PDA

View Full Version : Henderson 100%

Ultrabee1-0
15-08-2016, 08:36 PM
Seen instagram that he was at Cramond beach and cummings comment is very suspicious!

lyonhibs
15-08-2016, 08:41 PM
Saw on Facebook that it's a no-go as Hendo doesn't want another loan deal. So who knows really.

Hi Heid Yin
15-08-2016, 08:45 PM
I personally have now resigned myself to Henderson not coming and to focusing on other players coming in like Shinnie - a deal which is all but over the line.

Ultrabee1-0
15-08-2016, 08:49 PM
Yeah but why would cummings say what he said?

hailhail22
15-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Could mean anything wouldn't look into it to much

Keyser Sauzee
15-08-2016, 08:53 PM
Cummings could be talking about anything and to go from that comment to Henderson is 100% is a leap and a big one.

SaulGoodman
15-08-2016, 08:54 PM
McGinn has also commented in reply to Cummings?

Edit: all it says is "👀👀"

snooky
15-08-2016, 08:58 PM
Seen instagram that he was at Cramond beach and cummings comment is very suspicious!

How do you get "Henderson 100%" out of those comments? :confused: Sounds like gobbledegook to me.
I'm just not up to the jargon of you young folk. :cool2:

KazaHibs
15-08-2016, 08:58 PM
Who's hendo fooling :greengrin

snooky
15-08-2016, 09:04 PM
McGinn has also commented in reply to Cummings?

Edit: all it says is "👀👀"

"Eyes right?" Is he saying cryptically he's correct? "Aye's right"

Ay, right. :wink:

SaulGoodman
15-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Is Cramond Beach not a long way from home for Henderson?

SaulGoodman
15-08-2016, 09:05 PM
"Eyes right?" Is he saying cryptically he's correct? "Aye's right"

Ay, right. :wink:

Christ I didn't know we had resorted to playing Catchphrase to try and guess our next signing :greengrin

snooky
15-08-2016, 09:06 PM
Is Cramond Beach not a long way from home for Henderson?

Not really, unless you have to walk. :cb

SaulGoodman
15-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Not really, unless you have to walk. :cb

Just seems like a strange place to decide to drive to, in my head he's stopped off there on his way home after signing a contract with us :hilarious

snooky
15-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Just seems like a strange place to decide to drive to, in my head he's stopped off there on his way home after signing a contract with us :hilarious

Maybe he's meeting Harry Potter :wink: at JK Rowling's hoose?

monktonharp
15-08-2016, 09:16 PM
whorraloada keek. gobbledeygook sums it up for me

staunchhibby
15-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Cramond beach is not far frombwhere jason stays

djs69
15-08-2016, 09:17 PM
He lives in west lothian does he not??? Nothing in it, I think deals dead

SteveHFC
15-08-2016, 09:20 PM
He lives in west lothian does he not??? Nothing in it, I think deals dead

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Picachu-crying-pokemon.gif

Hibs90
15-08-2016, 09:20 PM
Gutted actually. Not only is he a legend but was a great player for us too. Thanks for the memories Liam :'(

silverhibee
15-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Maybe he's meeting Harry Potter :wink: at JK Rowling's hoose?

Or down seeing Scott Brown. :wink: :greengrin

Gmack7
15-08-2016, 09:23 PM
Henderson is 100% trapped on Cramond island, he'll be staying there until sellick agree to his boyhood dream of signing a permanent deal at ER

Unseen work
15-08-2016, 09:27 PM
Getting bored of it all.

would rather shinnie also

Finn2015
15-08-2016, 09:34 PM
Probably just Cummings being mischievous. Think Lennon on sport sound earlier and what he said is the death knell for this deal

Cat Stanton
15-08-2016, 09:34 PM
whorraloada keek. gobbledeygook sums it up for me

I don't understand it either. But I do understand what Lennon said on the radio tonight i.e. that it's very unlikely that Henderson will be signing ("I would doubt that very much") - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37089025

Tamhere1875
15-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Liam's not coming lets just get over it and move on. He will always be a Legend down Easter Road way just a pity about him not spending another season there

Halifaxhibby
15-08-2016, 10:38 PM

Garbage.

