PDA

View Full Version : Neil lennon on sportsound

Itsnoteasy
20-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Just heard his interview & after talking about result, the man wi the mic then went on to ask him about Scott Brown retiring. Is this going to be the norm all season when they talk to him. I'm fed up with it already.

Stevie Reid
20-08-2016, 04:37 PM
Just heard his interview & after talking about result, the man wi the mic then went on to ask him about Scott Brown retiring. Is this going to be the norm all season when they talk to him. I'm fed up with it already.

Why let it bother you? As long as he keeps this up for us, he can talk about anything he likes as far as I'm concerned.

GlesgaeHibby
20-08-2016, 04:38 PM

No problem with journo's asking a Scottish manager his opinion on the Scotland captain retiring, especially given he used to be his manager.

greenginger
20-08-2016, 04:41 PM

Neil Lennon should have talked about Scott Brown as a great Hibs player and ignored any reference to Celtic.

That would p*sh off the mic men pretty quick.

keep the faith
20-08-2016, 04:41 PM
I agree. He needs to say he only wants to talk about hibs before too much longer.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-08-2016, 04:42 PM
When Chic updated from the match Gordon retort but "we
We're were talking about top-flight games".

They are flumps I do believe its editorial direction or Gordon's got free-reign and let his guard and pretense drop. Shame I genuinely thought he was better than that.

muzzhfc
20-08-2016, 04:42 PM
No problem with journo's asking a Scottish manager his opinion on the Scotland captain retiring, especially given he used to be his manager.

Except Lennon is a northern Irish manager. In Scotland. The media need to stop asking about Celtic tbh. Would you expect Jose to be asked questions every game about chelski

Jim44
20-08-2016, 04:44 PM

They are flumps I do believe its editorial direction or Gordon's got free-reign and let his guard and pretense drop. Shame I genuinely thought he was better than that.

I thought Chick Young had retired.

Borderhibbie76
20-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Why even listen to sportsound??? This is the norm for them I'd rather cut my ears off than listen to that lot tbh

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
20-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Except Lennon is a northern Irish manager. In Scotland. The media need to stop asking about Celtic tbh. Would you expect Jose to be asked questions every game about chelski

If the England captain retired I would expect many EPL managers to get asked about it. No big deal Lennon getting asked about this.

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2016, 04:45 PM
tbf to richard gordon he did say hibs were leading the way in the championship

not quite yet though richard, possibly next week :)

Billychaotic182
20-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Honesty feel like some posters on here just want to take a pop at sportsound every week. If you don't like it don't listen. Get hibs tv instead!

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2016, 04:49 PM
according to tam cowan on off the ball our game v Dunfy last week was the first home game we've had at 3pm on a sat since january, i didn't realise that, surely not ?:confused:

bingo70
20-08-2016, 05:00 PM
according to tam cowan on off the ball our game v Dunfy last week was the first home game we've had at 3pm on a sat since january, i didn't realise that, surely not ?:confused:

Don't know if it's January but we were speaking about that before the game, it was certainly a few months.

--------
20-08-2016, 05:19 PM
To most Scottish 'journalists' (I'm using the term loosely) NL will always be 'the former Celtic player and manager' whatever he does. If he got the job at Barcelona, they'd still be talking about him that way. We have to remember that in what psses for their minds, Celtc and SEVCO are The Greatest Phenomenon In World FootBall. The whole world waits on tiptoe for the result of an OF hatefest, and that hatefest is, in their severely limited understanding, The Greatest Local Derby In The Universe.

I honestly think that whatever questions they ask him, Neil's best policy is to answer them courteously and honestly. I'm sure the time will come when he'll courteously point out to them that after a Hibs game, he's in the press room primarily to answer questions on Hibs and the game just played by Hibs.

But I wouldn't get upset about it.

WhileTheChief..
20-08-2016, 05:23 PM

Thats cause they were talking about the team of the day in the top flight, not from the championship.

Theres no conspiracy here folks, you all just choose to hear what you want when listening to Sportsound. They were all gushing with praise for Hibs today.

brog
20-08-2016, 05:25 PM

23 Jan vs St Mirren I think! Crazy!

Bostonhibby
20-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Sadly he hasn't, he had a frontal lobotomy that failed but he carried on regardless[emoji6]

Billy Whizz
20-08-2016, 07:02 PM
It was clearly a tongue in cheek jibe at Chic young because he was moaning so much about how poor St Mirren were.

mare chips on here than in bratisanis

Thought Cheeko was retiring at the end of last season.

Jonnyboy
20-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Brilliant quote from NL after the game :greengrin

"Jason Cummings is a goalscorer but there's more to his game.

"He got two brilliant goals and could've had a couple more. I thought he got sloppy in the second half and looked a little bit tired.

"If you'd been watching him in the first half you could have had Real Madrid on the phone. But if you'd been watching him second half you would've had Accrington Stanley on the phone - and that's no disrespect to Accrington."

Pretty Boy
20-08-2016, 07:10 PM
To most Scottish 'journalists' (I'm using the term loosely) NL will always be 'the former Celtic player and manager' whatever he does. If he got the job at Barcelona, they'd still be talking about him that way. We have to remember that in what psses for their minds, Celtc and SEVCO are The Greatest Phenomenon In World FootBall. The whole world waits on tiptoe for the result of an OF hatefest, and that hatefest is, in their severely limited understanding, The Greatest Local Derby In The Universe.

I honestly think that whatever questions they ask him, Neil's best policy is to answer them courteously and honestly. I'm sure the time will come when he'll courteously point out to them that after a Hibs game, he's in the press room primarily to answer questions on Hibs and the game just played by Hibs.

But I wouldn't get upset about it.

Only way he will not be 'former Celtic manager Neil Lennon' is if he does anything questionable in his private life. Then he becomes 'under fire Hibernian manager', 'Bolton flop' or 'Ulsterman' Neil Lennon.

Billy Whizz
20-08-2016, 07:22 PM

"He got two brilliant goals and could've had a couple more. I thought he got sloppy in the second half and looked a little bit tired.

"If you'd been watching him in the first half you could have had Real Madrid on the phone. But if you'd been watching him second half you would've had Accrington Stanley on the phone - and that's no disrespect to Accrington."
Heard that too, on the way home, puts Jason in his place, sly dig at the Huns as well

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2016, 07:49 PM
Don't know if it's January but we were speaking about that before the game, it was certainly a few months.

23 Jan vs St Mirren I think! Crazy!

just checked, it was indeed that game, other home games were either on a sunday or midweek, so even in the championship we struggled to get a 'normal' sat 3pm ko....strangely it's a tad different this season...no surprises there then, suits me anyway :)

Finn2015
20-08-2016, 07:52 PM

Probably always will take any chance they can get to draw him in on Celtic

Colr
20-08-2016, 08:53 PM

******ed

Bostonhibby
20-08-2016, 09:51 PM

Excellent quote, we need to educate Neil so he remembers to mention we got Jason Cummings, the hammer of the Hertz after they let him go for nothing. Too skilful and not tall enough?

bingo70
21-08-2016, 07:09 AM

Really good quote there. I asked the question last season if Cummings got a bit lazy and careless after he'd scored his goal and if this contributed to him rarely scoring more than one a game, for such a good goal scorer this just didn't make sense to me.

If that was the case, and I'm not saying it was, then Lennon clearly won't stand for that, if he's not playing well all game he'll be getting pulled up about it.