PDA

View Full Version : New Centre at Riccarton

linlithgowhibbie
26-08-2016, 05:35 PM
See what Levein says about lack of youngsters coming thru in Scotland (copied from Kickback !

"Q18 – Since your playing days has the quality of Scottish Football moved compared to other European countries?

CL – He feels the standard of players in Scotland has fallen. One reason is the lack of investment. He cited Aberdeen as an example, one of the biggest clubs in Scotland but don’t have their own training ground. "

Inferring Hearts do have their own training ground (and that the new centre is theirs)

The real reason that Hearts don't play their under 20s matches their is also confirmed below,Q4 – Did Hibs steal a march on us by getting to use Riccarton whilst we’re still at Stenhousemuir?

"CL – We’ve got a good relationship with Stenhousemuir with regards to the ground and also to loan players to them and are happy playing the U20s games there. In addition, the SFA pay us £700 per game to play at a recognised Senior ground. They would pay us £300 to play at a Junior ground. To play indoors at Riccarton would cost us £350 time."

They have to pay for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bostonhibby
26-08-2016, 05:42 PM
See what Levein says about lack of youngsters coming thru in Scotland (copied from Kickback !

"Q18 – Since your playing days has the quality of Scottish Football moved compared to other European countries?

CL – He feels the standard of players in Scotland has fallen. One reason is the lack of investment. He cited Aberdeen as an example, one of the biggest clubs in Scotland but don’t have their own training ground. "

Inferring Hearts do have their own training ground (and that the new centre is theirs)

The real reason that Hearts don't play their under 20s matches their is also confirmed below,Q4 – Did Hibs steal a march on us by getting to use Riccarton whilst we’re still at Stenhousemuir?

"CL – We’ve got a good relationship with Stenhousemuir with regards to the ground and also to loan players to them and are happy playing the U20s games there. In addition, the SFA pay us £700 per game to play at a recognised Senior ground. They would pay us £300 to play at a Junior ground. To play indoors at Riccarton would cost us £350 time."

They had to pay heriot watt as well but that's theory and the morally right thing to do.

They didn't actually pay any money and weren't pushed too hard for it either last time around!

tamig
26-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Am I not right in thinking that the facilities hertz use are still in place but don't form part of the new Oriam set up?

lord bunberry
26-08-2016, 06:04 PM
I had a Jambo in the taxi last night and he told me that hibs were being allowed to use THEIR training centre because the government had put money into it and they had to be fair to all clubs. It's fair to say that by the time the journey ended and I had set him straight on the issue, I didn't get a tip :greengrin

ancient hibee
26-08-2016, 06:06 PM
I had a Jambo in the taxi last night and he told me that hibs were being allowed to use THEIR training centre because the government had put money into it and they had to be fair to all clubs. It's fair to say that by the time the journey ended and I had set him straight on the issue, I didn't get a tip :greengrin

You're lucky to get the fare:greengrin

Kato
26-08-2016, 06:09 PM

Where do they get these weird beliefs from, who feeds them this crap?

Pete
26-08-2016, 06:26 PM
What sort of landlord gets bumped from their tennant then let's them crawl back into the digs without ever mentioning the massive debt ever again? Zero backbone from whoever makes these decisions.

Hearts shouldn't be bragging about it, if the club had any conscience they wouldn't set foot in that place again.

At least our conscience is clear.

Bostonhibby
26-08-2016, 06:54 PM
What sort of landlord gets bumped from their tennant then let's them crawl back into the digs without ever mentioning the massive debt ever again? Zero backbone from whoever makes these decisions.

Hearts shouldn't be bragging about it, if the club had any conscience they wouldn't set foot in that place again.

At least our conscience is clear.
The establishment in action, same as before. Somebody else's paying so who cares seems to be the attitude of tenants and landlords respectively. Pre and post administration?

The goalie
26-08-2016, 07:09 PM

Is he not saying it would cost them money to play at the new centre as it is not classed as a senior ground? So don't get the 700 for having it at a senior ground? Anyway not a surprise about Stenny as the chairmanship son is at Hearts as a 17 :) very good relationship.

Matty_Jack04
26-08-2016, 07:24 PM
Is he not saying it would cost them money to play at the new centre as it is not classed as a senior ground? So don't get the 700 for having it at a senior ground? Anyway not a surprise about Stenny as the chairmanship son is at Hearts as a 17 :) very good relationship.

Sfa pay them (hearts) 700 per game for using a senior ground probably to compensate whatever fee the chosen snr team (stenny) charge for use of there pitch however as u say the guys son is in at hearts so I'd be willing to bet the pitch hire is waved and the yams are banking 700 per game

Why though are we using it? Are we paying to u that with east mains sitting there?

Scott Allan Key
26-08-2016, 07:25 PM

You could say, an incestuous relationship.

ian cruise
26-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Sfa pay them (hearts) 700 per game for using a senior ground probably to compensate whatever fee the chosen snr team (stenny) charge for use of there pitch however as u say the guys son is in at hearts so I'd be willing to bet the pitch hire is waved and the yams are banking 700 per game

Why though are we using it? Are we paying to u that with east mains sitting there?

Surely then the SPFL would pay the money straight to Stenny, if not they should be demanding proof of payment for the money they are reimbursing. Obviously this wouldn't happen but if that's why they are getting paid the £700 then I'd expect Hibs to ask the SPFL to contribute to their costs, let's play these guys at their own game.

Bostonhibby
26-08-2016, 07:44 PM
You could say, an incestuous relationship.

:agree: All very yammish

lord bunberry
26-08-2016, 07:44 PM

I would hope we're not paying for it. I seems ludicrous to me that we have a suitable facility, that we own and is capable of hosting under 20 games , to then use another facility. It's maybe been explained on another thread why we're using Riccarton.

Since90+2
26-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Hearts at Riccarton are similar to Fernieside / St Bernands / Edina Hibs calling up and booking a training space at Meadowbank or Spartans. They know it makes a mockery of their big club claim so we should ram it home as much as possible.

Kato
26-08-2016, 08:01 PM
Surely then the SPFL would pay the money straight to Stenny, if not they should be demanding proof of payment for the money they are reimbursing. Obviously this wouldn't happen but if that's why they are getting paid the £700 then I'd expect Hibs to ask the SPFL to contribute to their costs, let's play these guys at their own game.

How does it cost those clowns to run their bus to and from Stenny?

GreenCastle
26-08-2016, 08:22 PM
They never paid for thier last lease at HW.

Amazing they are still allowed to use the public facility.

They don't own it just rent space like anyone can.

They can walk about and pretend like they own it as much as they want but they haven't spent a penny in developing fees.

ian cruise
26-08-2016, 08:25 PM
How does it cost those clowns to run their bus to and from Stenny?

Post I referred to indicated that Hearts pay Stenny and that's why SPFL pay Hearts to use the ground. I was questioning why the SPFL didn't just paid Stenhousemuir directly rather than Hearts pay them and SPFL pay Hearts.

Matty_Jack04
26-08-2016, 08:28 PM

Im only having a wild stab in the dark I can't understand why the sfa would be paying clubs to play development matches

ian cruise
26-08-2016, 08:33 PM
Im only having a wild stab in the dark I can't understand why the sfa would be paying clubs to play development matches

Seems odd to me too but I wouldn't put anything past the SPFL/Scottish FA

edinburghhibee
27-08-2016, 01:18 AM
My team start training there next week and we have made enquiries to play our home matches there too and I can tell you 100% it's no costing us £350 a match.... Someone's telling porky pies to their supporters again!!!

.Sean.
27-08-2016, 02:07 AM
Is there not a rule that u20's games now have to be played at a ground with a couple hundred seats? There's not a stand at East Mains as far as I'm aware so that could be why we're playing elsewhere.

StevieCowan
27-08-2016, 06:30 AM
The payments are in the articles of the SFA, it was changed about 4 years ago to provide an incentive for clubs and to differniate between Development games and 'bounce' games.

Clubs said "we'll do that" but it'll cost us to rent/open a stadium, therefore a formula was introduced to give the home club a payment for using a SFA registered ground.

CapitalGreen
27-08-2016, 06:44 AM
Is there not a rule that u20's games now have to be played at a ground with a couple hundred seats? There's not a stand at East Mains as far as I'm aware so that could be why we're playing elsewhere.

This is correct.

It is also good for development teams to have a separation between training facilities and match facilities so games are not treated like training matches.

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2016, 07:05 AM
Are we the first club to own two training centres? :greengrin

JimBHibees
27-08-2016, 09:03 AM
My team start training there next week and we have made enquiries to play our home matches there too and I can tell you 100% it's no costing us £350 a match.... Someone's telling porky pies to their supporters again!!!

How much does it cost?

Billy Whizz
27-08-2016, 09:05 AM
How much does it cost?

If you want 1/3 of the pitch for training purposes, think it's around £78 for an hour an a half

JimBHibees
27-08-2016, 09:08 AM
If you want 1/3 of the pitch for training purposes, think it's around £78 for an hour an a half

Ok cheers was thinking more of being able to book full pitch for a game. Help run a youth team and wouldn't mind giving it a try.