PDA

View Full Version : Minutes Applause.

Thecat23
24-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Guys I know recently there has been a minutes applause for a few Hibs fans who have sadly passed away.

Well it's with great sadness that a fellow season ticket holder who I sit with has passed away as well. Lesley Ann was only 47 when she died suddenly last week. She attended the Hibs games with her father and brother who are also season ticket holders. We all sit together right behind the home dugout and have done for some time now.

I'd love it if we could have a minutes applause for her on the 47th min during Saturday's game against Morton. I fully understand it's not everyone's cup of tea but Lesley Ann was a lovely woman with such a wonderful smile that was very infectious! She deserves one imo.

R.I.P Lesley Ann you will be sorely missed. X

cammy1969
24-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Sad news R.I.P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oscar T Grouch
24-08-2016, 11:12 AM
Sad news. I will of course applaud on the 47th minute on Saturday.

scoopyboy
24-08-2016, 11:19 AM
I too will applaud.

Not much of an inconvenience to anybody IMO.

Andy74
24-08-2016, 11:57 AM
I too will applaud.

Not much of an inconvenience to anybody IMO.

I don't think convenience or otherwise has been an issue for anyone who had discussed these recently, however, the individual threads for people are not really the place to have the debate.

Sad news for you and your group Cat.

BSEJVT
24-08-2016, 12:06 PM
I will be proud to join in with this and any other minutes applause for any other Hibs supporters in future.

Its not much to do for one of our own and if it gives family and friends some comfort, it is IMHO the least we should be doing.

Fully appreciate though that others may feel differently.

Condolences to family and friends.

JDHibs
24-08-2016, 12:09 PM
Sorry for your loss. So sad to hear!

Get this shared around the facebook pages and get this done. We will all be happy to join in.

matty_f
24-08-2016, 12:10 PM
I don't think convenience or otherwise has been an issue for anyone who had discussed these recently, however, the individual threads for people are not really the place to have the debate.

Sad news for you and your group Cat.

:agree:

Sorry to hear of your loss, TC.

talcy
24-08-2016, 12:13 PM
Guys I know recently there has been a minutes applause for a few Hibs fans who have sadly passed away.

Well it's with great sadness that a fellow season ticket holder who I sit with has passed away as well. Lesley Ann was only 47 when she died suddenly last week. She attended the Hibs games with her father and brother who are also season ticket holders. We all sit together right behind the home dugout and have done for some time now.

I'd love it if we could have a minutes applause for her on the 47th min during Saturday's game against Morton. I fully understand it's not everyone's cup of tea but Lesley Ann was a lovely woman with such a wonderful smile that was very infectious! She deserves one imo.

We sit with Lesley Ann's family in Behind The Goals at every home match to talk about Hibs, Hibs and Hibs - she was utterly devoted to following her club and a gem of a person. We were all devastated to hear she'd passed away so suddenly and so young - our thoughts and prayers are with her loved ones. We'll definitely be joining you cat.

Jim44
24-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Condolences to all concerned.

On a wee aside I've often asked myself what the reaction would be if the minute's applause coincided with our opponents scoring a goal

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Terrible to hear, RIP Lesley Ann and please wish her friends and family the best.

I'll be joining in and it would be nice if those who choose not to just don't, without telling us why, especially on this thread.

flash
24-08-2016, 12:34 PM
Will gladly take a minute to applaud if it brings comfort to those left behind.
My dad passed away three weeks ago and I will dedicate it to him even though he was a Jambo.

Thecat23
24-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Will gladly take a minute to applaud if it brings comfort to those left behind.
My dad passed away three weeks ago and I will dedicate it to him even though he was a Jambo.

Sorry to hear that flash.

The Harp
24-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Always sad to hear of the passing of a good Hibee, especially at such a young age. I will most certainly join in on the 47th minute on Saturday.
Condolences to Lesley Ann's family and friends.
RIP

ACLeith
24-08-2016, 12:58 PM
Sometimes it has been mentioned over the PA but the most recent one wasn't and it was noticeable that many were puzzled what was happening. So can this be passed on to the club so that the response from us can be appropriate?

Thecat23
24-08-2016, 12:59 PM
Sometimes it has been mentioned over the PA but the most recent one wasn't and it was noticeable that many were puzzled what was happening. So can this be passed on to the club so that the response from us can be appropriate?

Barrie has been informed about it. So hopefully can mention something at HT.

flash
24-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Sorry to hear that flash.

Thanks mate. I like the thought of 14000 hibbies applauding the old bugger as he would hate that:)

J-C
24-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Just seen your post on FB Freddie and I do recognise her, I'm happy to join in on saturday mate, condolences to her family, such a young age to pass away.

Thecat23
24-08-2016, 01:14 PM
Just seen your post on FB Freddie and I do recognise her, I'm happy to join in on saturday mate, condolences to her family, such a young age to pass away.

Cheers mate appreciate it.

Thecat23
24-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Thanks mate. I like the thought of 14000 hibbies applauding the old bugger as he would hate that:)

I'm sure he'd have a smile on his face though 😊👍🏼

Twiglet
24-08-2016, 01:24 PM

I am so sorry to hear this Cat. I just saw Lesleys picture on Facebook and I an in total shock. I can't believe it. Condolences to her friends and family. Will definitely be joining in this applause and will let those around me know in advance too.

