PDA

View Full Version : No more goals

PatHead
21-08-2016, 09:24 AM
BBC running a story saying the police told Hearts to take it easy on us just after HoH!

Eh!!!!!!!!!!Never heard that one before.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-37142042

madjock9
21-08-2016, 09:28 AM
BBC running a story saying the police told Hearts to take it easy on us just after HoH!

Could be a case for match fixing

Sent from my UMI_SUPER using Tapatalk

Hibee87
21-08-2016, 09:30 AM

I've been told this numerous times from them mutants, always thought it was made up pish

Finn2015
21-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Very odd story but I can't imagine them lot easing up in any way from giving us a doing

CockneyRebel
21-08-2016, 09:40 AM
I've been told this numerous times from them mutants, always thought it was made up pish

This is surely yet another twist to get a headline. No way would police enter a dressing room and say "Don't score any more goals". They probably advised the players that things could get out of hand and to be prepared to leave the pitch if there was a pitch invasion - or something like that. This is just jamboid make believe nonsense meant to ridicule Hibs so best to just ignore (maybe I should have done that).

HibbyAndy
21-08-2016, 09:42 AM
:hilarious

Aye ok.

Danderhall Hibs
Sandy Clark "nah that's not happening".

The match finished 3-0.

Finn2015
This is surely yet another twist to get a headline. No way would police enter a dressing room and say "Don't score any more goals". They probably advised the players that things could get out of hand and to be prepared to leave the pitch if there was a pitch invasion - or something like that. This is just jamboid make believe nonsense meant to ridicule Hibs so best to just ignore (maybe I should have done that).

True and let's face it, they have stepped it up recently s a result of us breaking the SC hoodoo. Reeks of desperation

emerald green
21-08-2016, 09:43 AM
Who was the mystery "senior police officer" Robertson is referring to? I smell s****.:fibber:

Danderhall Hibs
21-08-2016, 09:49 AM
I don't know why anyone would take this seriously.

They told us they didn't bump the poppy charity as well.

Danderhall Hibs
21-08-2016, 09:50 AM
Who was the mystery "senior police officer" Robertson is referring to? I smell s****.:fibber:

It was a DI Rebus apparently.

emerald green
21-08-2016, 09:52 AM
It was a DI Rebus apparently.

:greengrin :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Considering how long ago that the HoH story happened it was decent of Hearts to extend the advice to last year's Scottish Cup. I haven't looked at any of the on line stuff about this series but I am hoping that it makes the point that this takeover wasn't about Hearts or even Hearts fans but Wallace "customers " Mercer who despite having obvious business acumen didn't seem to get the emotional attachment that fans have for their team.

iwasthere1972
21-08-2016, 10:24 AM
It was only because the big policeman had a fiver (a lot of Wonga back then) on Hearts winning 3-0 HT/FT.

You heard it here first.:agree:

CRAZYHIBBY
21-08-2016, 10:32 AM
I'm pretty certain that mcleish shouted no goals during the 6-2 game...it's near the end when we were up 6 1

snooky
21-08-2016, 10:50 AM
I always felt that they took it easy on us in the 5-1 game. We were there for a bigger drubbing. I always put it down to their manager at the time that they took their foot off the gas. Some (probably a lot) will disagree with me, but that's how I saw it.
Re. the 0-3 story, nae chance.

Ringothedog
21-08-2016, 10:58 AM
I always felt that they took it easy on us in the 5-1 game. We were there for a bigger drubbing. I always put it down to their manager at the time that they took their foot off the gas. Some (probably a lot) will disagree with me, but that's how I saw it.

Probably the same as the 0-7 game, when we deffo took our foot off the pedal, that should have been a bigger drubbing with a minimum of 10.

SunshineOnLeith
21-08-2016, 11:14 AM

I know a few Hearts fans who agree with that. Sergio had them ease off when someone like Gary Locke would have had them going for a cricket score.

