PDA

View Full Version : Would you mention the cup final if you met a Rangers player?

SkintHibby
26-08-2016, 06:25 PM
I'm no spring chicken and should be ashamed of myself but I was in the sober company of Danny Wilson the other day there and asked him first of all if he played in the cup final (I seriously never knew) and secondly asked him if he could indeed confirm if Stokes was on fire that day.

He was not amused.

Was I out of order?

Pete
26-08-2016, 06:30 PM
I would probably mention it but in a non-confrontational way. Some might say they should rise above any stick they get but they are only human beings.

hibbysam
26-08-2016, 06:34 PM
I'm no spring chicken and should be ashamed of myself but I was in the sober company of Danny Wilson the other day there and asked him first of all if he played in the cup final (I seriously never knew) and secondly asked him if he could indeed confirm if Stokes was on fire that day.

He was not amused.

Was I out of order?

Hope you asked him how his injuries were and wished him well in his recovery from what was a traumatic experience.

BullsCloseHibs
26-08-2016, 06:37 PM
What's not to like winding up that lot

hibsbollah
26-08-2016, 06:38 PM
I would and I have. To Mr John Greig no less. It was lovely seeing such a look of utter desolation on the face of an old man.

weecounty hibby
It would be rude not to!!

Finn2015
Oh yes I wouldn't shut up about it

Pete
26-08-2016, 06:40 PM
On second thoughts, doing that W hand sign thing to Kenny Miller (with a smug look on my face) sounds extremely satisfying.

SkintHibby
26-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Hope you asked him how his injuries were and wished him well in his recovery from what was a traumatic experience.

I was going to ask him that jokingly and mention how classy Kenny Miller was to shake every Hibs players hand after the match but I realised as soon as I mentioned Anthony Stokes I thought, "mission accomplished".

HFC07
26-08-2016, 06:41 PM
I would be all serious with them and ask,
Come on tell me did anybody actually get hit by the Hibs fans?
Or did the media blow it up?

I really want to know.

Cardinal G
26-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Most definitely. Would be rude not to.

Callyballybe
26-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Haha! Asking him if indeed Stokes was on fire that day made me laugh.

PISTOL1875
26-08-2016, 06:49 PM
I would get right into Andy '' I've got this ''Halliday...

Bostonhibby
26-08-2016, 06:50 PM
I'd have asked him if he was with Miller warbler and halliday in thinking job done when their second went in.

MurrayfieldHibs
26-08-2016, 06:50 PM

He was not amused.

Was I out of order?

I would ask them if they would like to see my moby lock screen photo of Captain Gray lifting THE cup :greengrin

Skol
26-08-2016, 07:07 PM
It would be polite to ask how their recovery from assault is going

SkintHibby
26-08-2016, 07:11 PM
I never asked him if he thought Stokes had a good game. I actually asked him him if he thought "stokes was on fire". <cringe>. :thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
26-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Would be rude not to mention it. Would lull them in to a false sense of security by starting saying "one of the best days of my life was at a Rangers game..."

Famous Fiver
26-08-2016, 07:22 PM
I would have asked two questions
'Do you need any turf for the garden?'
and
'Is that big hole in your back pocket that Stokes kept climbing out of fixed yet?'

Eyrie
26-08-2016, 07:36 PM
I think it would only be fair to congratulate him for his team's contribution to an excellent game of football.

And then I'd grin and add that the best team won.

Glory Lurker
26-08-2016, 07:40 PM
I would be really humble and offer grovelling thanks to him for having contributed to one of the best days of my life. I am not worthy!!!!:not worth

Weststandwanab
26-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Great thread !

Eldest daughter (hibs daft)was on holiday in Florida with her Sevco supporting Husband when the final was on. I asked how was it she said magic when Sir David scored nut the dodgy Internet feed when down at the pitch invasion and my son in law was fuming ! Pleasing

3 weeks after that son and his (sevco supporting) girlfriend graduated from Glasgow Universit. Her parents ( both sevconians) were there and we all went for a meal afterwards. At my son's request we both wore Hibernian ties. I said nothing but to his credit her father eventually mentioned that day and said he was angry - with sevco - and congratulated me on a better team winning the cup that day.

I paid the bill in full.

EastCalderHibby
26-08-2016, 08:56 PM

He was not amused.

Was I out of order?

DEFO NOT take a bow sir ......but you did let him off lightly :greengrin

Radium
26-08-2016, 09:00 PM

He was not amused.

Was I out of order?

Strange, his dad shook my hand and congratulated me ... [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkintHibby
26-08-2016, 09:23 PM
Strange, his dad shook my hand and congratulated me ... [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not strange. His dad is a tim and probably welcomed a Hibs victory.

DTS
26-08-2016, 09:35 PM
I serve him almost on a weekly basis in my work, after the first couple of times after the final he just kinda brushed it off. Now however he just has a bit of a laugh with stuff like come back when you're in the premiership etc. Stupid poor patter but probably the best you can expect from a professional player

GreenLake
26-08-2016, 09:37 PM
I had a wee exchange as Zelalem passed after playing for Arsenal against Chivas. I told him I thought he was one of the best players on the park at Hampden and that I knew because I was there (while showing my Hibs top). He laughed and asked me if I went on the pitch (no I was in the Upper South Stand). I wished him an excellent career and hoped that he wouldn't have to play for a horrible club with no history or major trophies.

Sir David Gray
26-08-2016, 09:42 PM
Ask him if Lee Wallace is allowed visitors in his ward yet and if so, is it just two to a bed?

Baader
26-08-2016, 09:47 PM
I would and I have. To Mr John Greig no less. It was lovely seeing such a look of utter desolation on the face of an old man.

Good work. SuperHun hates Hibs.