PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Games

Keyser Sauzee
19-08-2016, 05:37 PM
Having a look to see what games are on TV and I can't find the Dundee Hamilton game anywhere, if it's not to be on TV then I have no idea why it has been scheduled for a Friday evening KO???

Hibee87
19-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Having a look to see what games are on TV and I can't find the Dundee Hamilton game anywhere, if it's not to be on TV then I have no idea why it has been scheduled for a Friday evening KO???

Dundee utd at home tomorrow 👍

hibee_girl
19-08-2016, 06:07 PM
It's not on tv, it was moved because Dundee Utd are at home tomorrow

Keyser Sauzee
19-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Ahh right enough, cheers

Wheat Hound
19-08-2016, 06:47 PM
Man Utd v Southampton on SS1.

Rachel Riley presenting 😍😍😍

Craig_in_Prague
19-08-2016, 06:49 PM

Are Premiership Friday night games going to be often this season?

GordonHFC
19-08-2016, 06:49 PM

Was thinking of cancelling SS but no chance now 😚

Bishop Hibee
19-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Surprised Dundee had to move given they are in the Premiership. Wonder what the criteria was?

Billy Whizz
19-08-2016, 06:55 PM

When did she get the gig

RoxburghHibs
19-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Surprised Dundee had to move given they are in the Premiership. Wonder what the criteria was?

They have an agreement whereby they rotate who gets priority. It must be Dundee Utds turn.

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Was thinking of cancelling SS but no chance now 😚

:greengrin

Looking forward to see how Pogba gets on.

Sir David Gray
19-08-2016, 06:59 PM

Paul Hartley lost a best of three battle of rock, paper, scissors with Ray McKinnon.

True story.

Pete
19-08-2016, 07:13 PM
United line up includes Zlatan, Pogba, Rooney, Fellaini, Bailly and Martial. Big, strong boys.
Coupled with their agricultural manager it looks like they are going to try and bully, clog and muscle their way back to the top four. It will be interesting to see if Peps footballing side can see them off by running rings round them or if they will just end up getting kicked, elbowed and hoofed off the park.

Man Utd look like they might be the hearts of the Barclays premier league.

flash
19-08-2016, 07:15 PM
Aye not much skill amongst that lot right enough.

Hibernia&Alba
United line up includes Zlatan, Pogba, Rooney, Fellaini, Bailly and Martial. Big, strong boys.
Coupled with their agricultural manager it looks like they are going to try and bully, clog and muscle their way back to the top four. It will be interesting to see if Peps footballing side can see them off by running rings round them or if they will just end up getting kicked, elbowed and hoofed off the park.

:faf:

Someone is worried :cb

Pete
Aye not much skill amongst that lot right enough.

There is skill at Tynecastle but...

Keyser Sauzee
19-08-2016, 07:17 PM

Their team does have Jose Mourinho written all over it but not sure how u can mention the players u have and almost dismiss their footballing ability?

Sir David Gray
19-08-2016, 07:17 PM

:faf:

Callum7
19-08-2016, 07:19 PM

Aye, but they lost to Dumbarton. :cb

SteveHFC
19-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Aye, but they lost to Dumbarton. :cb

and other ***** like that.

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Lots of United possession so far, but Southampton look sharp when they have the ball.

Sir David Gray
19-08-2016, 07:28 PM

That sounds like a good line for a song.

I wonder if it will catch on. :greengrin

heretoday
19-08-2016, 07:32 PM
I'd loov it if the Saints popped one in. This commentator is so grovelling in his remarks about Man Utd it's untrue.

Come on Saints!

Haymaker
19-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Took my saints mates over 7 hours to get to OT tonight. Disgraceful really

Sir David Gray
1-0 United, Zlatan

Pete
"Wayne Rooney looking every ounce of his 15 stone" - BBC feed.

Ouch.

Not watching the game but I bet it's a right bruising encounter...for Southampton.

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2016, 07:39 PM

Agreed. Travelling all that way on a Friday and won't get home until the middle of the night. Fans aren't considered and TV calls the shots.

Nice finish by Zlatan.

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Alan Smith is a bit of a perv, apparently all of old trafford want to see Pogba opening his legs?

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2016, 07:47 PM
Alan Smith is a bit of a perv, apparently all of old trafford want to see Pogba opening his legs?

Aye, a proper Colemanballs moment. Pogba is a cracking player, but that isn't something I'm desperate to see.

Pete
19-08-2016, 08:02 PM
Watched the last we bit of the second half and in that brief time I could see that Utd look like a Mourinho team. Well organised, compact but pretty boring.

Will Utd fans accept winning football if it is as dull as dishwater?

Jonnyboy
19-08-2016, 08:06 PM

Stuck on the motorway with loads of Man U fans, presumably :wink:

Coco Bryce
19-08-2016, 08:07 PM
I'm watching the Dundee - Hamilton game. Poor stuff to be honest.

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Southampton still look a good side, despite losing their manager and a few big name players. Good team spirit there.

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Penalty.

Sir David Gray
19-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Penalty for United.

Sir David Gray
19-08-2016, 08:10 PM
2-0 Zlatan.

Jonnyboy
19-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Southampton still look a good side, despite losing their manager and a few big name players. Good team spirit there.

:agree: Shame their strip is absolutely honking though :greengrin

Haymaker
19-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Stuck on the motorway with loads of Man U fans, presumably :wink:

Maybe!

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Pogba should have buried the header.

Finn2015
19-08-2016, 08:28 PM
Zlatan going to skoosh this league

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2016, 08:31 PM
It already looks like United are getting the ball forward much quicker than they did under Van Gaal and are making more chances. I still think another defender is needed.

Pete
19-08-2016, 08:31 PM
A few empty seats at the theatre of dreams.

Billy Whizz
19-08-2016, 08:32 PM

It's a long way on a Friday night to Manchester

lucky
19-08-2016, 08:36 PM

You've posted some dross on this thread. United are a big strong team but are an excellent watch. United hardly committed a foul and I'm not seeing many empty seats the crowd is well over 72000 so it's hardly a poor turnout

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2016, 08:41 PM
You've posted some dross on this thread. United are a big strong team but are an excellent watch. United hardly committed a foul and I'm not seeing many empty seats the crowd is well over 72000 so it's hardly a poor turnout

I think Peter is a tad worried about the Manchester derby in a few weeks time and is starting the mind games early. Have to say I think City will be the team to beat.

Pete
19-08-2016, 08:52 PM
I think Peter is a tad worried about the Manchester derby in a few weeks time and is starting the mind games early. Have to say I think City will be the team to beat.

Just a casual observer mate.

I can't decide if Utd were good tonight or if Southampton were that bad that they made them look good.

Allant1981
19-08-2016, 09:03 PM

Im guessing you dont like man utd, you have been way off the mark with everything you have posted on this thread

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Im guessing you dont like man utd, you have been way off the mark with everything you have posted on this thread

Peter is a 'casual observer' who just happens to get very excited when Man City are on :greengrin

Pete
19-08-2016, 09:08 PM

Well If I've been wide of the mark I don't know why you quoted my only post that was anything but. :greengrin

Allant1981
19-08-2016, 09:12 PM
Well If I've been wide of the mark I don't know why you quoted my only post that was anything but. :greengrin

Just short of full house so you were wrong again

Pete
19-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Just short of full house so you were wrong again

So there were a few empty seats then. ;-)

Allant1981
19-08-2016, 09:17 PM
So there were a few empty seats then. ;-)

Well aye technically but you werent meaning a couple of hundred spare seats!!

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2016, 09:20 PM
i'm no manchester fan, either team but there's empty seats all over the shop at the emptyhad every home game.

They advertise tickets for every home game on the radio down here, they are hardly bursting the doors down to get in considering the money they've spent.

Pete
19-08-2016, 09:49 PM
i'm no manchester fan, either team but there's empty seats all over the shop at the emptyhad every home game.

They advertise tickets for every home game on the radio down here, they are hardly bursting the doors down to get in considering the money they've spent.

They've expanded and are making room for the fair weather fans. Build it and they will come.

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2016, 09:52 PM
They've expanded and are making room for the fair weather fans. Build it and they will come.

Yes thats happened at West ham, not so at the emptyhad though.

Pete
19-08-2016, 09:59 PM
Yes thats happened at West ham, not so at the emptyhad though.

I think they will once Guardiola stamps his authority on the team. The football on offer will probably attract the glory hunters and another expansion of the ground will be on the cards.

Glory hunters have a choice. Do you want to watch swashbuckling, Jack Sparrow type football that City offer or do you want to see a stuffy, East India Company Mourinho team?

The sky is the limit and they are just making a bit of room. ;-)

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2016, 10:02 PM
I think they will once Guardiola stamps his authority on the team. The football on offer will probably attract the glory hunters and another expansion of the ground will be on the cards.

Glory hunters have a choice. Do you want to watch swashbuckling, Jack Sparrow type football that City offer or do you want to see a stuffy, East India Company Mourinho team?

The sky is the limit and they are just making a bit of room. ;-)

No chance, they can't even sell out for some European games. Pep Guardiola wont be there that long for that scenario to ever happen.

Finn2015
19-08-2016, 10:14 PM
Can see guardiola one day returning to Barca. Emotional ties and all that

Jim44
19-08-2016, 10:19 PM
I'm watching the Dundee - Hamilton game. Poor stuff to be honest.

Listened to the game on the car radio tonight. Kevin Thomson and Tam McManus were co-commentating with Rob McLean. Kevin was actually quite good, as was Tam and certainly aided McLean's boring dirge.

Dashing Bob S
19-08-2016, 10:25 PM
No chance, they can't even sell out for some European games. Pep Guardiola wont be there that long for that scenario to ever happen.

City are victims of their own 'anti glory hunter' culture, that was built up when the club was floundering. Even now it remains relatively inhospitable terrain for bandwagon jumpers.

Doesn't really matter with their owner's wealth - such is the perversity of modern football they could play to an empty stadium and still be classed as one of the 'biggest' clubs in the world.

hibees 7062
19-08-2016, 10:29 PM

:greengrin

jgl07
19-08-2016, 10:45 PM
6,000 empty seats?

silverhibee
19-08-2016, 11:15 PM
Just a casual observer mate.

I can't decide if Utd were good tonight or if Southampton were that bad that they made them look good.

Man Utd were good tonight and will only get better.

just an observation PP. :greengrin

Pete
20-08-2016, 05:43 AM
6,000 empty seats?

Well we had only 4000 empty seats for our last home game so we must be a bigger team than them. That's going by the Gorgie rules. :greengrin

Man Utd were good tonight and will only get better.

just an observation PP. :greengrin

Banter aside, I share that opinion. They were good but they had one or two frailties which I'm sure the meticulous Mourinhi will sort out. The tests will come against the top dogs like Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Spurs and if they shut up shop against them then who knows.

Allant1981
20-08-2016, 07:47 AM
6,000 empty seats?

Sure they said there was 75000 at the game last night?