PDA

View Full Version : James Collins- oh dear...

ekhibee
22-08-2016, 11:27 PM
I use the sporting life website for racing tips, and came across this in the news section:

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/article/465/10548087/footballers-samir-carruthers-and-james-collins-banned-from-british-racecourses

Maybe he actually scored there...

Hibeewilly
22-08-2016, 11:30 PM
Collins must have had a longer wee wee than Carruthers as he got an extra year !!!

monktonharp
22-08-2016, 11:55 PM
aye Katie, whoever you are. who wants to go racing anyway:rolleyes: more to the point, who want's to hear your opinion Kate, bet your mummy will be proud.

snooky
23-08-2016, 12:16 AM
aye Katie, whoever you are. who wants to go racing anyway:rolleyes: more to the point, who want's to hear your opinion Kate, bet your mummy will be proud.

I agree with you MH.
No need for Kate to get so pissy.

frazeHFC
23-08-2016, 12:33 AM
D (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/ex-hibs-star-among-footballers-8686042)aily Hun gone with "ex Hibs star" :rotflmao:

KSA Hibee
23-08-2016, 03:21 AM
I am really surprised with this one from Collins .... After seeing him play I'm amazed he didn't miss the glass when he aimed at it.

heretoday
23-08-2016, 03:28 AM
Dirty people.

jacomo
23-08-2016, 03:35 AM
D (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/ex-hibs-star-among-footballers-8686042)aily Hun gone with "ex Hibs star" :rotflmao:

Lol.

He's now an ex-Shrews star too I see.

JimBHibees
23-08-2016, 06:12 AM
Lol.

He's now an ex-Shrews star too I see.

and calling him and his mate 'Top footballers' is stretching it a bit. :greengrin

Jim44
23-08-2016, 06:24 AM
Was he under peer group pressure? :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-08-2016, 07:01 AM
I wonder who leaked this story to the Press? :greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
23-08-2016, 07:31 AM
Collins was one of the worst strikers I've ever seen at hibs

Jones28
23-08-2016, 08:14 AM
Collins was one of the worst strikers I've ever seen at hibs

Coupled with Rowan Vine to make a Hells 11, dreadful forwards.

Bostonhibby
23-08-2016, 08:23 AM
I thought the press made up the story when it originally broke as I didn't see any way that he could have aimed at the glass and actually managed to get any in it.

If they'd said that he ran around the glass a bit then fell over, or maybe he had a go but hit the guy next to him then that would have been the James Collins we all remember.

patlowe
23-08-2016, 08:24 AM
Coupled with Rowan Vine to make a Hells 11, dreadful forwards.

It's frightening to consider how bad our recruitment was before Dempster came in - especially when theoretically we should have represented a more attractive proposition in the top flight in terms of attracting talent.

Jones28
23-08-2016, 08:31 AM
It's frightening to consider how bad our recruitment was before Dempster came in - especially when theoretically we should have represented a more attractive proposition in the top flight in terms of attracting talent.

I can't believe the number of good players we have signed since dempster came in. A premier league Hibs without her would never have got Scott Allan.

Hibbyradge
23-08-2016, 08:45 AM

I understand why she's pissed off.

3 year ban for showing her body off, but the footballers get 1 and 2 years respectively for having their dicks out and urinating in full view of other racegoers.

Utter nonsense.

Jones28
23-08-2016, 09:10 AM

3 year ban for showing her body off, but the footballers get 1 and 2 years respectively for having their dicks out and urinating in full view of other racegoers.

Utter nonsense.

This, it's a total double standard.

brog
23-08-2016, 09:17 AM

It's easy in hindsight but when we signed Collins it appeared a good move. He'd scored an excellent hat trick vs Villa, had a better scoring record at Swindon than Adam Rooney & appeared to be the target man many on here were demanding. That he wasn't offered terms by either Northampton or Shrewsbury despite a decent goal scoring record at both says more for his lifestyle & lack of application rather than lack of ability. He's now at Crawley, I'll pop down & see him one game & report back. Don't think Crawley will have a George St type culture!!

Northernhibee
23-08-2016, 09:23 AM
With decent service I still think he might have been decent.

surreyhibbie
23-08-2016, 09:41 AM
It's easy in hindsight but when we signed Collins it appeared a good move. He'd scored an excellent hat trick vs Villa, had a better scoring record at Swindon than Adam Rooney & appeared to be the target man many on here were demanding. That he wasn't offered terms by either Northampton or Shrewsbury despite a decent goal scoring record at both says more for his lifestyle & lack of application rather than lack of ability. He's now at Crawley, I'll pop down & see him one game & report back. Don't think Crawley will have a George St type culture!!

Trust me, it hasn't! :wink:

Chav Central...

brog
23-08-2016, 11:23 AM
[/B]

Trust me, it hasn't! :wink:

Chav Central...

He'll be fine then! :wink:

23-08-2016, 12:13 PM
Another day, another ******** footballer who thinks he can do whatever the hell he likes because he plays football for a living (well tries too!).

JDHibs
23-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Ironic thing is he was actually aiming for the toilet...

Baader
23-08-2016, 12:42 PM
Collins was hopeless.

Rugy07
23-08-2016, 01:01 PM

Utter nonsense.

I think they all got life bans, it's just that the 'footballers' can appeal theirs after 1 and 2 years, while they can't appeal for 3 years. It's to do with not apologising and showing any remorse, which the 'footballers' at least did, rather than the crime. I've always wondered exactly how a racecourse banning order works though? At least in football there is some chance, and often they are imposed by the police so the offender can be forced to report to a police station during every home game. But at a racetrack? Maybe if they try and go to a box at Cheltenham or Royal Ascot, they'll be found out, but I reckon they could easily pay on the gate at Chelmsford tonight!

Keith_M
23-08-2016, 01:49 PM
"Jessica Hayes and Katie Salmon, former stars in the ITV2 reality show Love Island, have also been banned after being photographed exposing their breasts at the same Cheltenham meeting."

I refuse to believe that happened unless somebody posts some photos.

Wilson
23-08-2016, 02:19 PM
"Jessica Hayes and Katie Salmon, former stars in the ITV2 reality show Love Island, have also been banned after being photographed exposing their breasts at the same Cheltenham meeting."

I refuse to believe that happened unless somebody posts some photos.

I'm sure I backed one of them each way in the 3:40. No wonder I never win if that is what they are doing.

KSA Hibee
23-08-2016, 03:07 PM
Collins was hopeless.

I don't even think he was good enough to be considered hopeless ... A 7 letter word starting with F and ending in G before it would be more accurate

JDHibs
23-08-2016, 03:17 PM
TO be fair to Collins, he had a goal 1:3 goals /games ratio at both Shrewsbury and Swindon before he came to us.

For us he got 1:6, then went back to Shrewsbury and was just worse than 1:3 then he got just over 1:3 at Northampton on loan.

Take us out the question hes got 200 apps and 65goals. Not a shocking return. People have to remember, the team he played in was SHOCKING.

23-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Collins and Vine up front. Jesus that really does make you shudder. We've come a very long way since those days THANK GOD.

Rowan Vine in particular was an absolutely rank striker!

3pm
23-08-2016, 04:52 PM
He should be banned from every fitba stadium in Britain.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2016, 05:06 PM
He should be banned from every fitba stadium in Britain.

Minimum he should expect for fraud by false misrepresentation.

emerald green
23-08-2016, 06:26 PM

Collins was one of a number of very poor signings (including managerial / coaching staff) ultimately leading to Hibs falling into the Championship.

Imagine a club like Hibs paying was it £200,000 for someone like James Collins? What a waste of money.

KSA Hibee
23-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Collins and Vine up front. Jesus that really does make you shudder. We've come a very long way since those days THANK GOD.

Both 2 very good reasons why I stopped going to see my team at that time ... Always thought that Vine's second touch was a tackle to get the ball back he had lost

Hibernia&Alba
23-08-2016, 07:00 PM
TO be fair to Collins, he had a goal 1:3 goals /games ratio at both Shrewsbury and Swindon before he came to us.

For us he got 1:6, then went back to Shrewsbury and was just worse than 1:3 then he got just over 1:3 at Northampton on loan.

Take us out the question hes got 200 apps and 65goals. Not a shocking return. People have to remember, the team he played in was SHOCKING.

He was woeful, mate. At £200,000 he must be one of the worst pound for pound signings we've ever had.

Carheenlea
23-08-2016, 09:29 PM
He had a great game up in Dingwall when we beat Ross County in the Cup, and I foolishly thought that great things were going to become of both him, and Terry Butcher. Things were to deteriorate at a depressingly rapid pace after that.

DTS
23-08-2016, 09:58 PM
He had a great game up in Dingwall when we beat Ross County in the Cup, and I foolishly thought that great things were going to become of both him, and Terry Butcher. Things were to deteriorate at a depressingly rapid pace after that.

Wasn't that just off the back of scoring the winner in the Derby as well? I remember thinking he could've kicked on as could the team but clearly neither happened

Andy74
23-08-2016, 10:27 PM

I'm sure this team are better but I'm not sure we can say we've come a long way when that team were fifth in the top league and we are on our third attempt at getting back in!

Relative to what we excpected a lot of those players weren't good enough but I'm sure a few of them would also be stand outs at this level.

jacomo
23-08-2016, 10:57 PM
I'm sure this team are better but I'm not sure we can say we've come a long way when that team were fifth in the top league and we are on our third attempt at getting back in!

Relative to what we excpected a lot of those players weren't good enough but I'm sure a few of them would also be stand outs at this level.

It's a crazy situation.

7 or 8 years of churning through mediocre players and a succession of managers.

We finally bring some quality players to the club, and we're in the wrong division.

monktonharp
24-08-2016, 12:49 AM
I thought James Collins put himself about in most games he played for us. unfortunately he never seemed in the right position when the ball was placed on a plate. he tried a lot though.

Carheenlea
24-08-2016, 06:10 AM
Wasn't that just off the back of scoring the winner in the Derby as well? I remember thinking he could've kicked on as could the team but clearly neither happened

Ross County was November and the Derby was Jan 2nd.
They did have us going for a couple of weeks.

Tyler Durden
24-08-2016, 06:19 AM

They were fifth in the league in what October? No way they were staying there, were on a downward spiral and the football was driving fans away.

Not sure which players would be a stand out in this league either, Liam Craig, Robertson, Vine, Heffernan all had spells here and were bang average. Taiwo still very average. Tudor-Jones, Clancy? Zoubir? We could go on

pacoluna
24-08-2016, 07:28 AM
They were fifth in the league in what October? No way they were staying there, were on a downward spiral and the football was driving fans away.

Not sure which players would be a stand out in this league either, Liam Craig, Robertson, Vine, Heffernan all had spells here and were bang average. Taiwo still very average. Tudor-Jones, Clancy? Zoubir? We could go on
Aye we were 5th in october, played partick on the 7th when Zoubir had his one highlight playing for hibs when he set up craig for the winner (fenlon's last win) we followed that up with a draw against celtic to then go on a winless streak of 6/7 games. It was March/April that the self-destruct button was pressed.

jacomo
24-08-2016, 08:39 AM

All of those players had performed reasonably well in the SPL but couldn't seem to stand out for us.

Stubbs was clever because he signed a lot of younger midfielders who all had a point to prove and let them compete for places.

He also signed players like Gray with the right character.

Most importantly, Hibs started performing like a professional sports club off the pitch too. No more of the amateur or old school training methods.

cabbageandribs1875
24-08-2016, 09:05 AM

:) just finished reading that article and immediately thought when the DR tells this story it will say 'ex-hibs player :agree:

Bostonhibby
24-08-2016, 10:15 AM
:) just finished reading that article and immediately thought when the DR tells this story it will say 'ex-hibs player :agree:
It's because the rangers never got humiliated by Shrewsbury in their first major cup final