PDA

View Full Version : Grant Brebner Hatrick v Dundee United Jan 2003

Sproule Three
17-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Subject of interest for us based in Australia . Not many of the Oz Hibs members have scored a hatrick for the club-;)
Despite lots of Youtube searches and unearthing many obscure enjoyable Hibs games(many of which I attended) I have been unable to find any footage of this,
Does anyone if such footage exists and have access to it? Sure lots of people keep their own personal archives of Hibs games.
Presume the goals highlights package would have been shown on TV at the time .
Would really appreciate any help with this

GGTTH

El Gubbz
17-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Subject of interest for us based in Australia . Not many of the Oz Hibs members have scored a hatrick for the club-;)
Despite lots of Youtube searches and unearthing many obscure enjoyable Hibs games(many of which I attended) I have been unable to find any footage of this,
Does anyone if such footage exists and have access to it? Sure lots of people keep their own personal archives of Hibs games.

GGTTH

Not got footage but certain it was in the Scottish cup and finished 3-2?

I do remember me, my dad and his mate winning the half time draw though... £574 IIRC :greengrin

stantonhibby
17-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Not got footage but certain it was in the Scottish cup and finished 3-2?

I do remember me, my dad and his mate winning the half time draw though... £574 IIRC :greengrin

Yes, was in SCup at Tannadice and pretty sure it was a perfect hat trick with left foot, right and a header. Think Falkirk pumped Hearts out the cup the same day.

Sproule Three
17-08-2016, 12:11 PM
Yes, was in SCup at Tannadice and pretty sure it was a perfect hat trick with left foot, right and a header. Think Falkirk pumped Hearts out the cup the same day.
Scottish Cup will probably explain why its so difficult to find the footage then . Hopefully someone can still produce it !

Keyser Sauzee
17-08-2016, 12:11 PM
Was Brebner a Hibby? Not that it matters just curious.

pacoluna
17-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Hibs fans were behind the goal that day, seem.to remember his fairly lait winner crashing of the underside of the bar and hitting the back of the net.

Ringothedog
17-08-2016, 12:13 PM

Yes

Sproule Three
17-08-2016, 12:15 PM
Very much so and still is

HibbyAndy
17-08-2016, 01:23 PM

Yip and Colin Samuel scored a hattrick for the Bairns

Hiber-nation
17-08-2016, 02:13 PM
Hibs fans were behind the goal that day, seem.to remember his fairly lait winner crashing of the underside of the bar and hitting the back of the net.

It was a header that Gallacher fumbled. I've got this on a dvd but the quality is really poor.

tanfield
17-08-2016, 02:23 PM
Yip and Colin Samuel scored a hattrick for the Bairns

Was at the Falkirk game with a bairns supporting mate that day

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-08-2016, 02:24 PM

GGTTH

Not got any footage but, I do remember getting bounced along the platform on my face at Haymarket by a BTP man after trying to prevent some fud from giving my mate a pasting! At least he had the good grace to take me to the office in Haymarket Station to clean me up, then he told he had just done it for the good of the boy on top of my mate and sent me on my way! We got quite a send off from "The Utility" in the station in Dundee too. Now that I think about it I think this probably happened after the 4-1 game.