PDA

View Full Version : Fontaine out of St Mirren game

Ronniekirk
19-08-2016, 07:23 AM
Out injured and needs a scan to assess damage . Fyvie also not ready yet to feature , new goalie still not cleared to play and Keatings tolled his ankle in training so late decision on him
Shinnie in squad

H18 SFR
19-08-2016, 07:25 AM
4-4-2 surely now or Forster straight replacement for Fonts?

ian cruise
19-08-2016, 07:33 AM
4-4-2 surely now or Forster straight replacement for Fonts?

If it's 442 surely you wouldn't need a defender to replace Fonts. 2 central defenders would be Paul and Darren, with Lewis and Gray taking other two roles. We'd be replacing g Fonts with another midfielder unless you an on playing Hanson there?

I agree with the 442, go with a midfield of Shinnie, SJM, McGeough and Boyle. Have bench midfield heavy (Stanton, Harris and Martin) to give options to change things if need be or give these guys some time if we're quite comfortable

The_Horde
19-08-2016, 07:36 AM
If it's 442 surely you wouldn't need a defender to replace Fonts. 2 central defenders would be Paul and Darren, with Lewis and Gray taking other two roles. We'd be replacing g Fonts with another midfielder unless you an on playing Hanson there?

I agree with the 442, go with a midfield of Shinnie, SJM, McGeough and Boyle. Have bench midfield heavy (Stanton, Harris and Martin) to give options to change things if need be or give these guys some time if we're quite comfortable

That's why he said 'or'

Ronniekirk
19-08-2016, 07:42 AM
Thier defence leeks goals Think we need to go for this one and take game to them They havent won a leaugue game yet so pressure is also on them given last years start which put them out of promotion race
I know Queen of the South hit us on the Counter but Lennon wanted us to start imposing our game and putting teams away This game is oportunity to do exactly that

BoomtownHibees
19-08-2016, 07:43 AM

They will be too busy singing Mmmbop

GlesgaeHibby
19-08-2016, 07:47 AM
If that's the case I'd go with this team tomorrow:

Laidlaw
Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle McGeough McGinn Shinnie
Holt Cummings

Big_Franck
19-08-2016, 08:05 AM

Laidlaw
Holt Cummings

That's the team i'd go with as well. Hopefully Fontaine's not out for long but with him being injured it might force us in to playing four at the back and we look better with a 4 IMO. Shinnie obviously won't be 100% match fit but he can only get match sharpness by playing games. With Cummings, Holt, Boyle and Shinnie it would appear we'd have a good amount of goals in the team. The delay with the Israeli keeper is starting to get a bit frustrating though.

H18 SFR
19-08-2016, 08:18 AM

The question mark hopefully gives my point away.

CorrieHibs
19-08-2016, 08:29 AM

Laidlaw
Holt Cummings

That's the team I want to see start as well. Think it looks very strong and attacking in midfield.

Winston Ingram
19-08-2016, 08:41 AM
Hopefully that means we'll bin the back 5

linlithgowhibbie
19-08-2016, 09:01 AM
Why do we let the opposition know in advance who wont be playing?

Diclonius
19-08-2016, 09:21 AM

Laidlaw
Holt Cummings

This team 100%. We have pace now, let's use it.

007 Mickey Weir
19-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Laidlaw
Gray MacGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Bartley
McGinn McGeouch
Shinnie Cummings Boyle

Winston Ingram
19-08-2016, 11:34 AM
Laidlaw
Bartley
McGinn McGeouch
Shinnie Cummings Boyle

That's a crackin side:agree:

ian cruise
19-08-2016, 11:52 AM
That's why he said 'or'

Yup, totally misread that one.

Finn2015
19-08-2016, 12:44 PM
Laidlaw
Bartley
McGinn McGeouch
Shinnie Cummings Boyle

If Lennon leaves I want you as manager 👍

Eyrie
19-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Fontaine being out will be a blessing in disguise if it means dropping 3-5-2 so Gray and Stevenson can concentrate on doing what they do best - playing full back.

PatHead
19-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Not having a go at you Ronnie, but why let the opposition know about injuries?

Gives them an advantage in preparing their tactics.

Always think things like this are best kept in house. Leave them guessing which style we will play. Suppose we could still go 3 at the back with Forster

Billy Whizz
19-08-2016, 07:54 PM

Always think things like this are best kept in house. Leave them guessing which style we will play. Suppose we could still go 3 at the back with Forster

It's on Hibs TV, so out in the open

w pilton hibby
19-08-2016, 07:55 PM

Of course St Mirren could just spend 75p on the Evening News for an update

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-lennon-targeting-two-more-new-players-1-4206986

Ronniekirk
19-08-2016, 07:59 PM

All they needed to do was look on Hibs news 24/7 and Neil Lennon is spilling the beans
Just as go on to St Mirren site and they have two players out
Think Lennon is so confident he feels he doesnt need to bother about stuff like that
However wpuldnt be surprised if Keatings starts given he scored hat trick thier last season Rolled ankle my foot 😁

PatHead
20-08-2016, 08:14 AM
Sorry didn't realise this was in the general news. Rely on Hibs.net for all my updates!

Don't understand why teams give any advantage to the opposition by giving news away. Surely any advantage, no matter how small helps.

Brightside
20-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Laidlaw
McGeough McGinn
Cummings Shinnie Keatings
Holt.

Allant1981
20-08-2016, 08:53 AM
Laidlaw
McGeough McGinn
Cummings Shinnie Keatings
Holt.

Thought someone had said keatings was injured?

Brightside
20-08-2016, 08:57 AM
Thought someone had said keatings was injured?

Minor ankle strain in training...was still expected to be fit.

Allant1981
20-08-2016, 09:00 AM

Thats good, someone on another thread said he was out injured

JimBHibees
20-08-2016, 09:08 AM

Yep the manager seemed to be indicating he was back training so assume fine for today. Think he will score today. A repeat of his hat trick at the same ground last season would be sweet. One thing is for sure Graham coming in will put pressure on the forwards to perform.

erin go bragh
20-08-2016, 09:50 AM
442 But feel Boyle does better as an impact sub . So I'm going for

Laidlaw

Sir David
MacGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Martins
McGeouch
SJM
Shinnie