CRAZYHIBBY
22-08-2016, 08:43 AM
On newsnow site saying lennon is after
Him....can't post link

Platinum Scotty
22-08-2016, 08:44 AM
On newsnow site saying lennon is after
Him....can't post link

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/rumour-mill-mccarthy-and-xavi-to-celtic-bremen-drop-izaguirre-interest-hibs-eye-hateley-1-4209108

Big_Franck
22-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Not seen Hateley play for a while but he was good for Motherwell. He was quite versatile as well from what I can remember. He's still a good age at 26 as well.

Stevie Reid
22-08-2016, 08:54 AM
Would be an excellent signing.

pacoluna
22-08-2016, 08:57 AM
Doesn't add to what we have already got in my opinion. A pacey winger is what we need.

California-Hibs
22-08-2016, 08:59 AM
Remember him being decent. Isn't he predominantly a centre midfielder though? Of which he'd have no chance of getting in our current midfield IMO.

Can cover right back though when needed but will he really want to come here to warm the bench?

We have so many good options now in midfield! Although a wide player wouldn't go a miss..

Stevie Reid
22-08-2016, 09:00 AM
Remember him being decent. Isn't he predominantly a centre midfielder though? Of which he'd have no chance of getting in our current midfield IMO.

Can cover right back though when needed but will he really want to come here to warm the bench?

We have so many good options now in midfield! Although a wide player wouldn't go a miss..

Was signed as a midfielder by Motherwell but played the vast majority of games at RB, IIRC.

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-08-2016, 09:08 AM
from memory, he can play at RB, CM and RM? not seen him play since he returned to England but done well up here.

He's got a deadly right peg and i'm not convinced a "pacy winger" is necessary rather just someone who can swing it in the box for big Holty to bang them in

Mikey09
22-08-2016, 09:11 AM
Very versatile player who could cover Bartley, Gray or as Centre back. Can even play as a right winger. Good player with a lot of steel. Would be a fantastic addition.

Craig_HFC
22-08-2016, 09:20 AM
His dad is a dick.

Big_Franck
22-08-2016, 09:20 AM
from memory, he can play at RB, CM and RM? not seen him play since he returned to England but done well up here.

He's got a deadly right peg and i'm not convinced a "pacy winger" is necessary rather just someone who can swing it in the box for big Holty to bang them in

He's been playing in Poland for Śląsk Wrocław for the last two and half years. He played over 70 games for them scoring one goal and had the squad number 4, which might suggest he played more as a defender.

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-08-2016, 09:23 AM
He's been playing in Poland for Śląsk Wrocław for the last two and half years. He played over 70 games for them scoring one goal and had the squad number 4, which might suggest he played more as a defender.

aye i've just seen that as i was reading up on him. i knew he left Motherwell for Tranmere - didnt realise it was only a 4 month contract. Remember him being linked to Rangers when at Well cause of his bell end of a dad

Mikey09
22-08-2016, 09:27 AM
His dad is a dick.

Baboon arse heed.

Baw187
22-08-2016, 09:34 AM
I recall him at Well but never thought he stood out. If he's evolved in to a defender then would be interesting to see how good he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
22-08-2016, 09:47 AM
Whilst Hately is a good player, don't we have enough quality in centre midfield? If we're going to sign another player I'd much prefer a winger.

Jim44
22-08-2016, 09:48 AM
aye i've just seen that as i was reading up on him. i knew he left Motherwell for Tranmere - didnt realise it was only a 4 month contract. Remember him being linked to Rangers when at Well cause of his bell end of a dad

His dad is a dick.

Baboon arse heed.

He was also brought up as a Rangers supporter ...........

Sins of the fathers and all that, eh? ............ The guy's potential future at Hibs, condemned before the rumours turn into reality. :greengrin

Stevie Reid
22-08-2016, 09:49 AM
I recall him at Well but never thought he stood out. If he's evolved in to a defender then would be interesting to see how good he is.

Was one of Well's best and most consistent performers when he was there.

Baw187
22-08-2016, 09:50 AM
Was one of Well's best and most consistent performers when he was there.

Shows how much I paid attention!

Diclonius
22-08-2016, 09:52 AM
His current team have an awfully familiar kit..

http://storage2.sportowefakty.pl.sds.o2.pl/photos/53149b08353521_18523856.jpg

pacoluna
22-08-2016, 09:53 AM
His current team have an awfully familiar kit..

http://storage2.sportowefakty.pl.sds.o2.pl/photos/53149b08353521_18523856.jpg

Looks like alen orman :greengrin

Craig_HFC
22-08-2016, 09:55 AM
He was also brought up as a Rangers supporter ...........

Sins of the fathers and all that, eh? ............ The guy's potential future at Hibs, condemned before the rumours turn into reality. :greengrin

I'm a football supporter so if I'm not allowed to be petty then I don't know who is.

:greengrin

J-C
22-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Doesn't add to what we have already got in my opinion. A pacey winger is what we need.

You're rather obsessed with pacy wingers.

Hi Heid Yin
22-08-2016, 10:05 AM
The fact that he is a free agent raises question marks; also, he is a midfielder and are we not already overloaded in this area?
This said, if this rumour is true then Neil Lennon must see him in some capacity and I bow to his knowledge and insight.

J-C
22-08-2016, 10:09 AM
Whilst Hately is a good player, don't we have enough quality in centre midfield? If we're going to sign another player I'd much prefer a winger.

Fyvie, McGeouch and Bartley are all injury prone, which leaves McGinn, Martin and Stanton if any of the others don't play. Martin is still young and I think Stanton isn't quoted by Lennon, Shinnie is more attacking so cover in midfield won't go amiss.

CapitalGreen
22-08-2016, 10:12 AM
The fact that he is a free agent raises question marks; also, he is a midfielder and are we not already overloaded in this area?
This said, if this rumour is true then Neil Lennon must see him in some capacity and I bow to his knowledge and insight.

What questions marks does it raise? Brian Graham was a free agent when we signed him. Man United just signed Free agent Ibrahimovic.

pacoluna
22-08-2016, 10:15 AM
You're rather obsessed with pacy wingers.
your point?

JDHibs
22-08-2016, 10:17 AM
Can play RB, RM and CM. Offers decent cover/experience.

Over 220 apps for Well, Tranmere and Slask Wroclaw. Wanted to come back home hence he never renewed his contract.

Remember him being well thought of at Well, but cant remember seeing much of him.

J-C
22-08-2016, 10:26 AM
your point?

Point being that you mention it on any thread relating signing, gossip and team formations, I think by now we get it you want a winger bought.

northstandhibby
22-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Fyvie, McGeouch and Bartley are all injury prone, which leaves McGinn, Martin and Stanton if any of the others don't play. Martin is still young and I think Stanton isn't quoted by Lennon, Shinnie is more attacking so cover in midfield won't go amiss.

I agree with you that I think Lennie if signing Hately is looking to make certain hibs are always in stock of a good midfield to account for suspensions and injuries etc. A very good move if it happens.

GGTTH

Ronniekirk
22-08-2016, 10:38 AM

This for me and he can cover for gray at rigjt back and he has already been injured this season and had grion problems in the past
Think Lennon is planning ahead to cover injuries going forward
Harris Stanton and Carmichael are not featuring in first team ,so no point in keeping them if they can be offloaded ,and bring in one more player after Hateley
Would be happy with squad after that

scoopyboy
22-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Point being that you mention it on any thread relating signing, gossip and team formations, I think by now we get it you want a winger bought.

All he wants is a team of Ivan Sproules, a team of Ivan Sproules, a team of Ivan Sproules...............

pacoluna
22-08-2016, 10:52 AM
And I will continue to mention it until we sign one.

lord bunberry
22-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Did he refuse to sign a new contract with Motherwell because they refused to play him in what he thought was his best position?

JDHibs
22-08-2016, 10:58 AM

Better get ready to keep posting then...

GreenNWhiteArmy
22-08-2016, 11:07 AM

is there any reason in particular you think we need a pacy winger? the reason i ask is that we have boyle and harris who could be deemed as that kind of player but neither are really good enough to make us change formation and play with a winger?

for me its more important we get a good winger in who can cross a ball for Holt. David Beckham wasn't speedy but how many assists did he get over the years?

snooky
22-08-2016, 11:19 AM
From what has been said Hateley seems to be very adaptable and able to slot into quite a few positions comfortably. I have always thought that it was a good idea for any team to have a Paul Madely type of player. It allows a team to maintain its settled shape when there's an injury or suspension.
If he's good enough then I'd say go for it.

hibs0666
22-08-2016, 11:26 AM

I just want a team that wins every week.

hibsbollah
22-08-2016, 11:28 AM
I was banging on about him about 4 seasons back, I thought he would be a perfect fit for us. Very quick when I saw him for Motherwell and also takes a great free kick.

pacoluna
22-08-2016, 11:32 AM
is there any reason in particular you think we need a pacy winger? the reason i ask is that we have boyle and harris who could be deemed as that kind of player but neither are really good enough to make us change formation and play with a winger?

for me its more important we get a good winger in who can cross a ball for Holt. David Beckham wasn't speedy but how many assists did he get over the years?

as obvious at it sounds I think we lack width, When I put my suggested starting line up I included Harris for this reason however same as you mentioned I don't think Harris is the the permanent solution. As good a team that we are and we should romp the chship, Other than JC and perhaps shinnie I think the team lacks speed.

Winston Ingram
22-08-2016, 11:37 AM
If we sign him can it be on the proviso that his Dad doesn't come and watch?

lyonhibs
22-08-2016, 11:43 AM
As he's a free agent, this should really be a bit of a no-brainer if Lennon thinks he's good enough and he's fit enough.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Its not wingers we need, its wide men who can deliver and create, more of a wingback type in my opinion.

Big_Franck
22-08-2016, 11:44 AM
From what has been said Hartley seems to be very adaptable and able to slot into quite a few positions comfortably. I have always thought that it was a good idea for any team to have a Paul Madely type of player. It allows a team to maintain its settled shape when there's an injury or suspension.
If he's good enough then I'd say go for it.

If we sign that fat wee pr1ck i'll be handing my season ticket back :wink:

HappyHanlon
22-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Its not wingers we need, its wide men who can deliver and create, more of a wingback type in my opinion.

This.

Biggie
22-08-2016, 11:46 AM
is he over 6 foot ?...right, we'd better get in before the yams snap him up

Lago
22-08-2016, 11:47 AM
His dad is a dick.
And what's your point caller ??

BoomtownHibees
22-08-2016, 11:53 AM

That his Dad's a dick. Surely that is his point??

McIntosh
22-08-2016, 12:00 PM
That his Dad's a dick. Surely that is his point?? why mention his father in such an offensive way - when did parentage come into consideration when it came to playing for Hibs?

BoomtownHibees
22-08-2016, 12:09 PM
why mention his father in such an offensive way - when did parentage come into consideration when it came to playing for Hibs?

I'm not sure it does. You would probably need to ask the poster that said it just to make sure though.

But his Dad is a dick

surreyhibbie
22-08-2016, 12:16 PM
why mention his father in such an offensive way - when did parentage come into consideration when it came to playing for Hibs?

I agree, it's very harsh to criticise the lad.

Just because his Dad is a dick...

Andy74
22-08-2016, 12:32 PM

Not sure he said it was a consideration in whether we should sign him or not, just a related fact.

Brightside
22-08-2016, 12:55 PM
I agree, it's very harsh to criticise the lad.

Just because his Dad is a dick...

Think he is just saying his dad is a dick. :wink:

snooky
22-08-2016, 12:59 PM
If we sign that fat wee pr1ck i'll be handing my season ticket back :wink:

Ha ha, Freudian slip. Corrected now.
Thanks for picking that one up BF :greengrin

Hi Heid Yin
22-08-2016, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=CapitalGreen;4799134]What questions marks does it raise? Brian Graham was a free agent when we signed him. Man United just signed Free agent Ibrahimovic.[/ If, as some have suggested that Hately wants to come home, then the question might have been answered as to why he finds himself as a free agent. Sounds like his apparent versatility might have prompted interest from Neil Lennon, if the rumour is true that is.

JimBHibees
22-08-2016, 01:44 PM
Would be good cover for a number of positions including right back not afraid to put a foot in and good at free kicks also. Would add to the squad for sure.

stantonsboots
22-08-2016, 01:47 PM
Doesn't add to what we have already got in my opinion. A pacey winger is what we need.whats the matter with boyle and carmicheal?

stantonsboots
22-08-2016, 01:53 PM
Can play RB, RM and CM. Offers decent cover/experience.

Over 220 apps for Well, Tranmere and Slask Wroclaw. Wanted to come back home hence he never renewed his contract.

Remember him being well thought of at Well, but cant remember seeing much of him.he was a stand out for motherwell and yes his dad is a tool!

pacoluna
22-08-2016, 02:14 PM
whats the matter with boyle and carmicheal?
Left winger preferably nothing wrong with boyle, Carmicheal i'm really not sure is cut out for Hibs.

