PDA

View Full Version : Strongest 11

Unseen work
19-08-2016, 12:41 AM
I'm struggling to come up with what I think will be our best team for getting us promoted.

Whether it's 352 or 442 or a diamond

Marciano

Gray mcgregor Hanlon Stevenson

Fyvie
Mcgeouch mcginn
Shinnie

Holt Cummings

Looks very good on paper but to me would lack the pace that we have lacked a lot latey.

Boyle should be starting or another winger should be signed with similar pace.

Lennon has big decisions to make.

Opinions?

fishybeaver
19-08-2016, 05:34 AM
I'm struggling to come up with what I think will be our best team for getting us promoted.

Whether it's 352 or 442 or a diamond

Marciano

Gray mcgregor Hanlon Stevenson

Fyvie
Mcgeouch mcginn
Shinnie

Holt Cummings

Looks very good on paper but to me would lack the pace that we have lacked a lot latey.

Boyle should be starting or another winger should be signed with similar pace.

Lennon has big decisions to make.

Opinions?

Not convinced Boyle is good enough for a regular starting slot. Lots of running but his final ball is usually lacking imo

makaveli1875
19-08-2016, 05:59 AM
marciano

stevenson
hanlon
mcgregor
gray

mcginn
mcgeouch
boyle

shinnie

holt
cummings

dont see the need for fyvie in the starting 11 , he is a defensive midfielder and our focus this season should be on attacking with pace so boyle should get the nod

Pete
19-08-2016, 06:30 AM
marciano

stevenson
hanlon
mcgregor
gray

mcginn
mcgeouch
boyle

shinnie

holt
cummings

dont see the need for fyvie in the starting 11 , he is a defensive midfielder and our focus this season should be on attacking with pace so boyle should get the nod

I would pick my back four or five, then Fraser Fyvie as my first pick in midfield and then build a team around that.

He is so much more than a simply a defensive midfielder.

California-Hibs
19-08-2016, 06:36 AM
I would pick my back four or five, then Fraser Fyvie as my first pick in midfield and then build a team around that.

He is so much more than a simply a defensive midfielder.

Agreed. Fyvie is a key player for us.

danhibees1875
19-08-2016, 07:19 AM
Marciano

Gray McGregor hanlon Stevenson
Fyvie
Mcginn McGeoch Shinnie

Keatings Cummings

Salt N Sauzee
19-08-2016, 07:29 AM
Since when was Fyvie a defensive midfielder? Has a lot more to offer going forward.

ian cruise
19-08-2016, 07:35 AM
Agreed. Fyvie is a key player for us.

Agree, when he's out we always struggle, suggesting to me he's key to our promotion push.

J-C
19-08-2016, 07:37 AM
I think with the injury records of 1 or 2 players we'll never see our strongest line up, it'll be whoever is fit and match sharp will play, it's really all about our shape and the tempo we play at, if Lennon doesn't get that right then it may be another year down here. We had the players last year but Stubbs wanted slow possession football, that has to change, quick paced high tempo.

Juice-Terry
19-08-2016, 08:08 AM
Sorry, but Fyvie a key player for us? With everyone fit he would be nowhere near my starting 11. Opinions eh?

pacoluna
19-08-2016, 08:09 AM
No width in any of these teams mentioned - purely because we haven't got any! other than boyle. We are crying out for a pacey left winger.

Michael
19-08-2016, 08:11 AM
Sorry, but Fyvie a key player for us? With everyone fit he would be nowhere near my starting 11. Opinions eh?

He never looks like a superstar, but we're far better when he's in the team.

J-C
19-08-2016, 09:31 AM
He never looks like a superstar, but we're far better when he's in the team.

Opinions eh! Must admit I'm no fan of Fyvie, I still don't know what kind of midfielder, on his day he's decent but I have seen too many poor off days from him, consistency?

neil7908
19-08-2016, 09:35 AM
I rate Fyvie but my preference would be for us to go 4-4-2 and for me Mcgeough and Mcginn are ahead of him as the two cental midfielders.

GreenOnions
19-08-2016, 10:05 AM
I'm pretty sure that, if everyone is fit - and barring any unusual tactical requirements - Lennon or any manager would select Fyvie, McGeouch and McGinn in their starting 11 every week. That should tell us a lot about Fraser Fyvie's ability. We may have different opinions and that's fine but IMO the only reason Fyvie has not started every game for us since he arrived is injuries.

AlbertK86
19-08-2016, 10:41 AM

He started cup final when all midfielders were fit and available

Very important player who is always available to take a pass from a team mate

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-08-2016, 10:56 AM

our form after he got injured away to Morton dropped. Sometimes he misplaces a pace, the crowd love a boo whenever he done that.

He also played excellent in the Cup Final. The midfield 3 from that final would be my first choice every week when fit

HibsNutter
19-08-2016, 11:02 AM
4-3-1-2

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Fyvie
McGinn

Shinnie

Holt (rotation with Keats)
Cummings

Imagine this is what Lennon will go with most of the time. Bringing on Boyle/Carmichael to stretch the game if needed.

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-08-2016, 11:09 AM
4-3-1-2

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Fyvie
McGinn

Shinnie

Cummings

Imagine this is what Lennon will go with most of the time. Bringing on Boyle/Carmichael to stretch the game if needed.

:agree:

This is the team for me

MWHIBBIES
19-08-2016, 11:09 AM
Opinions eh! Must admit I'm no fan of Fyvie, I still don't know what kind of midfielder, on his day he's decent but I have seen too many poor off days from him, consistency?
He has had about 2 bad games since he joined.

pacoluna
19-08-2016, 11:12 AM
4-3-1-2

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Fyvie
McGinn

Shinnie

Cummings

No width

Keyser Sauzee
19-08-2016, 11:30 AM
I agree to an extent about us not having enough width in last seasons squad and so far in this years however we managed to win the majority of our games last season, its only for the games we struggled that it was required so I think we will line up similarly to last year and the games where its not going to plan then bring on the width. That being said I think NL will stat with 3 of McGinn, Fyvie McGeough with Shinnie behind the front 2 and have Boyle (& new LW??) on the bench to stretch teams we are struggling to open up.

J-C
19-08-2016, 01:35 PM
He has had about 2 bad games since he joined.

I think more but it's all opinions, he just doesn't do it for me, I think he dwells too long on the ball and his passing at times can be awful but when he's in a Hibs shirt I'll support him and praise him when he plays well.

RoYO!
19-08-2016, 01:43 PM
Fyvie more than any other imo was the most prone to giving the ball away in key positions. Again, opinions!

Both Keatings and Boyle have come on massively in the last 12 months. And although wouldn't necessarily be in the strongest 11 are both going to be hugely important.

lucky
19-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Surprised that everyone is going with a keeper that no one has seen.

NAE NOOKIE
19-08-2016, 02:32 PM
As far as it goes its horses for courses for me .... on different days our best team will be the one capable of doing the job. Our best team at home to Dumbarton or Ayr Utd wont always be the one that will be most affective away to Falkirk or Dundee Utd .... Good cop out eh :greengrin

As for Fraser Fyvie, who seems to be the player most under discussion .... its a fact that he can have the odd bad game, but when he is on form he walks into the team for me, even when its not going for him he always tries to make things happen and IMO he is underrated by too many folk.

Craig_HFC
19-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Folk saying that Fraser Fyvie isn't in our strongest XI obviously don't watch enough or know enough about football.

Our form dropped off a cliff when he got injured last season. Plus he had a huge part to play in the equaliser and the winning goal on 21 May.

Fyvie is an excellent player and the whole team benefits when he's on the park.

Our strongest midfield contains McGeouch, Fyvie, McGinn and (probably) Shinnie.

MWHIBBIES
19-08-2016, 02:48 PM
Folk saying that Fraser Fyvie isn't in our strongest XI obviously don't watch enough or know enough about football.

Our form dropped off a cliff when he got injured last season. Plus he had a huge part to play in the equaliser and the winning goal on 21 May.

Our strongest midfield contains McGeouch, Fyvie, McGinn and (probably) Shinnie.Pretty much how I feel about it.

''Fyvie gives the ball away a lot'' - Aye, because Fyvie is the only one who is always available for a pass, especially from the back 4/5.
''He is inconsistent'' - 1 bad game at Ibrox

We didn't just hit poor form without Fyvie. McGinn and Bartley were hopeless without him and McGeouch. McGinn because no one gives him the ball and he has to do more defending. Bartley because he has to pass it further than 5 yards when Fyvie isn't there.

Fyvie is absolutely excellent and we should get him on a long-term contract asap.

jacomo
19-08-2016, 02:51 PM

Our strongest midfield contains McGeouch, Fyvie, McGinn and (probably) Shinnie.

:agree:

Not wishing to knock Katie, but I'm convinced we'd have won the League Cup if Fyvie had been fit to play instead of him.

Dom'sFirstTouch
19-08-2016, 05:08 PM
On the Fyvie debate, I'd have him in my team every week. Think his contribution is hugely underrated by some.

Regarding our strongest starting line up, it's pretty hard to say until we actually see the new goalie and Shinnie in action, but I certainly hope once they're up to speed they'll both be in there. I expect to see us playing a 442 of some sort. The back 4 and front 2 almost pick themselves, so it's just a case of the shape and line up in midfield, which will probably shift throughout the season dependant on who we're playing, form and injuries. What I really want to see is timely use of subs (like last week against Dunfermline) to change shape and tactics when things aren't working. By the end of the transfer window I expect us to have plenty of attacking options, so let's use them all. I'm not sure Lennon knows our best team/formation either yet either, but it's not really an issue as we're strong enough in most areas to have a few different permutations which should be good enough to win most of our games.