Mibbes Aye
15-08-2016, 10:50 PM
We want him. Celtc know we want him. It's a staring-out contest unless another club come in with a better offer than we've tabled.

My best guess is we will get him on transfer deadline day. That's only if Lennon is prepared to ask Leanne to pay what Celtc are asking for, come the end of August. Probably something less by then.

Captain Trips
15-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Henderson is 100% trapped on Cramond island, he'll be staying there until sellick agree to his boyhood dream of signing a permanent deal at ER

More like craggy island with his contract "resting" with Celtic

Deansy
16-08-2016, 06:03 AM
How do you get "Henderson 100%" out of those comments? :confused: Sounds like gobbledegook to me.
I'm just not up to the jargon of you young folk. :cool2:

Ditto - I can't make head nor tail out of that 'tweet' ??

Ken
16-08-2016, 06:31 AM
From what I was told last week, Henderson to Hibs was as good as done. Unless something has happened in the last 7 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2016, 06:33 AM
From what I was told last week, Henderson to Hibs was as good as done. Unless something has happened in the last 7 days

I was told this about 8 weeks ago, something must have happened or it was not a done deal at all? :greengrin

marinello59
16-08-2016, 07:14 AM
I was told this about 8 weeks ago, something must have happened or it was not a done deal at all? :greengrin

It was a done deal apart from the bits of the deal that weren't done. Or something like that. :greengrin

MacGruber
16-08-2016, 07:22 AM
I'm in the know. I know more of what's in the know than the so called in the know posters on here.
I can go on record as confirming I know 100% that he's not coming. Stake my reputation on this as FACT.

.. & if he comes I'm getting his name on my strip :)

Ken
16-08-2016, 07:24 AM

I was told by a 1st team player

Brightside
16-08-2016, 07:29 AM
I was told by a 1st team player

That doesnt matter. The important thing now is for everyone to post and say "thought it was a done deal" :aok:

Andy74
16-08-2016, 07:43 AM
I've no idea what this thread is about.

Thecat23
16-08-2016, 08:03 AM
That doesnt matter. The important thing now is for everyone to post and say "thought it was a done deal" :aok:

Ignore them mate, we know the sources were/are very good and deals that are all agreed can fall through for the least wee thing.

You won't see these folk comment when deals come off that folk have given info on. 😁

Edit.. I still think Liam will be a Hibs player this season.

Baldy Foghorn
16-08-2016, 08:05 AM
Ignore them mate, we know the sources were/are very good and deals that are all agreed can fall through for the least wee thing.

You won't see these folk comment when deals come off that folk have given info on. 😁

What makes you think that Cat?

JDHibs
16-08-2016, 08:06 AM
Hendo doesnt want another loan move, which is fair enough.
Hibs cant afford the transfer fee, reportedly £400k for a permanent deal.

So to me thats the end of it. People should remember than Henderson wasnt even a guaranteed starter last season, he done well but there are better players in the market. Hendo will always be a legend for what he done for us in the cup!

Move on, Lennon wants 3 more faces, 1 is Shinnie, 1 is a striker and the other one is a wide man.

hibsbollah
16-08-2016, 08:09 AM
He ****ing well better be, i had to fork out for 9 letters on the back of my replica shirt :grr:

Thecat23
16-08-2016, 08:09 AM

Just from what a few of the team have been saying.

Baldy Foghorn
16-08-2016, 08:12 AM
Just from what a few of the team have been saying.

Cheers

Thecat23
16-08-2016, 08:12 AM
Cheers

No worries 👍🏼

Craig_in_Prague
16-08-2016, 08:13 AM
Hendo doesnt want another loan move, which is fair enough.
Hibs cant afford the transfer fee, reportedly £400k for a permanent deal.

So to me thats the end of it. People should remember than Henderson wasnt even a guaranteed starter last season, he done well but there are better players in the market. Hendo will always be a legend for what he done for us in the cup!

Move on, Lennon wants 3 more faces, 1 is Shinnie, 1 is a striker and the other one is a wide man.

Nade?

JDHibs
16-08-2016, 08:14 AM
Nade?
Potentially, Bobby Williamson is having a medical as we speak...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
16-08-2016, 08:16 AM
Nade?