Craig_HFC
22-08-2016, 02:24 PM

It was a pretty self-explanatory point, I thought.

ekhibee
22-08-2016, 02:27 PM
I was banging on about him about 4 seasons back, I thought he would be a perfect fit for us. Very quick when I saw him for Motherwell and also takes a great free kick.
Yep, that's the player that I remember, takes great free kicks. I think he's right footed. Dunno if he's still as good, but no doubt we'll find out when we sign him. Only one small concern is that he only seems to have scored one goal for the Polish team he was playing for while still getting a regular game, but that might just be to do with what position they played him. If he's anything like what he was at Well he'd score plenty of goals in the Championship.

Smartie
22-08-2016, 02:30 PM
I like Mark Hateley.

Some of the best, most virulent and foul-mouthed abuse I have ever heard was directed at him from the old East.

I miss those days.

Niffy
22-08-2016, 02:40 PM
I like Mark Hateley.

Some of the best, most virulent and foul-mouthed abuse I have ever heard was directed at him from the old East.

I miss those days.

Better than calling Airdrie goalie John Martin a "scab scab scab!!!!!!!" ?

Lago
22-08-2016, 02:47 PM
Think he is just saying his dad is a dick. :wink:
His first game at ER could be interesting as he runs out to chants of your dad's a dick, repeat as required.

scoopyboy
22-08-2016, 02:50 PM
Better than calling Airdrie goalie John Martin a "scab scab scab!!!!!!!" ?

No two ways about it though, Martin was a scab.

Finn2015
22-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Wouldn't be a bad signing though not one I think would be any more as cover but strength in depth et al

matty_f
22-08-2016, 03:31 PM
I like Mark Hateley.

I miss those days.
In the old days when nobody batted an eyelid about songs making serious allegations about Richard Gough, or about the faithfulness of John Robertson's wife.

For a long time I've thought we let away teams off too easy these days, the worst abuse you hear is aimed at Hibs players.

I long for the days when the chants of '**** you Samaras, said **** you Samaras' to put him off his game are the norm rather than a rarity.

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-08-2016, 03:40 PM
In the old days when nobody batted an eyelid about songs making serious allegations about Richard Gough, or about the faithfulness of John Robertson's wife.

For a long time I've thought we let away teams off too easy these days, the worst abuse you hear is aimed at Hibs players.

I long for the days when the chants of '**** you Samaras, said **** you Samaras' to put him off his game are the norm rather than a rarity.Hahahaha, that was a blast from the past..... "****ged by a hibby, she's getting ****ged by a hibby" :singing:

Even Robbo had a chuckle tbf!

Edson Arantes
22-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Baboon arse heed.

jax67
22-08-2016, 03:42 PM

This!!👌

matty_f
22-08-2016, 03:42 PM
Hahahaha, that was a blast from the past..... "****ged by a hibby, she's getting ****ged by a hibby" :singing:

She's here, she's there, she's every-*******-where, Robbo's wife, Robbo's wife! :faf:

Brightside
22-08-2016, 03:43 PM
His first game at ER could be interesting as he runs out to chants of your dad's a dick, repeat as required.

Maybe he'll give us a thumbs up?

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Mark Hateley, a man eloquently termed as a "baldy, hairy b*****d". Splendid.

Scouse Hibee
22-08-2016, 04:03 PM
What's this term pacy winger I keep hearing. Do they still exist in the modern game?

JeMeSouviens
22-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Mark Hateley, a man eloquently termed as a "baldy, hairy b*****d". Splendid.

Mind the time he played centre half at ER? I just found a vid. Happy days! :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB1uf6exUOo

Tobias Funke
22-08-2016, 04:09 PM

Offensive if you ask me. Some of my family are baboons.

Edson Arantes
22-08-2016, 04:13 PM
Offensive if you ask me. Some of my family are baboons.

Very good :thumbsup:

Suppose I asked for that. :aok:

hibsbollah
22-08-2016, 04:25 PM

That's exactly what he's best at IMO :dunno: fast attacking overlapping RB.

Speedway
22-08-2016, 04:53 PM
Hopefully Tom isn't to Mark what Paul was to Kenny.

lyonhibs
22-08-2016, 04:56 PM

I long for the days when the chants of '**** you Samaras, said **** you Samaras' to put him off his game are the norm rather than a rarity.

Samaras was absolutely destroyed that game. Totally shot his confidence and he spent most of the game doing his "malco-ordinated horse" impression.

"What's it like to **** a Hun" to Caldwell was class as well.

Smartie
22-08-2016, 05:04 PM

I quite liked Paul. If it wasn't for Kenny we'd have accepted him a bit better on his own merits.

Hopefully we give Tom a fair kick of the ball. His Dad was truly excellent at simultaneously being bald, long-haired and a dick. It would be unfair to expect Tom to do likewise.

Kavinho
22-08-2016, 05:14 PM

.. are you sounding out potential team mates for "Only Connect"?!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-08-2016, 05:15 PM
I quite liked Paul. If it wasn't for Kenny we'd have accepted him a bit better on his own merits.

Hopefully we give Tom a fair kick of the ball. His Dad was truly excellent at simultaneously being bald, long-haired and a dick. It would be unfair to expect Tom to do likewise.

:agree:

And I agree Mark Hately is a dick.

NAE NOOKIE
22-08-2016, 05:39 PM
Mind the time he played centre half at ER? I just found a vid. Happy days! :wink:

I remember reading a long article in the paper about Tom Hately and his decision to play in Poland .. seemed like an ok guy from the article. Seem to remember he was a decent player.

As for his dad .... I certainly remember his long greasy hair and vividly remember somebody in the East throwing a bar of soap at him during the warm up :greengrin

For the record ... I hated that Hibs strip and cant for the life of me understand why some folk wet themselves over it whenever retro tops get discussed.

matty_f
22-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Samaras was absolutely destroyed that game. Totally shot his confidence and he spent most of the game doing his "malco-ordinated horse" impression.

:agree: we also got to Boruc when he came to Easter Road.

stantonsboots
22-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Left winger preferably nothing wrong with boyle, Carmicheal i'm really not sure is cut out for Hibs.carmicheal was great pre-season,first half against Birmingham he was outstanding and the second half boyle was outstanding

keep the faith
22-08-2016, 06:15 PM
:agree: we also got to Boruc when he came to Easter Road.

We certainly did.
The greatest "get to" ever for me though was Didier Agathe. Boo'd every time he touched the ball right until he got subbed. Usually supporters get bored after 5/10 mins but not that day.
After a while you could tell he didn't want the ball anymore!
😁

Hibernia&Alba
22-08-2016, 06:24 PM
Baboon arse heed.

:faf:

Andy74
22-08-2016, 06:28 PM
The spelling in the title is annoying me now!

Smartie
22-08-2016, 06:36 PM

Me too.