Just Alf
21-08-2016, 11:21 AM
From what i know via a family member in the polis at the time that was pretty much it... they were also unequivocally warned that if there was a goal (on either side) and the players over celebrated etc then they would face incitement charges if anything happened within the crowd.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Broken Gnome
21-08-2016, 11:33 AM
I know a few Hearts fans who agree with that. Sergio had them ease off when someone like Gary Locke would have had them going for a cricket score.

4-1 at Tynecastle in late 2005/early 2006 could've been an utter doing after they went 4-0 up against ten men. Eased off again for some reason, plus we saved face pretty well.

EastCalderHibby
21-08-2016, 11:37 AM

Funny they cant run a proper story such as charity so close to their hearts gets bumped ,local business's closed due to being bumped the list as we and the bbc know is a very long one .Or the many things at castle greyskull in the last wee while they just wont write about

Green Reaper
21-08-2016, 11:43 AM
I'm pretty certain that mcleish shouted no goals during the 6-2 game...it's near the end when we were up 6 1

Shouting to our defenders

Galahibby
21-08-2016, 11:46 AM
I smell... 💩💩💩💩💩

snooky
21-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Probably the same as the 0-7 game, when we deffo took our foot off the pedal, that should have been a bigger drubbing with a minimum of 10.

I think Ned told them otherwise and says so on the 0-7 video.
Something along the lines of "don't let up because they would do the same to you."

Bostonhibby
21-08-2016, 12:11 PM

Probably mean it's what Bobby seith was on his hands and knees begging Eddie Turnbull to do at half time on New year's day 1973

GreenLake
21-08-2016, 12:13 PM
George Salmond said "You can't have yin without yang." He must talk a lot of yin when he is at home then.

Pretty Boy
21-08-2016, 12:20 PM
I've heard this story a few times over the years and my answer is always 'who cares?'

Ok, Hearts could have taken 5 or 6 or even 7 of us at ER but firstly they didn't and secondly in the grand scheme of things a victory on the park was worth far, far less than the one we acheived off it that summer. When all the Mercer stuff is cast up by them as sone form of superiority I always remind them that we won.

half.time.draw.
21-08-2016, 12:49 PM
Did the polis also warn Hibs not to score

Spike Mandela
21-08-2016, 12:58 PM
The 3-0 Millenium derby at Tynie was a great win but Russel Latapy alone should have had a hat trick. Missed a glorious chance for a cricket score that day.

Hibernia&Alba
21-08-2016, 01:50 PM
Another wet dream of some Pinocchio poster on Kickback. What a load of nonsense.

Kojock
21-08-2016, 01:58 PM

I have a fair idea who the senior police officer was and it's the crazy thing he would have done.

Edson Arantes
21-08-2016, 02:26 PM

My uncle tells me it was Paulo Sergio that told them to stop.

Saying that, my uncle drinks a lot.

WoreTheGreen
21-08-2016, 02:29 PM

Mostly from puddles?

Edson Arantes
21-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Mostly from puddles?

:greengrin Probably!

Hes a Hearts fan. :rolleyes:

WoreTheGreen
21-08-2016, 02:42 PM
Your uncle maybe your aunty who know s

Pete
21-08-2016, 03:03 PM
Even though nobody scored any more, hearts players (and probably hibs players) ignored police advice. I don't know what their point is.

As for this stuff about Sergio telling them to ease up in 2012, I don't believe a word of it. Made up crap to try and belittle us as a club and I'm surprised anyone even entertains it.

They didn't ease up when it was 2-0 at half time, they just bottled it.

