Scottish Cup
Hibs 2 Hearts 0

League Cup
Hearts 1 Hibs 0

Total

Hibs 5 Hearts 5

Trophies won
Hibs 1 Hearts 0

Hearts have had financial advantage over Hibs for more than 30 years. This started in the Mercer era, where they overspent and run up debt. It was increased in the Pieman era when Hearts won the Cup. It carried on in the Romanov era to an unprecedented degree when the club bumped local businesses and charities and funded cup wins on the back of money expropriated from Eastern European citizens through criminal activity. They were put into admin.

Since then, we have had a level financial playing field and are in a new era.

It can be argued that the current Hearts business model promotes stagnation and that they will not be spending big in the future, especially with urgent infrastructure projects to complete.

Of course this does not guarantee Hibs future domination of Edinburgh football. It does however, suggest that Hearts steroid assisted ascendancy is over. The handwringing on Kickback is indicative of the psychological trauma being incurred in this painful transition.

Shrekko
17-08-2016, 12:21 PM
League
Hibs 3 Hearts 4

Scottish Cup
Hibs 2 Hearts 0

League Cup
Hearts 1 Hibs 0

Total

Hibs 5 Hearts 5

Trophies won
Hibs 1 Hearts 0

Hearts have had financial advantage over Hibs for more than 30 years. This started in the Mercer era, where they overspent and run up debt. It was increased in the Pieman era when Hearts won the Cup. It carried on in the Romanov era to an unprecedented degree when the club bumped local businesses and charities and funded cup wins on the back of money expropriated from Eastern European citizens through criminal activity. They were put into admin.

It can be argued that the current Hearts business model promotes stagnation and that they will not be spending big in the future, especially with urgent infrastructure projects to complete.

Of course this does not guarantee Hibs future domination of Edinburgh football. It does however, suggest that Hearts steroid assisted ascendancy is over. The handwringing on Kickback is indicative of the psychological trauma being incurred in this painful transition.

When was the League Cup game??

CallumLaidlaw
17-08-2016, 12:22 PM
When was the League Cup game??

The night before Fenlon quit

Hi Heid Yin
17-08-2016, 12:22 PM
League
Hibs 3 Hearts 4

Scottish Cup
Hibs 2 Hearts 0

League Cup
Hearts 1 Hibs 0

Total

Hibs 5 Hearts 5

Trophies won
Hibs 1 Hearts 0

:top marksWell put that man.

Shrekko
17-08-2016, 12:24 PM

Ah right-I guess that was post doping but was it not pre admin?

Centre Hawf
17-08-2016, 12:29 PM
Ah right-I guess that was post doping but was it not pre admin?

No it was in the same season both of us went down. Believe it was the last game James Mistake ever played for us as well.

jacomo
17-08-2016, 12:32 PM
Just wait until their super duper Big stand is built, they will blow us out of the water LOL

Finn2015
17-08-2016, 12:47 PM
Just wait until their super duper Big stand is built, they will blow us out of the water LOL

Surely it wil seat all those 400,000 die hard a 😀

matty_f
17-08-2016, 12:51 PM
No it was in the same season both of us went down. Believe it was the last game James Mistake ever played for us as well.

Can't believe they won that night, we battered them throughout the first half, think we hit the post/bar twice and McDonald had the game of his life.

Was ironically one of our best performances under Fenlon, IMHO.

Centre Hawf
17-08-2016, 12:53 PM
Can't believe they won that night, we battered them throughout the first half, think we hit the post/bar twice and McDonald had the game of his life.

We were absolutely amazing for the first 45 minutes we just couldn't hit the net. Then they got their usual pearler from nowhere.

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2016, 01:15 PM

Luck didn't go our way a few times over the last ten games.

The Scottish Cup win has also psychologically reset the mentality of both clubs.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the next 10 games go.

So promotion is a must.

NAE NOOKIE
17-08-2016, 01:16 PM

Indeed .... I remember in the days leading up to that game the consensus was that the mood of the fans was such that we simply had to win for Fenlon to keep his job. I don't think a manager can ever have seen his team play so well, dominate a game so heavily and still end up resigning days later because they lost it, we should have been 3 - 0 up at half time.

Dunbar Hibee
17-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Indeed .... I remember in the days leading up to that game the consensus was that the mood of the fans was such that we simply had to win for Fenlon to keep his job. I don't think a manager can ever have seen his team play so well, dominate a game so heavily and still end up resigning days later because they lost it, we should have been 3 - 0 up at half time.

