PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh rugby

Allant1981
26-08-2016, 04:05 PM
They are going to be trialling games at myreside for a while and see if its any benefit coming away from murrayfield, think its a good move for them as murrayfield is far to big for club rugby up here

Pretty Boy
26-08-2016, 04:50 PM
They are going to be trialling games at myreside for a while and see if its any benefit coming away from murrayfield, think its a good move for them as murrayfield is far to big for club rugby up here

Did they not play at Myreside for a while many years ago?

Sure I remember going to a game v Newport there. Certainly sees to make sense as the crowds they attract will look decent at Myreside compared to rattling about in Murrayfield.

lord bunberry
26-08-2016, 07:05 PM
Did they not play at Myreside for a while many years ago?

Sure I remember going to a game v Newport there. Certainly sees to make sense as the crowds they attract will look decent at Myreside compared to rattling about in Murrayfield.
Murrayfield is too big Myreside is too small. They should either build a smaller stadium or pay for a hybrid pitch at Easter Road. Easter Road is the perfect location for Edinburgh Rugby, with its modern facilities and the fact they could have a bevvy whilst watching the game. The issue is the pitch wouldn't stand up to football and rugby in its current form.

edit. You're right about them playing at Myreside before, that's their default stadium when murrayfield isn't available.

LancashireHibby
26-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Presume the pitch at Tynecastle isn't big enough?

Golden Bear
26-08-2016, 07:47 PM
Presume the pitch at Tynecastle isn't big enough?

It must be. It ain't football that's played there most weeks, that's for sure.

Pete
27-08-2016, 02:40 AM
I don't know about the size of the ground but the facilities at Boroughmuir are excellent.

Myreside looks like Tynecastle did before it had proper terracing.

Allant1981
28-08-2016, 06:24 PM
Pretty sure they are putting up a temp stand also as they are looking to get 4000 people along

nellio
08-09-2016, 12:47 PM
I've started following Edinburgh a bit since I've been up here. Watched their game Vs Cardiff last week. Though they were poor. Totally crumbled in the 2nd half. Will need to improve big time if they are going to make the champions cup spots.

theonlywayisup
09-09-2016, 09:06 PM
They won 20-9 tonight

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/37309088

nellio
13-09-2016, 11:03 AM
Decent result for them. Hope they win on Friday.

Golden Bear
13-09-2016, 05:48 PM
What an admission, but I much prefer watching Gregor Townsend's Glasgow Warriors. They play a brand of rugby which is both pleasing to the eye and very exciting to watch.

Hamish
14-09-2016, 01:15 PM
What an admission, but I much prefer watching Gregor Townsend's Glasgow Warriors. They play a brand of rugby which is both pleasing to the eye and very exciting to watch.

I agree. Despite Solomon's protestations Edinburgh are not a great team to watch. Hopefully with a proper stand off now we may see better this season.