LithgaeHibby
21-08-2016, 03:03 PM
Not sure if this is true but I can see how the story would come about. The atmosphere that day was absolutely poisonous - the worst I've ever experienced at a Hibs match. The media were bigging it up before hand about how Hibs had the chance to put one over them on the pitch after surviving Mercer's takeover attempt. Instead things didn't go our way and we lost an early goal (Pat McGinlay og later credited to Fat Robbo) and then two more in the first half. Here's a good story about the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJqRhywwYKU. After the first and second goals there were pitch invasions and the sways in the Hibs end were unbelievable. I was in the old East Terracing and the crushing was pretty bad. The referee took the players off one at least one occasion - maybe two. How far we've come since that day!

Pete
21-08-2016, 03:14 PM

Yeah, it's kind of a hearts supporters thing that I wouldn't give any credit to. If you're 5-1 up in a cup final you ease off, even subconsciously as the work has been done.

For them to make out that they were that superior a team that they could have scored five more if their sympathetic manager hadn't begged them to stop is fanciful, jamboish nonsense.

Beefster
21-08-2016, 03:19 PM
Now that they don't have the Scottish Cup to crow about, I expect them to make up a few bits of fantasy to demonstrate how much better than us they are and try and gloss over the fact that they can rationalise their fleecing of pensioners, taxpayers and charities.

FWIW, at half-time, Pat Stanton begged the Hibs team to go easy in the second half of the 0-7 game. Due to Stanton's legendary class and generosity, we only scored another 2 so that we didn't end up humiliating them or anything.

SunshineOnLeith
21-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Yeah, it's kind of a hearts supporters thing that I wouldn't give any credit to. If you're 5-1 up in a cup final you ease off, even subconsciously as the work has been done.

For them to make out that they were that superior a team that they could have scored five more if their sympathetic manager hadn't begged them to stop is fanciful, jamboish nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting Sergio told them to ease off, just that he accepted the inevitable easing off because the game was well won.

The theory is that a Jambo manager like Locke would have been at them to keep going with the same intensity and really run up a score.

Nakedmanoncrack
21-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Not sure if this is true but I can see how the story would come about. The atmosphere that day was absolutely poisonous - the worst I've ever experienced at a Hibs match. The media were bigging it up before hand about how Hibs had the chance to put one over them on the pitch after surviving Mercer's takeover attempt. Instead things didn't go our way and we lost an early goal (Pat McGinlay og later credited to Fat Robbo) and then two more in the first half. Here's a good story about the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJqRhywwYKU. After the first and second goals there were pitch invasions and the sways in the Hibs end were unbelievable. I was in the old East Terracing and the crushing was pretty bad. The referee took the players off one at least one occasion - maybe two. How far we've come since that day!

:agree:

Agreed, the game was close to being abandoned and I'd have been surprised if senior officers didn't speak to the players at half time /during the stoppages, not that far fetched a story & as he says Clark & the Hearts players ignored the "advice" anyway.

emerald green
21-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Now that they don't have the Scottish Cup to crow about, I expect them to make up a few bits of fantasy to demonstrate how much better than us they are and try and gloss over the fact that they can rationalise their fleecing of pensioners, taxpayers and charities.

FWIW, at half-time, Pat Stanton begged the Hibs team to go easy in the second half of the 0-7 game. Due to Stanton's legendary class and generosity, we only scored another 2 so that we didn't end up humiliating them or anything.

Eddie Turnbull was very unhappy that Hibs players took the foot off the gas in the second half of the 0-7 game. Hearts were totally at Hibs mercy at H-T, they looked completely shell-shocked and demoralised, and it really should have been double figures by full time.

IIRC I think Hibs needed to win by 6 goals to go top of the league that day.

Ricky Bobby
21-08-2016, 05:21 PM
A non story that has been rubbished by other Hearts players in the dressing room at the time.
Victory over a poor side yesterday and lies from the fat man have the yams messing themselves today.

The_Horde
21-08-2016, 05:23 PM
Shows just how much 7-0 still hurts them. Aye we could've scored more but *enter mythical creature* told us not to score again.

