yet he was a prolific scorer when with QoS.

lord bunberry
26-08-2016, 10:24 PM
I feel a bit disappointed. I thought he could've been a decent player for us. In Lennon we trust.

hibsdaft
26-08-2016, 10:28 PM
we should loan him to QOTS so he can play against Raith, Falkirk and Dundee United, and then unsettle the Queens lineup when he has to be dropped to play against us.

Baw187
26-08-2016, 10:32 PM
I'd have liked to have seen him get a chance as he has done little wrong in the few games he's played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
26-08-2016, 10:49 PM
I'd have liked to have seen him get a chance as he has done little wrong in the few games he's played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing nothing wrong is easy, doing really good things is a lot more difficult.

Sorry if that's stating the obvious but for me he is in the same boat as someone like Danny handling, would come on, look tidy enough, not take any risks, rarely lose the ball but never really do anything. I've always just felt he was a bit pointless soar from one game against Alloa I think it was.

Jones28
26-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Can only assume there is someone better lined up.

Onceinawhile
26-08-2016, 10:52 PM
we should loan him to QOTS so he can play against Raith, Falkirk and Dundee United, and then unsettle the Queens lineup when he has to be dropped to play against us.

Agree.

NAE NOOKIE
26-08-2016, 11:27 PM
If its true I'm sorry to see him go, if given the chance at a decent run I'm sure he could have done a job for us. Lets hope a premiership team picks him up, coz he could do damage to us with a Championship club.

Vini1875
26-08-2016, 11:38 PM
Don't buy the never given a chance line. Surely he was in training four/five days a week, barring injury. He had to impress in training or work on his liabilities as the manager viewed them. If I was getting a game, I would ask why, and if I was told I was too slow, too fat, couldn't cross, couldn't head a ball, I would make the effort to improve to make it more difficult for the manager to leave me out. Fans see players for minutes, while the coaching staff have days with them and some players simply don't step up.

Big L
26-08-2016, 11:45 PM

I hope it's McKay Stevens or Hendo.

monktonharp
26-08-2016, 11:52 PM
when we gonnae forget Hendo? pictured last week with all his team mates heading to Tel Aviv. he is a Celtic player, wants to be and IS. best of luck to the laddie

Andy74
27-08-2016, 07:06 AM

Does the fact he doesn't play not suggest we already have better here?

lucky
27-08-2016, 07:21 AM
Good player and good pro. Unlucky to sign for a team that doesn't play wingers. Wouldn't be surprised to seem him sign for a Prem team. Good luck to him, just not against us!

Can't see him getting a premiership team, he's never played higher than championship football. I thought he was decent enough in the few games he got at Hibs.

Ronniekirk
27-08-2016, 07:24 AM
Dan and Sammy arent even getting game time in the under 20 team but Harris played in the game againt Hearts but hasnt made the bench recently for first team
All three need to be playing regular football and doesnt look like it will be at Hibs so they will know themselves they need to move on even if another loan spell It will be same for Handling in january whenf fit and even Scott Martin may needto do likewise if we bring in another midfielder

Marco G
27-08-2016, 07:28 AM
Can't see him getting a premiership team, he's never played higher than championship football. I thought he was decent enough in the few games he got at Hibs.
Thought that his injuries meant he missed lots of matches and so when fit he was on the bench mainly. So difficult to say just how good he really is imho.

Matty_Jack04
27-08-2016, 07:45 AM
Good player IMO just the wrong kind of player for the formations stubbsy was playing, thought he would have been worth a try tip of the diamond when keatings was in there and not playing well last year, he'll be a good signing for someone, hopefully he moves up

thebausburst
27-08-2016, 08:05 AM
Nice guy but not good enough I'm afraid, did very little for me on rare occasions when he did play and presumably isn't exactly pulling up trees in training, move on.

JimBHibees
27-08-2016, 09:39 AM

Sounds like a plan.

scoopyboy
27-08-2016, 09:51 AM

Possibly, or we need to trim the size of the squad.

easty
27-08-2016, 09:56 AM
Never made an impact so we won't miss him at all. Nae point having players who are capable of doing this or that, but never actually do anything.

Lago
27-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Was led to believe by comments on here that he wasn't really a winger, more a mid fielder.

G B Young
27-08-2016, 10:26 AM
I thought he seemed a good signing but he's barely featured, largely due to injury. When he got a run-out against Alloa last season I was quite impressed but I can only assume Lennon doesn't regard him as good enough or that he just doesn't fit in with his style of play.

Personally I'd prefer to see more than one outlet down the wing, rather than relying on Stevenson to charge up and down there for the entire game. Great pro that he is, he doesn't deliver anything like enough when it comes to a final ball.

CapitalGreen
27-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Was led to believe by comments on here that he wasn't really a winger, more a mid fielder.

Shouldn't believe everything/anything you read online.

w pilton hibby
27-08-2016, 10:47 AM
Personally I'd prefer to see more than one outlet down the wing, rather than relying on Stevenson to charge up and down there for the entire game. Great pro that he is, he doesn't deliver anything like enough when it comes to a final ball.

Our new striker would appear to disagree with you regarding Lewis's contributions. Pinpoint crosses 😀

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/7227104/Brian-Graham-I-cant-wait-to-get-on-the-end-of-Lewis-Stevensons-pinpoint-crosses.html

Franck Stanton
27-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Sad news if true. Thought he showed up well in pre-season. Can see him returning to QotS and will be a thorn in our side whenever we play them. Has a lot to offer imo.

IncredibleHibee
27-08-2016, 11:15 AM

No one is 'lined up' - they are trimming the squad. Already brought in Shinnie and Graham.

The Leith Dutch
27-08-2016, 11:24 AM

I know it doesn't come easy as a Hibs fan but the fact that most of us think thoughts like this is worrying.

Given the size of our club and the quality of our squad we shouldn't be thinking of unsettling QotS with off field shenanigans and mind games.
We should just be playing them off the park.

Clearly the team and manager should never be complacent about any game and I know we lost to them earlier but we should be expecting 12 points off QotS this season regardless of which of their players they stick on the pitch.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-08-2016, 11:25 AM
He wasn't good enough otherwise he would have had more games

greenlex
27-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Does the fact he doesn't play not suggest we already have better here?

Probably but maybe he meant better back up.

WhileTheChief..
27-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Can't say I'm too bothered, he's barely kicked a ball for us.

Good move by Lennon, I'd imagine another few will go next week too.

McIntosh
27-08-2016, 02:55 PM
I expect him to be part of a swap deal of some description

Heisenberg
27-08-2016, 03:02 PM
I expect him to be part of a swap deal of some description

Dobbie to us and QOTS get Carmichael back :greengrin

Can't think of who we'd be swapping him for in all honesty though?