Green Fish
24-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Such sad news, our thoughts are with friends and family.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Edson Arantes
24-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Only 47?

That's just horrible.

RIP.

Edson Arantes
24-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Terrible to hear, RIP Lesley Ann and please wish her friends and family the best.

I'll be joining in and it would be nice if those who choose not to just don't, without telling us why, especially on this thread.

Exactly Bob :thumbsup:

Well said.

.Louise.
24-08-2016, 02:53 PM

Just seen the post on the Hibs retro Facebook page. I must sit near you. Unfortunately I won't be there on Saturday but I'll let my family know about the minutes applause.

RIP

Thecat23
24-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Just seen the post on the Hibs retro Facebook page. I must sit near you. Unfortunately I won't be there on Saturday but I'll let my family know about the minutes applause.

RIP

Thanks Louise.

Thecat23
24-08-2016, 02:56 PM
I am so sorry to hear this Cat. I just saw Lesleys picture on Facebook and I an in total shock. I can't believe it. Condolences to her friends and family. Will definitely be joining in this applause and will let those around me know in advance too.

Was a real shock when her father called to let me know. I honestly still can't get my head round it. But going by the comments on here and FB ones seems she may well indeed get a lovely send off on sat.

Flanny boy
24-08-2016, 02:59 PM
R.I.p fellow hibee.I will gladly applaud, as always. GGTTH

Hibernia&Alba
24-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Very sad indeed; so young. The applause will be a nice wee tribute.

NAE NOOKIE
24-08-2016, 03:47 PM
RIP to a fellow Hibby .... no probs with a minutes applause, condolences to her family and friends.

Scouse Hibee
24-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Just read the post on facebook with the picture,terrible news. Accompanying others in applause goes without saying.

Weststandwanab
24-08-2016, 05:25 PM
So sorry to read that.

R.I.p.

We sit in lower west and will certainly applaud.

Finn2015
24-08-2016, 05:37 PM
My sincere condolences to her family and friends. May she RIP

sleeping giant
24-08-2016, 07:13 PM
Sad news indeed.
R.I.P

Ellis
24-08-2016, 07:56 PM
It is such a strange feeling reading a thread that relates to your daughter, especially in these circumstances! I am very grateful to The Cat23 for starting it.

Along with my son the 3 of us have been season ticket holders since the early 90s, although I have been a supporter since the 1950s.

Over the years that we have held season tickets it has been a bit of a roller coaster ride. Travelling through to Easter Road during the good runs is a pleasure and the 190 mile round trip is easy. However when the team is going through hard times on the pitch it can adversely affect your enthusiasm. However Lesley-Ann was no quitter and was the driving force that "encouraged" her brother and myself to get the car out and head for Easter Road. Her enthusiasm for life, "in general", was very good but as regards Hibs she knew no bounds.

At her funeral today there was a very large turnout with standing room only in the crematorium and the overflow had to stand outside.

As everyone was entering the crematorium to the sound of "Sunshine on Leith" her brother and I had great difficulty holding things together.

We will both be there on Saturday to join everyone in the 1 minute's applause. I am also sure Lesley-Ann will also be there and appreciating the tribute.

Thecat23
24-08-2016, 08:07 PM
It is such a strange feeling reading a thread that relates to your daughter, especially in these circumstances! I am very grateful to The Cat23 for starting it.

Along with my son the 3 of us have been season ticket holders since the early 90s, although I have been a supporter since the 1950s.

Over the years that we have held season tickets it has been a bit of a roller coaster ride. Travelling through to Easter Road during the good runs is a pleasure and the 190 mile round trip is easy. However when the team is going through hard times on the pitch it can adversely affect your enthusiasm. However Lesley-Ann was no quitter and was the driving force that "encouraged" her brother and myself to get the car out and head for Easter Road. Her enthusiasm for life, "in general", was very good but as regards Hibs she knew no bounds.

At her funeral today there was a very large turnout with standing room only in the crematorium and the overflow had to stand outside.

As everyone was entering the crematorium to the sound of "Sunshine on Leith" her brother and I had great difficulty holding things together.

We will both be there on Saturday to join everyone in the 1 minute's applause. I am also sure Lesley-Ann will also be there and appreciating the tribute.

Was an absolute pleasure to have known Lesley-Ann and spend each home game in the company of all of you.

As you have said, she will be there on sat Ellis no doubt about it.

Nakedmanoncrack
24-08-2016, 08:08 PM

Lovely words, very sad for your loss.

Twiglet
24-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Was a real shock when her father called to let me know. I honestly still can't get my head round it. But going by the comments on here and FB ones seems she may well indeed get a lovely send off on sat.

I just can't believe it. I didn't know her name until today, I sit behind yous over the tunnel so know her by sight. Everyone around that area have been there for years

I remember after a poor mid-week game a a couple of year ago in early winter, it had started to snow and everyone was grumbling about being out on a cold, wintery night and she made a comment about having to travel home. I asked her where she stayed and was surprised that she'd come all that way on a night like that, she had some commitment to Hibs. Clearly loved our club.

Another thing that I will always remember about her is her pink coat that she would wear in winter. I always thought it was lovely, and the colour really suited her. A bit random, but it always sticks in my mind.