SouthMoroccoStu
20-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Another transfer thread

With Shinnie and Graham now in.

Who's next to join the ranks

1 or 2 more?

HibsNutter
20-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Whoever becomes available, who is better than what we have already and is affordable.

Diclonius
20-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Mackay-Steven or Henderson is my bet.

Jim44
20-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Mackay-Steven or Henderson is my bet.

Henderson got 30 minutes today. He gave away a penalty, otherwise I don't know how he got on. I get the impression he's steadily drifting out of our sights. But who knows?

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2016, 08:00 PM
i'm willing to bet a nice shiny brand new €2 coin that liam henderson will not be plying his trade at ER this season

https://www.ecb.europa.eu/euro/coins/common/shared/img/newcommon_2euro.gif

*unless we get sellick at ER in the SC :wink:

Billy Whizz
20-08-2016, 08:01 PM
Henderson got 30 minutes today. He gave away a penalty, otherwise I don't know how he got on. I get the impression he's steadily drifting out of our sights. But who knows?

Wondering where Henderson would fit into out team now, we've got Keatings and Shinnie in that forward position now

Diclonius
20-08-2016, 08:06 PM
i'm willing to bet a nice shiny brand new €2 coin that liam henderson will not be plying his trade at ER this season

I admire your confidence, that coin's probably worth around £50 by now!

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2016, 08:12 PM
I admire your confidence, that coin's probably worth around £50 by now!

ha, good point

the bet still stands though :)

IberianHibernian
20-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Another transfer thread

1 or 2 more?Will probably depend on who leaves permanently or on loan . If noone leaves , only possible signing would probably be decent left back if one became available and / or another striker and maybe nobody . May be hoping that JC`s early goals boost price and I suppose / hope we`ve got names of a few people who could replace him even if only for this season on loan . Noticed Harris wasn`t even a sub today but may have been injured or just no space for him on bench with new signings . If he leaves I hope it`s only a loan deal till winter since I really doubt we`ll find as talented a player .

Big L
20-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Why would we want another LB when we have Crane as cover and Hanlon can play there to.

Borderhibbie76
20-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Will probably depend on who leaves permanently or on loan . If noone leaves , only possible signing would probably be decent left back if one became available and / or another striker and maybe nobody . May be hoping that JC`s early goals boost price and I suppose / hope we`ve got names of a few people who could replace him even if only for this season on loan . Noticed Harris wasn`t even a sub today but may have been injured or just no space for him on bench with new signings . If he leaves I hope it`s only a loan deal till winter since I really doubt we`ll find as talented a player .
Are you saying hibs are hoping to sell Cummings??? Think ur way off there mate tbh

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2016, 08:19 PM

Love Hendo as a player, has great future potential, and 21st May ensures he's always going to be a legend.

However, it has to be a far less imperative move now, with Shinnie on the books.

It is scant evidence, but from what I saw today, Shinnie is much more of a goal threat, with a real forward engine on him. He's just what we need and he'll get the goals that have been missing from the midfield and take the pressure of the strikers. It wouldn't surprise me if he got 12-15 this season.

3pm
20-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Lennon said 2 plus Shinnie. Graham in so down to 1.

Will guess at Stanton, Harris and Carmichael going therefore allowing a further one as well.

Fullback and winger is my guess.

IberianHibernian
20-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Why would we want another LB when we have Crane as cover and Hanlon can play there to.Good point . Being out of the LC we`ll probably have no midweek games till January and would probably look to strengthen team in January thinking of second half of season and next year . Though I think the point is that if a David Murphy became available now or in January then it would be a priority .

mjhibby
20-08-2016, 08:24 PM
Likely to be a wide player. McKay Stevens would certainly fit the bill but I thought he was heading to Ross county. I hope Liam continues to progress at Celtic and Rodgers obviously thinks he can play a few games especially after European games when he would be resting players. The situation maybe different in january especially if they are out of Europe.

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-08-2016, 08:44 PM
All this panicking during the week over the lack of signings was a pant ****ting exercise as far as I'm concerned

We've just proven over the first 3 league games that the squad didn't require major surgery and NL has assembled a squad more than capable of walking this league and got the right players in at the right time. In an ideal world we would sign a winger, a RB as cover for Sir David Gray and a CM as McGeouch and Fyvie are prone to the odd injury. Doubt we will see a RB or CM though so a winger is crucial and will see us through to January no probs

BS44
20-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Another transfer thread

1 or 2 more?

Underwhelmed 😑

Heisenberg
20-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Left winger and right back cover is what I'd like us to bring in. Harris, Stanton and probably Carmichael to leave is my guess.

WhileTheChief..
20-08-2016, 09:08 PM
I reckon Henderson will sign once Celtic are confirmed to be in the group stages of the CL.

That'll give Rodgers the cash he needs to strengthen his squad leaving no room for LH to get a look in.

buktadays
20-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Don't know about the latest two onboard but from what I've seen still think we're lacking someone who can put a ball in the box with the same accuracy as LH. ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy74
20-08-2016, 09:30 PM
All this panicking during the week over the lack of signings was a pant ****ting exercise as far as I'm concerned

We've just proven over the first 3 league games that the squad didn't require major surgery and NL has assembled a squad more than capable of walking this league and got the right players in at the right time. In an ideal world we would sign a winger, a RB as cover for Sir David Gray and a CM as McGeouch and Fyvie are prone to the odd injury. Doubt we will see a RB or CM though so a winger is crucial and will see us through to January no probs

We are 3 weeks in. The concern was whether we had enough depth over a season. We've addressed that somewhat in the last couple of days.