Bishop Hibee
21-08-2016, 05:31 PM
Hertz rubbish along the same lines as "Mercer saved you by trying to buy you" or "most Hertz fans opposed the merger". Guff.

Robertson has my respect for standing up against the takeover which irked most Jambos but he's embarrassing himself by making things up.

21-08-2016, 05:38 PM
I strongly smell bull**** but even if this did happen I highly doubt they would have eased up on us and miss out on giving us a humiliating doing.

hibbypostie
21-08-2016, 06:22 PM
they need this so they can make a song up their back catalogue is getting a bit thin

Diclonius
21-08-2016, 06:34 PM

I said that at the time during the game. After 4-1 they suddenly backed off and kept the ball in their own half.

Libby Hibby
21-08-2016, 06:36 PM
What a bizarre story...why now? Why some 25 years after the event...it's almost as if they need something, anything to slag us about...phannies

Joe6-2
21-08-2016, 06:38 PM
B. S.

weecounty hibby
21-08-2016, 06:45 PM
In the top ten most read stories on BBC news site. Yams must be creaming themselves about this and it will become "reality" in their sad wee lives . Just as the unbeaten run in Alex Millers time has somehow turned in to 22 wins. Total fantasists

Nakedmanoncrack
21-08-2016, 06:48 PM
What a bizarre story...why now? Why some 25 years after the event...it's almost as if they need something, anything to slag us about...phannies

What is there to slap us about?
He doesn't claim that they eased off, the complete opposite :confused:

marinello59
21-08-2016, 07:13 PM
I strongly smell bull**** but even if this did happen I highly doubt they would have eased up on us and miss out on giving us a humiliating doing.

According to the story they didn't ease up on us. So it's bull shot all round from them. Why on earth does anybody listen to them?

Bostonhibby
21-08-2016, 07:15 PM
Any one heard the one about them winning the Champions League by 2008? I guess they just went easy on the eventual winners that year.

Bell ends, the lot of them.

macca70
21-08-2016, 07:21 PM
I said that at the time during the game. After 4-1 they suddenly backed off and kept the ball in their own half.

Because they had a comfortable lead and wanted to close the game off, last thing they want in a Cup Final 4-1 up is an open end to end game.

Just close it out and no need to take any risks just keep the ball. Nothing to do with going easy on us.

JimBHibees
21-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Story sounds like yam attention seeking bull. Best ignored.

Bostonhibby
21-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Someone told me that they were originally going to try to shaft over 200 creditors out of their money, but in the end they went easy on them and settled for bumping just the 198.

Kojock
21-08-2016, 07:53 PM
I have a fair idea who the senior police officer was and it's the crazy thing he would have done.

The match commander that day wasn't the guy who I thought would be daft enough to say something like that. However I can confirm that a senior officer after consultation with the referee did visit both dressing rooms at half time and told both teams that any more pitch incursions would lead to the match being abandoned. At no time did he tell Hearts players not to score.

Hibernia&Alba
21-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Another '400,000 fans' and 'best derby record in the world' fantasy. Some of them are fantasists who can't engage with the real world.

The Captain....
21-08-2016, 08:01 PM
Hertz rubbish along the same lines as "Mercer saved you by trying to buy you" or "most Hertz fans opposed the merger". Guff.

Robertson has my respect for standing up against the takeover which irked most Jambos but he's embarrassing himself by making things up.

Its bull****, as another couple of posters have said, other Hearts players in the dressing room that day say it never happened. Robbo did attend a HoH rally I remember at the height of the protests which took guts, but he is mischief making with this, or has told the story so many times he;s started to believe it himself.

EastCalderHibby
21-08-2016, 08:04 PM

You are 100% correct:agree::agree:

EastCalderHibby
21-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Someone told me that they were originally going to try to shaft over 200 creditors out of their money, but in the end they went easy on them and settled for bumping just the 198.

