PDA

View Full Version : RIP Tom Searle (Architects)

Sylar
21-08-2016, 06:22 PM
The name might not mean much to a lot of people, but Architects' guitarist Tom Searle has passed away at 28 years old.

Architects have been one of the best British bands around for a while now - they combine exceptionally heavy music with highly topical lyrical content and Tom was responsible for some exceptional riffs on the last few albums. I was gutted when they pulled out of Download earlier this year due to a family emergency, and to see someone so talented and at the peak of his musical career go at such a young age after a battle with cancer is truly heartbreaking.

patch1875
21-08-2016, 07:55 PM
Seen it earlier sad news.

Ergye
22-08-2016, 12:49 PM
The name might not mean much to a lot of people, but Architects' guitarist Tom Searle has passed away at 28 years old.

Architects have been one of the best British bands around for a while now - they combine exceptionally heavy music with highly topical lyrical content and Tom was responsible for some exceptional riffs on the last few albums. I was gutted when they pulled out of Download earlier this year due to a family emergency, and to see someone so talented and at the peak of his musical career go at such a young age after a battle with cancer is truly heartbreaking.

I listened to some of their stuff after a recommendation from yourself I think, on the new bands thread, and although I didn't get 'in to it' probably due to my musical tastes changing through maturity and aging, I could hear that there was something really great happening there, and if I were a younger man I'd likely be all over it. Heck I may give them a spin this afternoon when I have some free time. Sade is getting binned. :greengrin

RIP Tom Searle.