We've still never been top of this league so let's see!

Marco G
20-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Don't know about the latest two onboard but from what I've seen still think we're lacking someone who can put a ball in the box with the same accuracy as LH. ??

Think that Keatings, Shinnie and McGinn have all got that ability tbh. Henderson has a place in our history but am more concerned with us looking forward.

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-08-2016, 09:34 PM
We are 3 weeks in. The concern was whether we had enough depth over a season. We've addressed that somewhat in the last couple of days.

And the transfer window is open for another 10 days or so which was always my point. The nucleus of the squad has played together for over a year so knew how to play together

We'll be top of the league this time next Saturday my friend

Finn2015
20-08-2016, 09:35 PM
GMS been doing the rounds a lot but can't see it. Can see another signing but not him

buktadays
20-08-2016, 09:36 PM
That's what I need to get ma head round. Just always thought we wid get him back..

monktonharp
20-08-2016, 10:45 PM
the addition of another player, or 2 would be a welcome bonus. the team performed well today although the buddies were poor. I was delighted by the performances of all our subs, and especially impressed by Graham. almost scored in his cameo performance

lord bunberry
20-08-2016, 11:23 PM
We're good to go. No team in this league will be able to live with us. I'm going to put my neck on the line and say we've got a squad that would be top three in the country. I base that on what I see from the premiership matches. I wouldn't swap many of our players for any others apart from Celtic.

California-Hibs
20-08-2016, 11:33 PM
We're good to go. No team in this league will be able to live with us. I'm going to put my neck on the line and say we've got a squad that would be top three in the country. I base that on what I see from the premiership matches. I wouldn't swap many of our players for any others apart from Celtic.

Exactly the way I see it. I'm sure some people will see it as extremely cocky and arrogant as I continue to state that we're gonna skoosh this league...but we truly are going too!

Springbank
20-08-2016, 11:51 PM

We were top, for about 12 first half minutes at Ibrox at Christmas time, in between Jason's goal and Fyvie gifting Holt an equalising goal

lord bunberry
20-08-2016, 11:57 PM
Exactly the way I see it. I'm sure some people will see it as extremely cocky and arrogant as I continue to state that we're gonna skoosh this league...but we truly are going too!
I agree 100%, we'll stroll the league this year. Nothing can be allowed to distract us from the task in hand.

Spike Mandela
21-08-2016, 07:42 AM

QotS seemed to live with us a couple of weeks ago.:cb

green day
21-08-2016, 08:21 AM
QotS seemed to live with us a couple of weeks ago.:cb

Thought they were poor until Dobbie came on - what a change though! He calmed it all down and picked his passes really well. Has scored 3 for them so far I think?

Looks fit and it surprises me he went back to QOTS.

Ultimately although they beat us in the league cup, I can't see him dragging them through the whole season.

neil7908
21-08-2016, 08:38 AM
If we get GMS I'll be delighted with our business this window

Finn2015
21-08-2016, 09:39 AM

To be honest, the quality between the championship and at least 6-7 teams in the top league is much of a muchness. I kno I'm going off on a tangent but I honestly think we could have a 18 team top league

Dunbar Hibee
22-08-2016, 12:25 AM

Obviously

john18722
22-08-2016, 07:35 AM
If we get GMS I'll be delighted with our business this window

Is this actually rumoured to be happening?

Broken Gnome
22-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Tom Hateley in talks today according to the Star.

CropleyWasGod
22-08-2016, 08:30 AM
Tom Hateley in talks today according to the Star.

You know you're getting old when you can remember players' grandads playing :rolleyes:

Andy74
22-08-2016, 08:39 AM
We were top, for about 12 first half minutes at Ibrox at Christmas time, in between Jason's goal and Fyvie gifting Holt an equalising goal

Means nothing in the middle of games still going on - we haven't been top of the league following any match as yet

JDHibs
22-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Willing to bet my Left Bollock that Hendo wont be signing.

We will bring in 1 more, probably a utility player like Tom Hateley, as he has already been mentioned. RB cover is NLs priority after getting Shinnie and Graham.

Outgoings -

Stanton,
Harris,
Carmichael,
Handling and
Insall

All on loan.

livi hibs 1875
22-08-2016, 10:38 AM

We will bring in 1 more, probably a utility player like Tom Hateley, as he has already been mentioned. RB cover is NLs priority after getting Shinnie and Graham.

Outgoings -

Stanton,
Harris,
Carmichael,
Handling and
Insall

All on loan.
Is there a particular reason your willing to bet your left bollock, is the right one your favourite :confused:

JDHibs
22-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Is there a particular reason your willing to bet your left bollock, is the right one your favourite :confused:
Right one hangs lower. So i feel this is the nominated stronger/heavier one.

GreenOnions
22-08-2016, 10:44 AM

Outgoings -

Stanton,
Harris,
Carmichael,
Handling and
Insall

All on loan.

I think this will prove to be correct (although I know nothing of your left bollock ;-) )

Just thinking of the overall squad size and NL suggesting three in before Shinnie and Graham. If we signed someone who could provide cover for Gray then you could also argue that we have two players for every position. That's something we've lacked for a wee while and I think is quite important so that we're not overweight in some areas and under in others.

The proposed loans would also keep the squad down to around 22 (including Crane, Martin and all three goalies) which seems about right. Not sure if Handling will be fit to go on loan until January though.

Betty Boop
22-08-2016, 11:19 AM
Right one hangs lower. So i feel this is the nominated stronger/heavier one.

Too much information Trev ! :wink: