PDA

View Full Version : Rivals

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2016, 03:57 PM
QOS perhaps proving today that their win over us in the League Cup no fluke.

Houston, he has a problem.

Dundee United v Raith next week could be interesting.

Ayr already looking whipping boys at this stage of the season.

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2016, 03:59 PM
hopefully Ayr haven't got their defence sorted out before they visit ER on sept 17th

Finn2015
20-08-2016, 04:19 PM
Yes still early days. Hoping the two other form teams in raith and queen of the south have a dip soon and Ayr do seem relegation favourites

Famous Fiver
20-08-2016, 04:33 PM
Morton, no Bobby Barr next week.

Us, embarrassment of riches. How do we fit Fontaine, Fyvie, Graham, and Shinnie into the starting line up?

Fyvie for Bartley, Graham for Holt, Shinnie for Keatings? No five at the back so Fontaine misses out.

Should be good enough to take Morton out.

Feel another 15,000+ coming on.

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2016, 04:40 PM
QOS perhaps proving today that their win over us in the League Cup no fluke.

Houston, he has a problem.

Dundee United v Raith next week could be interesting.

Ayr already looking whipping boys at this stage of the season.

Yes .. I see Dobbie scored again, looking like a good signing for QOTS. Falkirk are having the start we all hoped they would and with Utd playing Raith we will gain whatever the result, provided we can put Morton away.

I said at the start of the season that from what I saw of Ayr Utd in their lucky play off win they would struggle, looks like they are going to.

NAE NOOKIE
20-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Morton, no Bobby Barr next week.

Us, embarrassment of riches. How do we fit Fontaine, Fyvie, Graham, and Shinnie into the starting line up?

Fyvie for Bartley, Graham for Holt, Shinnie for Keatings? No five at the back so Fontaine misses out.

Should be good enough to take Morton out.

Feel another 15,000+ coming on.

I'm inclined to think not. Dunfermline was our first season ticket game and the cup final affect probably added more walk ups than usual to welcome the cup winners home as it were, Morton probably wont bring anything like the support Dunfermline did. My guess is just over 13,000 ..... If we hit 15,000 + I'll be surprised, not to mention delighted :greengrin

Ergye
20-08-2016, 05:01 PM
I don't see these teams as our rivals.

I think we will win this league with a 100percent record.

We should probably start playing our reserves. Keep the main men fresh for our inevitable Scottish Cup victory. In fact, we could play with my portly wife in goals and still win comfortably.

We are that good. It is very simple.

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2016, 05:26 PM

We should probably start playing our reserves. Keep the main men fresh for our inevitable Scottish Cup victory. In fact, we could play with my portly wife in goals and still win comfortably.

I think we can afford to be a bit more relaxed than that. I'd like to see some of our younger stars, Cummings, McGinn etc, given a year off and round the world plane tickets, so that they can travel, broaden their minds, emerging as more rounded human beings, and ultimately, footballers.

I'm planning to buy season tickets for our so called promotion 'rivals' and get round them all, laughing mildly and rolling my eyes in theatrical disdain at their paltry attempts to keep up with us.

greenteam
20-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Tell you now QOS wont go away neither will Raith..thats our priorities this season. Win or draw against them and let them take points off each other. Dundee UTD will have to endure what we have gone through I Hope.

Hermit Crab
20-08-2016, 06:02 PM

No chance.

lucky
20-08-2016, 06:03 PM
It's early days but things are going well. We need the squad but still think Holt and Keatings will keep hold of their places for next week

Waxy
20-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Qos will rely on Dobbies goals. Can he go the full season without injury? We are massive favs.

lord bunberry
20-08-2016, 06:35 PM
I think we have to be a bit more concerned than most people seem to be. We need to think about half season ticket sales. I can't see us shifting many if the league is over in January. Play the laddies next week and concentrate on the iron bru cup.

My_Wife_Camille
20-08-2016, 06:39 PM

Some idiots never learn

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-08-2016, 06:46 PM
I think we have to be a bit more concerned than most people seem to be. We need to think about half season ticket sales. I can't see us shifting many if the league is over in January. Play the laddies next week and concentrate on the iron bru cup.

People will come and see a winning team.

Dalianwanda
20-08-2016, 06:49 PM
Some idiots never learn

Im assuming it was tongue in cheek :cb

HibsNutter
20-08-2016, 06:52 PM
No team in this league has a starting eleven as strong as ours, a squad as strong as ours or a manager as good as ours. Fail to see how anyone will finish within ten points of us.

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2016, 06:56 PM
Tell you now QOS wont go away neither will Raith..thats our priorities this season. Win or draw against them and let them take points off each other. Dundee UTD will have to endure what we have gone through I Hope.

Raith!? I'd be ripping the 'single fish' out off Gary Locke right now, if he wasn't constantly doing it himself.

calumhibee1
20-08-2016, 06:56 PM
No team in this league has a starting eleven as strong as ours, a squad as strong as ours or a manager as good as ours. Fail to see how anyone will finish within ten points of us.

Ten? Make it 30.

lord bunberry
20-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Ten? Make it 30.
If it's any less than 30 Lennon can gtf

northstandhibby
20-08-2016, 07:03 PM
If it's any less than 30 Lennon can gtf

Why not make it 50?

:greengrin

HibsNutter
20-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Ten? Make it 30.

Was being conservative, think that's the least we'll win the league by.

lord bunberry
20-08-2016, 07:05 PM
Why not make it 50?

You're right, I'm always being too soft :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
20-08-2016, 07:47 PM
Just goes to show how important a good start is for confidence. This time the last two seasons, the league campaigns were practically over already.

neil7908
20-08-2016, 07:52 PM
My only concern is where the goals will come from if Cummings gets a bad injury. Keatings will get a few and hopefully Shinnie will be the goalscoring midfielder we've been looking for but don't see Holt getting too many this year. Keep Jason fit and we'll be OK. I think he's the only one in the squad now who is basically irreplaceable

Finn2015
20-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Goals from others will come and I'm confident the new signings this week will chip in to

Greenworld
20-08-2016, 09:09 PM
What if a bid comes in for circa 4 million

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2016, 09:14 PM
Some idiots never learn

You called that one right.

Edson Arantes
20-08-2016, 09:33 PM

Carried away or what?

Three wins out of three is brilliant. No way will any team go all season without defeat.

Lets go game by game will we?

GGTTH :flag:

Marco G
20-08-2016, 09:36 PM

I am hoping for better than a 100% record but doubt we can do it.

Ergye
20-08-2016, 09:41 PM
Im assuming it was tongue in cheek :cb

There's a bookies in Musselburgh paying out on Hibs already.

These are the facts.

Hold your tongue cheeky.

Edson Arantes
20-08-2016, 09:44 PM

These are the facts.

Hold your tongue cheeky.

The expert.

Ergye
20-08-2016, 09:51 PM
The expert.

Ok. I was just messing. But they've stopped taking bets. Probably.

There's more chance of Ann Budge winning a silver in female gymnastics in Japan 2020 than us throwing away this league.

Edson Arantes
20-08-2016, 09:59 PM
Ok. I was just messing. But they've stopped taking bets. Probably.

There's more chance of Ann Budge winning a silver in female gymnastics in Japan 2020 than us throwing away this league.

Too confident by far.

Come back on this thread on 31st January then we are cooking..

lord bunberry
20-08-2016, 10:14 PM
Too confident by far.

Come back on this thread on 31st January then we are cooking..

Ha ha. I love you mate, you really don't seem to realise when people are just having a laugh. This whole thread is a complete wind up. The word whoosh was invented just for you.

Ergye
20-08-2016, 10:14 PM
Too confident by far.

Come back on this thread on 31st January then we are cooking...

I'll probably have forgotten about this nonsense by then mate. I drink a lot.

Pele ain't a nice fella Mister. A fantastic player no doubt. Second only to Mickey Weir. Google - Pele illegitimate daughter and take a look. We're none of us perfect and God knows I have more shortcomings than most, but his is a despicable, wicked one. Really put me off him. Maradona all the way...

Finn2015
20-08-2016, 10:20 PM
Ha ha. I love you mate, you really don't seem to realise when people are just having a laugh. This whole thread is a complete wind up. The word whoosh was invented just for you.

The resident buzz killington

Big L
20-08-2016, 10:41 PM
The next 4 games should be quite telling, hopefully have a nice we lead never to be overtaken.

My_Wife_Camille
20-08-2016, 11:27 PM
You called that one right.
What a graceless, classless post

BigT-Hibeez
21-08-2016, 04:00 AM
Yes still early days. Hoping the two other form teams in raith and queen of the south have a dip soon and Ayr do seem relegation favourites

QOS bit of a bogey team for us..

Hibernian Queen of the South
Win 6 5
Loss 5 6
Draw 1 1
Ø Goals per Match 1.1 0.8
League Table 2. 3.

Septimus
21-08-2016, 04:58 AM
When it has become clear that Hibs are certain for promotion the powers that be will reorganize the leagues to avoid either Hearts or Rangers being relegated. We may well have to content ourselves with another Scottish Cup win.

Niffy
21-08-2016, 05:19 AM
What if a bid comes in for circa 4 million

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Buy back Griffiths!

Big L
21-08-2016, 09:52 AM
Buy back Griffiths!

I thought Griff might struggle for game time under Rodgers when he brought in Dembele, but the wee man raised his game and it would be really difficult to put a price on him now. His header and free kick in the CL were just amazing. I can only dream that one day he will play for Hibs again.

NAE NOOKIE
21-08-2016, 01:09 PM
I know a lot of the posts are tongue in cheek, but I have it in mind that at one point last season we made up an 8 point gap on the currant buns. It doesn't matter how good we are or that we have bust the Scottish cup hoodoo ...... The one thing I never forget is that I support Hibernian Football club and if there's one thing that has taught me over the years its to never, ever, ever take anything for granted

:confused:

Deansy
21-08-2016, 01:28 PM
One or two posts here that are of the same arrogance as fans of the 'Charity Thieves FC' when they win a couple of games - after 50 years of supporting Hibs one thing I've learned is to NEVER get carried away !.

SaulGoodman
21-08-2016, 02:41 PM

Says the person that just called another poster an idiot eh

snooky
21-08-2016, 03:14 PM

Cup, League or both :coffee:

HibbyAndy
21-08-2016, 03:21 PM
I don't believe we have a rival , We will be so far ahead of the rest come May, It's not arrogance, It's sheer confidence in Hibs.

Not a single team in this League worries me.

Scott Allan Key
21-08-2016, 03:30 PM
I am hoping for better than a 100% record but doubt we can do it.

If the SPFL award us extra points for style, I think we'll deserve it, but you can't get a 110% record.:top marks

But 108/108 would be mathematical perfection.

Hermit Crab
21-08-2016, 03:30 PM
If we can win our first ten games then we'll be in a really good position to go forward for the rest of the season. Morton rumbled us at home last season, I expect a very tough game next week. Dundee Utd play raith so maybe Utd will do us a favour and beat them.

Hermit Crab
21-08-2016, 03:32 PM
If the SPFL award us extra points for style, I think we'll deserve it, but you can't get a 110% record.:top marks

How many points did hearts get the season they won it?

PatHead
21-08-2016, 03:32 PM

Less than 100 to go.....,

On easy street now. :greengrin

Wilson
21-08-2016, 03:38 PM
If we can win our first ten games then we'll be in a really good position to go forward for the rest of the season. Morton rumbled us at home last season, I expect a very tough game next week. Dundee Utd play raith so maybe Utd will do us a favour and beat them.

I expect Raith will fall away anyway. Utd will be there abouts at the end of the season. The real favour would be Raith beating Utd - if you take the long term view.

Finn2015
21-08-2016, 03:39 PM
I don't know, I'm confident and do believe we have the best squad in the league but I'm not getting to carried away. Over the next coupon of months, we have the likes of raith and queen of the south away not to mention a home game against Dundee United at the very start of October. Key matches against what will be very tough opposition. Let's not get carried away

PatHead
21-08-2016, 03:47 PM
I don't know, I'm confident and do believe we have the best squad in the league but I'm not getting to carried away. Over the next coupon of months, we have the likes of raith and queen of the south away not to mention a home game against Dundee United at the very start of October. Key matches against what will be very tough opposition. Let's not get carried away

Why not? It is a wee bit fun.

Finn2015
21-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Why not? It is a wee bit fun.

Fair enough, I'm all for fun.

We're going to win every game by at least three clear goals from now on in.

That said, we will pip Celtic to the title upon our top flight return next year to.

I know a lot of this thread has been in good fun, just got dangerously serious for a minute. Read to many of edsons posts, sorry 😂

hibbysam
21-08-2016, 03:57 PM
The next three games we have Morton (H) Dumbarton (A) and Ayr (H), this really should be three wins. If we do that we will be at least 4 clear at the top come the end of September.

Raith have United (A) Falkirk (H) and QOTS (A)
United have Raith (H) Dunfermline (A) Falkirk (A)
QOTS have Dunfermline (A) St Mirren (A) and Raith (H)

None of these teams will win all three which will give us a really nice cushion and put them under a lot of pressure.

Keith_M
21-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Sorry to be a bit of a killjoy but, what was the score when we played QOS?

I think some people are really getting a bit carried away.

Scott Allan Key
21-08-2016, 04:05 PM
How many points did hearts get the season they won it?

91. Dropping Just 17 points appropriately enough for their predilection for jailbait teenagers.

Dashing Bob S
21-08-2016, 04:18 PM

Gwaceless? Cwassless? Bobby?

Wash those fingertips immediately!

Baldy Foghorn
21-08-2016, 04:19 PM
Some idiots never learn

Bit harsh no?

PatHead
21-08-2016, 05:16 PM
Fair enough, I'm all for fun.

We're going to win every game by at least three clear goals from now on in.

That said, we will pip Celtic to the title upon our top flight return next year to.

I know a lot of this thread has been in good fun, just got dangerously serious for a minute. Read to many of edsons posts, sorry 😂

Ergye
21-08-2016, 05:39 PM
Says the person that just called another poster an idiot eh

To be fair, I am and I don't.

Ergye
21-08-2016, 05:49 PM
I don't believe we have a rival , We will be so far ahead of the rest come May, It's not arrogance, It's sheer confidence in Hibs.

Not a single team in this League worries me.

Not a single team in any league worries me Andrew.

I cannot WAIT to draw Sevco in the cup at Ibrox, and pump them this way, that way, sideways, your way, my way, the highway, Weir's Way, other ways, different ways.

There'll be a new Kama Sutra position invented and printed commemorating the day.

21-08-2016, 05:54 PM
I know a lot of the posts are tongue in cheek, but I have it in mind that at one point last season we made up an 8 point gap on the currant buns. It doesn't matter how good we are or that we have bust the Scottish cup hoodoo ...... The one thing I never forget is that I support Hibernian Football club and if there's one thing that has taught me over the years its to never, ever, ever take anything for granted

:confused:

This. Hibs never do things the easy way so expect many twists and turns. Great start to the season but theres still a hell of a long way to go. Over cockiness only leaves us open to ridicule and looking pretty foolish if things don't go to plan.

Ergye
21-08-2016, 06:00 PM
This. Hibs never do things the easy way so expect many twists and turns. Great start to the season but theres still a hell of a long way to go. Over cockiness only leaves us open to ridicule and looking pretty foolish if things don't go to plan.

Gonna get ridiculed in this game anyway. May as well take it with your chest puffed out and a bit of a swagger. If you end up with egg on your face, then just make sandwiches.

Lee Marvin
21-08-2016, 06:02 PM
I'm generally a glass half empty guy. I believe we will win the league by 15 points.

I cannot see any other outcome than hibs romping the league

21-08-2016, 06:15 PM
Gonna get ridiculed in this game anyway. May as well take it with your chest puffed out and a bit of a swagger. If you end up with egg on your face, then just make sandwiches.

True and i'm glad we have a wee bit more arrogance about us. For far too long we've been nicey nicey, soft touch hibs and it did us no favours. Glad we now have a bit of toughness about us but theres a line between confidence and over cockiness.

Ergye
21-08-2016, 09:27 PM
True and i'm glad we have a wee bit more arrogance about us. For far too long we've been nicey nicey, soft touch hibs and it did us no favours. Glad we now have a bit of toughness about us but theres a line between confidence and over cockiness.

For the players and staff, certainly there must be a degree of humility and respect for other clubs.

I think as a a fan it's your damned duty to shove the greatness of your club down the throats of other fans. I mean, have you seen our stadium for example? It's absolutely gorgeous, and the envy of every club in the country. Compare it to the absolute hovel (and this is not cheap points scoring) that our neighbours play in and we're laughing and skipping up St Clair St every home game.

We're the Scottish cup holders and we've got Sunshine On Leith, the most extolled and admired football song in the country (thank you, thank you Craig & Charlie Reid).

We are the Hibs.
We're here to ruin your season and make you green with envy.
The parties great.
Join us cos you won't beat us.

cabbageandribs1875
21-08-2016, 09:31 PM
The next three games we have Morton (H) Dumbarton (A) and Ayr (H), this really should be three wins. If we do that we will be at least 4 clear at the top come the end of September.

Raith have United (A) Falkirk (H) and QOTS (A)
United have Raith (H) Dunfermline (A) Falkirk (A)
QOTS have Dunfermline (A) St Mirren (A) and Raith (H)

None of these teams will win all three which will give us a really nice cushion and put them under a lot of pressure.

i started getting excited, until you mentioned that damn team

Finn2015
21-08-2016, 09:35 PM

That's the problem, don't like egg mayo sandwiches

My_Wife_Camille
21-08-2016, 09:46 PM
To be fair, I am and I don't.
Deary me. PC Brigade out in force

Ergye
22-08-2016, 01:07 AM
That's the problem, don't like egg mayo sandwiches

Don't matter what you dislike brother. You're mad in love with the Hibees, and that will stop your body and mind aching.

Greatest institution in world football.

Finn2015
22-08-2016, 02:02 AM
Don't matter what you dislike brother. You're mad in love with the Hibees, and that will stop your body and mind aching.

Greatest institution in world football.

True 👍