😂😂

Craig_in_Prague
16-08-2016, 08:17 AM
Potentially, Bobby Williamson is having a medical as we speak...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

:)

Agree 100% with your post though.

Brightside
16-08-2016, 08:19 AM

Based on the same people saying its far from off.

RoxburghHibs
16-08-2016, 08:19 AM
Gary Mackay-Steven would be a great addition IMHO (I am NOT ITK just to be clear :greengrin)

Golden Bear
16-08-2016, 08:20 AM

All is not yet lost then? - or are we grasping at straws?

Baldy Foghorn
16-08-2016, 08:25 AM

So Lennon publicly states it won't happen as of last night, but we still believe it's happening?

Thecat23
16-08-2016, 08:27 AM
So Lennon publicly states it won't happen as of last night, but we still believe it's happening?

Did he say it's completely off? Lennon also said we'd get Scott McDonald how did that turn out? 😁

Baldy Foghorn
16-08-2016, 08:29 AM
Did he say it's completely off? Lennon also said we'd get Scott McDonald how did that turn out? 😁

Wait and see then:aok:

Brightside
16-08-2016, 08:30 AM

I haven't heard the exact quote? Did he say it was 100% not happening?

Jim44
16-08-2016, 08:32 AM
You'ld think that Lennon would keep in touch with our ITKers, if he wants to keep up to speed with what's going on at the club. :greengrin

RoxburghHibs
16-08-2016, 08:41 AM
Gary Mackay-Steven would be a great addition IMHO (I am NOT ITK just to be clear :greengrin)

However if this signing does come off, this week, then I will smugly claim to be the best "ITK poster" on here.

Thief
16-08-2016, 08:43 AM

Was trying to find a link the exact quote, but I'm at work & pushed for time.
There's a lot of small parts of what he said being quoted out of context.
My interpretation of what I read last night was that a deal was still achievable, but that some fine tuning was required. As ever, it comes down to money [emoji848]

Baldy Foghorn
16-08-2016, 08:48 AM

He said LH didn't want a loan deal, and was part of Rogers plans.....

J-C
16-08-2016, 08:53 AM
So it looks like a loan was agreed but Henderson didn't want a loan, we asked Celtic how much and what they want up front is too much, since then Liam has done well in a couple of games and Rodgers sees a player in him.

That about right so far?

Thecat23
16-08-2016, 08:57 AM
He said LH didn't want a loan deal, and was part of Rogers plans.....

I thought he said "Rogers seems to like him and Liam doesn't want a loan" Celtic would sell Liam but it's whether we can afford it that's the issue now.

Thecat23
16-08-2016, 08:58 AM
So it looks like a loan was agreed but Henderson didn't want a loan, we asked Celtic how much and what they want up front is too much, since then Liam has done well in a couple of games and Rodgers sees a player in him.

That about right so far?

That's how I see it. Although I think Hibs are still working on it.

JDHibs
16-08-2016, 09:00 AM

That about right so far?

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Thief
16-08-2016, 09:01 AM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37089025
That's the full interview. Take a couple of quotes from that & looks like no deal.
Take what he says in its entirety and it's open to interpretation. Maybe I'm too optimistic for my own good [emoji6]

The Green Goblin
16-08-2016, 09:10 AM
I heard that Neil Lennon is scouring the Tibetan foothills as we speak, looking for Bigfoot. My source told me that the Hendersons still miss him and won't move unless he's part of the deal.

Hibbyradge
16-08-2016, 09:20 AM
I heard that Neil Lennon is scouring the Tibetan foothills as we speak, looking for Bigfoot. My source told me that the Hendersons still miss him and won't move unless he's part of the deal.

This. :agree:

snooky
16-08-2016, 09:37 AM
That's how I see it. Although I think Hibs are still working on it.

I have the feeling Lennon is a straight talker so I don't think he's doing a 'Fergie/Keegan' here.
That said, I still think from what TheCat and Underscore are saying, the deal just might still have some legs.

This 'transfer' is like the shifting sands of the desert - changing shape by the minute.

snooky
16-08-2016, 09:43 AM

No wonder the deal is stalling, he's looking in the wrong place ....
"The Hendersons’ campsite is further east on I-90, near Kachess Lake, about 50 miles east of Seattle in the Wenatchee National Forest."

Danderhall Hibs
16-08-2016, 09:49 AM

You're right - things can fall through late on.

It does means it's not a done deal if that's the case but that's us into a debate on terminology rather than folk being wrong and/or jumping the gun.

Baldy Foghorn
16-08-2016, 09:49 AM
I have the feeling Lennon is a straight talker so I don't think he's doing a 'Fergie/Keegan' here.
That said, I still think from what TheCat and Underscore are saying, the deal just might still have some legs.

This 'transfer' is like the shifting sands of the desert - changing shape by the minute.

Can't see us getting both Shinnie and Henderson. Shinnie deal would be enough to put LH to bed...

Brightside
16-08-2016, 09:55 AM

It does means it's not a done deal if that's the case but that's us into a debate on terminology rather than folk being wrong and/or jumping the gun.

i think we can all agree never to use the term Done Deal until there is a picture with a hibs scarf above his head. :wink:

Thecat23
16-08-2016, 10:22 AM

True, I think the fact I repeated what I was told in good faith that it was back then indeed "a done deal" I should maybe have worded it better. Just the sources of this were as good as could get.

TonyStokeprano
16-08-2016, 10:25 AM
True, I think the fact I repeated what I was told in good faith that it was back then indeed "a done deal" I should maybe have worded it better. Just the sources of this were as good as could get.

Any updates on pawlett ?

SaulGoodman
16-08-2016, 10:28 AM
Any updates on pawlett ?

Done deal

s.a.m
16-08-2016, 10:29 AM

:aok: To be fair, I'm pretty sure Neil Lennon used similar terminology when he was talking about the Scott MacDonald deal he thought he'd agreed, and said afterwards that he had been expecting him at training on the Monday morning. Most folk would think he was a decent source.
(You don't have ginger hair, do you?:Ummm: )

Thecat23
16-08-2016, 10:34 AM
:aok: To be fair, I'm pretty sure Neil Lennon used similar terminology when he was talking about the Scott MacDonald deal he thought he'd agreed, and said afterwards that he had been expecting him at training on the Monday morning. Most folk would think he was a decent source.
(You don't have ginger hair, do you?:Ummm: )

Exactly, sometimes things change no matter how sure they are of it going through.

Haha nope 😂

Hibbyradge
16-08-2016, 10:43 AM

How poetic! :thumbsup:

Jay
16-08-2016, 10:49 AM

I think thats a bit harsh Mr Cat, firstly i cant think of many 'done deals' that come off anyway but the odd one that does happen will get plenty of back slapping towards the 'ITK' posters.

renato
16-08-2016, 10:51 AM
I wonder if this is just part of the negotiations with Celtc, being played out in public. "We want a loan, can't afford the permanent fee so he won't be coming" may just be a ploy to force Desmond's hand, if they're holding out for £400k.

Lennon talking publicly about Shinnie may also be part of this, to make clear to Celtc we have other options and won't be meeting their current valuation. I think Lennon wants Shinnie and Hendo and I have a sneaky feeling we'll end up getting both...

Thecat23
16-08-2016, 10:53 AM
I think thats a bit harsh Mr Cat, firstly i cant think of many 'done deals' that come off anyway but the odd one that does happen will get plenty of back slapping towards the 'ITK' posters.

It's not a dig, it's just the truth! Some of us take stick and it's our own fault at times for posting what we hear even if it falls through. I'm not looking for a pat on the back I very much doubt anyone who posts are we just want to give folk info we hear.

Some appreciate it others thrive when it doesn't happen that's life. Its all good though end of the day it's a footy forum not everyone will agree with that's posted.

jeffers
16-08-2016, 11:16 AM
It's not a dig, it's just the truth! Some of us take stick and it's our own fault at times for posting what we hear even if it falls through. I'm not looking for a pat on the back I very much doubt anyone who posts are we just want to give folk info we hear.

Some appreciate it others thrive when it doesn't happen that's life. Its all good though end of the day it's a footy forum not everyone will agree with that's posted.

Agree with that. I appreciate your posts (and from others like Scoopyboy and underscore) and know all info you share is done so in good faith. I never get the impression you are looking for any plaudits just passing on info, but it seems some on here can't wait to have a dig when things don't pan out.

Jay
16-08-2016, 11:24 AM
Agree with that. I appreciate your posts (and from others like Scoopyboy and underscore) and know all info you share is done so in good faith. I never get the impression you are looking for any plaudits just passing on info, but it seems some on here can't wait to have a dig when things don't pan out.

And many question it after a couple of months of a done deal not happening but equally say thanks when it does come off.

Nameless
16-08-2016, 11:40 AM
I would prefer the old hibs way, of not discussing transfers until they are done. Lennon seems to want to do this in public, and I don't see the benifit to hibs with this approach.

Thecat23
16-08-2016, 11:43 AM
And many question it after a couple of months of a done deal not happening but equally say thanks when it does come off.

Nothing wrong with folk questioning it. There is a difference though asking a question and having a sly dig. Again I'm not fussed either way I'll still post what I'm told.

Thecat23
16-08-2016, 11:43 AM
I would prefer the old hibs way, of not discussing transfers until they are done. Lennon seems to want to do this in public, and I don't see the benifit to hibs with this approach.

Have to say I'm surprised how open he's been regarding players considering how we have always been very hush hush when it comes to players arriving.

Smartie
16-08-2016, 11:45 AM

I'd imagine Petrie will hate this as it will give us all a far better idea of how many we're missing out on.

Bristolhibby
16-08-2016, 11:46 AM
i think we can all agree never to use the term Done Deal until there is a picture with a hibs scarf above his head. :wink:

And even then does he have international clearance? (New Israeli goalie)

J

jeffers
16-08-2016, 11:58 AM

Absolutely. I'm puzzled myself about the Henderson deal and don't see anything wrong with asking questions. It's the posters who seem to take delight in having a go at guys like the thecat when things don't come off I have an issue with.

Andy74
16-08-2016, 12:09 PM
Absolutely. I'm puzzled myself about the Henderson deal and don't see anything wrong with asking questions. It's the posters who seem to take delight in having a go at guys like the thecat when things don't come off I have an issue with.

99% of info now is just a total punt with the out that things change if called wrong.

Some info is just passed along and caveated. Other stuff is posted just as 'done deal' type things. It's the latter that some take issue with when obviously it wasn't done. Particularly when people get laughed down for questioning it.

If I was to say now that Shinnie will be done by the end of the week that's about the extent of most of the ITK stuff now. I'll be back later this week to claim my status. Or things might just have changed of course.

Thief
16-08-2016, 12:11 PM
I wonder if this is just part of the negotiations with Celtc, being played out in public. "We want a loan, can't afford the permanent fee so he won't be coming" may just be a ploy to force Desmond's hand, if they're holding out for £400k.

Lennon talking publicly about Shinnie may also be part of this, to make clear to Celtc we have other options and won't be meeting their current valuation. I think Lennon wants Shinnie and Hendo and I have a sneaky feeling we'll end up getting both...

My take on it as well. In fact reading between the lines, think NL is a bit frustrated with a number of the parties involved. Think there's a wee message in those comments for Brendan, Peter Lawell, Liam, his agent, Leeanne and possibly even Sir Tom!
I still live in hope [emoji6]

jeffers
16-08-2016, 12:21 PM
99% of info now is just a total punt with the out that things change if called wrong.

Some info is just passed along and caveated. Other stuff is posted just as 'done deal' type things. It's the latter that some take issue with when obviously it wasn't done. Particularly when people get laughed down for questioning it.

If I was to say now that Shinnie will be done by the end of the week that's about the extent of most of the ITK stuff now. I'll be back later this week to claim my status. Or things might just have changed of course.

I get what you are saying, but I think some posters on here deserve a bit more respect for want of a better word as they have a decent track record with their info. As I posted earlier I don't get the impression they are posting the info to look clever or prove themselves. The "done deal" line has backfired this time, but I don't believe for a minute that wasn't the info they were given (from different sources) and they posted it in good faith. But it's almost if some posters can't wait for a deal to stall/fail so they can make a smart comment aimed at these guys.

