hibs0666
23-08-2016, 11:37 PM
Just watched it again. Magical still. 😂

GreenNWhiteArmy
24-08-2016, 12:16 AM
What kept you Hibs

monktonharp
24-08-2016, 12:28 AM
"And Hibs are on the brink of .....a bit like me, took my bro in law to St Johns hospital tonight and was desperate for the bogs.was on the brink of pishin' masel. 3 toilets locked! ended up in a clump o' bushes just outside the main entrance!!! but, Hibs were on the brink, survived and all lived happily ever after, despite a fat guy frae Glesga trying to put a spoke in the wheel.

ekhibee
24-08-2016, 12:30 AM
"And Hibs are on the brink of .....
I'm sure James Collins felt the same way at Cheltenham races recently.

jax67
24-08-2016, 06:05 AM
I've watched it every Saturday morning since.
My dad was a life long Hibby who passed away just a few days after seeing us lift the cup. The look on his face after the final whistle is etched in my memory. Think I'll watch it every Saturday morning, until the next one!🙏🏻

Alex Trager
24-08-2016, 06:15 AM
Ladies and gentleman. You are witness to a moment of Scottish sporting history

sleeping giant
24-08-2016, 08:10 AM
One stretch of the neck muscles

FranckSuzy
24-08-2016, 09:59 AM
A moment in time..A moment in history .. AT LAST AT LAST AT LAST 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Having watched [probably] all of the clips, I've eventually worked out that Ian Crocker actually says, "a moment in life" first then "a moment in time, a moment in history" but it's hardly ever broadcast :nerd::tee hee: :thumbsup:

BullsCloseHibs
24-08-2016, 10:02 AM
My dad was a life long Hibby who passed away just a few days after seeing us lift the cup. The look on his face after the final whistle is etched in my memory. Think I'll watch it every Saturday morning, until the next one!🙏🏻

Love this.

FranckSuzy
24-08-2016, 10:04 AM
My dad was a life long Hibby who passed away just a few days after seeing us lift the cup. The look on his face after the final whistle is etched in my memory. Think I'll watch it every Saturday morning, until the next one!����

Wonderful. RIP.

Northernhibee
24-08-2016, 09:58 PM
Still can't help watching that moment when the third goes in. I'd love to relive the last ten minutes of that game again, not knowing what's going to happen. Nothing in terms of Hibs will top that. One of the best moments in my life full stop.

jax67
25-08-2016, 05:57 AM
Still can't help watching that moment when the third goes in. I'd love to relive the last ten minutes of that game again, not knowing what's going to happen. Nothing in terms of Hibs will top that. One of the best moments in my life full stop.

Yep.👌

Pete
25-08-2016, 06:02 AM
When it's 2-2 and Stokes gets the ball on the left wing. He cuts inside and... "STOKES!!"

Ooh, it's a corner! :-)

oneone73
25-08-2016, 08:10 AM
Watched the game again last night, in honour of Sam.
The memory marches on.

Dunedin Hibs
25-08-2016, 08:16 AM
Wonderful. RIP.

Indeed. Very sorry to hear of your loss. But being with family that day was priceless. I was with my dad, having travelled back from New Zealand for the game.

Wrote a song about it and did video. Posted previously on this forum, but good to get it out there. All free download. Celebrating that day and our wonderful captain:

https://dunedinhibs.bandcamp.com/releases

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWJbfjJuIuI

Enjoy, celebrate, remember and be proud of our great Club.

mutley
25-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Having watched this many many times, when the commentator goes "stokes on a hat trick" and it is saved, keatings almost got a toe on it. Can you imagine if he did and it went out for a goal kick!!! Thank f@&£ he missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernian Verse
25-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Absolutely superb commentary. Ian Crocker should get in the hall of fame for that and his 6-2 commentary.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

cleanyman
25-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Ian Crocker is a great commentator.

How bad is Liam McLeod.

Bring back Paul Mitchell

CapitalGreen
25-08-2016, 10:31 AM

How bad is Liam McLeod.

Bring back Paul Mitchell

Liam McLeod commentates as if he wants every phrase to be used as a soundbite in the future.

Alex Trager
25-08-2016, 10:37 AM

The whole weekend mate. How much would you pay? From the minute you finished work til the moment you returned to work.

Alex Trager
25-08-2016, 10:40 AM

How bad is Liam McLeod.

Bring back Paul Mitchell

I really like LM.

I used really like IC until I heard him saying are Hibs going to Hibs it, minutes before we won the cup.

I know I am in the minority but I prefer the bbc commentary

we are hibs
25-08-2016, 10:42 AM
Is it on.... IS IT ON

Hibernian Verse
25-08-2016, 10:50 AM
I really like LM.

I used really like IC until I heard him saying are Hibs going to Hibs it, minutes before we won the cup.

I know I am in the minority but I prefer the bbc commentary
I think we can forgive him that, he was doing neutral commentary for hundreds of thousands of people - no problem with a bit of humour.

JDHibs
25-08-2016, 10:54 AM
Those 10 minutes will NEVER be forgotten. Emotional roller coaster, i cried a little at the equaliser, tears were streaming when the 3rd went in.

I had no idea who scored, no idea what had happened, i seen that net wobble at that was it. Pandamonium. I well up everytime i think about it or watch it back.

Put alot of demons to bed for alot of people!

matty_f
25-08-2016, 11:07 AM
I think we can forgive him that, he was doing neutral commentary for hundreds of thousands of people - no problem with a bit of humour.

The bit that annoyed me about him saying it, ironically, is that he says "Not even they could do that"... well, technically if you take the meaning and the intention of the 'Hibsed it' phrase, we are the team that absolutely WOULD do it.

Fortunately the team changed the meaning of 'Hibsed' in the next few moments and the rest is history, while The Rangers and the Yams come to terms with having both 'Sevcoed it' and 'Heartsed it' respectively in their attempts to stop us winning the Cup.

matty_f
25-08-2016, 11:14 AM
The whole weekend mate. How much would you pay? From the minute you finished work til the moment you returned to work.

It would be incredible to do it again. Will go down as one of the defining moments in my life. It's so easy to take myself back there, as soon as I think about it I think of the bedlam after the winner went in, looking around at loved ones with me, seeing my son crying with happiness (in stark contrast to the last time he cried at Hampden), my Dad and Uncle both retired and having to wait their whole lives to see that moment. My Dad always maintained we'd do it one day!

Over the years (many moons ago) I've tried many different substances and nothing has come anywhere near the euphoric feeling that I had right at that moment in time.

I love watching the game again, especially the last few moments. One of my favourite bits is just on full time, the camera cuts to Stubbs celebrating and there's just a blur behind him as John Doolan (I think) charges past up the touchline. :greengrin

Northernhibee
25-08-2016, 07:49 PM
It would be incredible to do it again. Will go down as one of the defining moments in my life. It's so easy to take myself back there, as soon as I think about it I think of the bedlam after the winner went in, looking around at loved ones with me, seeing my son crying with happiness (in stark contrast to the last time he cried at Hampden), my Dad and Uncle both retired and having to wait their whole lives to see that moment. My Dad always maintained we'd do it one day!

Over the years (many moons ago) I've tried many different substances and nothing has come anywhere near the euphoric feeling that I had right at that moment in time.

I love watching the game again, especially the last few moments. One of my favourite bits is just on full time, the camera cuts to Stubbs celebrating and there's just a blur behind him as John Doolan (I think) charges past up the touchline. :greengrin

You can see Doolan going radge here: https://twitter.com/craigfowler86/status/734699542977863680

hibeejeebies
25-08-2016, 08:06 PM
When it's 2-2 and Stokes gets the ball on the left wing. He cuts inside and... "STOKES!!"

Ooh, it's a corner! :-)

😂😂 everytime I see it I still believe he's going to score.

hibby6270
25-08-2016, 08:08 PM
One bit of kudos to Liam McLeod at end of game.
I never knew the vacuum cleaner was invented in 1902.:greengrin

PatHead
25-08-2016, 10:27 PM
Just about to watch the highlights again. Hairs standing on my neck already.

Onceinawhile
25-08-2016, 10:28 PM
Im not saying i just watched it again. But two things.

1) why doesn't fyvie put stokes clean through earlier??

2) why doesn't keatings finish the rebound???

Onceinawhile
25-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Also, i wish there had been a camera on sparky when the third went in.

Northernhibee
25-08-2016, 10:33 PM

1 - Look at the gap that the through ball would have to be threaded through - it was closing all the time. Clever play by Fyvie. Have to admit I thought it was an odd ball before watching the highlights.

2 - It's too far away from him and it was at a split second

3 - Who really cares? :flag::gwa:

Onceinawhile
25-08-2016, 10:35 PM
Slow forward, slow forward.

Any chance we can keep this as a thread for people watching the final at random times (usually drunk)

Northernhibee
25-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Slow forward, slow forward.

Any chance we can keep this as a thread for people watching the final at random times (usually drunk)

My day off is tomorrow and I know that I'm watching the highlights again just now and I know I'm drunk :greengrin

Onceinawhile
25-08-2016, 10:37 PM
My day off is tomorrow and I know that I'm watching the highlights again just now and I know I'm drunk :greengrin

Ditto 👍👍👍

But he should still make that pass earlier!!!

PatHead
25-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Aw naw the new club are 2 1 up. Sickening.

They look so confident too

Northernhibee
25-08-2016, 10:40 PM
Ditto 👍👍👍

Nah, that gap was closing. Could honestly be a different story if he'd tried it. Was a safety first kind of pass but glad he made it.

PatHead
25-08-2016, 10:40 PM
Corner Hibs

Northernhibee
25-08-2016, 10:41 PM
Aw naw the new club are 2 1 up. Sickening.

They look so confident too

Halliday's giving the calm down signal. 115 years beckoning :rolleyes:

Onceinawhile
Corner Hibs

Ffs. Henderson will waste it as usual.

PatHead
Antony Stokes rescues Hibs.

Onceinawhile
25-08-2016, 10:42 PM
Antony Stokes rescues Hibs.

2-2???

Hope we hang on for extra time.

Northernhibee
25-08-2016, 10:42 PM
STOKESY :flag:

PatHead
25-08-2016, 10:43 PM
C'mon Hibs. another corner.

In comes the corner, in comes the goal from DAVID GRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Northernhibee
Could watch this final corner but **** it, a pie sounds nice right about now

Onceinawhile
C'mon Hibs. another corner.

In comes the corner, in comes the goal from DAVID GRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3-2??? C'mon to f*** Hibs hold on.

PatHead
25-08-2016, 10:47 PM

"generation after generation has suffered" he typed through welled up eyes .

Still find it brilliant.

PatHead
25-08-2016, 10:48 PM

We won. it is not a dream it is reality

California-Hibs
25-08-2016, 10:48 PM
Has anyone thought what might have been if it had finished 2-2 and went to extra time? We winning it in extra time, losing? Winning on penalties? All ifs and buts, just an interesting thought. I think the way the game was going all the momentum was with us and still would of been in extra time. We'd still have got the job done!

Northernhibee
25-08-2016, 10:49 PM
Think of the hundreds of thousands of different people - perhaps over a million, in fact quite probably - who have walked through the turnstiles in the last 114 years. We were the lucky 21,000 or so who actually got to see it, hear it and feel it.

This is probably the wine talking but **** me, the 21st of May was the best day of my life and it was a ****ing honour to experience it with you all :flag::flag::flag:

Onceinawhile
25-08-2016, 10:54 PM
Think of the hundreds of thousands of different people - perhaps over a million, in fact quite probably - who have walked through the turnstiles in the last 114 years. We were the lucky 21,000 or so who actually got to see it, hear it and feel it.

This is probably the wine talking but **** me, the 21st of May was the best day of my life and it was a ****ing honour to experience it with you all :flag::flag::flag:

Absolutely agree. My wife even said the same (we have three kids)

She said on facebook - best day of my life (therefore allowing me to also do so) and her friends went mental!!! You can't say that, what about your kids!??

Nope 21/05/16

What about your wedding day?

Nope 21/05/16

Un ******g believable - she even text Hayley at 4:50 just to say "i love your fiancee"

Edit:
Didn't adress the point. Yes it was the greatest day ever and that isn't just the beer speaking. I have never, ever, felt a rush like the moment i realised we had won it.

I've never shed tears like that ever, despite the deaths of numerous people close to me.

Just un be leive avle.

Northernhibee
25-08-2016, 11:05 PM
Absolutely agree. My wife even said the same (we have three kids)

She said on facebook - best day of my life (therefore allowing me to also do so) and her friends went mental!!! You can't say that, what about your kids!??

Nope 21/05/16

What about your wedding day?

Nope 21/05/16

Un ******g believable - she even text Hayley at 4:50 just to say "i love your fiancee"

Edit:
Didn't adress the point. Yes it was the greatest day ever and that isn't just the beer speaking. I have never, ever, felt a rush like the moment i realised we had won it.

I've never shed tears like that ever, despite the deaths of numerous people close to me.

Just un be leive avle.

If you take the green tinted glasses off you'd still call that the greatest Scottish cup final of all time - an early goal, an equalizer, both teams hitting the post, one team looking as if they'd won it and the other team turning a goal deficit to a victory in injury time.

But we were in it, and we won it. After putting the reigning holders out after a replay, and putting our biggest rivals out after being two down with ten minutes to go at their club.

It's undeniable. We saw the greatest ever run to the Scottish Cup. And it was us who did it :flag:

When I'm grey and old I'll still be talking about the 21st of May to anyone who'll listen. Maybe they'll have invented something by then that'll let us relive it. I can only hope so as in terms of supporting Hibs I fear we've peaked :flag:

Onceinawhile
25-08-2016, 11:12 PM
It's not like we beat a team who gave us constant abuse after being 2-0 down with 10 to go, then beat the cup holders, then beat a team from the league above us. Then and only then did we play the famous Glasgow rangers.

But the boys in blue got (insert rude word) 3-2 by the famous Edinburgh hibees....

Onceinawhile
25-08-2016, 11:14 PM
41,665 days ffs...

Bay Area Hibees
25-08-2016, 11:21 PM
Came back from USA for the game. Both finals actually.

So happy I did.

Still can't believe we won it. Vs them. Like that.

Magic!!!!

Cardinal G
26-08-2016, 12:21 AM

Same here, greatest time ever, nothing will ever match that

Broken Gnome
26-08-2016, 07:50 AM
Ditto 👍👍👍

Likely knew that Stokes had ripped Tavernier a new one the whole game. Getting him one on one was pretty much being clean through anyway.

A winner by a Hibs captain tops a winner by a loan player anyway. All's well that ends well.

Johnforr
26-08-2016, 12:28 PM
History has been re-written at hampden park ....... And it's been re-written in big green pen !! GOLTV commentary is cracking ... And on you Tube ... GGTTH

JeMeSouviens
26-08-2016, 12:41 PM

Just using up an extra 30 seconds. :wink:

JeMeSouviens
26-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Just between "It's Liam Henderson to deliver ..." and "... and David Gray has scored", how good is the noise of the ball hitting the net? Effects mics are great. :agree:

GreenLake
26-08-2016, 01:12 PM
History has been re-written at hampden park ....... And it's been re-written in big green pen !! GOLTV commentary is cracking ... And on you Tube ... GGTTH

I love the sequence of commentary leading up to what you quoted and the guy delivers it in a Yorkshire accent (I think) with a fair bit of genuine enthusiasm. He was also amazingly not biased against Hibs.

"Again he's got Tavernier on toast here - and it could very well have been stuck in by Keatings had Fotheringham not got the fist to the ball. Henderson's delivered - it's a header and it's in - and wouldn't you know it - it's the captain David Gray that re-writes history for Hibernian football club! 114 agonizing years brought to an end by a bullet header by David Gray of Hibernian! The scenes on the terraces are incredible! History re-written at Hampden Park - and it's re-written in big green pen!"

hibs0666
26-08-2016, 02:15 PM

Have you got the link?

JeMeSouviens
26-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Have you got the link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb2Ee19mR_k

hibs0666
26-08-2016, 02:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb2Ee19mR_k

Cheers B :thumbsup:

JeMeSouviens
26-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Cheers B :thumbsup:

You're welcome. Everyone should have it in their favourites. :wink:

Onceinawhile
26-08-2016, 10:50 PM
Can we keep this as the people watching the cup final again thread?

I'm not saying I'm watching it again, but I'm fed up of these bottling pricks, 2-1 down to rangers ffs.

Still at least we've got 11 minutes to get back into it and a corner.

Shame that henderson is on them. His corners are terrible.

Onceinawhile
26-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Can we keep this as the people watching the cup final again thread?

I'm not saying I'm watching it again, but I'm fed up of these bottling pricks, 2-1 down to rangers ffs.

Still at least we've got 11 minutes to get back into it and a corner.

Shame that henderson is on them. His corners are terrible.

Well don't I feel daft. 2-2 stokes header. Hope we hold on for extra time.

Onceinawhile
26-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Ffs. Fyvie had a great chance to put stokes clean through. Left it too long and pushed him wide. Keeper makes the save and keatings can't be bothered to tap in the reboind.

Corner hibs.

Given we've already scored from one...

Kato
26-08-2016, 11:11 PM
If you take the green tinted glasses off you'd still call that the greatest Scottish cup final of all time - an early goal, an equalizer, both teams hitting the post, one team looking as if they'd won it and the other team turning a goal deficit to a victory in injury time.

But we were in it, and we won it. After putting the reigning holders out after a replay, and putting our biggest rivals out after being two down with ten minutes to go at their club.

It's undeniable. We saw the greatest ever run to the Scottish Cup. And it was us who did it :flag:

When I'm grey and old I'll still be talking about the 21st of May to anyone who'll listen. Maybe they'll have invented something by then that'll let us relive it. I can only hope so as in terms of supporting Hibs I fear we've peaked :flag:

Yer darn tootin'. Not many football fans have felt that type of elation. The hoo-doo, the dourness of supporting Hibs post 2007 and the actual way the football match rip-snorted along all combined to provide a very rare high at the final whistle.

Ya beauty!

Onceinawhile
26-08-2016, 11:12 PM
Yaaaaaaaassssss

Onceinawhile
26-08-2016, 11:12 PM
David gray's buried it!!!

Hold on, hold on you beautiful *******s