Sure robbo's wife was getting shafted by a hibbie as well:greengrin

BS44
21-08-2016, 08:15 PM

You're not a Hibs fan. And your uncle is a g u n t

JimBHibees
21-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Don't underestimate how much our Scottish cup win has messed with their deluded sense of superiority.

cabbageandribs1875
21-08-2016, 08:36 PM

the nawty boy was a Dundee united defender

don't think he was a hibby though iirc

EastCalderHibby
21-08-2016, 08:51 PM
the nawty boy was a Dundee united defender

don't think he was a hibby though iirc

you may be right but i am sure we used to sing to him shes getting humped by a hibbie at derbys

Off the bar
21-08-2016, 09:16 PM
you may be right but i am sure we used to sing to him shes getting humped by a hibbie at derbys

I remember singing that at Colin Cameron, although the exact wording wasn't humped!

Kato
22-08-2016, 01:51 PM
One foray onto the Scotsman/EEN message boards shows how many lies and much fiction they are willing to make-up/swallow about Hibs.

Absolute roasters.

Bostonhibby
22-08-2016, 02:29 PM
One foray onto the Scotsman/EEN message boards shows how many lies and much fiction they are willing to make-up/swallow about Hibs.

Absolute roasters.

My mate up there described it to me as a place where feeble minded believers can get together to reinforce their own "unusual" beliefs whilst at the same getting some consolation for being made to look complete roasters by Romanov.

jacomo
22-08-2016, 02:38 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting Sergio told them to ease off, just that he accepted the inevitable easing off because the game was well won.

The theory is that a Jambo manager like Locke would have been at them to keep going with the same intensity and really run up a score.

A Jambo like Locke would have Heartsed it.

I've heard Jeffries can't go to Gorgie anymore lest he hears a 5-1 reference. It takes him straight back to the 2007 LC Final.

Deansy
22-08-2016, 03:00 PM
Yet another 'story' creeping out of the PBS having a dig at us - wonder if they'll ever notice that this type of behaviour is always one-way traffic ?. I've no doubt whatsoever that the likes of Pat Stanton, Jimmy O'Rourke, George Stewart, Jackie MacNamara etc ALL have wee tales to tell about their opposite-numbers at the 'Charity Thieves FC' but with them being members of Edinburgh's one-and-only (not forgetting GENUINE !) 'BIG team', they just have too much class and breeding to lower themselves to the jambo's level*.

* A level that appears to be dropping further since 'Playing within their means' became the norm .................. strange, eh !

22-08-2016, 05:14 PM
Even though nobody scored any more, hearts players (and probably hibs players) ignored police advice. I don't know what their point is.

As for this stuff about Sergio telling them to ease up in 2012, I don't believe a word of it. Made up crap to try and belittle us as a club and I'm surprised anyone even entertains it.

They didn't ease up when it was 2-0 at half time, they just bottled it.

Complete and utter bollocks. They would have loved to top our 7 score.

Aldo
22-08-2016, 05:59 PM
I would suggest that if the Match Commander (the Senior Police Officer) had any hint of bother by or even between either sets of fans and it put the players at risk then he had a responsibility to tell them.

If it was that bad then he could have and probably should have abandoned the game with the players safe in the dressing rooms!

As for telling the yams to go easy..... Don't make me laugh!! That is pure and utter Bollox.

If they could have scored more they would have simple as that. Once again the roasters at the BBC do what they do best.

Make up a pile of utter ***** *

*evidence is the complete and utter crap about Cup Final

Pete
22-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Complete and utter bollocks. They would have loved to top our 7 score.

Who is "they"? If it's hearts fans then I agree but that's not what I mean. I was saying that I don't believe that their manager told them to take their foot off the gas. Why would he?

Also, why can't people just disagree with others without resorting to aggressive language?

Big L
22-08-2016, 06:43 PM

Who was the Hibby wi crap taste?

HIBBYSTU T
22-08-2016, 06:48 PM
Alleged J C Dundee Utd.:na na: