PDA

View Full Version : NHC St Johnstone wtf

declan macmanus
19-08-2016, 03:19 PM
Because Celtic have sold all of their tickets for the away end, St Johnstone have stopped selling tickets for the home end too? If I was a Saints fan (I know), I'd be raging.

Stewboy
19-08-2016, 03:21 PM
At least it's better than Killie who bend over and take the Old Firm Boaby

mutley
19-08-2016, 03:25 PM
I read this earlier, it's mental, just because Celtic sold out, only ST or already bought tickets will get in!! Financially StJ will take a hit but not letting anyone else in with plenty seats empty sounds crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

007 Mickey Weir
19-08-2016, 03:27 PM
Why do all teams not have a system like ours where you need to be on the data base. Stops old firm fans (or makes it more difficult) buying in home end

HTD1875
19-08-2016, 03:36 PM
St Johnstone fan at work saying that it is Police Scotland that have enforced this and they will be doing the same at other grounds this season.

Vini1875
19-08-2016, 04:08 PM
I read this earlier, it's mental, just because Celtic sold out, only ST or already bought tickets will get in!! Financially StJ will take a hit but not letting anyone else in with plenty seats empty sounds crazy.

Don't think it is mental. Would you want all our empty seats to be taken by OF fans? They probably already have two stands with celtc fans in them already. I know they have done this with Hibs in the past. They have probably had complaints from their own fans and don't want to allienate them further, plus it will likely be on TV, so not such a big hit.

Billy Whizz
19-08-2016, 04:21 PM
In a distant past we used to get 1/2 of the main stand as well, do Celtic get that as well

mutley
19-08-2016, 04:25 PM
Don't think it is mental. Would you want all our empty seats to be taken by OF fans? They probably already have two stands with celtc fans in them already. I know they have done this with Hibs in the past. They have probably had complaints from their own fans and don't want to allienate them further, plus it will likely be on TV, so not such a big hit.

Sorry, that's not what I meant. The Celtic end has sold out, but no more HOME fans tickets will be sold, so there will be empty areas in the home end that home fans cannot buy them

DH1875
19-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Do St Johnstone not normally have a mixed stand anyway :confused: Pretty sure the stand opposite the away stand is usually mixed.

monktonharp
19-08-2016, 04:39 PM
Sorry, that's not what I meant. The Celtic end has sold out, but no more HOME fans tickets will be sold, so there will be empty areas in the home end that home fans cannot buy them

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI was initially puzzled with the post, but now I understand. they are stopping any Saints walk ups or online? that seems ludicrous.:confused:

Golden Bear
19-08-2016, 04:40 PM
St Johnstone fan at work saying that it is Police Scotland that have enforced this and they will be doing the same at other grounds this season.

And here'so me thinking that Police Scotland are a public body funded by the taxpayers. Just how wrong could I be! If they are responsible for any shortfalls in income arising from a decision made by themselves then perhaps they should make up the difference. Oh wait a minute though!

cabbageandribs1875
19-08-2016, 04:44 PM
one day in the future football fans will have to have a letter signed by a doctor, bank details given, divulge what they've been doing for the previous 48 hours, asked to attend a panel to see if they are 'fit and proper' to gain entrance to a football ground, then have to walk through an X-ray machine before being allowed through a turnstile....then get strip-searched after entering through said turnstile

and when that day comes hertz will still not have won the league cup again

monktonharp
19-08-2016, 04:51 PM
internal search a possibility:wink:

Arch Stanton
19-08-2016, 04:55 PM
Mind you, home fans can create a hell of a stushie if there is an away fan in their midst - certainly at ER I've seen our fans go ballistic. It just doesn't bother me - more income for the club I'd say.

The Captain....
19-08-2016, 05:09 PM
Seems a little heavy handed but if true Police Scotland have intervened they've got little choice.

It must drive the St Johnstone chairman mental that the people of Perth don't really turn out to watch their team in greater numbers. They've probably been the team (relative to size) to really take advantage of the Huns implosion and have had some decent finishes in the SPL/ Premier. Well run, decent manager, stadium finished..you'd think they'd attract more Perth punters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pete
19-08-2016, 05:18 PM
There's probably no methods in place for ensuring the infiltrators stay out because I don't think the board minded. It's all about getting the cash in so clubs can survive and if it's old firm fans then so be it. It's probably only their own fans opinions that are stopping them from giving the OF more.

It's not that these boards don't care, it's just the harsh reality of running a football club in a town like Perth. It must break their hearts to see so many people head west because their Granny was from Govan or Ireland so they simply have to go to Glasgow for their football.

StevieC
19-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Whilst they have stopped the public sale they are still allowing existing season ticket holders to purchase additional tickets for friends/family.

Old firm fans are notorious for pruchasing tickets in St Johnstone end, and has resulted in numerous confrontations in the past. Police/Security are probably right to close down public sale to avoid future confrontations.

Dashing Bob S
19-08-2016, 05:45 PM
internal search a possibility:wink:

Now where the hell did I put that Police Scotland application form?

MoscowHibs
19-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Now where the hell did I put that Police Scotland application form?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSYv1hfRiwhf8q1943dCQ1HjzpHKOsY R9SnDyTjU-7nkg3V6J2
Found it for ye.

Hi Heid Yin
20-08-2016, 12:17 PM
one day in the future football fans will have to have a letter signed by a doctor, bank details given, divulge what they've been doing for the previous 48 hours, asked to attend a panel to see if they are 'fit and proper' to gain entrance to a football ground, then have to walk through an X-ray machine before being allowed through a turnstile....then get strip-searched after entering through said turnstile

and when that day comes hertz will still not have won the league cup again

:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee::tee hee: