PDA

View Full Version : Joe hart

Halifaxhibby
24-08-2016, 10:35 PM
Better than king conrad???, minus the dandruff of course!!, the minute the guy started doing head and shoulders ads his career plummeted!! Back up for rocky??

John collins would eat himself if he was chocolate!!!

GGTTH
FTHMFC

Halifaxhibby
24-08-2016, 10:49 PM
Just seen craig(butterfingers) gordons highlights...oooft!!! Yeah not number 1 in any team.

Dr Jimmy
24-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Better than king conrad???, minus the dandruff of course!!, the minute the guy started doing head and shoulders ads his career plummeted!! Back up for rocky??

John collins would eat himself if he was chocolate!!!

GGTTH
FTHMFC
I also enjoy a few beers on a Wednesday night 😜

Halifaxhibby
24-08-2016, 11:33 PM
Eh????

Halifaxhibby
24-08-2016, 11:36 PM
Max from mission impossible?, if u watch fitba regularly my point is evident mate.

Halifaxhibby
24-08-2016, 11:39 PM
Sorry, read the text again...not everyone understands irony(for u max it aint doin a lot of shirts!! Iron..y get it?? God help us all).

DH1875
25-08-2016, 06:32 AM
Joe Hart is awful. Always been overrated because he's English and playing for City. Irony is, he's not even the best English keeper and he wouldn't be anywhere near my starting 11.

Danderhall Hibs
25-08-2016, 07:16 AM
Joe Hart is awful. Always been overrated because he's English and playing for City. Irony is, he's not even the best English keeper and he wouldn't be anywhere near my starting 11.

Who would you start instead? Rocky or Laidlaw?

Big_Franck
25-08-2016, 08:36 AM

Agreed. Always thought he was average and has held Man City back. He's the latest in a long line of youngish English goalkeepers that get talked up and then found out pretty quickly. Chris Kirkland, Ben Foster, Robert Green and now Joe Hart. Not a top class goalkeeper among them IMO.

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2016, 08:47 AM
I think Hart is a good keeper, he certainly has made some mistakes but over the piece he's had some wonderful games for City that won them games.

I'm not convinced Guardiola has seen enough of the English Premiership to write off Hart and rely on the reserve lad who's name escapes me and the Barca reserve keeper.

But that's what managers are paid a huge wage for, and Guardiola is probably the best manager out there, i just think on this occasion he's being a little hasty on this decision.

lumbo_hfc
25-08-2016, 08:53 AM
I think Hart is a good keeper, he certainly has made some mistakes but over the piece he's had some wonderful games for City that won them games.

I'm not convinced Guardiola has seen enough of the English Premiership to write off Hart and rely on the reserve lad who's name escapes me and the Barca reserve keeper.

But that's what managers are paid a huge wage for, and Guardiola is probably the best manager out there, i just think on this occasion he's being a little hasty on this decision.
Barcelona's first choice keeper***

JDHibs
25-08-2016, 09:13 AM
Harts always been pretty solid, with the odd howler always lurking. Like an older better Oxley.

However, after 10 years service im pretty disgusted with how he has been treated, hes been a mainstay in that Man City team for years and has been part of sides that have won a decent amount of trophies and success.

I understand he may not be Peps kind of keeper but atleast show him some respect.

Be doubtful any one in England will take him on loan, as City want £7m season fee plus hes on £135k a week. Shame, has years left in his tank!

easty
25-08-2016, 09:19 AM
However, after 10 years service im pretty disgusted with how he has been treated, hes been a mainstay in that Man City team for years and has been part of sides that have won a decent amount of trophies and success.
!

I've seen a bit of that kind of talk in the media lately. I don't really get it. Managers at football teams are always buying new players, who replace the ones who had played before. A manager is brought in to improve things, and he'll shift on those who aren't good enough, and replace them with better. How is that a disgusting way to treat a player?

FWIW, I don't rate Joe Hart, and with him leaving Man City I expect he'll lose his England No 1 spot to Forster.

Stevie Reid
25-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Seems like a good guy, but after the summer he's had (not to mention a career that's been sprinkled with high profile errors for both club and country), I don't think he can have any complaints - though to to be fair, from his interview last night, he has none (publicly at least).

He had one phenomenal season for City when they won the league in 2012, and if he had kicked on from there I think he could have gone on to be considered one of the best in the world - but he seems to have gone backwards. He's a good age, probably has another ten years left in him, so could be a good signing for someone depending on the asking price. Might struggle to get another high profile team that regularly plays in the CL though.

Craig_in_Prague
25-08-2016, 09:39 AM
Harts always been pretty solid, with the odd howler always lurking. Like an older better Oxley.

I understand he may not be Peps kind of keeper but atleast show him some respect.

Be doubtful any one in England will take him on loan, as City want £7m season fee plus hes on £135k a week. Shame, has years left in his tank!

Keep reading and hearing this "show him respect" sentence. What does that mean in footballing terms, managers are paid to be successful and either play a player or don't.

If he doesn't fancy him as a keeper, it's his choice and he has to do everything he can to be successful otherwise his own career and reputation is a stake.

A player isn't played anymore by new manager, ah diddums, 135k grand a week to train, what a poor little thing.

JDHibs
25-08-2016, 09:56 AM
I've seen a bit of that kind of talk in the media lately. I don't really get it. Managers at football teams are always buying new players, who replace the ones who had played before. A manager is brought in to improve things, and he'll shift on those who aren't good enough, and replace them with better. How is that a disgusting way to treat a player?

FWIW, I don't rate Joe Hart, and with him leaving Man City I expect he'll lose his England No 1 spot to Forster.

Keep reading and hearing this "show him respect" sentence. What does that mean in footballing terms, managers are paid to be successful and either play a player or don't.

If he doesn't fancy him as a keeper, it's his choice and he has to do everything he can to be successful otherwise his own career and reputation is a stake.

A player isn't played anymore by new manager, ah diddums, 135k grand a week to train, what a poor little thing.

I said it the paragraph after the part both of you's have decided to pick up on?

"10 years service"
"Mainstay for years"
"won decent amount of trophies"

Then a new manager comes in and hes disregarded immediately down to 3rd in the pecking order (When Bravo signs) without a being given a chance to change his style. Pep wants a "sweeper/keeper", why cant Hart change to become one? Harts even said himself, he finds it laughable he is being judged on his passing skills and not his keeping qualities. People forget Caballero has had some massive howlers for City and hes only been there 2/3 seasons. Thats whats disgusting/disrespectful. If you dont understand that, then theres not much i can do.

I dont think hes the greatest keeper ever, never said i did, ive said for a while Forster should be Englands no1 and he is a better keeper overall.

Stating the £135k a week wasnt a point made to say Diddums, 99.9% of footballers want to play football, they dont want to sit on a bench, hence, he may struggle to get a move. Hes 29 and going into the prime years of his keeping career, last thign he wants to do is sit and watch from the bench. Again, quite a poor attitude to suggest he would be happy to sit on the bench because hes being paid a bucket load. Reckon by now he doesnt really need the money and will comfortably be a multi millionaire.

jacomo
25-08-2016, 10:10 AM
I said it the paragraph after the part both of you's have decided to pick up on?

"10 years service"
"Mainstay for years"

Then a new manager comes in and hes disregarded immediately down to 3rd in the pecking order (When Bravo signs) without a being given a chance to change his style. Pep wants a "sweeper/keeper", why cant Hart change to become one? Harts even said himself, he finds it laughable he is being judged on his passing skills and not his keeping qualities. People forget Caballero has had some massive howlers for City and hes only been there 2/3 seasons. Thats whats disgusting/disrespectful. If you dont understand that, then theres not much i can do.

I dont think hes the greatest keeper ever, never said i did, ive said for a while Forster should be Englands no1 and he is a better keeper overall.

Stating the £135k a week wasnt a point made to say Diddums, 99.9% of footballers want to play football, they dont want to sit on a bench, hence, he may struggle to get a move. Hes 29 and going into the prime years of his keeping career, last thign he wants to do is sit and watch from the bench. Again, quite a poor attitude to suggest he would be happy to sit on the bench because hes being paid a bucket load. Reckon by now he doesnt really need the money and will comfortably be a multi millionaire.

The new manager doesn't fancy him though. Joe Hart's howls of protest to his chums in the media won't change that.

Outfield players can change their role or prove their worth as an impact sub, but keepers are either in or out. He needs to move and stop bleating, because it's getting boring.

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2016, 10:16 AM
Barcelona's first choice keeper***

Is it, I thought it was the reserve keeper? I wonder why they are willing to sell their number 1 keeper?

JDHibs
25-08-2016, 10:20 AM
Is it, I thought it was the reserve keeper? I wonder why they are willing to sell their number 1 keeper?

No he was no1. They have bought Cilleson as No1 now. Netherlands keeper.

easty
25-08-2016, 10:20 AM

"10 years service"
"Mainstay for years"

You're right touchy eh.

Hart is diddy. Guardiola (who's done enough as a player and a manager that he can claim to have a good eye for a player) doesn't rate him. Guardiola's job isn't 'operation be nice to the boy from the head n shoulders advert'.

JDHibs
25-08-2016, 10:21 AM
The new manager doesn't fancy him though. Joe Hart's howls of protest to his chums in the media won't change that.

Outfield players can change their role or prove their worth as an impact sub, but keepers are either in or out. He needs to move and stop bleating, because it's getting boring.

Course it wont change it, but anyone else in his situation would be aggrieved aswell.

Keepers can be moulded to change their style.

JDHibs
25-08-2016, 10:24 AM
You're right touchy eh.

Hart is diddy. Guardiola (who's done enough as a player and a manager that he can claim to have a good eye for a player) doesn't rate him. Guardiola's job isn't 'operation be nice to the boy from the head n shoulders advert'.
I dont get touchy over people i dont know on the internet mate. Just like to make my point lol.

So does that mean Hughes, Mancini, Pellegrini have no idea what they are doing....

I hope he manages to get a move. Be a waste to sit on a bench. Saying that i hope it brings him down a peg or 2 as hes an arrogant t**t

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pat 0-7
25-08-2016, 10:24 AM

I think Jack Butland is a better keeper and if he fully recovers from injury will be their no. 1

easty
25-08-2016, 10:27 AM
I think Jack Butland is a better keeper and if he fully recovers from injury will be their no. 1

I'd actually forgot about Butland, I agree with you, he's a talent. Not be surprised to see him move to one of the big clubs after getting fit and having another great season for Stoke.

Pretty Boy
25-08-2016, 10:46 AM

I think him and Ter Stegen played in a rotation type system.

Bravo played the league games and Ter Stegen played the Champions League.

lapsedhibee
25-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Keepers can be moulded to change their style.
Possibly harder to do if the keeper concerned finds the idea 'laughable'?

Craig_HFC
25-08-2016, 01:48 PM
I dont get touchy over people i dont know on the internet mate. Just like to make my point lol.

So does that mean Hughes, Mancini, Pellegrini have no idea what they are doing....

I hope he manages to get a move. Be a waste to sit on a bench. Saying that i hope it brings him down a peg or 2 as hes an arrogant t**t

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It was widely reported that Mancini wanted to bring in another goalkeeper to replace Hart but he got sacked before he could do so.

ekhibee
25-08-2016, 02:10 PM
I've always thought Hart is a good keeper, but his mistakes seem to get highlighted because of his high profile. In a way he has to do more than keepers at some other premiership clubs because Man City's defence, without Kompany, is decidedly pish and he gets next to no protection. Same at the last World Cup, where England's defence was again shocking, although it was definitely his fault for one of the Iceland goals. I dunno, he might end up like some other high profile keepers, getting let go and joining some lower half premiership team where he can kind of pick up his career again. It depends how eager Guardiola is to get rid of him.

Scouse Hibee
25-08-2016, 02:27 PM
He needs the keeper to play sweeper to cover the inadequacies of John Stones.

lyonhibs
25-08-2016, 03:26 PM
Possibly harder to do if the keeper concerned finds the idea 'laughable'?

He didn't find the concept of a "sweeper keeper" laughable per
se, rather the idea that his pass completion stats should be accorded equal importance as his goalkeeping ones, which I entirely agree with.

Dunbar Hibee
25-08-2016, 03:30 PM
I'd actually forgot about Butland, I agree with you, he's a talent. Not be surprised to see him move to one of the big clubs after getting fit and having another great season for Stoke.

Yeah I thought he was older than 23, still has a big career ahead of him if he can stay fit.

pacoluna
25-08-2016, 03:32 PM
Butland only stood out because he is at stoke, He is obviously going to have a bigger opportunity to impress stat wise when it comes to shot stopping, through the amount of action he gets compared to others. Any keeper can put their body in the way of a shot. Doesn't necessarily make them a world class keeper. Most top teams who are high pressing are more focused on distribution and positioning of a keeper rather than their ability to shot stop.

JimBHibees
26-08-2016, 09:01 AM
Butland only stood out because he is at stoke, He is obviously going to have a bigger opportunity to impress stat wise when it comes to shot stopping, through the amount of action he gets compared to others. Any keeper can put their body in the way of a shot. Doesn't necessarily make them a world class keeper. Most top teams who are high pressing are more focused on distribution and positioning of a keeper rather than their ability to shot stop.

Tend to agree with this, Butland has promise but still a bit behind Hart. in saying that Hart's form really did fall off a cliff especially for England.

Onceinawhile
26-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Fraser forster is currently better than butland and hart

Dashing Bob S
26-08-2016, 09:44 AM
Hart was once a really elite goalkeeper. But he hasn't been that class for at least four years and Guardiola was right to replace him with somebody miles better.

Lago
26-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Always rated him & still do.