PDA

View Full Version : The new goalkeeper

Tamhere1875
17-08-2016, 08:49 PM
Looks like it's going to be another week or so before we get to see him if we ever do

Ringothedog
17-08-2016, 09:21 PM
Looks like it's going to be another week or so before we get to see him if we ever do

I take it you work for the home office ?

H18 SFR
17-08-2016, 09:25 PM

It's difficult to establish the accuracy of this without a hint of source of evidence. Care to expand a little?

Ronniekirk
17-08-2016, 09:35 PM
It's difficult to establish the accuracy of this without a hint of source of evidence. Care to expand a little?

I asume op speculating as no further announcement from club that he will play and no confirmation if he is even back in Edinburgh with clearance approved
But presumably that could change between now and Saturday , but if he hadn't trained with players all week ,i would stick with Laidlaw ,as he was fine on Saturday imo

Percy Vere
17-08-2016, 11:09 PM
I asume op speculating as no further announcement from club that he will play and no confirmation if he is even nack in Ebonbutgh with clearance approved
But presumably that cpuld change between now and Saturday , but if he hadt trained with playets all week i would stick with Laidlaw as he was fine on Saturfay imo

Hi Roonie
If he has gone to Ebonbutgh we may never actually see him.
But here's hoping he finds his way to Maester Rood soon 😁

Itsnoteasy
17-08-2016, 11:14 PM
So are we actually paying him. Or is he officially a paid employee after clearance?

NAE NOOKIE
17-08-2016, 11:30 PM
Seems a bit strange how long its taking ..... I presume that getting EPL players from outside the EU processed is taking priority, after all, this is the government who gave £3,000,000 of taxpayers money to China ( and I quote ) "to promote awareness of the English Premier League"

Its all a matter of priorities ....... the home office are probably still Googling Hibernian, just to make sure the club is 'kosher' ..... pun intended :greengrin

monktonharp
18-08-2016, 12:24 AM
Seems a bit strange how long its taking ..... I presume that getting EPL players from outside the EU processed is taking priority, after all, this is the government who gave £3,000,000 of taxpayers money to China ( and I quote ) "to promote awareness of the English Premier League"

Its all a matter of priorities ....... the home office are probably still Googling Hibernian, just to make sure the club is 'kosher' ..... pun intended :greengrindoes seem a bit strange that it's taken so long. however, the same government gives arms and technology and supports his country , who grab Palestinian land and restrict movemement , shoot youths on sight etc. don't understand why they cant just gie him free access to our land

HoboHarry
18-08-2016, 12:24 AM
I asume op speculating as no further announcement from club that he will play and no confirmation if he is even nack in Ebonbutgh with clearance approved
But presumably that cpuld change between now and Saturday , but if he hadt trained with playets all week i would stick with Laidlaw as he was fine on Saturfay imo
Typing with your head again Ronnie?

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2016, 01:34 AM
does seem a bit strange that it's taken so long. however, the same government gives arms and technology and supports his country , who grab Palestinian land and restrict movemement , shoot youths on sight etc. don't understand why they cant just gie him free access to our land

I'm well aware of the situation regarding Israel and the Palestinians mate. However, the last time I looked our prospective new goalie wasn't responsible for Israeli domestic or foreign policy and I don't think its going to help anybody, least of all him, if every time his situation comes up we get comments on the conduct of his country.

As I've said on here before, there are guys playing all over Europe who come from countries whose human rights abuses are every bit as repulsive as what Israel gets up to in Gaza or the west bank and nobody seems to be holding them ( the players ) to account for it ..... all I'm asking is that Marciano is extended the same courtesy.

Halifaxhibby
18-08-2016, 01:39 AM
does seem a bit strange that it's taken so long. however, the same government gives arms and technology and supports his country , who grab Palestinian land and restrict movemement , shoot youths on sight etc. don't understand why they cant just gie him free access to our land

Spot on bud!!!

Halifaxhibby
18-08-2016, 01:40 AM
Last time i checked, israel is closer to africa and middle east than europe!!!.

LancsHibs
18-08-2016, 05:51 AM
I'm well aware of the situation regarding Israel and the Palestinians mate. However, the last time I looked our prospective new goalie wasn't responsible for Israeli domestic or foreign policy and I don't think its going to help anybody, least of all him, if every time his situation comes up we get comments on the conduct of his country.

As I've said on here before, there are guys playing all over Europe who come from countries whose human rights abuses are every bit as repulsive as what Israel gets up to in Gaza or the west bank and nobody seems to be holding them ( the players ) to account for it ..... all I'm asking is that Marciano is extended the same courtesy.

Well said. The lad is here to play for Hibs, politics should be left out of it. The foreign/domestic policies of his country should not be used as a stick to beat him with. A wild generalisation, like saying everybody in England is responsible for Tory policies or everybody in Scotland supports SNP! I don't know what his politics are and not really interested in finding out I only hope he does well for Hibs and has my total support (until he chucks one in!)

JimBHibees
18-08-2016, 05:55 AM
Well said. The lad is here to play for Hibs, politics should be left out of it. The foreign/domestic policies of his country should not be used as a stick to beat him with. A wild generalisation, like saying everybody in England is responsible for Tory policies or everybody in Scotland supports SNP! I don't know what his politics are and not really interested in finding out I only hope he does well for Hibs and has my total support (until he chucks one in!)

And on that basis there wouldn't be many British players welcomed in other countries if their character was based on the foreign policy of their country.

Cocaine&Caviar
18-08-2016, 06:34 AM
Last time i checked, israel is closer to africa and middle east than europe!!!.

Surely its in the middle east?

Rubbish term for the area btw. West Asia.

Ronniekirk
18-08-2016, 06:57 AM
New phone?
No ,got my daughters old i 5 ,and keypad is very small ,and need gllasses and not post while watching the Olympics
But have edited post now

scoopyboy
18-08-2016, 06:57 AM

He doesn't exist, purely a ploy by Hibs to make us think we are signing players.

banarc7062
18-08-2016, 07:02 AM

Its all a matter of priorities ....... the home office are probably still Googling Hibernian, just to make sure the club is 'kosher' ..... pun intended :greengrin
More likely it is hun supporters who are processing the paperwork. GGTTH

Marco G
18-08-2016, 07:08 AM
So are we actually paying him. Or is he officially a paid employee after clearance?
Dont know if we are paying him, but Laidlaw has been talking about how good it has been to be training with him! George Craig had gone to Brussels to try to speed things up (EU or to visit his last loan club?) but I assume that Marciano has been training with us all that time and would be available to play as soon as he gets clearance.

monktonharp
18-08-2016, 10:35 AM

As I've said on here before, there are guys playing all over Europe who come from countries whose human rights abuses are every bit as repulsive as what Israel gets up to in Gaza or the west bank and nobody seems to be holding them ( the players ) to account for it ..... all I'm asking is that Marciano is extended the same courtesy.I am too, aware that the goalie has nowt to do the situation in his homeland, however you raised the subject in a previous post so don't lecture me on the politics of it

Diclonius
18-08-2016, 10:46 AM
I genuinely can't recall there ever being such a long period to wait for clearance to play a player after signing them.

GreenArmyyy!
18-08-2016, 10:46 AM
On Sunday or Monday Marciano's agent put on twitter it would be another 7-10 days due to work permit issues so would hope he'll be available for next weekend.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-08-2016, 11:07 AM
I genuinely can't recall there ever being such a long period to wait for clearance to play a player after signing them.

Didn't Zemmama take a bit of resolving (but that was between the clubs IIRC)

eastmainsmsh
18-08-2016, 11:09 AM
If it was either of old firm rocky would've been playing by now

Salt N Sauzee
18-08-2016, 11:19 AM

Good lord not this again

Kato
18-08-2016, 11:24 AM
Seems a bit strange how long its taking .....

Is Jim Farry back in charge of the fax at Hampden?

hughio
18-08-2016, 11:34 AM
He doesn't exist, purely a ploy by Hibs to make us think we are signing players.

No Scoopy..he was behind me in Lower West when Queen of South beat us...:cb

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2016, 12:01 PM
I am too, aware that the goalie has nowt to do the situation in his homeland, however you raised the subject in a previous post so don't lecture me on the politics of it

Which post was that? it certainly wasn't on this thread I don't think I've even been involved in a discussion about the Palestinian situation on the Holy Ground, never mind the main forum. Point me in the direction of this post and I'll be able to give it context.

FYI ... I wasn't 'lecturing' you personally even though it was your post I quoted .... it was really just a general comment which your post gave me the opportunity to make.

pacoluna
18-08-2016, 12:30 PM
No Scoopy..he was behind me in Lower West when Queen of South beat us...:cb
probably watched that match then changed his mind :greengrin

lucky
18-08-2016, 12:33 PM
Is he guaranteed a work permit? I thought non EU citizens had to have played a % of their countries last few ( don't know how many) internationals? To get one automatically. Remember Hibs got the blame for Jsson Scotland not getting his at appeal

Jamesie
18-08-2016, 12:47 PM
Am I alone in starting to think this guy might never ever kick a ball for us? We've had plenty of non-EU nationals who, like he apparently does, meets the relevant criteria but never faced such a delay. It's very unusual and Lennon made a comment to the effect he'd never experienced anything like it with previous Israeli signings.

CropleyWasGod
18-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Is he guaranteed a work permit? I thought non EU citizens had to have played a % of their countries last few ( don't know how many) internationals? To get one automatically. Remember Hibs got the blame for Jsson Scotland not getting his at appeal

No-one is guaranteed a work permit.

For all we know, the guy could have non-football stuff in his closet that is causing a problem.

Marco G
18-08-2016, 01:00 PM
No-one is guaranteed a work permit.

For all we know, the guy could have non-football stuff in his closet that is causing a problem.
Well he obviously had a work permit last season to play in Belgium, so I am assuming its just down to a slow due process being done for a UK work permit.

CropleyWasGod
18-08-2016, 01:16 PM
Well he obviously had a work permit last season to play in Belgium, so I am assuming its just down to a slow due process being done for a UK work permit.

And, more speculation of course, maybe the UK are more stringent in their checks on non-EU nationals who have been working in Belgium, given recent events..

I suspect that the entire process will be slower now than it has been in years, for obvious reasons.

Marco G
18-08-2016, 01:19 PM
And, more speculation of course, maybe the UK are more stringent in their checks on non-EU nationals who have been working in Belgium, given recent events..

I suspect that the entire process will be slower now than it has been in years, for obvious reasons.
I will leave you to speculate then! I will look forward to seeing our new keeper, in the not too distant future, I hope.

Iggy Pope
18-08-2016, 03:35 PM

I remember us playing two players before we had that clearance and it dragged on for ages before we lost both of them. One of them got my scarf. And they were very unthreatening Scandinavians. Unthreatening in terms of National security but very threatening to defences that didn't want setting on fire.

The Home office hate us. Probably cos we gave Ireland Home Rule (single handed) round about the time Hertz were winning the war and the BBC have hated us since! To be level with them, they were very probably hating Jewish people at the same time.

Get him in goals and be done with this.

Walter
18-08-2016, 09:00 PM
I remember us playing two players before we had that clearance and it dragged on for ages before we lost both of them. One of them got my scarf. And they were very unthreatening Scandinavians. Unthreatening in terms of National security but very threatening to defences that didn't want setting on fire.

The Home office hate us. Probably cos we gave Ireland Home Rule (single handed) round about the time Hertz were winning the war and the BBC have hated us since! To be level with them, they were very probably hating Jewish people at the same time.

Get him in goals and be done with this.

Who were the two?

JimBHibees
18-08-2016, 09:06 PM
Who were the two?

Isaac Refvik and Svein Matheison.

ancient hibee
18-08-2016, 09:09 PM
Think Hearts have been waiting for a clearance longer than us.

MartinfaePorty
18-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Think Hearts have been waiting for a clearance longer than us.

Is that not because the boy allegedly signed a contract with another club?

dalkeith stu
19-08-2016, 01:58 AM
Is that not because the boy allegedly signed a contract with another club?

Think it's international clearance with his registration and not home office clearance like us.

HoboHarry
19-08-2016, 02:02 AM
Isaac Refvik and Svein Matheison.
Only here a short time but I thought the world of wee Isak.....

ruthven_raiders
19-08-2016, 04:29 AM
Only here a short time but I thought the world of wee Isaac.....

Yeh I thought he was a wonderful player, shame they didn't stay longer....Sven Mathison died at the age of 58😥

HoboHarry
19-08-2016, 04:45 AM
Yeh I thought he was a wonderful player, shame they didn't stay longer....Sven Mathison died at the age of 58😥
I recall reading that at the time, no idea what Isak Refvik is doing now.....

Steve20
19-08-2016, 06:00 AM
I'll be surprised if we see him in goals before the international break. Bit of a farce since he was signed before the Falkirk game.

JimBHibees
19-08-2016, 06:34 AM
Only here a short time but I thought the world of wee Isak.....

Can remember him training with Rangers maybe a year or so after he had been at Hibs.

CapitalHibs
19-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Point is.....the two Norwegian laddies started a few times in a Hibs jersey, scoring a couple of goals on the way.. After a few weeks the work permit application was denied by the Home Office on the basis that they were not full International players at the time or some other nonsense. Bloody bureaucrats just seem to hate Hibs :rolleyes: