PDA

View Full Version : Rocky free to play

lyonhibs
23-08-2016, 07:00 AM
Just saw on t'internet that Marciano has ****ing finally been given a work permit, so says his agent.

Do we assume he's straight in against Morton? He's been signed as a number 1 so I think he'll be right in there.

JDHibs
23-08-2016, 07:08 AM
Both keepers have been told their positions.

Laidlaw signed as back up and told he would have to fight for no1. MArciano has been signed as a no1.

Marciano to start against Morton, shame as bar 1 mistake against QoS Laidlaw ha done everything asked of him!

Marco G
23-08-2016, 07:14 AM
Just saw on t'internet that Marciano has ****ing finally been given a work permit, so says his agent.

Do we assume he's straight in against Morton? He's been signed as a number 1 so I think he'll be right in there.
Great. Has been training with the squad so Lennon will know if he is ready to play!

Salt N Sauzee
23-08-2016, 07:20 AM
Why do people call him Rocky?

JDHibs
23-08-2016, 07:24 AM

Rocky Marciano?

American professional boxer who went undefeated his whole career in the 50's/60's.

GloryGlory
23-08-2016, 07:24 AM

After the boxer Rocky Marciano:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Marciano

Salt N Sauzee
23-08-2016, 07:31 AM
Rocky Marciano?

American professional boxer who went undefeated his whole career in the 50's/60's.

After the boxer Rocky Marciano:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Marciano

Cheers.

Ronniekirk
23-08-2016, 07:38 AM
He was signed as our No 1 and by all accounts was showing up well in Training
If Lennon feels he is ready he will be in v Morton have no doubts about that
Harsh on Laidlaw but he has shown he can come in if required and do a job for us

staunchhibby
23-08-2016, 07:59 AM
Yep he has been training with rest of players and getting good reports re his agility

Spike Mandela
23-08-2016, 08:43 AM
Looking forward to seeing Rocky and think he will do great for us but just get the feeling that after the extended wait to see this guy I bet he drops a clanger on Saturday.:greengrin

Ozyhibby
23-08-2016, 09:06 AM
Great. Has been training with the squad so Lennon will know if he is ready to play!

How does that work? Is he allowed to work pending his approval? You would think he would not have been allowed to start work with us at all until it had all been approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
23-08-2016, 09:08 AM
Great news will be good to finally see him on Saturday. Laidlaw has done well and is a good signing imo.

Mikey09
23-08-2016, 09:10 AM
Squad looking stronger and team looking better all the time. 1 or 2 more and we're set me thinks.

JimBHibees
23-08-2016, 09:11 AM
How does that work? Is he allowed to work pending his approval? You would think he would not have been allowed to start work with us at all until it had all been approved.

Probably come to some agreement he can train pending a decision.

Marco G
23-08-2016, 09:49 AM

Suppose it depends what is meant by work. He will not be getting paid and presume we were able to provide training facilities while he waited for the work permit to be granted.

staunchhibby
23-08-2016, 10:19 AM
He was training at east mains

GreenCastle
23-08-2016, 11:02 AM

This is good news - looking forward to seeing him play.

Laidlaw has done well but think our new keeper will just be a little more experienced. Still time for Laidlaw to get some games and be part of the future.

GordonHFC
23-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Apparently named in the development team along with Fyvie against the puddle drinkers this afternoon.

Finn2015
23-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Thank god for that

ALF TUPPER
23-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Did he gift the jambos a goal? Twitteratti suggesting he did.
Good grief ! 😳
1-1 half time

ALF TUPPER
23-08-2016, 02:29 PM
2-1 Hibees 😊🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

Oscar T Grouch
23-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Did he gift the jambos a goal? Twitteratti suggesting he did.
Good grief ! 😳
1-1 half time

Bit of a cock up with a pass back. Still, better to make mistakes in the U20s than in the 1st team!

Andy74
23-08-2016, 03:18 PM
Bit of a cock up with a pass back. Still, better to make mistakes in the U20s than in the 1st team!

Was a shocker but overall looks the part!

heretoday
23-08-2016, 03:39 PM

Because he's rocky on crosses.

Only joking :duck:

Enough said
23-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Both keepers have been told their positions.

Laidlaw signed as back up and told he would have to fight for no1. MArciano has been signed as a no1.

Marciano to start against Morton, shame as bar 1 mistake against QoS Laidlaw ha done everything asked of him! Laidlaw will be starting on Saturday

Pretty Boy
23-08-2016, 04:16 PM
Laidlaw will be starting on Saturday

I'd be happy enough with that.

Laidlaw has impressed me a lot. One daft mistake against QOTS but apart from that he's done very well with minimal fuss. He coped with being thrown in at the deep end in Copenhagen admirably imo.

I'm sure Marciano will eventually take the gloves, although if he doesn't it will be because Laidlaw hasn't give him a chance, but in the medium to long term I think we have got ourselves a good young(ish) goalkeeper.

Steve20
23-08-2016, 04:20 PM
Laidlaw will be starting on Saturday

Wouldn't have thought so. Lennon has already make it clear that Marciano will be first choice when he becomes available.

eastcoasthibby
23-08-2016, 05:09 PM
Wouldn't have thought so. Lennon has already make it clear that Marciano will be first choice when he becomes available.

Had a rocky start to his hibs career albeit with the 20's today ..not overly impressive with their 2;goals ...but on the plus side had a couple of decent saves and dealt with the few cross balls that came his way well enough !!

R'Albin
23-08-2016, 05:13 PM
Had a rocky start to his hibs career albeit with the 20's today ..not overly impressive with their 2;goals ...but on the plus side had a couple of decent saves and dealt with the few cross balls that came his way well enough !!

What were the two goals like?

Hibernia&Alba
23-08-2016, 05:14 PM
Looking forward to seeing him in action.

Borderhibbie76
23-08-2016, 07:51 PM
Oh here we go...new keeper getting blamed for goals already....we r so critical of our keepers as a support

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Scott Allan Key
23-08-2016, 07:56 PM
Oh here we go...new keeper getting blamed for goals already....we r so critical of our keepers as a support

I think this is largely because we were so spoilt, in my living memory with Alan Rough, Andy Goram, Jim Leighton in a relatively short period of time.

GreenCastle
23-08-2016, 08:12 PM

If you were at the game it was a howler - as he got ball taken off him but would rather it happen in a u20 match than Saturday.

Apart from that he looked good and made a Logan like save when he spread himself well in the 2nd half.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2016, 08:43 PM
If the keeper makes a mistake, should the right back be blamed? :confused:

Pretty Boy
23-08-2016, 08:44 PM

So should the guys at the game not have commented on what they saw?

From what I've read no one has made a big thing of it, they have just said he made a mistake.

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2016, 08:45 PM

Drama queen alert.

Borderhibbie76
23-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Drama queen alert.
We've already had someone say he was at fault for both goals - let's just give the guy a chance to settle before we start analysing his every move.

GreenCastle
23-08-2016, 08:49 PM
We've already had someone say he was at fault for both goals - let's just give the guy a chance to settle before we start analysing his every move.

Wasn't at fault for 2nd goal. No chance. Poor defending from Hibs though for it to be a tap in.

I think he will do well as our number 1 - looked confident and probably over confident hence mistake for 1st goal.

He plays a bit of a sweeper keeper role so should suit our passing style football.

Borderhibbie76
23-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Wasn't at fault for 2nd goal. No chance. Poor defending from Hibs though for it to be a tap in.

I think he will do well as our number 1 - looked confident and probably over confident hence mistake for 1st goal.

He plays a bit of a sweeper keeper role so should suit our passing style football.
Sounds promising then - cheers mate 👍He is an international cap so cannae be too shabby a keeper I'd have thought

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2016, 08:52 PM

People aren't analysing his every move they are commenting on what they witnessed today, so calm down.

Borderhibbie76
23-08-2016, 08:54 PM
People aren't analysing his every move they are commenting on what they witnessed today, so calm down.
Why don't u calm down its a forum I expressed my opinion - stop jumping on my every post. I just want the new guy to get a fair shot before we start blaming him for every goal conceded that all...jeez

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2016, 08:55 PM
Why don't u calm down its a forum I expressed my opinion - stop jumping on my every post. I just want the new guy to get a fair shot before we start blaming him for every goal conceded that all...jeez

Aye whatever, carry on pal.

Finn2015
23-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Will be an interesting battle between him and laidlaw. Obviously think we will see laidlaw this Saturday so it's up to rocky to earn his spot. Competition for places, I like it

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2016, 08:59 PM
Will be an interesting battle between him and laidlaw. Obviously think we will see laidlaw this Saturday so it's up to rocky to earn his spot. Competition for places, I like it

I think Lennon will stick Rocky in as soon as he thinks he is ready regardless of Laidlaws form.

Finn2015
23-08-2016, 09:03 PM
I think Lennon will stick Rocky in as soon as he thinks he is ready regardless of Laidlaws form.

Well yeah, he may well do. I won't pretend I'm a wise old sage and prospective hibs manager in the future 😂. Will be interesting to see what Saturday brings mate 👍

BoomtownHibees
23-08-2016, 09:03 PM

No, definitely the left back

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Well yeah, he may well do. I won't pretend I'm a wise old sage and prospective hibs manager in the future 😂. Will be interesting to see what Saturday brings mate 👍

I'm just guessing and certainly not wise ;-)

JimBHibees
24-08-2016, 06:45 AM
I think this is largely because we were so spoilt, in my living memory with Alan Rough, Andy Goram, Jim Leighton in a relatively short period of time.

Long time ago that my more recent memory is the Zibi, Makalamby, Smith, Brown (s) vintage

Viva_Palmeiras
24-08-2016, 06:53 AM

If the right back happens to be Lewis Stevenson apparently he's fair game ;)

calumhibee1
24-08-2016, 07:09 AM
I like the sound of him playing a sweeper keeper role. :agree:

JDHibs
24-08-2016, 07:14 AM
I cant wait until he gets berated by the fans for playing the sweeper role and not being on his line if we concede...

erin go bragh
24-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Lennon has already said Marciano is his no 1 . So im thinking he's starting against Morton .