Was that the night that tattooed ****er Stevenson scored an absolute belter? Could not believe they came away with a win.

17-08-2016, 01:59 PM
Luck didn't go our way a few times over the last ten games.

The Scottish Cup win has also psychologically reset the mentality of both clubs.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the next 10 games go.

So promotion is a must.

The only thing they are clinging onto (for dear life!) at the moment is the "oh your still in the ****ty championship".

The Scottish cup win has hurt them deeply, make absolutely no mistake about that. They can spin it any way they like and try and brush it off with their "Skacel has 2" straw clutching pish but the truth is they are absolutely hurting big time. They love their "big team, wee team" fantasy and a huge part of that was that was our Scottish cup drought. Think how many of their songs, flags etc etc involved 1902.They absolutely obsessed (like with everything else to do with hibs) over it. All their "we killed you as a club" bollocks has flown back in their faces big time.

I have visions of them after the cup final rocking back and forward shaking and repeatedly saying to themselves "still the big team, 5-1" over and over.

Bostonhibby
17-08-2016, 03:05 PM
If it's built!

Viva_Palmeiras
17-08-2016, 03:37 PM
I'm the dandy highwayman who you're too scared to mention
I spend your cash whilst talking gash and grabbing your attention
the devil take your stadium and yam programmes collection!
the way you look you'll qualify for next year's gunts convention!

Stand and deliver your money or your life!
try and use a mirror shave your Mullets sell a cake slice!

greenlex
17-08-2016, 03:43 PM
I would argue financially they are in a better place than us. We are still carrying debt we are paying for at the expense of the playing side. They started fresh with no debt. They may have reigned it in a bit but its still not level. Their FOH money appears to be being spent too and I think thats more than HSL has generated. Far from level IMO.

CropleyWasGod
17-08-2016, 03:48 PM
I would argue financially they are in a better place than us. We are still carrying debt we are paying for at the expense of the playing side. They started fresh with no debt. They may have reigned it in a bit but its still not level. Their FOH money appears to be being spent too and I think thats more than HSL has generated. Far from level IMO.

That's not the case. They have £2.5 million due to AB, which they're repaying at 6.5% interest.

greenlex
17-08-2016, 03:50 PM
That's not the case. They have a few million due to AB, which they're repaying at 6.5% interest. Relatively speaking much less than our debt at the time and still the case. No?

CropleyWasGod
17-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Relatively speaking much less than our debt at the time and still the case. No?

But it's not "no debt", which is what you said and what some of the more rabid Yams would have us believe.

Bostonhibby
17-08-2016, 03:54 PM
That's not the case. They have £2.5 million due to AB, which they're repaying at 6.5% interest.
And their cash has been diverted from fan ownership to building a stand, maybe adding some value to what budgie already owns or has a security over as well as all that lovely interest.

greenlex
17-08-2016, 03:57 PM
But it's not "no debt", which is what you said and what some of the more rabid Yams would have us believe.
Are you suggesting...............................wash your mouth out!!!!!! :greengrin
My point is (perhaps clumsily made) they are still in better shape due to events and are IMO still technically benefitting the effects of finacial doping and its not yet level and perhaps might take some time to be anywhere near level if at all.

jacomo
17-08-2016, 04:05 PM
If it's built!

I'm very dubious about that.

No matter how much money they have (or haven't - they seem to be several million short), Tynecastle is too small a site for a 21st century football stadium.

CropleyWasGod
17-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Are you suggesting...............................wash your mouth out!!!!!! :greengrin
My point is (perhaps clumsily made) they are still in better shape due to events and are IMO still technically benefitting the effects of finacial doping and its not yet level and perhaps might take some time to be anywhere near level if at all.

I made sure I made no connection :greengrin

They're doing okay, for sure, but it remains to be seen how, and whether, the FOH money will continue. They've done well to contribute to working capital over the last season or two. However, once that money is diverted to the new stand, and then AB's loan, how will their operating costs be met? Are they self-fudning?

(Edit... yes, that last sentence was a typo.....but I've left it as it is, as it fits them better, no? :greengrin)

ShinyFantastic
17-08-2016, 04:08 PM
So there have been no draws according to you?

greenlex
17-08-2016, 04:09 PM
I made sure I made no connection :greengrin

They're doing okay, for sure, but it remains to be seen how, and whether, the FOH money will continue. They've done well to contribute to working capital over the last season or two. However, once that money is diverted to the new stand, and then AB's loan, how will their operating costs be met? Are they self-fudning?

(Edit... yes, that last sentence was a typo.....but I've left it as it is, as it fits them better, no? :greengrin)
:greengrin

Ergye
17-08-2016, 04:11 PM
It always amazes me when I see that we have lost a game or two here and there to Hearts.

Such a silly little insignificant club. It shows how badly managed we have been at times.

On our return next season I expect regular, thumping victories to be the norm, as it should be.

The Modfather
17-08-2016, 04:13 PM

Not quite the way I remember it. We battered them for half an hour or so and should have been 2 or 3 up but for the woodwork and Jamie McDonald.

They scored out of the blue and we then crumbled and went into our shell. A real Jeckyl & Hyde performance.

I took a Middlesbrough fan who I worked with at the time to the game. He couldn't believe we lost. Tried to explain to him that derbies were like Groundhog Day. With us battering them but still somehow managing come away empty handed.

rcarter1
17-08-2016, 04:20 PM

Id forgotten all about that game . Until now.. :doh:

What a scanner of a game! Still 55 years but. :agree:

HappyHanlon
17-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Insignificant club who lost everything at 16:47 on Saturday 21st May 2016. Everything. 1902 disintegrated, 5-1 comfort blanket shrank in the wash and big team big cup was erased from song books all over the paedo fanbase.

There's a hurt developing amongst the puddle drinking masses that they had the chance to empty us and, in letting Hanlon smash home the equaliser, have handed us the trophy. This hurt is growing. Last season it was the plane, this season the "phoodle" posters are appearing in numbers.

They have nothing....and it's bloody pleasing!

danhibees1875
17-08-2016, 05:20 PM
So there have been no draws according to you?

The 2-2 game in the SC is all I can remember. Maybe excluded deliberately/included as part of the "tie".

Bostonhibby
17-08-2016, 05:27 PM
They certainly had more dopes than us as well when you think about all the utter horse ****** that vlad got them to swallow, to the extent they were handing over cash for non existent shares right up to the point where he did a runner.

Peevemor
17-08-2016, 06:01 PM

We hammered them for the first 25-30 minutes then we were crap for the rest of the match.

lord bunberry
17-08-2016, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure how good shape they are in! A quick look at their new signings suggests they're operating within a tight budget. Remember they have sold a lot of season tickets, but are still operating in the budget end of the market.

Finn2015
17-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Great post by the way. This 'big team' pish is a delusion bought about by the unsavoury factors identified by the OP

Pete
17-08-2016, 06:26 PM
They can point to a period of administration to explain how a big team like them are level on results with ourselves.

However, they never had to deal with Terry Butchers fantastic motivational style and the aftermath of said period. We have had a bigger cross to bear and when we get back up it will look good for us.

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Great post by the way. This 'big team' pish is a delusion bought about by the unsavoury factors identified by the OP

I can smell the fear from them. They are already beaten, as they are unable to conquer their own anxiety.

oneone73
17-08-2016, 06:41 PM
Out of interest, are we ignoring the two league draws season before last?

tamig
17-08-2016, 07:23 PM

Aye, his crazy diving header 2 inches off the deck that set up the tattooed one's winner.

Mr White
17-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Out of interest, are we ignoring the two league draws season before last?

Yes. They're completely superfluous in relation to the point the op is making.

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Yes. They're completely superfluous in relation to the point the op is making.

Oh, I don't know. If i'd counted the draws alongside the identical number of wins and defeats, they would further reinforce that it's been pretty even.

Apart from the small matter of the trophy on the shelf.

Mango Man
17-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Not quite the way I remember it. We battered them for half an hour or so and should have been 2 or 3 up but for the woodwork and Jamie McDonald.

They scored out of the blue and we then crumbled and went into our shell. A real Jeckyl & Hyde performance.

I took a Middlesbrough fan who I worked with at the time to the game. He couldn't believe we lost. Tried to explain to him that derbies were like Groundhog Day. With us battering them but still somehow managing come away empty handed.

It was the first game I had taken the wife to, it was a nightmare, was quite a poisonous atmosphere and a very frustrating game to watch, we totally did crumble after they scored.

That was also the last Hibs v Hearts game I went to.