PDA

View Full Version : NHC Old Firm Ticket Price

Frazerbob
16-08-2016, 01:10 PM
A Sevco ST holding mate has just received his info for the first bigot fest of the season at Parkhead. Away tickets are priced £50. Wow!

nellio
16-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Steep!

andrew70
16-08-2016, 01:18 PM
They need each other. Lawwell and King will be rubbing their hands with glee that this clash is back.

Rangers might be dead but this fixture is the only one they want.

Since90+2
16-08-2016, 01:19 PM
Sevco will no doubt return the favour when Celtic visit Ibrox so they are ripping off their own fans at the same time.

Frazerbob
16-08-2016, 01:21 PM
Sevco will no doubt return the favour when Celtic visit Ibrox so they are ripping off their own fans at the same time.

I have no doubt that the pricing has been agreed between the two.......'old firm' and all that.

Finn2015
16-08-2016, 01:29 PM
They hate each other but also love each other to. Sure the two clubs have agreed on away prices and are lapping it up

JDHibs
16-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Hopefully it wont ramp up everyone elses tickets!

Its a love/hate relationship they have, its good for scottish football for the old firms to be back. Brings a bigger audience to our game!

The prices will have mutually agreed.

Killiehibbie
16-08-2016, 01:37 PM
It would be good if they all told them to ram it.

NAE NOOKIE
16-08-2016, 01:47 PM
It would be good if they all told them to ram it.

I tend to defend Hibs on ticket prices, apart from charging £28 for games against Hearts, Sevco and Celtic, which I think is £3 too much, but even then I can see why they do it because we don't get many chances to bring in decent income. But asking £50 for a Scottish Premiership game, no matter who the opposition is, is utterly taking the piss, I presume that Celtic walk ups will be getting charged the same because as far as I know you cant charge home and away fans different prices.

Sure the demand will no doubt be there, but as the General manager of Bayern Munich said a few years ago, just because you can charge the fans premium prices doesn't mean to say you should ..... Fans are precious to every club and milking them like this is showing them a huge lack of respect if you ask me. If clubs start squeezing them until the pips squeak there will be a reaction ..... especially when its the one club in Scotland out of all of the clubs who least need to do it.

JeMeSouviens
16-08-2016, 02:00 PM
Hopefully it wont ramp up everyone elses tickets!

Its a love/hate relationship they have, its good for scottish football for the old firms to be back. Brings a bigger audience to our game!

The prices will have mutually agreed.

Couldn't disagree more. In the short time since the Old Rangers died, Aberdeen and to some extent Hearts had already closed the gap to Celtc, who were simultaneously fading back towards the pack. We might have joined the challengers with an even weaker Celtc next year. The OF £ will probably obliterate that marginal gain in no time.

The only audience I'm interested in is the green and white one at ER.

green&left
16-08-2016, 02:06 PM
£30 for a kid aswell!

JDHibs
16-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Couldn't disagree more. In the short time since the Old Rangers died, Aberdeen and to some extent Hearts had already closed the gap to Celtc, who were simultaneously fading back towards the pack. We might have joined the challengers with an even weaker Celtc next year. The OF £ will probably obliterate that marginal gain in no time.

Im looking at the bigger picture than us to be honest, bigger audience watching us could potentially bring in bigger sponsorship deals, more money for cups etc.

The Rangers were always going to come back, so the gap was always going to get bigger again, we can only hope that both have learnt from The Rangers mistakes and we can still keep the variation in winners of national trophies etc, the OF being back aids every team. The Rangers have aided smaller teams for the past few season by taking big crowds with them to places like Berwick which will keep these clubs from being in financial difficulties for years to come.

So i wont be able to agree with you on this one unfortunately.

Hibernia&Alba
16-08-2016, 02:17 PM
Disgusting really. That's twice the weekly income for most Weegies.

green&left
16-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Im looking at the bigger picture than us to be honest, bigger audience watching us could potentially bring in bigger sponsorship deals, more money for cups etc.

The Rangers were always going to come back, so the gap was always going to get bigger again, we can only hope that both have learnt from The Rangers mistakes and we can still keep the variation in winners of national trophies etc, the OF being back aids every team. The Rangers have aided smaller teams for the past few season by taking big crowds with them to places like Berwick which will keep these clubs from being in financial difficulties for years to come.

So i wont be able to agree with you on this one unfortunately.

You're living in a fantasy land. The league was skint before Rangers died, and will still still be skint now we have some sort of Rangers back.

marinello59
16-08-2016, 03:03 PM

Aberdeen and Hearts didn't close the gap on Celtic. Celtic's standards slipped back towards theirs.

DH1875
16-08-2016, 04:55 PM
I paid more than that for my cup final ticket and it was more than worth it :thumbsup::flag::thumbsup:

Supply and demand, and all that jazz I'm afraid.

Dashing Bob S
16-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Makes perfect sense from the clubs point of view. They know the feeble-mined bigots that are attracted to this hate fest would sell their families and their souls to be a part of it. Demand is elastic, so keep on fleecing those idiots and pushing up the prices forever.

It is stupid people paying the ****** tax to the cynical wealthy ones - which is what the Old Form franchise has always been about.

There is literally nothing morons won't do to see this game, so there is literally no reason for the clubs not to keep pushing up the price.

Wee Effen Bee
16-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Makes perfect sense from the clubs point of view. They know the feeble-mined bigots that are attracted to this hate fest would sell their families and their souls to be a part of it. Demand is elastic, so keep on fleecing those idiots and pushing up the prices forever.

It is stupid people paying the ****** tax to the cynical wealthy ones - which is what the Old Form franchise has always been about.

There is literally nothing morons won't do to see this game, so there is literally no reason for the clubs not to keep pushing up the price.

And what about the ordinary OF fans who don't follow the 'bigot agenda' and just support the team their families always have? The stupid argument could be used for us too: £22 to see a Scottish second tier match but only £15 for a Bundesliga game! As the previous poster said, just because you can doesn't mean you should!

geohibby
16-08-2016, 06:17 PM
Disgusting really. That's twice the weekly income for most Weegies.

Het shut yer hole, im a 'weegie' small minded of you to think that only hibs fans are from Edinburgh, been a hibs fan a long time, get to some games also

Sir David Gray
16-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Disgusting prices, totally unjustifiable.

lyonhibs
16-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Disgusting prices, totally unjustifiable.

It'll sell out, hence justified. We're always understanding when Hibs maximise their revenue with ticket prices, like at the Brondby at home, but somehow it's disgusting when other teams apply the same rationale.

GreenLake
16-08-2016, 08:12 PM
They used the formula:

Away Ticket Price = (The last time Hearts won the League Cup) - (Number of years The Rangers have existed)

3pm
16-08-2016, 08:31 PM
Het shut yer hole, im a 'weegie' small minded of you to think that only hibs fans are from Edinburgh, been a hibs fan a long time, get to some games also

That's a shame pal. Stick in. :aok:

Finn2015
16-08-2016, 08:39 PM

Good stuff mate. My dad is from Greenock and had no problems with me supporting hibs and got into the habit of going himself. 👍

Sir David Gray
16-08-2016, 09:50 PM
It'll sell out, hence justified. We're always understanding when Hibs maximise their revenue with ticket prices, like at the Brondby at home, but somehow it's disgusting when other teams apply the same rationale.

That fixture would almost certainly sell out if the tickets cost £100, would that also be justifiable?

£49 to watch any Scottish football match is a scandal.

Michael
16-08-2016, 10:07 PM
That's the price you pay for supporting Scotland's shame.

Dashing Bob S
16-08-2016, 10:11 PM
And what about the ordinary OF fans who don't follow the 'bigot agenda' and just support the team their families always have? The stupid argument could be used for us too: £22 to see a Scottish second tier match but only £15 for a Bundesliga game! As the previous poster said, just because you can doesn't mean you should!

Poppycock! Such people only exist in Daily Record propaganda! And it's not 22 quid to see a Scottish second tier match, it's 22 quid to see Hibs.

ian cruise
16-08-2016, 11:49 PM

More fool them, they agree to get ripped off of they are willing to pay £50 for a SPFL match. They're not going for the game, majority are going to abuse the other side so they're happy to pay.

monktonharp
17-08-2016, 12:32 AM

So i wont be able to agree with you on this one unfortunately.The Rangers never came back. they only became.

monktonharp
17-08-2016, 12:39 AM
Het shut yer hole, im a 'weegie' small minded of you to think that only hibs fans are from Edinburgh, been a hibs fan a long time, get to some games also:aok:although, will they have scanners at Celtic Park to check £50. notes? was oot wi' my Glesga mates last week btw, festivalising, in the Capital:greengrin

CraigHibee
17-08-2016, 12:44 AM
ridiculous prices to pay to watch the great unwashed

SeanWilson
17-08-2016, 08:47 AM
A Sevco ST holding mate has just received his info for the first bigot fest of the season at Parkhead. Away tickets are priced £50. Wow!

Kids going without their Rice Krispies, for a bunch of toothless morons to shout about stuff with no relevance to life today and kick the **** out of each other. Old Firm is good for Scotland though, eh? 😒

AndyM_1875
17-08-2016, 09:49 AM
Lets not allow ourselves to be lectured any more by Celtic and Rangers Twitter clots that 'there is no Old Firm' because quite patently this shows that there is and they are milking it for all they can. The 'We stand alone' mantra from both was always hypocrisy and lies.

Next stop will be the joint sponsorships and before you know it the 'we have to move to England' slop will be in your average weegie tabloid.

A plague on both their houses.

hibbysam
17-08-2016, 04:56 PM
Am I not correct in saying Celtic sold over 50,000 season tickets? And Rangers get roughly 5/6,000 tickets in a 60,000 seater stadium? Very cunning from Celtic if so. Very little of their own fans will be charged this price, while the whole of the away end will be charged it. Not right by any means but cunning indeed.

DH1875
17-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Lets not allow ourselves to be lectured any more by Celtic and Rangers Twitter clots that 'there is no Old Firm' because quite patently this shows that there is and they are milking it for all they can. The 'We stand alone' mantra from both was always hypocrisy and lies.

Next stop will be the joint sponsorships and before you know it the 'we have to move to England' slop will be in your average weegie tabloid.

A plague on both their houses.

Pretty sure they've had joint sponsorship before. Defo had the same sponsor at the same time in any case.

Kojock
17-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Pretty sure they've had joint sponsorship before. Defo had the same sponsor at the same time in any case.

CR Smith. Joke at the time was that would Rangers have signed up if the company were called RC Smith.

greenlad
17-08-2016, 06:09 PM

CR Smith, NTL, Carling

TheGreenMan
17-08-2016, 06:14 PM
Don't know what their season tickets cost but could be argued they've just given extra value to anyone who bought a season ticket if two walk up games would cost £100. Still doesn't seem right though

Finn2015
17-08-2016, 06:20 PM
Am I not correct in saying Celtic sold over 50,000 season tickets? And Rangers get roughly 5/6,000 tickets in a 60,000 seater stadium? Very cunning from Celtic if so. Very little of their own fans will be charged this price, while the whole of the away end will be charged it. Not right by any means but cunning indeed.

About a month ago, a paper said they had sold 43,000 and the huns36,000. Might have increased since then