PDA

View Full Version : St Mirren 0 v 2 Hibernian

Pages : 1 [2]

PeeJay
20-08-2016, 04:26 PM
Easy 3 points for Hibs today - decent 1st half, poorish 2nd half - the new boys looked lively, some decent, workmanlike performances overall - seems to me that Lennon still has a lot of work on his hands, but 3 games and 9 points certainly tells a story ...

bingo70
20-08-2016, 04:28 PM
I think I'd rather take Jason Cummings opinion on his striker partner rather than from those on here.

I never saw the game today but he strikes me as someone defenders hate playing against and someone his team mates really appreciate than someone that's likely to be popular with the fans.

Even going back to the own goal last week, obviously he can't take the credit for it but it did cross my mind that his presence in the box caused the defender to panic with his sheer presence in the box.

I'm not writing him off yet, I do think he needs to take a chance or two though if he doesn't want to lose his place in the team.

Golden Bear
20-08-2016, 04:29 PM
Easy 3 points for Hibs today - decent 1st half, poorish 2nd half - the new boys looked lively, some decent, workmanlike performances overall - seems to me that Lennon still has a lot of work on his hands, but 3 games and 9 points certainly tells a story ...

Almost positive I daresay!

Wee Effen Bee
20-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Excellent result today so I don't want to be negative (but I'm going to be anyway)....I wish one of these days that we 'could have scored 6' actually turns into a game when we do actually score 5 or 6. I'm not asking or expecting to do it every week but it's about time we gave a team an absolute spanking.

As I said last week... whenever we do something right, there are some people who will come along to find fault with something. We have won our opening 3 league games since 19oatcake without playing like Barcelona and our often maligned striker is banging them in. Instead of openly stating you are being negative, why don't you adopt an 'open mindset' approach? You could say, " Another win to keep us at the top end of the table: a few teams are going to take a real tanking from us if we start converting more of our chances." It's not too difficult Bingo:greengrin

Stevie Reid
20-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Holt has been, and will continue to be, a very important player for us this year.

bingo70
20-08-2016, 04:38 PM
As I said last week... whenever we do something right, there are some people who will come along to find fault with something. We have won our opening 3 league games since 19oatcake without playing like Barcelona and our often maligned striker is banging them in. Instead of openly stating you are being negative, why don't you adopt an 'open mindset' approach? You could say, " Another win to keep us at the top end of the table: a few teams are going to take a real tanking from us if we start converting more of our chances." It's not too difficult Bingo:greengrin

I'm delighted with the start, I do think we'll get better and I'm more confident now than ever that we'll go up......

But, the point to my post is that the phrase 'we could have scored 6' terrifies the life out of me as its been our downfall the last two years. Every week we'd walk away saying we could have scored 5 or 6 but never did and the narrow wins caught up with us in the end as it leaves us no margin for error.

Great getting the win, absolutely delighted but can we please please please start being more ruthless!

emerald green
20-08-2016, 04:40 PM
I wonder where Hibs would be sitting in the table tonight if they had sold Jason Cummings at the start of this season? This is not trying to be "negative" before the usual stuff gets flung around. Just a genuine question.

I'm delighted with 3 wins from 3 in the league, but Hibs really will need others to start scoring goals soon.

Stevie Reid
20-08-2016, 04:41 PM
This place ain't gonna be much fun when we do finally drop some points.

greenlex
20-08-2016, 04:44 PM

****ing mental innit?

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Excellent result today so I don't want to be negative (but I'm going to be anyway)....I wish one of these days that we 'could have scored 6' actually turns into a game when we do actually score 5 or 6. I'm not asking or expecting to do it every week but it's about time we gave a team an absolute spanking.

I agree with that, although today we actually created what i would say were good chances rather than half chances we normally do.

I think some team will take a spanking from us soon, and the formation today really does suit us better and makes us look much more balanced in my opinion.

Never looked like conceding today, yet created many more decent chances than normal for me. 8/10 performance

Stevie Reid
20-08-2016, 04:46 PM
****ing mental innit?

Too true. If people can't be satisfied with this start, they'll never be happy.

Borderhibbie76
20-08-2016, 04:49 PM
It's a joke....I was happy walking out the ground after a dominant away display till I came on here mate lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sas_The_Hibby
20-08-2016, 04:51 PM

This is exactly what people kept saying last year (oh, and the season before) when we were narrowly winning games and not converting the vast majority of our chances. I, amongst others, was told the goals scored to shots ratio didn't matter because we were still winning. Then it did matter because we were dominating possession but dropping points. I'm not saying the same thing will happen this season but it's not being negative to want this issue to be addressed now before it causes us problems.

Stevie Reid
20-08-2016, 04:53 PM
2014-15 we needed 7 games to get to 9 points (29th September). Last season it was 5 games (12 September)

Wee Effen Bee
20-08-2016, 04:53 PM
I'm delighted with the start, I do think we'll get better and I'm more confident now than ever that we'll go up......

But, the point to my post is that the phrase 'we could have scored 6' terrifies the life out of me as its been our downfall the last two years. Every week we'd walk away saying we could have scored 5 or 6 but never did and the narrow wins caught up with us in the end as it leaves us no margin for error.

Great getting the win, absolutely delighted but can we please please please start being more ruthless!

Aye, I know where you are coming from B, I'm just being a wee bit cheeky. I would love us to do what Hertz did a couple of years ago - smash teams by 4 and 5 regularly and by 10 occasionally :greengrin. Mind you, with the start we have had, maybe this year we will do just that. I'm also hoping we don't hit our usual 'dodgy' period this year - or if we do, I hope it only lasts for 1 or 2 games.

greenlex
20-08-2016, 04:54 PM
This is exactly what people kept saying last year (oh, and the season before) when we were narrowly winning games and not converting the vast majority of our chances. I, amongst others, was told the goals scored to shots ratio didn't matter because we were still winning. Then it did matter because we were dominating possession but dropping points. I'm not saying the same thing will happen this season but it's not being negative to want this issue to be addressed now before it causes us problems.
You do know we won 2 nil today whilst dominating the match?

bingo70
It's a joke....I was happy walking out the ground after a dominant away display till I came on here mate lol

Jeezo, you need to stop taking Hibs.net so seriously.

In general everybody has been pretty positive about the result and performance but we can still debate aspects of the game.

It might also help your mindset if you debate the specific points instead of getting all excited when you think somebody is being negative.

Ozyhibby
Great result, sounded a comfortable away win. We didn't get that many of them last season and 9pts out of 9 is exactly where we need to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
20-08-2016, 04:56 PM

In general everybody has been pretty positive about the result and performance but we can still debate aspects of the game.

It might also help your mindset if you debate the specific points instead of getting all excited when you think somebody is being negative.
You think people are being positive?? All I can see is people moaning about us not scoring enough goals when we have just won 2 nil away from home and strolled it....and don't worry I don't take it seriously at all

Sas_The_Hibby
20-08-2016, 04:57 PM
You do know we won 2 nil today whilst dominating the match?

Sorry, I don't know what your point is.

Winning 2 - 0's fine but it doesn't remove the issue about not taking enough of our chances.

Stevie Reid
20-08-2016, 04:58 PM
I'm sure we'll have our fair share of days to worry about things this season - there's no point worrying about them now though.

3 wins out of 3 from two away and one at home, 6 goals for and 2 against. Relax and enjoy - otherwise what's the point?

Man Down Under
20-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Almost positive I daresay!
Careful now!

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
Huns in central greetin at police cause we singing warbatons a fanny

The_Horde
I'm sure we'll have our fair share of days to worry about things this season - there's no point worrying about them now though.

3 wins out of 3 from two away and one at home, 6 goals for and 2 against. Relax and enjoy - otherwise what's the point?

6 for is it no?

Stevie Reid
20-08-2016, 05:00 PM

Winning 2 - 0's fine but it doesn't remove the issue about not taking enough of our chances.

Quite clearly we are.

DaveF
You think people are being positive?? All I can see is people moaning about us not scoring enough goals when we have just won 2 nil away from home and strolled it....and don't worry I don't take it seriously at all

No one is moaning. Simply making the point that it would be great to actually bang in 5 or 6 in games where we clearly dominant.

Every Hibs fan should be and will be delighted with our start. Long may it continue.

Stevie Reid
6 for is it no?

You didn't quite get in before my edit! (mistype)

The_Horde
20-08-2016, 05:01 PM
You didn't quite get in before my edit! (mistype)

:hilarious

greenlex
20-08-2016, 05:01 PM

My point is we won comfortably away from home whilst dominating the match. We restricted them to one shot on target whilst converting two of our seven on target. I think the comparison with the last two seasons is night and day.

wookie70
20-08-2016, 05:04 PM
Great result today and a fantastic start to the season. Perhaps the mind plays tricks on some but Hearts never really smashed everyone when they dominated the league. They did have a good few 3-0 and above but they had plenty scrappy wins too. They actually started the season with 2-1 wins in their first two games albeit they beat Raith 4-0 away in their third game. Barring a couple of missed chances a very similar start to the one we have had.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2016, 05:04 PM
I think there are some folk here right on this thread who are looking for any criticism in the slightest to get upset.

Dashing Bob S
20-08-2016, 05:09 PM
I think there are some folk here right on this thread who are looking for any criticism in the slightest to get upset.

Nonsense! Ridiculous comment! Maybe you should go and have a long hard look at yourself in a mirror - from your usual vantage point of the toilets in the Wheatfield Stand!

makaveli1875
20-08-2016, 05:10 PM
9 points out of 9 , cant ask for a better start . im sure lennon will not be happy that weve only scored 6 goals though , he will be looking for us to go for the throat and batter teams 4 and 5 nil . im sure we'll be scoring more goals once shinnie and graham get going

--------
20-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Bench looking so much stronger today, real options there.

Bartley is great at what he does and he'll be an important player for us in plenty of games this season.

Yup. Three wins in three games is a good start by any standards. The team hasn't gelled yet and won't for a few weeks yet, IMO.

Bartley seems to have been elected the 21st century Brian Hamilton?

PatHead
20-08-2016, 05:11 PM

What do you want us to do?

We have employed a very experienced manager who will not accept 2nd best.

We have signed Jason on a long term deal, signed Holt and Graham up front, signed an attacking midfielder in Shinnie. By accounts we are still looking at another couple of players.

The other problem we had was conceding silly goals and not closing games out. Wasn't there today but by all accounts we closed the game out in a similar manner to the way we did against Falkirk. We have also signed an international goalkeeper.

Stevie Reid

I would urge everyone to simply enjoy our start to the season. Not that anyone should require any encouragement on that front.

Sas_The_Hibby
9 points out of 9 , cant ask for a better start . im sure lennon will not be happy that weve only scored 6 goals though , he will be looking for us to go for the throat and batter teams 4 and 5 nil . im sure we'll be scoring more goals once shinnie and graham get going

He'll be told he's being negative on hibs.net! :greengrin

bingo70
20-08-2016, 05:16 PM
I would urge everyone to simply enjoy our start to the season. Not that anyone should require any encouragement on that front.

Can you not enjoy the start to the season and discuss all aspects of the game?

Brightside
20-08-2016, 05:16 PM

Some people just have that outlook. :wink:

HibbyAndy
20-08-2016, 05:17 PM
Some people just have that outlook. :wink:

:wink:

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2016, 05:17 PM

I think everyone has enjoyed the start to this season, are folk not allowed now to talk about things that's happened during a game, or talk about where we could perhaps improve?

Sas_The_Hibby
20-08-2016, 05:18 PM

I am enjoying our start to the season

This website's soon going to lose it point, though, if that's all there is to say.

Sas_The_Hibby
20-08-2016, 05:18 PM
I think everyone has enjoyed the start to this season, are folk not allowed now to talk about things that's happened during a game, or talk about where we could perhaps improve?

Apparently not! :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2016, 05:19 PM

quite odd seeing at least a couple of them that iirc were bemoaning our poor goal difference nearer the tail-end of last season, which of course resulted in us having to play two extra games...because of goal difference :greengrin maybe the have poor memories

NikGunnarsson
20-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Thought Hanlon and McGregor were class, feel for Fonts but he has to drop out surely looked much better with the flat 4 and Fonts has a mistake in him

hibsbollah
20-08-2016, 05:21 PM

King of the happy clappers :grr:

:greengrin

Stevie Reid
20-08-2016, 05:22 PM
Can you not enjoy the start to the season and discuss all aspects of the game?

Of course, I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Just can't see why such a fuss has to be made about us not taking all of our chances. References to previous seasons have some relevance with regards to it coming back to bite us in some games, but as I posted earlier, if we're doing a season on season comparison, it took us 7 and 5 games respectively to reach 9 points in 2014-15, and 2015-16.

Things are looking great at the moment - as I said, I'm sure more difficult times will come; I just don't see the point in stressing about hypotheticals when the going is good. Enjoy it.

Pete
Has anyone used the terms "bed wetter" or "happy clapper" yet?

Edit: Too late. Here comes trouble.

cabbageandribs1875

anyone who thinks a hibs fan is not happy at winning our first 3 games is just plain cuckoo, or looking for an arguement

Stevie Reid
King of the happy clappers :grr:

Finally! :greengrin

mutley
20-08-2016, 05:26 PM

Well hopefully we can tuck away a few more wins first, get a bit of a gap at the top then dropping a few might not make a difference.

It's only when we are teams around us (that we should be beating) that it gets annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
Of course, I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Just can't see why such a fuss has to be made about us not taking all of our chances. References to previous seasons have some relevance with regards to it coming back to bite us in some games, but as I posted earlier, if we're doing a season on season comparison, it took us 7 and 5 games respectively to reach 9 points in 2014-15, and 2015-16.

Things are looking great at the moment - as I said, I'm sure more difficult times will come; I just don't see the point in stressing about hypotheticals when the going is good. Enjoy it.

The fuss has been caused by the hysterical reaction to people who try and discuss an aspect of our game that could be improved upon, there's not been a fuss made over us not taking our chances.

Stevie Reid

No they're not. That was exactly the point I was making, obviously.

Folk can take issue with what they like - as can I. But that's enough of stating the obvious.

Of course discussing the game is good. I'm just encouraging folk to worry less, as it's really an extremely futile exercise.

Sas_The_Hibby
20-08-2016, 05:30 PM

Aaah! Playing the 6-2 card! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
No they're not. That was exactly the point I was making, obviously.

Folk can take issue with what they like - as can I. But that's enough of stating the obvious.

Of course discussing the game is good. I'm just encouraging folk to worry less, as it's really an extremely futile exercise.

You really were not.

Stevie Reid
The fuss has been caused by the hysterical reaction to people who try and discuss an aspect of our game that could be improved upon, there's not been a fuss made over us not taking our chances.

Hysterical? Right then.

No one is making a fuss. SAS stated that we aren't taking enough of our chances, I said that quite clearly we are. Others have said it would be nice to score more, some have also been expressing concerns that not doing so may harm us later in the season. That's about all the size of it, I think.

There's a spectacular irony in getting told I'm being hysterical when most of my posts have been telling folk to relax and enjoy themselves. Sorry for flying off the handle like that. I'll try and calm down.

Stevie Reid
20-08-2016, 05:31 PM
Aaah! Playing the 6-2 card! :greengrin

Stevie Reid
20-08-2016, 05:31 PM
You really were not.

I can only conclude from that that you haven't been reading my posts. What exactly have I been doing then?

Libby Hibby
20-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Relax people, played 3, won 3, our team we love can do no more

bingo70
20-08-2016, 05:36 PM
Hysterical? Right then.

No one is making a fuss. SAS stated that we aren't taking enough of our chances, I said that quite clearly we are. Others have said it would be nice to score more, some have also been expressing concerns that not doing so may harm us later in the season. That's about all the size of it, I think.

There's a spectacular irony in getting told I'm being hysterical when most of my posts have been telling folk to relax and enjoy themselves. Sorry for flying off the handle like that. I'll try and calm down.

Wasnae talking about you, stop being so hysterical

Stevie Reid
20-08-2016, 05:37 PM
Wasnae talking about you, stop being so hysterical

superfurryhibby
The last two pages, FFS.

FWIW, discussing the merits of our performance, including finishing goalscoring opportunities is perfectly reasonable and any retort that depends on we got three points, be happy etc fails to grasp the point of a footy discussion forum.

No one has said it wasn't good enough, so lets get a grip.

Thecat23
Great win for Hibs, great win for the team and great for the fans.

Holts a player and will contribute to us winning the league. His off the ball game and the way he helps Jason is superb.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2016, 05:38 PM
Delighted with this. Couldn't believe the negative response to what I felt was a good performance last week - to significantly improve the squad and get another win is very pleasing indeed.

Too true. If people can't be satisfied with this start, they'll never be happy.

Your first 3 posts on this thread, not one mention of encouragement, just criticism of folk having an opinion.

Super_JMcGinn
20-08-2016, 05:38 PM

We have a certain poster slagging off Bartley before the game even starts and another one writing off Holt. I understand we could have scored a barrow load today and dominated the match, so much so Chick Young sounded like he had just caught his wife in bed with his son. But we have 9 out of 9 and looking stronger than we have for a number of years.
Not a dig at you btw, just happened to reply to your post :aok:.

Borderhibbie76
20-08-2016, 05:39 PM
I'd hate to see this forum if we had lost our first 3 games...let's chill folks and enjoy the start to the season. I'm pretty certain more goals will come as the team starts to gel further - but we were never in any danger in that game today - that's the most in control I've seen us away from home in quite some time - maybe since the 4 1 win there last season

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2016, 05:41 PM
I'd hate to see this forum if we had lost our first 3 games...let's chill folks and enjoy the start to the season. I'm pretty certain more goals will come as the team starts to gel further - but we were never in any danger in that game today - that's the most in control I've seen us away from home in quite some time - maybe since the 4 1 win there last season

We pissed it, did they even have a shot on goal that troubled Laidlaw?

Thecat23
20-08-2016, 05:42 PM
We have a certain poster slagging off Bartley before the game even starts and another one writing off Holt. I understand we could have scored a barrow load today and dominated the match, so much so Chick Young sounded like he had just caught his wife in bed with his son. But we have 9 out of 9 and looking stronger than we have for a number of years.

Did you not used to slate Paul Hanlon? Or have I got you mixed up with someone else?

Agree with your point though. Great to have 9 points and that's all that matters. Folk can discuss players and performances its what's footballs about. It's when they just simply take a dislike and slate them for the sake of it.

Borderhibbie76
20-08-2016, 05:43 PM
We pissed it, did they even have a shot on goal that troubled Laidlaw?
One tame shot 2nd half which he saved down at his post apart from that I don't remember a shot on target do u?? Bit annoying we took our foot off the gas 2nd half until the subs freshened things up but that's perhaps being over critical. Strong looking bench today too and thought Bartley was back to his best in his favoured position / formation as the anchor in midfield

Thecat23
20-08-2016, 05:44 PM
Every single poster on here have said its about winning the league and getting 3 points. Hibs dominate and get another three points. I fail to see why anyone would even bother about anything negative just now.

The Hibees are flying 😎

Stevie Reid
20-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Your first 3 posts on this thread, not one mention of encouragement, just criticism of folk having an opinion.

I think the third could be considered critical. You're off the mark with the other two though.

Aldo
20-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Did you not used to slate Paul Hanlon? Or have I got you mixed up with someone else? Agree with your point though. Great to have 9 points and that's all that matters. Folk can discuss players and performances its what's footballs about. It's when they just simply take a dislike and slate them for the sake of it.

Tell you what TC ... I'd rather all our players played pish and we won than we played superb and drew or even lost.

We need out of this league and by any means IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2016, 05:46 PM
One tame shot 2nd half which he saved down at his post apart from that I don't remember a shot on target do u?? Bit annoying we took our foot off the gas 2nd half until the subs freshened things up but that's perhaps being over critical. Strong looking bench today too and thought Bartley was back to his best in his favoured position / formation as the anchor in midfield

Cant remember that shot, might have gone for a pee? Bartley did that holding job well today, let McGinn and McGeouch get forward. :thumbsup:

I like the small glimpse of Shinnie too, he looks pacy with good ability, i think he will on todays showing create openings for his teammates and himself.

greenlex
20-08-2016, 05:47 PM
:faf::kettle:

brog
20-08-2016, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=greenlex;4797786]My point is we won comfortably away from home whilst dominating the match. We restricted them to one shot on target whilst converting two of our seven on target. I think the comparison with the last two seasons is night and day.[/QUOT

IIRC we won 4-1 in Paisley in our first visit there last season so it's hardly night & day!

staunchhibby
20-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Good day out another 3 points.It was that good that Saints never managed to win a corner.Thought they were a poor side dont think we have much to fear.

greenlex
20-08-2016, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE=greenlex;4797786]My point is we won comfortably away from home whilst dominating the match. We restricted them to one shot on target whilst converting two of our seven on target. I think the comparison with the last two seasons is night and day.[/QUOT

IIRC we won 4-1 in Paisley in our first visit there last season so it's hardly night & day!
In general terms regards just winning games by the odd goal and leaving ourselves open to dropping points it is. That was the original gripe.

greenteam
20-08-2016, 05:52 PM
A quote from today on the BBC.
"Lets go to Love Street where it's been an embarrassing day for the home side"
Nuff sed in my HO

--------
20-08-2016, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=brog;4797876]
In general terms regards just winning games by the odd goal and leaving ourselves open to dropping points it is. That was the original gripe.

Yes, it's important to make sure that once we're ahead in a game, we close it out safely and securely. Goal difference could always prove important in the latter stages, so we do want to take as many of the chances we create as possible. But there are ways to say this without attacking or abusing our own players personally, which some posters seem to find it a little too easy and acceptable to do.

I have to admit that I've done it myself in the past and I regret those occasions now. It does no one any good - certainly not the team or the club.

greenlex
20-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Good day out another 3 points.It was that good that Saints never managed to win a corner.Thought they were a poor side dont think we have much to fear.
On the sportscene full time programme the stats for the game came up. They had St Mirrens corner count at -1:faf: I thought how is that even possible/

Albanian Hibs
20-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Huns in central greetin at police cause we singing warbatons a fanny

Sitting beside a couple of them now on the train back and all they have talked about is playing in the big league.....yawn

Bostonhibby
20-08-2016, 06:02 PM
8 points behind us already!
I blame the budget, that and the bloated purple faced Billy broon wanabee currently managing them until the yam sack Robbie

brog
20-08-2016, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=brog;4797876]

I'm very happy with our start but really there's very little difference from last season so far. We won both those away games in our first visits last season. We have no direct comparison with Pars of course but the result was better than the performance last week IMO. I think we may find we have a flip flop this season in that we'll be stronger away but may not be as commanding at home, we only lost 1 home game all last season. Hopefully we'll be invincible home & away but I think it's too early to be making comparisons with last season.

mjhibby
20-08-2016, 06:06 PM

It's in our Scottish DNA. We have to have something to moan about. Apparently we expand more than double the energy when we get beat as we do celebrating a win. We just can't help it.

mjhibby
20-08-2016, 06:10 PM
I just feel a feeling of serenity right now. When I seen the first couple of fixtures I thought it was a tough start. There are always a couple of teams who start well and it's Raith and QoS this year. For once we have flown out the blocks as well.

lord bunberry
20-08-2016, 06:10 PM
That was as easy a win as I've seen all season. We were a bit wasteful, but that was once we were 2 ahead. Shinniesta was shooting on sight, Cummings had a couple of decent chances and sjm hit the bar. Holt didn't have a great game, but he didn't need to. The only slight worry is that it's only Cummings scoring, if he isn't playing or isn't scoring, will the other players be able to step up to the plate and score.

GreenCastle
20-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Very professional performance.

Cummings could have had 3 at least.

Holt did well again - he adds a different dimension to our attack.

Great to have Dylan playing - him and Fyvie add so much more to this team.

Team played some really good football and should have had more - goal difference and all that but 3 points most important.

Definitely more strength on bench this week and Shinnie especially looked very good when he came on.

This team will continue to get better - St Mirren were the worst team we have played so far this season.

northstandhibby
20-08-2016, 06:26 PM
:thumbsup:

Job done Hibernian. Another 2 goals for The goal machine JC, well done young man. Good all round team performance.

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
20-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Well I think it is harsh unbelievable after such a dominant display still people are on here posting negatives - I still don't think he was poor today and nor did the majority of crowd should gave him a standing ovation when he went off.

Exactly....Usual nonsense from some

Super_JMcGinn
20-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Did you not used to slate Paul Hanlon? Or have I got you mixed up with someone else?

Agree with your point though. Great to have 9 points and that's all that matters. Folk can discuss players and performances its what's footballs about. It's when they just simply take a dislike and slate them for the sake of it.
I slate Hanlon when I think it is warranted, unlike Holt and Bartley he has been at the club nigh on 10years. I would never slate a player before he has even kicked a ball or been at the club a matter of weeks.

PatHead
20-08-2016, 06:53 PM
I slate Hanlon when I think it is warranted, unlike Holt and Bartley he has been at the club nigh on 10years. I would never slate a player before he has even kicked a ball or been at the club a matter of weeks.

Why do you have to slate any Hibs player, then take pride in it?

Super_JMcGinn
20-08-2016, 06:53 PM
:faf::kettle:
This from someone who wrote off Gunnarsson in his first 20 minutes, stop trolling me old man, it's getting wearisome.

Super_JMcGinn
20-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Why do you have to slate any Hibs player?
I slate him on a fans forum when I feel it's warranted,never at the game itself. I have an opinion on him which is based over a number of years, not a matter of weeks.

I don't take pride in it, you made that up.

greenteam
20-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Let me sum up this season, like every season I can remember. ..lots of points till Christmas and then the famous Hibee slump..then all the good work destroyed.
Apart from the last time we won this league we have failed badly after Christmas. . (Remember our league position the year we got relegated).
However this years different I believe. .A More tactical manager and great signings. ..I honestly cant see us losing many games up to Christmas, but jeez..Please. .this year, lets not fall apart

Carheenlea
20-08-2016, 07:05 PM
Look forward to seeing McGinn`s rasping second half effort that came crashing back off the bar - he has had a few great efforts the last two weeks, so book your seat for Easter Road next Saturday as I suspect the goalposts will be uprooted by one of his thunderbolts very soon indeed.

Baldy Foghorn
20-08-2016, 07:05 PM
Let me sum up this season, like every season I can remember. ..lots of points till Christmas and then the famous Hibee slump..then all the good work destroyed.
Apart from the last time we won this league we have failed badly after Christmas. . (Remember our league position the year we got relegated).
However this years different I believe. .A More tactical manager and great signings. ..I honestly cant see us losing many games up to Christmas, but jeez..Please. .this year, lets not fall apart

:aok:That's the spirit

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2016, 07:08 PM
This from someone who wrote off Gunnarsson in his first 20 minutes, stop trolling me old man, it's getting wearisome.

absolutely no need you ageist you

greenlex
20-08-2016, 07:09 PM

😂😂 stop it.

Sergey
20-08-2016, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE=greenlex;4797879]

I'm very happy with our start but really there's very little difference from last season so far. We won both those away games in our first visits last season. We have no direct comparison with Pars of course but the result was better than the performance last week IMO. I think we may find we have a flip flop this season in that we'll be stronger away but may not be as commanding at home, we only lost 1 home game all last season. Hopefully we'll be invincible home & away but I think it's too early to be making comparisons with last season.

Exactly - we're only 3 matched into the season and we've beaten the teams that currently sit 7th, 8th & 9th in the league. Maybe comparisons after we have played 10 matches would be a better indicator.

Pete
20-08-2016, 07:11 PM

It's as if we're getting back to this faulty DNA thing again which I thought would be over after the cup win.

Teams hardly ever go through a season without having a sticky spell so lets just worry about ours when/if it actually happens.

Big L
20-08-2016, 07:12 PM
Stubbs was soft! Lennon won't let that happen. Their will be no bad runs like last season, believe me!

Blaster
20-08-2016, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=brog;4797893]

Exactly - we're only 3 matched into the season and we've beaten the teams that currently sit 7th, 8th & 9th in the league. Maybe comparisons after we have played 10 matches would be a better indicator.

Maybe they are that low down because we beat them in 1 of their 3 games??

Baldy Foghorn
20-08-2016, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=brog;4797893]

They weren't sitting 7th, 8th and 9th when we played them. First time since 1974 we have won opening 3 matches, you can only beat whats in front of you:rolleyes:

Halifaxhibby
20-08-2016, 07:43 PM
9/9 two away games...fail to see any argument to be honest.

GGTTH
FTHMFC

Sas_The_Hibby
20-08-2016, 07:44 PM
On the sportscene full time programme the stats for the game came up. They had St Mirrens corner count at -1:faf: I thought how is that even possible/

It was a VERY badly taken corner......... :greengrin

theonlywayisup
20-08-2016, 07:46 PM
I should have kept quiet!

That would be good.

How long is it going to last?

:cb

Baldy Foghorn
20-08-2016, 07:49 PM
Very professional performance.

Cummings could have had 3 at least.

Holt did well again - he adds a different dimension to our attack.

Great to have Dylan playing - him and Fyvie add so much more to this team.

Team played some really good football and should have had more - goal difference and all that but 3 points most important.

Definitely more strength on bench this week and Shinnie especially looked very good when he came on.

This team will continue to get better - St Mirren were the worst team we have played so far this season.

:agree::agree:

WhileTheChief..
20-08-2016, 09:14 PM
Lack of goals might have been a problem if there was a dominant side in the league like Rangers or Hearts previously.

Totally different this year as we are the dominant side. Not a chance in hell that any of the other teams will be more consistent than us.

As soon as Raith drop some points we'll be clear at the top and won't be caught. The gap will grow as the season goes on.

cleanyman
20-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Hibs strolled it

St.Mirren are going to struggle this season

Phil MaGlass
20-08-2016, 09:39 PM
This year I am confident it will come good and we will hump afew teams with more than 4goals. Thats not the beer talking.

Finn2015
20-08-2016, 10:18 PM
Hibs strolled it

St.Mirren are going to struggle this season

Surprised by the buddies thought they would be challenging and around the top four

fulshie
21-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Wasn't at the game but, was glad to see the 5-3-2 formation ditched in favour of the 4-4-2.

BSEJVT
21-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Just watched the highlights ( its a weird experience without sound) but have to say I was hugely heartened by the little I saw of our debutants.

I thought that one of the problems was that the team virtually picked itself for the last two seasons but with return of Fyvie & McGeouch from injury and these two signings the Manager now has plenty of options.

Doubtless we will need them as the season develops, but those that are in the team will need to play well to stay there.

Neil Lennon doesn't strike me as the type of manager afraid to change things and drop players if necessary and that can only be a good thing for the season ahead.

Was much happier to see us playing with only 2 centre halfs, our midfield and forward options are now the best in the league by the length of Leith Walk and we should IMO be playing to those strengths.