PDA

View Full Version : New Boys (Shinnie & Graham)

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Both eager to impress and busy.

Shinnie has a bit of class about him. Was a little greedy to get on the scoresheet, but I think he'll give us the midfield scoring option we've lacked of late. More of a natural in that role than Keatings. Very astute signing from Lennon.

Graham looked more menacing and bustling than Holt, even if his touch let him down, probably because he was just on when the best chance presented itself.

Saw enough in both of them to suggest they'll add greatly to our strength this season.

Shrekko
20-08-2016, 04:13 PM

Shinnie has a bit of class about him. Was a little greedy to get on the scoresheet, but I think he'll give us the midfield scoring option we've lacked of late. More of a natural in that role than Keatings. Very astute signing from Lennon.

Graham looked more menacing and bustling than Holt, even if his touch let him down, probably because he was just on when the best chance presented itself.

Saw enough in both of them to suggest they'll add greatly to our strength this season.

That's the way I saw it-both guys we could have done with last season but will make a difference now. Shinnie looked really good.

Carheenlea
20-08-2016, 04:13 PM
Good debuts from both, and as you say, both look like being very useful additions to whSy is now a strong squad..

Finn2015
20-08-2016, 04:18 PM
Great signings and already can see it gives us a hell of a lot more options. Very promising

adhibs
20-08-2016, 04:43 PM
Was impressed by both. Another couple added that will win us points this season.

Hermit Crab
20-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Both played well. Keatings and holt will have to fight for their positions.

lucky
20-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Both did OK with Shinnie looking a real player. BG will be good competition for Holt

heretoday
20-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Great news. We've got to go up this season.

GreenCastle
20-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Shinnie looked very good - comfortable on ball - linking up well and managed to have a few shots on goal in the short space of time he was on.

BG had a great chance but just didn't connect - got a good presence about him and can see us subbing Holt late on in games to save his legs.

Holt and Keatings I felt both did well again today though so he has a few selection headaches.

Finn2015
20-08-2016, 07:57 PM
Shinnie looked very good - comfortable on ball - linking up well and managed to have a few shots on goal in the short space of time he was on.

BG had a great chance but just didn't connect - got a good presence about him and can see us subbing Holt late on in games to save his legs.

Holt and Keatings I felt both did well again today though so he has a few selection headaches.
Great problem to have

Big90inOz
21-08-2016, 03:30 AM
BG looked much better than Holt in the short time he was on.

Finn2015
21-08-2016, 04:46 AM
BG looked much better than Holt in the short time he was on.

Can see it being a huge battle between them two for a starting berth.

Vini1875
21-08-2016, 10:33 AM
From yesterdays performances I would expect it to be Keatings and Holt who find themselves on the bench more than Shinnie and Graham.

Finn2015
21-08-2016, 10:47 AM
From yesterdays performances I would expect it to be Keatings and Holt who find themselves on the bench more than Shinnie and Graham.

Think Keatings played in his preferred position will get goals. That's what is genuinely exciting, we have quite a few options and it's all up for grabs

Marco G
21-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Think Keatings played in his preferred position will get goals. That's what is genuinely exciting, we have quite a few options and it's all up for grabs
Agree, a strong pool is vital. Slightly off topic but saw RR have keeper problems and am hoping that our extra strength in depth will see us do the business.

Finn2015
21-08-2016, 10:53 AM
Agree, a strong pool is vital. Slightly off topic but saw RR have keeper problems and am hoping that our extra strength in depth will see us do the business.

True. It's hard for me to say with any degree of confidence as haven't seen raith this season but I'm hoping it's a case that they won't be able keep the pace. We will see

SonOfDavidFrancey
21-08-2016, 03:17 PM
Agreed, thought both played very well, though keatings was also busy and Holt was a nuisance. Shinnie looked a cut above.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Can see Shinnie being a first pick when he gets back to match fitness.

greenpaper55
21-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Need them all as injuries will take it's toll as will suspensions later in the season.

Bay Area Hibees
21-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Watched online from overseas and thought they both looked like they improve our squad and likely improve our starting 11.

Convinced getting NL as manager was major coup for us. Not sure if it's been fully appreciated. Bolton was basket case, he's a very good manager.

Not going to be easy but feeling good about us winning this league.

The Captain....
21-08-2016, 08:17 PM
Well done to both, came on and immediatelty involved and both could have had a goal on another day. Look like they'll add to our attacking options with Shinnie especially showing well with some classy touches and runs.

Dashing Bob S
21-08-2016, 10:56 PM
Can see Shinnie being a first pick when he gets back to match fitness.

Me too. Looked menacing and wanted the ball. Like the way he drives right into the box with no fannying about.

monktonharp
21-08-2016, 10:57 PM
a lot have mentioned Shinnie first, but I was really impressed by the big guy Graham. he has a presence in the goalmouth area which troubled the buddies defence. I like.he was a bawhair away from scoring near the end

Jake
23-08-2016, 04:41 PM
These players are brilliant additions to our team and we have a very strong squad - easily 2nd best squad in Scotland. :agree:

sleeping giant
23-08-2016, 04:54 PM
A guy at work was telling me yesterday that we're interested in an American striker called *removed* anyone know anything about him?

Likes horses :agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
23-08-2016, 05:14 PM
A guy at work was telling me yesterday that we're interested in an American striker called *removed* - anyone know anything about him?

*googles*

*deletes browser history*

Jim44
23-08-2016, 05:20 PM
A guy at work was telling me yesterday that we're interested in an American striker called *removed anyone know anything about him?

Your thread on this was closed yesterday. Don't you wonder why? Look into it. :aok:

Allant1981
23-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Your thread on this was closed yesterday. Don't you wonder why? Look into it. :aok:

I hope my mrs doesnt look at my phone as i just googled him!!

Jake
23-08-2016, 05:59 PM

Aww neigh chance - that's disgusting! Will ask guy at work what he's been watching.

Lago
23-08-2016, 06:20 PM
:greengrin
I hope my mrs doesnt look at my phone as i just googled him!!

Lago
23-08-2016, 06:21 PM
:greengrin
*googles*

*deletes browser history*:greengrin:greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
23-08-2016, 06:30 PM
A guy at work was telling me yesterday that we're interested in an American striker called *removed anyone know anything about him?

Neigh chance

GordonHFC
23-08-2016, 06:36 PM
A guy at work was telling me yesterday that we're interested in an American striker called *removed - anyone know anything about him?

Think he has just made a horses ass out of you.

buktapurple79
23-08-2016, 06:51 PM

Cracking signings Bob. Give them time. Lenny building a team that will solid top 4 minimum next season.

greiggy
23-08-2016, 08:18 PM
Think he has just made a horses ass out of you.

Ouch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
24-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Hope Shinnie is in line for a start Saturday. Done his chances no harm whatsoever during his camero appearance against St Mirren.

jacomo
24-08-2016, 11:59 AM
Cracking signings Bob. Give them time. Lenny building a team that will solid top 4 minimum next season.

Talking about next season in the top flight already?

I like it. :aok:

We've got the best squad in this division. We should expect good results from them. I am sure Lenny is setting the bar high. No excuses.