PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle Youngster

Hibeewilly
24-08-2016, 06:50 PM
We have approached Newcastle for a loan deal on Matty Longstaff. Sitting with a Toon diehard - 16 but class apparently. Could be 20's. Don't shoot the messenger!!

sleeping giant
24-08-2016, 06:54 PM
Highly rated seemingly but I don't see the point in bringing a loanee in to play in U20's.

reidy
24-08-2016, 07:01 PM
As long as he is better than our last loan player from Newcastle Phil Airey

Theinsider
24-08-2016, 07:23 PM
Highly rated seemingly but I don't see the point in bringing a loanee in to play in U20's.
Totally agree. No benefit for us at all.

Hibeewilly
24-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Toon Army says Google you tube!

Hibeewilly
24-08-2016, 07:33 PM
He says better than what we have just now and will score goals. He knows Ivan personally and is as fast as him. GGTTH

pacoluna
24-08-2016, 07:37 PM
He says better than what we have just now and will score goals. He knows Ivan personally and is as fast as him. GGTTH

You sure it isn't his big brother Sean longstaff? Sean is under21s Matty is under 16s

Hibeewilly
24-08-2016, 07:39 PM
If I was a hibs fan I would want this kid in my first team he has pace and can beat his man and he can cross a ball or cut insude and shoot and he scores goals do not worry about his age he is one for the future give him a chance he will not lwt you down frpm a season ticket holder for 31 at the toon

bingo70
24-08-2016, 07:43 PM
You sure it isn't his big brother Sean longstaff? Sean is under21s Matty is under 16s

That would appear to make more sense

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/dundee-united-see-bid-promising-11492911

GreenNWhiteArmy
24-08-2016, 07:44 PM
If I was a hibs fan I would want this kid in my first team he has pace and can beat his man and he can cross a ball or cut insude and shoot and he scores goals do not worry about his age he is one for the future give him a chance he will not lwt you down frpm a season ticket holder for 31 at the toon

Future Ballon D'or winner by the sounds of it

BullsCloseHibs
24-08-2016, 07:44 PM

That's an easy thing to say. How many English youngsters have we seen, full of promise, but, sadly failed to deliver up here?

pacoluna
24-08-2016, 07:52 PM

Is that you Matty?

Ronniekirk
24-08-2016, 07:55 PM
But your not a hibs fan and while ypu are doing ypur best to talk the player up its a big ask for a 16 year old to be teady to play in the Championship week in week out
Cant see This being a starter The guy who came highly rated a few years ago fron Sunderland wasnt ready forget the name

Jonnyboy
24-08-2016, 07:59 PM
But your not a hibs fan and while ypu are doing ypur best to talk the player up its a big ask for a 16 year old to be teady to play in the Championship week in week out
Cant see This being a starter The guy who came highly rated a few years ago fron Sunderland wasnt ready forget the name

Ronnie, he is a Hibs fan. The first part of his post is repeating what his Toon pal said

pacoluna
24-08-2016, 08:00 PM
Watmore? I thought he looked good at Hibs. Regular first team.player now for Sunderland, started on Sunday.

Ronniekirk
24-08-2016, 08:03 PM
Ronnie, he is a Hibs fan. The first part of his post is repeating what his Toon pal said

I stand corrected johnnyboy 😡

Ronniekirk
24-08-2016, 08:06 PM
Watmore? I thought he looked good at Hibs. Regular first team.player now for Sunderland, started on Sunday.

Yep that was him Duncan i think was first name Agree you could see theye was a player there but we only saw that briefly given his age
Dontbthink thats what we need just now when pushing for promotion

Hibeewilly
24-08-2016, 08:10 PM
Let me tell ypu one if he plays for the first team he will not let you down and Dundee United are after buying him I would lile you to sign him on loan and age is just a number and if ylu get him on loan he will get ypu up from the geordie fan home and away and abrod if we get there and if he is ***** I will buy all member a pint and you will meet me as I live in Edinburgh

jeffers
24-08-2016, 08:10 PM
Yep that was him Duncan i think was first name Agree you could see theye was a player there but we only saw that briefly given his age

I thought he looked a great player, fast, tricky & direct. He got kicked off the park in his first game however and never quite recovered.

Hibeewilly
24-08-2016, 08:14 PM
My "Toon Army" mate posted that not me but it's sensible. GGTTH

Edinburgh Green
24-08-2016, 09:02 PM

Sensible? Seems like gibberish!

Lago
24-08-2016, 09:05 PM
He was subjected to brutal treatment which effectively finished him at ER

Ronniekirk
24-08-2016, 09:10 PM
He was subjected to brutal treatment which effectively finished him at ER

Which is why i dont think a 16 year old would cut it just now in the Championship Dylan has skill and can go by players and lookat treatment he is subject to in some games

scoopyboy
24-08-2016, 09:15 PM
Don't know if it's the same guy.

Hibs had a young Geordie on trial (with the first team) at East Mains last week and the players thought he was brilliant.

Just sayin like.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2016, 10:11 PM

Not as fast as Ivan on a motorbike tho

Northernhibee
24-08-2016, 10:14 PM
The old adage of if he's good enough he's old enough is true. Would find that potentially quite exciting as a loan signing.

Speedy
25-08-2016, 04:55 AM

With those attributes did he say why he doesnt want him at Newcastle?

LancsHibs
25-08-2016, 05:45 AM
If this lad is soooo good why would Newcastle want to loan him out and not play him themselves? They are in need of good young players.
BTW Duncan Watmore was a class player, you could see it when he played for us, he was just playing in a terrible team and there was nobody to bring him on. Knew he would be a premier league player for Sunderland when he went back.

Marco G
25-08-2016, 07:20 AM
If this lad is soooo good why would Newcastle want to loan him out and not play him themselves? They are in need of good young players.
BTW Duncan Watmore was a class player, you could see it when he played for us, he was just playing in a terrible team and there was nobody to bring him on. Knew he would be a premier league player for Sunderland when he went back.
Maybe feel not quite ready for championship and needs experience of what it is all about?

Watmore got brutally hacked against Raith in the cup iirc, no protection at all, while running past defenders like a knife through butter. He never physically recovered that season and we saw little of his obvious potential.

So if there is a chance to take a punt on a potential match winning although raw talent I am all for it!

calumhibee1
25-08-2016, 07:24 AM
English football fans that have no interest in the game up here automatically think that our football is brutal. We're not a million miles behind some of the teams in Newcastles league, as shown by us beating a nearly full strength Birmingham with half a team out during pre-season. This guy will never in a million years be any use to us at 16.

ian cruise
25-08-2016, 07:33 AM
I've no idea of this youngster would be good enough for us but given the fact few, if any,on here has seen him play I'd guess I'm not alone. Neil and his coaches will make a decision based on seeing him and if he's good enough bring him in, if he's good enough in training he'll play. No problem with that at all. We've 4 very good forwards in our squad, a wee wildcard from down south who could potentially run rings round tired defender in the last third of 90 minutes could be a lot of fun.

greenteam
28-08-2016, 08:53 AM
English football fans that have no interest in the game up here automatically think that our football is brutal. We're not a million miles behind some of the teams in Newcastles league, as shown by us beating a nearly full strength Birmingham with half a team out during pre-season. This guy will never in a million years be any use to us at 16.
Everton fans said that about W ROONEY.
Maybe its worth a shot..why not?