PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: FYVIE ON RETURN TO ACTION

RSS Bot
24-08-2016, 09:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6742)

GreenCastle
24-08-2016, 09:12 AM
He did well in game and great to have him back playing. Key player for us..but surprised they played him on 3G surface - surely not good for his injury ?

Ozyhibby
24-08-2016, 09:17 AM
He did well in game and great to have him back playing. Key player for us..but surprised they played him on 3G surface - surely not good for his injury ?

Its a a great surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
24-08-2016, 09:28 AM
Its a a great surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not grass though (yes I know some grass is better than others) but if you ask most players they will tell you hips and joints are sore after playing on 3G.

Plus with numerous players slipping yesterday I'm just glad he got through it without any damage. We didn't have much option to give him game time before Saturday (I would still keep him on bench - long season so will need him for as much as possible..just like Dylan - both key players for us).

ACLeith
24-08-2016, 10:50 AM
He gets stick from some fans because of misplaced passes but that's because he is on the ball and making them so much. His positional sense is outstanding. I think his success rate with passing on 21/5 was 100% which is Xavi/Iniesta standard. Though I might be wrong because I've not watched the whole game through for at least 3 weeks now!

A really important player for us.

Hi Heid Yin
24-08-2016, 11:42 AM
It will be great to have Fyvie back. His importance to our team can't be underestimated.
We suffered badly last season when he and McGeouch were missing.

tamig
24-08-2016, 11:44 AM
He gets stick from some fans because of misplaced passes but that's because he is on the ball and making them so much. His positional sense is outstanding. I think his success rate with passing on 21/5 was 100% which is Xavi/Iniesta standard. Though I might be wrong because I've not watched the whole game through for at least 3 weeks now!

A really important player for us.

Agreed. A hugely important player for us with a lot of talent and a fantastic attitude. Will be great to have him back and hopefully him and Dylan can avoid any major injuries this season.

JDHibs
24-08-2016, 12:17 PM
The lad has it all. Passing, Tackling, Aggression and Energy. Perfect centre mid, if only he could find the net more.

Very important player for us and helps us tick! Our tempo dives whenever he isnt playing.

Him, McGeough and McGinn are all first name on the team sheet for me!

Craig_in_Prague
24-08-2016, 02:23 PM
Welcome back the ginger ninja.

We are a better side with him than without.

With him back in the fold, Shinnie and Graham, the team is looking really strong with 3-4 quality subs each week.

brog
24-08-2016, 02:24 PM
The lad has it all. Passing, Tackling, Aggression and Energy. Perfect centre mid, if only he could find the net more.

Very important player for us and helps us tick! Our tempo dives whenever he isnt playing.

Him, McGeough and McGinn are all first name on the team sheet for me!

Spot on, his contribution to our last 2 goals, especially the winner, in a recent cup game :wink: cannot be overestimated. His attitude is exemplary & to me the way he ran for the ball from the throw in, took it across the park & passed to Stokesys on fire, just said, We're going to win this cup!!

SunshineOnLeith
25-08-2016, 08:48 PM
Spot on, his contribution to our last 2 goals, especially the winner, in a recent cup game :wink: cannot be overestimated. His attitude is exemplary & to me the way he ran for the ball from the throw in, took it across the park & passed to Stokesys on fire, just said, We're going to win this cup!!

Stokes apart, Fyvie was the best player on the pitch in the final.

How many players have won the FA Cup and the Scottish Cup?

green day
26-08-2016, 05:54 AM

The fact he delayed the pass ever so slightly allowed us to win that historic corner. If he had played it immediately, Stokes had to run to get the ball, might have taken a shot etc.

Every time I watch it, that pass gets better!!

Craig_in_Prague
26-08-2016, 07:06 AM
The fact he delayed the pass ever so slightly allowed us to win that historic corner. If he had played it immediately, Stokes had to run to get the ball, might have taken a shot etc.

Every time I watch it, that pass gets better!!

He also earned us the corner for the equalizer.