PDA

View Full Version : Midfield this season

makaveli1875
17-08-2016, 08:45 PM
with shinnie now signed up what do y'all think the midfield will look like

mcginn , shinnie , mcgeough and boyle sounds good to me

Sir David Gray
17-08-2016, 08:49 PM
Fyvie will start whenever he's available I would have thought.

Kaiserclem
17-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Fancying this......(until new signings arrive anyway lol)

Playing a 4-3-1-2

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGinn
McGeough
Fyvie

Shinnie

Holt
Cummings or Keatings (still think Cummings will go for big money)

hibbydog
18-08-2016, 03:45 PM
Fancying this......(until new signings arrive anyway lol)

Playing a 4-3-1-2

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGinn
McGeough
Fyvie

Shinnie

Holt
Cummings or Keatings (still think Cummings will go for big money)

Looks strong but a bit narrow. Maybes Boyle or AN Other fast wee winger instead of fyvie

18Craig75
18-08-2016, 03:49 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
New LB

McGinn
McGeough
Fyvie
New RM

Shinnie
Cummings

JDHibs
18-08-2016, 03:50 PM
By bringing Shinnie in I reckon NL wants to stick with 3-4-1-2 that hes been using s0...

Marciano

Fonts
Hanlon
McGregor

Stevenson
McGinn
McGeough
Gray

Shinnie

Holt
Cummings.

Not how i would line up, but i think thats how NL will line us up.

Finn2015
18-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Fyvie will start whenever he's available I would have thought.

Big fan of Fyvie think we have missed him

Unseen work
18-08-2016, 05:42 PM
Marciano

Gray mcgregor Hanlon

Boyle mcgeouch mcginn Stevenson

Shinnie

Cummings Holt

Hi Heid Yin
18-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Big fan of Fyvie think we have missed him

I agree.
When we lost Fyvie him and McGeouch last season we really suffered performance and results wise.

Zazu62
18-08-2016, 06:40 PM
So apart from Boyle we've still no got any decent wingers with pace and will be relying on gray and Stevenson as our wide players ?

J-C
18-08-2016, 10:54 PM
He might go 4-3-3

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Shinnie
Fyvie

Keatings
Holt
Cummings

B.H.F.C
18-08-2016, 11:08 PM
He might go 4-3-3

Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

McGeouch
Shinnie
Fyvie

Keatings
Holt
Cummings

Can't see McGinn sitting on the bench!

jacomo
18-08-2016, 11:12 PM
Looks strong but a bit narrow. Maybes Boyle or AN Other fast wee winger instead of fyvie

With all the players fit, the diamond works a treat.

GreenNWhiteArmy
18-08-2016, 11:14 PM
Due to the players we have the diamond is the best way to line up imo

Much prefer seeing Mcginn driving forward from left centre mid than stuck out on the wing. I think Shinnie coming in may unfortunately for Keatings, see him occupy the bench soon. Good thing is that gives us other options to change formation during the game if it isn't going our way with the likes of Boyle (who is much more effective coming off the bench I feel) also an option

monktonharp
18-08-2016, 11:52 PM
certainly looking like a lot more steel and options for our midfield. looking very much forward to this season. my only regret is the big Norwegian not kept. he was an excellent replacement at times and did well when on, at the final

Unseen work
19-08-2016, 12:32 AM
For us to win the league imo, a lot of good players won't be starting.

We can't play just play anyone out of fyvie, mcginn, mcgeouch, Bartley, Martin and shinnie. We need that pace and cutting edge

For me Boyle should be starting as his pace is ridiculous and causes teams a lot of problems. We need similar on the left or is shinnie capable of playing there?

Perhaps Boyle on the left and mcgeouch on the right?

Holt for similar reasons should start as he is a nuisance and something we have lacked in this league.

Smartie
19-08-2016, 06:41 AM
The diamond is great because it lets us play all our good central midfielders but it still asks too much of Gray and Stevenson in an attacking sense - both good fullbacks who are handy going forward and supporting wingers.

Boyle deserves a start, he's been lively throughout pre season and helped change the game last week.

I still think we need a left winger but maybe Crane, Keatings, Carmichael or Cummings could play there in the meantime.

433/ 451 is generally the way to go.

J-C
19-08-2016, 06:50 AM
Can't see McGinn sitting on the bench!

Meant to put McGinn instead of Fyvie

JDHibs
19-08-2016, 07:00 AM
The diamond is the sole reason we didnt get promoted last season.

That and Stubbs' stubborness to change from it.

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2016, 07:04 AM
I dont think we should be playing with Gray and Stevenson as our wide creative options. We might get away with it this season, but it is not an option i think we should be employing.

Although unless we sign a couple of wingbacks, this is exactly how we will be going.

nickwhibs
19-08-2016, 07:15 AM
442 with our midfield being:

Boyle--McGeough---McGinn---Shinnie (Cutting in)

pacoluna
19-08-2016, 07:35 AM
4-4-2
Marciano

Grey McG Hanlon Stevenson

McGeoch

Boyle harris/carmichael
McGinn

Shinnie
JC

3-5-2

Marciano
Fonts McG Hanlon

McGeoch

Grey McGinn Fyvie Harris/carmichael

Shinnie
JC
We need to play with width! so hopefully we sign a left sided midfielder if we play 3 at the back we surely can't persist on playing stevenson in left mid.

J-C
19-08-2016, 07:41 AM
4-4-2
Marciano

Grey McG Hanlon Stevenson

McGeoch

Boyle harris/carmichael
McGinn

Shinnie
JC

3-5-2

Marciano
Fonts McG Hanlon

McGeoch

Grey McGinn Fyvie Harris/carmichael

Shinnie
JC
We need to play with width! so hopefully we sign a left sided midfielder if we play 3 at the back we surely can't persist on playing stevenson in left mid.

I'm glad your no the manager :rolleyes:

pacoluna
19-08-2016, 07:46 AM
I'm glad your no the manager :rolleyes:

are you cautious of a bit width

J-C
19-08-2016, 07:53 AM
are you cautious of a bit width

Nope but apart from Boyle, Harris/Carmichael just aint good enough and Shinnie is not a forward, he's an attacking midfield, his manager at Birmingham said he plays in the 10 hole but the players there are in front of him just now. No way would I take out a natural scoring forward and replace him with a makeshift attacking midfielder. Shinnie was brought in to create for the 2 strikers as well as chipping in with a few.

staunchhibby
19-08-2016, 07:57 AM
Believe Fyvies knee injuryis still causing some concern.

pacoluna
19-08-2016, 08:05 AM
Nope but apart from Boyle, Harris/Carmichael just aint good enough and Shinnie is not a forward, he's an attacking midfield, his manager at Birmingham said he plays in the 10 hole but the players there are in front of him just now. No way would I take out a natural scoring forward and replace him with a makeshift attacking midfielder. Shinnie was brought in to create for the 2 strikers as well as chipping in with a few.

I am not entirely convinced yet by Holt, If shinnie can play on the left and cut in that could be an option, Still think a left sided midfielder with pace is what we are crying out for.

jacomo
19-08-2016, 08:52 AM
The diamond is the sole reason we didnt get promoted last season.

That and Stubbs' stubborness to change from it.

Ridiculous statement.

How about our midfield injury problems?

How about Stokes taking ages to get fit / other strikers drying up at key point in season?

Key decisions going against us?

Two cup finals stretching the squad?

JDHibs
19-08-2016, 09:01 AM
Ridiculous statement.

How about our midfield injury problems?

How about Stokes taking ages to get fit / other strikers drying up at key point in season?

Key decisions going against us?

Two cup finals stretching the squad?

In your opinion its a ridiculous statement.

Our midfield was more than strong enough to beat anyone in this league, even with injuries. How come the midfield injuries not hamper us in cup games?

Stokes not getting fit is again going back to Stubbs being stubborn and not changing it. The 2nd point I made. Should never have walked straight into our team when not fit.

Key decisions going against is an utter ******** excuse and a kop out. We werent good enough. We continually had 10+ shots on target against teams and scored 1 or 2 goals. Is that the officials fault aswell? How can teams like Dumbarton have 3 chances and score 2 goals yet we have 12 and score 1? That down to the officals aswell?

2 cup finals stretching the squad? Would help if Stubbs utilized the squad. Again, going back to my 2nd point.

We continual played well in a diamond against premiership teams due to them playing open football. The diamond does not work against teams who will sit back and defend. As seen countless times in league when we uad all the ball and all the play and teams woulf hit us on the break.

Only an idiot cant see that the formation was the issue in the league.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Blaster
19-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Trev I partly agree with you that the formation could have been changed from time to time but it worked in the main. We created lots of chances in some if these games but we weren't clinical enough

Almost similar this season. Had we scored the goals we should have in the first half against both QOS and Dunfermline we wouldn't be so hung up on formation. We need to be flexible and change it when required especially during games if it's not working

ian cruise
19-08-2016, 11:49 AM
For us to win the league imo, a lot of good players won't be starting.

We can't play just play anyone out of fyvie, mcginn, mcgeouch, Bartley, Martin and shinnie. We need that pace and cutting edge

For me Boyle should be starting as his pace is ridiculous and causes teams a lot of problems. We need similar on the left or is shinnie capable of playing there?

Perhaps Boyle on the left and mcgeouch on the right?

Holt for similar reasons should start as he is a nuisance and something we have lacked in this league.

Surely the answer is 4 6 0? Selling Cummings buy more midfielders such at Henderson and Mallan.