PDA

View Full Version : Another full house this week

InchHibby
21-08-2016, 08:38 AM
Let's keep up the momentum with another sell out this week against Morton.
The team deserves our backing, get these tickets bought.

iwasthere1972
21-08-2016, 09:30 AM

Another sell out. Now when and where did I hear this last? True on that occasion but normally a loadapish.

https://youtu.be/c-vTuUH5Gv4

Finn2015
21-08-2016, 09:33 AM
Don't think we will see as many as the pars game and Morton probably won't bring as many fans even though I'm sure a few local yams will continue their strange obsession with getting in our away end

Flanny boy
21-08-2016, 02:28 PM

I guess 14,000 for this one

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2016, 02:34 PM

When was the last sellout?

Bothar Casca
21-08-2016, 02:37 PM
When was the last sellout?

I think the cup game vs Hearts was technically a sell out but wasn't a full house.

California-Hibs
21-08-2016, 05:20 PM
Get those tickets bought guys! The 16k was a really good healthy sight and definitely played a part in our win. Bigger crowds install more confidence in the players!

BT58
21-08-2016, 05:29 PM
13500 i reckon. Morton wont bring a large crowd. Were due payback from last season. Keep the run going. All things crossed.

Dashing Bob S
21-08-2016, 05:47 PM
13500 i reckon. Morton wont bring a large crowd. Were due payback from last season. Keep the run going. All things crossed.

Can't see there being more than 200 Morton. I think 12,800 Hibs, so 13,000.

Keith_M
21-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Last week's attendance was fantastic but it wasn't a full house

:confused:

NAE NOOKIE
21-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Last week's attendance was fantastic but it wasn't a full house

:confused:

Exactly .... a full house at ER is over 20,000.

Having said that, a decent and realistic aim is doing our best to sell out all 3 stands that are normally reserved for Hibs fans, if we can do that we will be achieving a better average crowd than we have had in over 40 years and that will more than do for me.

Dashing Bob S
21-08-2016, 06:14 PM
Exactly .... a full house at ER is over 20,000.

Having said that, a decent and realistic aim is doing our best to sell out all 3 stands that are normally reserved for Hibs fans, if we can do that we will be achieving a better average crowd than we have had in over 40 years and that will more than do for me.

Yes, for our purposes a full house is around 16K and whatever the away fans bring. We were about 500 short of that at the Dunfermline game. I suspect we'll be about 3,-3.5K down for Morton game and won't get back to that level till we play Dundee United or Raith (assuming the stay in promo hunt), but I'd love to be proven wrong and have us hitting 15K home fans every game.

21-08-2016, 06:19 PM
This team deserve a big crowd. Lets make it another memorable season and turn Easter Road into a noisy place where teams dread coming :thumbsup:

Finn2015
21-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Can't see there being more than 200 Morton. I think 12,800 Hibs, so 13,000.

Hibs 13,000
Morton 300
Jumbos 100
☺️

Enough said
21-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Yes, for our purposes a full house is around 16K and whatever the away fans bring. We were about 500 short of that at the Dunfermline game. I suspect we'll be about 3,-3.5K down for Morton game and won't get back to that level till we play Dundee United or Raith (assuming the stay in promo hunt), but I'd love to be proven wrong and have us hitting 15K home fans every game.

What are you expecting the home crowd to be ? Anything over 13 would be great?

Sir David Gray
21-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Just checked the seat counter thing online and it looks like we'll be getting a lot more than 13,000.

There's not that much availability in any of the three home stands so I would say that an attendance of around 15,000 could be on the cards.

Enough said
21-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Just checked the seat counter thing online and it looks like we'll be getting a lot more than 13,000.

There's not that much availability in any of the three home stands so I would say that an attendance of around 15,000 could be on the cards.
Great effort from fans! 👍🏻

Jpdhfc
21-08-2016, 08:31 PM
Friends up from down south so just bought eight glory glory

cabbageandribs1875
21-08-2016, 08:40 PM

Finn2015
21-08-2016, 09:21 PM

That would be a fantastic response.

Dashing Bob S
21-08-2016, 09:45 PM

If we get 15,000 against Morton, or even close to it, something clearly is brewing around the club, as Lennon might say.

Our neighbours will be most upset.

Finn2015
21-08-2016, 10:05 PM
If we get 15,000 against Morton, or even close to it, something clearly is brewing around the club, as Lennon might say.

Our neighbours will be most upset.

They will be contributing to it if their recent stalking continues

Dashing Bob S
21-08-2016, 10:30 PM
They will be contributing to it if their recent stalking continues

They might as well just buy ST's.

Col2
21-08-2016, 10:31 PM
A very very rough dot count from me and I reckon we have 900-1100 in east left, about 800 - 1000 in famous five and about 1300-1500 in west so say 3500 available would suggest then 12500 sold.

Assume sales of another 1k min pre game and another 1.5k walk ups plus 250 Morton less season ticket no shows than c14k.

monktonharp
21-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Don't think we will see as many as the pars game and Morton probably won't bring as many fans even though I'm sure a few local yams will continue their strange obsession with getting in our away endsorry but I don't get your obsession with these huge numbers of gorgie punters attending our hame games.We should see a better than average turnout, because of the recent signings added to our good win win situation but the Morton fans could make a difference of 500 or so. I do not like to try and make fun of any club's numbers , if they are prepared to turn up and support their team then fair play to them. Greenock Morton are a long established club with some standing which can easily be compared to better supported West of Scotland teams who have only recently been formed:wink:

Dashing Bob S
21-08-2016, 10:47 PM
A very very rough dot count from me and I reckon we have 900-1100 in east left, about 800 - 1000 in famous five and about 1300-1500 in west so say 3500 available would suggest then 12500 sold.

Assume sales of another 1k min pre game and another 1.5k walk ups plus 250 Morton less season ticket no shows than c14k.

Heartening news. Seems to indicate that for most people the Dunfermline game was no one-off.

Sir David Gray
21-08-2016, 10:55 PM

I would expect Saturday's crowd to be somewhere in the region of between 14-15,000.

Ergye
21-08-2016, 10:57 PM
Don't think we will see as many as the pars game and Morton probably won't bring as many fans even though I'm sure a few local yams will continue their strange obsession with getting in our away end

Indeed.

They come in their droves my friend. Like a middle aged man escaping the family home and a loveless, rotten marriage going down to the local sexy modern bar to check out the talent that they can never hope to have.

monktonharp
21-08-2016, 11:10 PM
Indeed.

They come in their droves my friend. Like a middle aged man escaping the family home and a loveless, rotten marriage going down to the local sexy modern bar to check out the talent that they can never hope to have.Agree, to a certain degree but young men too, and most will be, do have a certain passion or want , nay need to join with others that can enjoy an occasion when the opposition are distraught when losing. On this forthcoming occasion, I feel that they will be undone.

Ergye
21-08-2016, 11:17 PM
Agree, to a certain degree but young men too, and most will be, do have a certain passion or want , nay need to join with others that can enjoy an occasion when the opposition are distraught when losing. On this forthcoming occasion, I feel that they will be undone.

I think you may have missed the point of my metaphor my friend. Either that or I'm not as drunk as I should be and nothing is making any sense.

In any case, can we agree that Hertz are poop and the majority of their fans are looking for a way to escape their hoofball hell. Many have joined ISIS but I, as a good fella am willing to accept the ones that want to live, and thrive.

GGTTH.

cabbageandribs1875
21-08-2016, 11:38 PM
I think you may have missed the point of my metaphor my friend. Either that or I'm not as drunk as I should be and nothing is making any sense.

In any case, can we agree that Hertz are poop and the majority of their fans are looking for a way to escape their hoofball hell. Many have joined ISIS but I, as a good fella am willing to accept the ones that want to live, and thrive.

GGTTH.

as much as i can dislike the grunts....that's maybe a tad too far ?

monktonharp
21-08-2016, 11:45 PM

GGTTH.I too, am more sober than normal on this forum at this time on an early Monday, yet, I shall agree that the gorgie hordes may indeed be looking for an outlet from their continual frustration or to a certain degree , Hell. they have had a result this week, that may invigorate them and drive them back to their spiritual home but this is purely temporary in my view.

Dashing Bob S
21-08-2016, 11:47 PM

GGTTH.

This is unfair and in very bad taste.

ISIS would have nothing to do with such a disreputable outfit.

monktonharp
21-08-2016, 11:49 PM
as much as i can dislike the grunts....that's maybe a tad too far ?I agree that his quote is slighty OTT, but the poster may purely be trying to get his point over, or vent his feelings re-our gorgie chums.

monktonharp
21-08-2016, 11:50 PM

ISIS would have nothing to do with such a disreputable outfit.some may say:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
21-08-2016, 11:54 PM
I agree that his quote is slighty OTT, but the poster may purely be trying to get his point over, or vent his feelings re-our gorgie chums.

i've not had alcohol since the SC parade....maybe i'm just needing a swally :)

Ergye
22-08-2016, 01:21 AM

The only way to go after religious murder is Hibernian FC.

Some may say the Hibees come first.

I am saying nothing Mr Bob.

Hermit Crab
22-08-2016, 01:25 AM
I would expect a good crowd, after all there is already a scramble for Dumbarton tickets before they've even went on sale so clearly these folk will attend the home games too. :greengrin

California-Hibs
22-08-2016, 02:12 AM
Incredible if we follow up a 16k attendance with around 14k! If we go the whole season maintaining the home attendance between 13-16k that would be simply incredible and something to be proud of. It can be done!!

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2016, 03:19 AM
Incredible if we follow up a 16k attendance with around 14k! If we go the whole season maintaining the home attendance between 13-16k that would be simply incredible and something to be proud of. It can be done!!

1.5K half ST's and then 15K ST's next season back in the top tier...

Keith_M
22-08-2016, 06:29 AM
Re The Dot Count:

Don't they remove a large number from the online sales to sell the tickets at the pods?

hibs0666
22-08-2016, 06:35 AM
Re The Dot Count:

Don't they remove a large number from the online sales to sell the tickets at the pods?

Nope.

scoopyboy
22-08-2016, 06:56 AM
Re The Dot Count:

They do nearer the game, otherwise there would be no tickets to buy at the pods.:greengrin

California-Hibs
22-08-2016, 08:07 AM
1.5K half ST's and then 15K ST's next season back in the top tier...

On the back of us selling 11k for this season in the Championship I've already been pondering just how many we might get upon our Premiership return next year, and I don't think you're too far off the mark! Could be around 14k, with walk ups and away crowds we could (could) be looking at crowds between 15-16k regularly (21k at the biggies) at Easter Road next season!

The Scottish Cup win has lifted this club massively!

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2016, 12:14 PM
On the back of us selling 11k for this season in the Championship I've already been pondering just how many we might get upon our Premiership return next year, and I don't think you're too far off the mark! Could be around 14k, with walk ups and away crowds we could (could) be looking at crowds between 15-16k regularly (21k at the biggies) at Easter Road next season!

The Scottish Cup win has lifted this club massively!

I'm delighted that Dempster is running the show. She really seems to get how much winning the cup has lifted the morale of the club and the opportunity it presents to grow the fan base.

JDHibs
22-08-2016, 12:38 PM
I imagine we will average around 13.5k attendance this season!

13k Hibs and the rest away support.

California-Hibs
22-08-2016, 01:39 PM
I imagine we will average around 13.5k attendance this season!

13k Hibs and the rest away support.

Which is superb! A pet hate of mine was seeing the attendances drop bellow 10k. That was always a real low for me after dropping out the Premier League. Happy that we won't be seeing those bellow 10k attendances any more!

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2016, 01:51 PM

I have a friend who has Joined ISIS in Blackpool, very handy with a razor. :wink:

Smartie
22-08-2016, 02:00 PM
They might as well just buy ST's.

Maybe we should launch an away season ticket for the South Stand at Easter Road?

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2016, 02:59 PM
What are you expecting the home crowd to be ? Anything over 13 would be great?

Like many I thought the Dunfermline attendance was a one-off in wake of the cup win but it seems it's had a deeper impact on the support. I'm revising my view of 12.5 to around 14k. I think we might see some strange attendances this season.

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2016, 03:02 PM
I have a friend who has Joined ISIS in Blackpool, very handy with a razor. :wink:

Brilliant! "I think sir could do with a little more off the top. So I'm going to go down to the neck..."

Ergye
22-08-2016, 04:52 PM
Brilliant! "I think sir could do with a little more off the top. So I'm going to go down to the neck..."

Shame on you Sir.

Joking about beheadings is extremely thoughtless, reckless and tactless In the current climate of fear we are forced to live in.

Tsk tsk. I can't imagine any situation where a man may be able to laugh and find such barbaric acts funny.

Unless perhaps there were clowns involved.

Col2
22-08-2016, 06:59 PM
I counted painfully 1005 available in east stand but can't face counting anymore!!

Anyone got a better way of doing this?

Let's build some momentum...

Pretty Boy
22-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Anyone post one of they pictures of the stadium plan from the ticketing site?

Doesn't work on my phone browser.

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2016, 07:23 PM
I counted painfully 1005 available in east stand but can't face counting anymore!!

We have to get Callum back on the case.

Never mind chasing women, Callum, they are only after your money. We need your dot counting rigor and tenacity!

andyf5
22-08-2016, 07:38 PM

Never mind chasing women, Callum, they are only after your money. We need your dot counting rigor and tenacity!

17341 dots for east here. I'm no counting them

Jake
22-08-2016, 07:55 PM

If we can get 13000+ for the Morton game that will be good. We will have some big crowds this season - there are a couple of guys at work who have bought season tickets but have said they won't attend many of the games.

Col2
22-08-2016, 07:55 PM

If he put as much effort into dot counting than he does chasing skirt we would have hourly updates in here and social media.

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2016, 08:41 PM
If he put as much effort into dot counting than he does chasing skirt we would have hourly updates in here and social media.

I should maybe do the dot counting, given the title of the thread. I don't know about Hibs, but it's been around 2002 since I last had a full house.

Billy Whizz
22-08-2016, 08:49 PM
If we can get 13000+ for the Morton game that will be good. We will have some big crowds this season - there are a couple of guys at work who have bought season tickets but have said they won't attend many of the games.

Any idea how many we got for the home Morton games last season, admittedly one was a week night game

BullsCloseHibs
22-08-2016, 09:02 PM

Quite enjoying this continued Jumbo obsession with us. It's a win win situation. We win all the time. We get their cash. Sweet 😊

Highland_Hibee
22-08-2016, 11:13 PM
Train down booked. Arrive in Edin at 2:23. I hope I get down early enough to get one of those programs. There was no vendors in sight by the time I made it to ER for the Dunfermline game.

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2016, 12:45 AM
Quite enjoying this continued Jumbo obsession with us. It's a win win situation. We win all the time. We get their cash. Sweet 😊

We should be aggressively pushing away season tickets for Hearts fans through their supporters websites. Even selling just 1% to Hearts fanbase would be 4,000, and it would sell out the South Stand and ensure some 20,500 capacity crowds. We could offer inducements, like a father and daughters and sons toileting facilities. Instead of commemorative stones, we could have a commemorative sex offenders list.

JimBHibees
23-08-2016, 06:14 AM
We should be aggressively pushing away season tickets for Hearts fans through their supporters websites. Even selling just 1% to Hearts fanbase would be 4,000, and it would sell out the South Stand and ensure some 20,500 capacity crowds. We could offer inducements, like a father and daughters and sons toileting facilities. Instead of commemorative stones, we could have a commemorative sex offenders list.

:not worth :faf:

Salt N Sauzee
23-08-2016, 10:31 AM

take a bow

23-08-2016, 11:22 AM

If you build it, they will come.

LancashireHibby
23-08-2016, 07:08 PM
If you build it, they will come.
Is that in the same vein as the Hearts-related suggestion above?

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Do Jambos come up as dots or crosses in seating plan?

Finn2015
23-08-2016, 08:32 PM

Genius 👍

ben johnson
23-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Train down booked. Arrive in Edin at 2:23. I hope I get down early enough to get one of those programs. There was no vendors in sight by the time I made it to ER for the Dunfermline game.

Send a PM and I will get you a programme. I'm down in plenty of time and will meet you at ticket office after the game or you can uplift at Hibs Club after the match.

BullsCloseHibs
24-08-2016, 10:05 AM

We could play that 1983 track 'Obsession' by Animotion over the PA - very appropriate.:greengrin

northstandhibby
24-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Tickets appear to be selling very well for the Morton game. I estimate another very good attendance turning out this saturday and being around the 14500-15500 mark.

:aok:

Mon the Cabbage

Col2
24-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Any dot counters? I counted 1005 remaining in east on Monday.

scoopyboy
24-08-2016, 11:17 AM
Any dot counters? I counted 1005 remaining in east on Monday.

Not got exact numbers but less than 1000 in the East now.

Sections 39 to 43 have less than 200 total. 38 has 100 at a guess. Section 44 was green this morning but I think may change to yellow very soon. That only leaves the wee end sections 37 and 45 which only really sell at the end.

In the FF there was only 68 left in the bottom tier this morning, more in the upper with sections 22 and 25 still green.

In the west not a lot of seats left in sections 3,4,5,6 and 7, maybe 100 total. Sections 12,13 and 14 in the upper less than 30 total. Sections 1,2,9,10,11 and 15 still green.

At a guess I reckon 13,500 just now which is good going for a Wednesday.

Section 49 which is the hospitality/comps area is a mystery really as it is always unavailable for online purchases. IMO this area is too big.