Admins - can we change the spelling in the thread title to "baboon arse heed"?

stantonsboots
22-08-2016, 06:36 PM
We certainly did.
The greatest "get to" ever for me though was Didier Agathe. Boo'd every time he touched the ball right until he got subbed. Usually supporters get bored after 5/10 mins but not that day.
😁paul Hartley got it tight and had a mare and got subbed when he was getting the vladimar Romanov he sucks paul Hartley off all night :greengrin ah they don't write songs like they used to :flag:

Hibernia&Alba
22-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Me too.

Admins - can we change the spelling in the thread title to "baboon arse heed"?

It would be "Son of baboon arse heid". :greengrin

Niffy
22-08-2016, 06:45 PM

Ahhhh I'd be in the Coo Shed

EastCalderHibby
22-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Hahahaha, that was a blast from the past..... "****ged by a hibby, she's getting ****ged by a hibby" :singing:

I mentioned that very song on the no more goals thread but was told it was a d utd player or mickey mouse (c cameron )
now that icome to think of it sure said player was at utd but was at hibs when her real boabby

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Would be a decent addition to the squad. Coming from a decent level as well and that is much more important than who is auld felly is. Would not surprise me to see some outs to offset the inns.

BH Hibs
22-08-2016, 07:03 PM

Oh Tom Hateley
We're glad that you're a Hibee but your dads a dick. :greengrin

Jake
22-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Tom Hately would be a very good signing for us. He's been out in Poland for two seasons and playing at a good level.

Matty_Jack04
22-08-2016, 07:53 PM
Anyone heard anything about a potential move for one of our central midfield players? Hopefully toms not being lined up as a replacement

Jim44
22-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Would be a decent addition to the squad. Coming from a decent level as well and that is much more important than who is auld felly is. Would not surprise me to see some outs to offset the inns.

......... according to Kenny Miller :

It’s understood fringe men Alex Harris, Daniel Handling, Danny Carmichael, Jamie Insall and Sam Stanton will all be allowed to leave if they can agree terms with the club on an early exit or secure an offer from elsewhere.

J-C
22-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Anyone heard anything about a potential move for one of our central midfield players? Hopefully toms not being lined up as a replacement

Maybe Stanton who seems miles away from getting a game, same applies to Carmichael, get rid of 2 average and bring in 1 good one.

AlbertK86
22-08-2016, 08:08 PM

Would not be surprised if Sellick considering SJM.

Not heard anything however IF which is unlikely they end up in Europa I can see them coming in for him in a swap with Hendo, GMS and cash.

If as seems most likely they progress to Champions League they will be after somebody more high profile and proven that John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stevie-bee
22-08-2016, 08:11 PM
On Twitter hibs news stating
Alex Harris, Danny Handling, Danny Carmichael, Sam Stanton and Jamie Insall are all free to leave Hibs!!! (SunSport)

Alex Trager
22-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Does anyone know if Mark Hately was a dick?

Jonnyboy
22-08-2016, 08:33 PM
Does anyone know if Mark Hately was a dick?

Budgie Burridge did :greengrin

Marco G
22-08-2016, 08:39 PM
......... according to Kenny Miller :

It’s understood fringe men Alex Harris, Daniel Handling, Danny Carmichael, Jamie Insall and Sam Stanton will all be allowed to leave if they can agree terms with the club on an early exit or secure an offer from elsewhere.
If true (and I am not v sure it is), Lennon will by now have had a good look at his squad, so it makes sense to give anyone not in the frame a chance to move on before deadline day.

staunchhibby
22-08-2016, 09:10 PM
They still on contract so would need a pay off to go

edwards
22-08-2016, 09:11 PM
If true (and I am not v sure it is), Lennon will by now have had a good look at his squad, so it makes sense to give anyone not in the frame a chance to move on before deadline day.

I would keep carmichael and although the rest are out of favour they will bolster the likes of qos or raith rovers

GreenLake
22-08-2016, 09:21 PM
I remember reading a long article in the paper about Tom Hately and his decision to play in Poland .. seemed like an ok guy from the article. Seem to remember he was a decent player.

As for his dad .... I certainly remember his long greasy hair and vividly remember somebody in the East throwing a bar of soap at him during the warm up :greengrin

For the record ... I hated that Hibs strip and cant for the life of me understand why some folk wet themselves over it whenever retro tops get discussed.

I think wetting myself would be an over-exaggeration but I am glad to have one of these shirts in my collection.

stevie-bee
22-08-2016, 09:22 PM
A guy on Twitter asked handling , his reply was 1st I've heard ,
So could be a lot of *****.

Edson Arantes
22-08-2016, 09:23 PM

Correct.

It's Hateley :cb

Hibernia&Alba
22-08-2016, 09:25 PM
Correct.

It's Hateley :cb

Mark Hated :wink:

Oscar T Grouch
22-08-2016, 09:32 PM

That day was my 21st birthday. Can't really remember any of that weekend. It was a great weekend though so I've been told 😳

Matty_Jack04
22-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Would not be surprised if Sellick considering SJM.

Not heard anything however IF which is unlikely they end up in Europa I can see them coming in for him in a swap with Hendo, GMS and cash.

If as seems most likely they progress to Champions League they will be after somebody more high profile and proven that John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd heard Brighton not Celtic nothing to say it's true however just a rumour

Argylehibby
22-08-2016, 09:38 PM
We certainly did.
😁

Did he not say after the game the abuse had put him off so he got it tight every time he played against us after that?

northstandhibby
22-08-2016, 09:42 PM
I'd heard Brighton not Celtic nothing to say it's true however just a rumour

When the time comes the bidding for such a talented international midfielder would have to start at between 3-5 million. Hopefully he is here for the rest of the season. He is a real talent.

GGTTH

PatHead
22-08-2016, 09:44 PM

The old club weren't very good at defending corners either

oldbutdim
22-08-2016, 09:48 PM
I mentioned that very song on the no more goals thread but was told it was a d utd player or mickey mouse (c cameron )
now that icome to think of it sure said player was at utd but was at hibs when her real boabby

The player in question chucked the game for a wee while and worked on the trawlers.

He smelled of fish.

And then he went to work on the trawlers.

Scotthibs1875
22-08-2016, 09:52 PM
The journalist who announced that Hibs were interested in Hateley has reported that Dundee are also interested:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/702810/Tom-Hateley-transfer-news-Dundee-Hibs

oldbutdim
22-08-2016, 09:53 PM

I don't remember that.

Ihun Murray got that wee ditty sung to him............... Craig Paterson too........

Caldwell went on to be a Smelly, not a Hun.

:confused:

Ha.

Just read that post above properly.

Apologies Lyonhibs. I'm spraffing nonsense...........

Jim44
22-08-2016, 10:06 PM
The journalist who announced that Hibs were interested in Hateley has reported that Dundee are also interested:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/702810/Tom-Hateley-transfer-news-Dundee-Hibs

I woke up this morning with no knowledge or thoughts about Tom Hateley I'm going to bed tonight with a fair degree of indifference about his connection with us. :yawn:

Andy74
22-08-2016, 11:22 PM
They still on contract so would need a pay off to go

Not if another club will take them.

blindsummit
23-08-2016, 12:51 AM

That's my youtube channel! always loved that footage. :greengrin

JimBHibees
23-08-2016, 06:25 AM
That's my youtube channel! always loved that footage. :greengrin

Just watched that back, how Hibs didnt get a penalty for Hateleys challenge clearly in the box I dont know. Scored from the free kick though.

LancsHibs
23-08-2016, 07:08 AM
Just watched that back, how Hibs didnt get a penalty for Hateleys challenge clearly in the box I dont know. Scored from the free kick though.

Because it was against the Huns??

Ronniekirk
23-08-2016, 07:33 AM
Dundee trying tto sign him so he will probably have several offers to consider

pacoluna
23-08-2016, 07:42 AM
A guy on Twitter asked handling , his reply was 1st I've heard ,
So could be a lot of *****.

won't be the last, can't see Danny getting anywhere near the starting line up, Surely to benefit himself he is at the age where he should be looking to play regular football, I know he has been injured but still he is way down the pecking order.

Jim44
23-08-2016, 07:43 AM

I was never a big fan of the jester sleeves on that strip.

Big L
23-08-2016, 08:13 AM
Dundee trying tto sign him so he will probably have several offers to consider

The mighty Acc Stan are in as well, so that's that!!

JimBHibees
23-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Because it was against the Huns??

Agree though surprisingly no Hibs player seemed to be claiming for it.

MacGruber
23-08-2016, 08:26 AM
Would prefer us going for a winger if it was only 1 to come
But Hately would be an excellent signing, very good player at this level and covers a number of bases.

J-C
23-08-2016, 09:43 AM
won't be the last, can't see Danny getting anywhere near the starting line up, Surely to benefit himself he is at the age where he should be looking to play regular football, I know he has been injured but still he is way down the pecking order.

Unfortunately some bright spark at ER decided to give Danny a new 4 year deal, he'll be on a decent wage at Hibs and won't be in a hurry to move, sums up the attitude of some players nowadays, Danny did nothing to suggest he deserved a new bumper deal.

Marco G
23-08-2016, 09:55 AM
Unfortunately some bright spark at ER decided to give Danny a new 4 year deal, he'll be on a decent wage at Hibs and won't be in a hurry to move, sums up the attitude of some players nowadays, Danny did nothing to suggest he deserved a new bumper deal.
Cant blame Handling for accepting the deal offered by Alan Stubbs nor for getting a terrible injury at the start of last pre season. Whether he deserved the deal or not is another question and we dont know how it would have panned out if he had not got injured.

J-C
23-08-2016, 10:09 AM
Cant blame Handling for accepting the deal offered by Alan Stubbs nor for getting a terrible injury at the start of last pre season. Whether he deserved the deal or not is another question and we dont know how it would have panned out if he had not got injured.

Not questioning the injuries, players get them, just questioning giving him a 4 year deal when he hadn't really done anything of note to earn it.

Marco G
23-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Not questioning the injuries, players get them, just questioning giving him a 4 year deal when he hadn't really done anything of note to earn it.
Agreed, but Stubbs must have seen something in him to do that, even if no one else saw it!

bigwheel
23-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Agreed, but Stubbs must have seen something in him to do that, even if no one else saw it!

the deal was on the table before Stubbs (and Dempster) arrived...I'm guessing it proceeded in the context of Hibs only having about 7 signed players at the time. Seemed a good choice when he ran the show, before an unlucky sending off, at Ibrox in the cup game..thereafter we have barely seen him. Good luck to him whatever is the next chapter.

Marco G
23-08-2016, 10:15 AM
the deal was on the table before Stubbs (and Dempster) arrived...I'm guessing it proceeded in the context of Hibs only having about 7 signed players at the time. Seemed a good choice when he ran the show, before an unlucky sending off, at Ibrox in the cup game..thereafter we have barely seen him. Good luck to him whatever is the next chapter.
Ah, makes sense then

BlackSheep
25-08-2016, 03:50 PM
Lennon just interviewed on SSNHQ saying that Hately has been training with Hibs and has been given the choice to sign or not.

Hately is away weighing up hibs as well as other offers.

hibs0666
25-08-2016, 04:08 PM

Very very harsh. For example, Handling was looking very much the part at Ibrox. Injuries have prevented him showing us his level.

Jim44
25-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Lennon just interviewed on SSNHQ saying that Hately has been training with Hibs and has been given the choice to sign or not.

Hately is away weighing up hibs as well as other offers.

Hartley confident he'll sign for Dundee.

Andy74
25-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Very very harsh. For example, Handling was looking very much the part at Ibrox. Injuries have prevented him showing us his level.

Disagree. Injuries have prevented him being punted. He was very much on the way out with others last year before he got injured - the injuries have prolonged his career here.

Lennon might fancy him which would change things slightly. I don't think one game at Ibrox is that indicative of his performances for us. He's not terrible but we have brought in players of much better quality.

hibs0666
25-08-2016, 04:21 PM
Disagree. Injuries have prevented him being punted. He was very much on the way out with others last year before he got injured - the injuries have prolonged his career here.

Lennon might fancy him which would change things slightly. I don't think one game at Ibrox is that indicative of his performances for us. He's not terrible but we have brought in players of much better quality.

He is a young guy and is therefore prone inconsistency. The reason that I mentioned that game is that it showed Handling has the ability to boss games at that level despite his inexperience.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-08-2016, 04:29 PM

General point but it never ceases to amaze me how casually folks dismiss football player losing their jobs using words like "binned" and "punted".

And I know it's not a U rated forum.

Ozyhibby
25-08-2016, 04:40 PM
General point but it never ceases to amaze me how casually folks dismiss football player losing their jobs using words like "binned" and "punted".

And I know it's not a U rated forum.

Because to us the fan it's a sport first and foremost and if you don't make the grade, your out. When you play sport, you know that from an early age.
Danny Handling actually has a lot more job security that most people his age.

Lago
25-08-2016, 04:59 PM
They have the benefit of playing in a higher league, could swing it.

CapitalGreen
25-08-2016, 05:31 PM
Danny Handling actually has a lot more job security that most people his age.

Still no reason to be blasé about a young man potentially losing his job. Particularly when he is not in a position to find another due to injury.

Ozyhibby
25-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Still no reason to be blasé about a young man potentially losing his job. Particularly when he is not in a position to find another due to injury.

There is no way he can lose his job while he is injured. His job is safe for another two years if he likes.

tamig
25-08-2016, 06:09 PM
They have the benefit of playing in a higher league, could swing it.

That's about the only thing they have over us.

fiolex1
25-08-2016, 06:11 PM
Danny has been unlucky with injuries. He was rated very highly by Stubbs and Strachan and had attracted interest from Huddersfield and Celtic hence Hibs protecting their investment by offering a 4 year deal. Unfortunately injury may stop us seeing his ability to play at the top level.

Stevie Reid
25-08-2016, 06:12 PM
I wonder how much influence his Dad will have, a lot I presume.

We might be the league below, but he'll probably get offered similar money (if not more) from us, play in front of bigger crowds, get more win bonuses, and - from our cup record in recent years - have a much better likelihood of going to Hampden and getting a medal.

Andy74
25-08-2016, 06:19 PM

I get the point from a human point of view but it's a fairly daft one to make on a football forum. I'm not responsible for his employment status so I'm only talking about it from a football point of view. He also has a contract so probably guaranteed a job longer than most of us!

California-Hibs
25-08-2016, 07:36 PM
That's about the only thing they have over us.

It's the only thing! Without even being bias a decision between Hibs vs Dundee is not a decision!

At Hibs you'll play in front of bigger crowds, home and away....all the time.

You'll train every single day in a far better state of the art facility.

You'll play your football at a much nicer stadium.

You'll be in a beautiful vibrant city that is Edinburgh, not...Dundee!

You're likely (you'd think?) to get more money at Hibs.

The list seriously goes on. Surely it's a no brainer for a player? That's the way I see it

BullsCloseHibs
25-08-2016, 07:48 PM
It's the only thing! Without even being bias a decision between Hibs vs Dundee is not a decision!

At Hibs you'll play in front of bigger crowds, home and away....all the time.

You'll train every single day in a far better state of the art facility.

You'll play your football at a much nicer stadium.

You'll be in a beautiful vibrant city that is Edinburgh, not...Dundee!

You're likely (you'd think?) to get more money at Hibs.

The list seriously goes on. Surely it's a no brainer for a player? That's the way I see it

Unfortunately, all most footballers care about is the GBP's....

That's all it'll boil down to.

I think he'll choose us though.

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Is football the only job these people can do? If I'm potted from a job I go out and get another, restricting yourself to one trade is a bit daft. I'd laugh if they went down the job centre and looked on the boards for folk looking for out of work footballers.

hibee-boys
25-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Unfortunately, all most footballers care about is the GBP's....

That's all it'll boil down to.

I think he'll choose us though.

Might not just be money in this case, he's unlikely to be guaranteed first team football at Hibs whereas that's more likely at Dundee, might be an important factor at this stage of his career.

Ronniekirk
25-08-2016, 08:53 PM

Am not too botheted if he does Shinnie was the signing i am excited about and the keeper may prove to be similiar, and confident Graham given game time will get us goals
Have seen Holt the last two games and still not sure He might be better option off the bench but i know others who saw him in earlier games were singing his praises so will keep an open mind on him

Jim44
25-08-2016, 09:14 PM
Am not too botheted if he does Shinnie was the signing i am excited about and the keeper may prove to be similiar, and confident Graham given game time will get us goals
Have seen Holt the last two games and still not sure He might be better option off the bench but i know others who saw him in earlier games were singing his praises so will keep an open mind on him

Like you I'm indifferent towards Hateley. I've only seen Holt in the Dunfermline game and was really unimpressed. Still, I'm prepared to lsten to the comments of others who have seen more of him.

s.a.m
26-08-2016, 07:48 AM
Scottish Sun Sport ‏@scotsunsport 10m10 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status/769076921611288576) Scottish football LIVE: Partick Thistle in talks with ex-Motherwell star Tom Hateley http://thesun.uk/6015BNaaU (https://t.co/80L0XK47AP)

Dunbar Hibee
26-08-2016, 07:50 AM

What attitude? Danny is gutted how it has panned out for him so far, and why wouldn't he accept a 4 year deal?

Hermit Crab
26-08-2016, 07:52 AM
Scottish Sun Sport ‏@scotsunsport 5m5 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status/769076921611288576) Scottish football LIVE: Partick Thistle in talks with ex-Motherwell star Tom Hateley thesun.uk/6015BNaaU

Seems to be speaking to a lot of clubs and weighing up his options.

J-C
26-08-2016, 08:11 AM
What attitude? Danny is gutted how it has panned out for him so far, and why wouldn't he accept a 4 year deal?

The attitude of happily sitting in the main stand picking up a wage and not getting on with their careers, yes Danny has been unfortunate but I'm not the only one who was very surprised he got his last deal on the back of really nothing more than a few glimpses. He, Stanton and Harris were told to find new clubs last season with Danny getting his injury that stopped that happening, the same thing has been said this season too, obviously not Danny as again he's still injured but he will be when his injury has cleared up.

These 3 young lad aren't young lads any more and are at an age where they should've been in the team on a regular basis like McGinn and McGeouch but they aint, they just haven't progressed like we would like, it happens in football. They were given long decent deals which benefited us and them, they need regular football and it's not going to be with us unfortunately, hence why they should be looking to move sooner rather than later. Sitting on their erse in the stands isn't helping that one bit.

Craig_in_Prague
26-08-2016, 08:12 AM

yep; and whilst Hibs are in lower league, Lennon won't be able to offer him starting place as any kind of assurance.
So unless Hibs money is better, I can't see him choosing Hibs - he'll probably want to be considered as a 1st team starter...

J-C
26-08-2016, 08:14 AM

Not overly fussed if he signs or not, the fact he's speaking to a few clubs shows he's more interested in the cash than what the vision of Hibs has to offer, I only want players here who want to play for us, seen too many mercenaries over the years.

Blaster
26-08-2016, 08:18 AM
Not overly fussed if he signs or not, the fact he's speaking to a few clubs shows he's more interested in the cash than what the vision of Hibs has to offer, I only want players here who want to play for us, seen too many mercenaries over the years.

With the other clubs he's meant to be talking to i'd expect if it was solely down to money he'll join us. However I think wherever he goes he'll be looking to play every week and less chance of that if he joins us

Forza Fred
26-08-2016, 08:23 AM

He's looking in the bags of sweeties"........:wink:

Brightside
26-08-2016, 08:27 AM
The attitude of happily sitting in the main stand picking up a wage and not getting on with their careers, yes Danny has been unfortunate but I'm not the only one who was very surprised he got his last deal on the back of really nothing more than a few glimpses. He, Stanton and Harris were told to find new clubs last season with Danny getting his injury that stopped that happening, the same thing has been said this season too, obviously not Danny as again he's still injured but he will be when his injury has cleared up.

These 3 young lad aren't young lads any more and are at an age where they should've been in the team on a regular basis like McGinn and McGeouch but they aint, they just haven't progressed like we would like, it happens in football. They were given long decent deals which benefited us and them, they need regular football and it's not going to be with us unfortunately, hence why they should be looking to move sooner rather than later. Sitting on their erse in the stands isn't helping that one bit.

There is nothing wrong with Danny Handlings attitude.

Also its best not to assume that players are happy to sit on their arse in the stand. If options come for Sammy and Alex i fully expect them to jump at them. They are on buttons and if they don't move on that wont change.

Dalianwanda
26-08-2016, 08:33 AM

Does it not just show that he's looking at the options open to him? Whos to say were not offering more than any of the other clubs quoted in Scotland?

andrew70
26-08-2016, 08:41 AM

Also its best not to assume that players are happy to sit on their arse in the stand. If options come for Sammy and Alex i fully expect them to jump at them. They are on buttons and if they don't move on that wont change.

This, I didn't agree with his tweet regards Scott Allan and 'let the boy move' however he's a good player and we shouldn't write him off too soon. I very much doubt he's happy sitting twiddling his thumbs on a Saturday.

Also when I have seen him play, predominantly for the under 20s, he's always looked one of the better players lets hope he gets that chance to further his career. Very unlucky with injuries.

CapitalGreen
26-08-2016, 08:41 AM
The attitude of happily sitting in the main stand picking up a wage and not getting on with their careers,

What suggests they are happy to sit in the stand picking up a wage? Harris and Stanton both happily went out on loan to get first team football and their is interviews backing up that we were happy to be playing regularly.

yes Danny has been unfortunate but I'm not the only one who was very surprised he got his last deal on the back of really nothing more than a few glimpses.

He had just turned 20 years old and offered a 4 year deal. Did you expect him to reject it? It's not his fault the club offered him 4 years.

Also, compare him to where Riordan was just after turning 20 and there isn't much between the two.

He, Stanton and Harris were told to find new clubs last season with Danny getting his injury that stopped that happening, the same thing has been said this season too, obviously not Danny as again he's still injured but he will be when his injury has cleared up.

Any evidence that they are not looking? Also, the chat is that Lennon wants to retain Harris in the squad.

JDHibs
26-08-2016, 08:44 AM
The lad is trying to do whats best for his career, thats why hes talking to several clubs, cant believe people will find any reason to talk a player down.

He would be coming to us as back up for Gray, he would be a guaranteed starter at teams like Dundee/Partick. Maybe thats why hes having a think?

Not every player is after money to sit on a bench, some actually want to play football, i know that may be hard for some people to believe.

TO suggest all players are just out for money is pathetic, the lad obviously wants to play football and i can understand that! Nothing to do with the size of a club.

flash
26-08-2016, 08:44 AM

Aye how dare he. It's just football not a real job after all.

O'Rourke3
26-08-2016, 08:49 AM

Wow that's a narrow view. Returning to Scotland and seeing whether the City, Ed, Dun, Gla suits. Whether the club and staff feel like the best fit for you and your ambitions so that you are free to play your best. Dinnae come to Hibs mercenary. At least that's a new one on penny pinching.
If it is the money he'd only be talking to teams in England.

JimBHibees
26-08-2016, 08:56 AM
The lad is trying to do whats best for his career, thats why hes talking to several clubs, cant believe people will find any reason to talk a player down.

He would be coming to us as back up for Gray, he would be a guaranteed starter at teams like Dundee/Partick. Maybe thats why hes having a think?

Not every player is after money to sit on a bench, some actually want to play football, i know that may be hard for some people to believe.

TO suggest all players are just out for money is pathetic, the lad obviously wants to play football and i can understand that! Nothing to do with the size of a club.

I would be doing exactly the same in his position to be honest. He is a decent player and at his age this will be a big move for him. While we would think Hibs he will be taking everything into account such as travelling from where he wants to live, the ambitions of the teams, players he may know there, if in a relationship what his wife does or if he has young kids etc. He should take his time and make the right decision, as long as it is us. :greengrin

Billychaotic182
26-08-2016, 09:10 AM
Clicked on this fourm thinking it was about Hately..... Turns out it's a Danny Handling debate fourm.....

Can't we please get back to the topic of Hately. Personally I'm not bothered if he picks other options. As a midfielder he wouldn't be first choice, as a right back he wouldn't be either, not sure if we would play him as a winger? Even so I imagine Boyle would be ahead of him also.

Borderhibbie76
26-08-2016, 09:13 AM
Couldn't agree more if it's cash he is after then the likes of Dundee and Partick are welcome to him. We now have a group of players who are happy here and want to play for us - if he's after a pay day he can bolt elsewhere

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

flash
26-08-2016, 09:17 AM
Couldn't agree more if it's cash he is after then the likes of Dundee and Partick are welcome to him. We now have a group of players who are happy here and want to play for us - if he's after a pay day he can bolt elsewhere

A pay day? From his job? What a despicable character.

Dalianwanda
26-08-2016, 09:19 AM
Clicked on this fourm thinking it was about Hately..... Turns out it's a Danny Handling debate fourm.....

Can't we please get back to the topic of Hately. Personally I'm not bothered if he picks other options. As a midfielder he wouldn't be first choice, as a right back he wouldn't be either, not sure if we would play him as a winger? Even so I imagine Boyle would be ahead of him also.

It was back on track until you posted this :wink:

Borderhibbie76
26-08-2016, 09:21 AM
A pay day? From his job? What a despicable character.
I meant just a big pay day rather than wanting to play for Hibs as well as a pay day. I totally get it their living but look at the likes of Cummings and Mcginn- could easily be playing at a higher level earning more money but they want to be here - that's the attitude we need

jacomo
26-08-2016, 09:21 AM

No club is going to sign Handling while he's injured.

Your comments are unfair.

staunchhibby
26-08-2016, 09:26 AM
I do not think they were specificaly told to find new clubs but were told there first team chances would be limited.Apparently the club is not willing to pay up remainder of contracts.Why should they forego what money is due to them.

JimBHibees
26-08-2016, 09:29 AM
I do not think they were specificaly told to find new clubs but were told there first team chances would be limited.Apparently the club is not willing to pay up remainder of contracts.Why should they forego what money is due to them.

If they have another club to go to they will be getting paid by them and some agreement could be made to part pay up their remaining contract.

CapitalGreen
26-08-2016, 09:31 AM
I meant just a big pay day rather than wanting to play for Hibs as well as a pay day. I totally get it their living but look at the likes of Cummings and Mcginn- could easily be playing at a higher level earning more money but they want to be here - that's the attitude we need

Do you think most of our current players are here because they have an undying love for the club. No they are here because they are being well paid. John McGinn explored his options in the US before signing and Shinnie took time to consider whether he wanted to join too.

Hateley has spent the last 2 years playing regularly at a higher level than Hibs. He is in demand and it is only prudent to explore all the options before making a decision.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-08-2016, 09:44 AM
If we sign him then fine if not no big deal

brog
26-08-2016, 09:55 AM

100% agree. I don't understand why Hibs fans jump all over a lad who's come through our ranks & due to injury hasn't played for 18 months. He also played for Berwick on loan so not sure why anyone would think a young man of 22 is happy to be sitting in the stands injured! I've not seen enough of Danny to be a competent judge of his ability but it's not only AS who thought he had something to offer. He played 55 times for Hibs before the age of 20 & has U-17 & U-21 caps. IIRC he played in our midfield against The Rangers when we horsed them 4-0. Personally I doubt he'll make it at ER now but I hope he proves me & other posters wrong.

sleeping giant
26-08-2016, 09:57 AM
100% agree. I don't understand why Hibs fans jump all over a lad who's come through our ranks & due to injury hasn't played for 18 months. He also played for Berwick on loan so not sure why anyone would think a young man of 22 is happy to be sitting in the stands injured! I've not seen enough of Danny to be a competent judge of his ability but it's not only AS who thought he had something to offer. He played 55 times for Hibs before the age of 20 & has U-17 & U-21 caps. IIRC he played in our midfield against The Rangers when we horsed them 4-0. Personally I doubt he'll make it at ER now but I hope he proves me & other posters wrong.

:agree:

mjhibby
26-08-2016, 10:08 AM
Do you think most of our current players are here because they have an undying love for the club. No they are here because they are being well paid. John McGinn explored his options in the US before signing and Shinnie took time to consider whether he wanted to join too.

Hateley has spent the last 2 years playing regularly at a higher level than Hibs. He is in demand and it is only prudent to explore all the options before making a decision.

I think it is more his agent trying to get the best deal for his client. He wasn't quoted until Lennon showed an interest. I think it will come down to whether he will get a regular game. I doubt he can force his way into our first 11 unless due to injury or suspension. I suspect he will end up at dundee as he has more chance of playing. Money ,I doubt will be a huge factor. Very useful addition the squad if he does come.

pacoluna
26-08-2016, 10:10 AM

His other options being dundee or partick :rolleyes:

JDHibs
26-08-2016, 10:13 AM

Bradford and AFC Wimbledon aswell. Both will no doubt be able to match/beat the wages we will offer.

pacoluna
26-08-2016, 10:17 AM
Bradford and AFC Wimbledon aswell. Both will no doubt be able to match/beat the wages we will offer.

AFC Wimbledon :tee hee: it will be sad day when a player joins them over Hibs. Anyway good luck to him wherever he chooses to be, not particularity fussed if it is Hibs or not.

J-C
26-08-2016, 10:19 AM

Fair do's, I always seem to see a lot of pics of him out drinking with his mates but I respect your insight into a lot of the players at ER.

When I see managers bringing in players ahead of these guys, I'm just baffled why they don't get another club sooner rather than later, their careers seem to stagnating by staying here. I had high hopes for Sammy and Danny but it just hasn't worked out for them so far.

CapitalGreen
26-08-2016, 10:20 AM

He is used to playing top tier football while we have been playing in the Championship for 3 years.

pacoluna
26-08-2016, 10:25 AM
He is used to playing top tier football while we have been playing in the Championship for 3 years.

That is irrelevant if his choice is between dundee,partick,Wimbleon,Bradford or Hibs. It would be naive to say I chose Dundee over hibs because they are in the SPl, I think most people know Hibs are certs to be in the SPL and are a lot more ambitious and appealing than most clubs in the top league.

GreenCastle
26-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Looks like someone has had some fun with his wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Hateley

Would be great if he did sign - would add more strength and depth to our team. Though think maybe the £££ will do the talking elsewhere.

Not quite sure where he would play.

Still think we need a left footed winger with speed.

pacoluna
26-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Looks like someone has had some fun with his wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Hateley

Would be great if he did sign - would add more strength and depth to our team. Though think maybe the £££ will do the talking elsewhere.

Not quite sure where he would play.

Still think we need a left footed winger with speed.
who's patrick thistle? :greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
26-08-2016, 11:50 AM

I do understand what you are getting at but he is more frustrated than anyone about his injuries. He wants to play for Hibs not sit in the stand picking up a wage.

Anyway, think Hateley would be a decent addition.

Seveno
26-08-2016, 11:59 AM
Who is this thread about ? Handling, Stanton, Harris, McGinn, McGeoch, Hately or some other name I have missed?

hibs0666
26-08-2016, 12:01 PM
Who is this thread about ? Handling, Stanton, Harris, McGinn, McGeoch, Hately or some other name I have missed?

It's a complex plot this one with lots of twists and turns.

Seveno
26-08-2016, 12:05 PM
It's a complex plot this one with lots of twists and turns.

Let me know when they release the final episode of the box set.

staunchhibby
26-08-2016, 01:56 PM
More twists and turns than a scenic railway.

spike220
26-08-2016, 02:51 PM

I was hoping we could expand this thread to talk about the hibs shop merchandise too! Or is that too much of a stretch.

Nutmegged
26-08-2016, 03:01 PM
That is irrelevant if his choice is between dundee,partick,Wimbleon,Bradford or Hibs. It would be naive to say I chose Dundee over hibs because they are in the SPl, I think most people know Hibs are certs to be in the SPL and are a lot more ambitious and appealing than most clubs in the top league.
Thats the kinda talk that made most people face palm at the Zombies with their take it for granted entitlement crap.

greenteam
26-08-2016, 05:04 PM
who's patrick thistle? :greengrin

Is that not Billy Conollys team?? Partick Thistle 0.

GreenOnions
26-08-2016, 05:14 PM
More twists and turns than a scenic railway.

... or, indeed, than a twisty, turny thing ☺

ekhibee
26-08-2016, 05:36 PM
This thread should have nothing to do with Handling so some people getting on their high horse about it are just wasting their and everybody else's time. Personally if Hateley retains the ability he had at Motherwell I reckon he'd be a welcome addition to the team. Whether he'd get a regular game is another thing.