The_Exile
16-08-2016, 12:25 PM
I'd imagine there's perhaps talking going on with regards to Henderson still at this point. We obviously can't be spending X hundreds of thousands on transfer fees, but if he was to come here, play regularly, play in the premiership next year at the level we know he's capable of then he's a £1-2mil + player, stick a 50% sell on fee as part of the deal to us from Celtic and they get their 400k in the end.

Danderhall Hibs
16-08-2016, 12:26 PM
I get what you are saying, but I think some posters on here deserve a bit more respect for want of a better word as they have a decent track record with their info. As I posted earlier I don't get the impression they are posting the info to look clever or prove themselves. The "done deal" line has backfired this time, but I don't believe for a minute that wasn't the info they were given (from different sources) and they posted it in good faith. But it's almost if some posters can't wait for a deal to stall/fail so they can make a smart comment aimed at these guys.

I’m in agreement with Andy and I think you’re giving them* too much credit.

*I say them as I don’t know who it was that went early on the Henderson “deal”.

jeffers
16-08-2016, 12:31 PM
I’m in agreement with Andy and I think you’re giving them* too much credit.

*I say them as I don’t know who it was that went early on the Henderson “deal”.

I figured you would, we can just agree to disagree.

JimBHibees
16-08-2016, 12:31 PM

Agree with that think it is a negotiating position.

scoopyboy
16-08-2016, 12:35 PM

I was told it was on the verge of happening but then things changed.

Hibs had approached Celtic with a view to a loan deal, Celtic were fine with that. However the player said he wasn't keen on a loan deal as a year down the line he would be in the same situation again. He was happy to come to Hibs but wanted a permanent move.

Since then Hibs and Celtic have not agreed a fee.

pacoluna
16-08-2016, 12:37 PM

This place makes me laugh :tee hee:

Danderhall Hibs
16-08-2016, 12:39 PM
I figured you would, we can just agree to disagree.

:aok:

I just think that when “info” has been proved to be correct it’s lauded, and to an extent where folk think some posters are properly on the inside and have all the answers/knowledge. Whereas the boy on the Hibs rumours is ridiculed when posting, in the main, the same stuff!

I’ve been told a couple of things recently from someone who knows a man, that knows one of the Board fans reps – he doesn’t seem to know very much either as he’s not hit the nail on the head yet. Having said that I’d like to think he’s deliberately spraffing pish and telling tales from the Boardroom to randoms.

jeffers
16-08-2016, 12:40 PM

Hibs had approached Celtic with a view to a loan deal, Celtic were fine with that. However the player said he wasn't keen on a loan deal as a year down the line he would be in the same situation again. He was happy to come to Hibs but wanted a permanent move.

Cheers scoopyboy, thanks for clarifying. But from this sounds like it was never a done deal.

Danderhall Hibs
16-08-2016, 12:41 PM

Scoopy you’re probably the only one I think that has an inside man at the club but I’d like to ask how it could’ve been on the verge of happening if the player hadn’t been consulted?

Edson Arantes
16-08-2016, 12:44 PM
Cramond beach is not far frombwhere jason stays

Where does he stay?

jeffers
16-08-2016, 12:49 PM
:aok:

I just think that when “info” has been proved to be correct it’s lauded, and to an extent where folk think some posters are properly on the inside and have all the answers/knowledge. Whereas the boy on the Hibs rumours is ridiculed when posting, in the main, the same stuff!

I’ve been told a couple of things recently from someone who knows a man, that knows one of the Board fans reps – he doesn’t seem to know very much either as he’s not hit the nail on the head yet. Having said that I’d like to think he’s deliberately spraffing pish and telling tales from the Boardroom to randoms.

We could go round in circles here DH, personally think the guys I have mentioned have proved in the past they do have inside info and don't deserve digs because the Henderson deal has stalled. I think the guy on Hibs rumours gets grief not for what he posts, but because it often appears to have been lifted direct from here, but thats a whole different discussion. :duck:

scoopyboy
16-08-2016, 12:50 PM
Scoopy you’re probably the only one I think that has an inside man at the club but I’d like to ask how it could’ve been on the verge of happening if the player hadn’t been consulted?

pm sent.

snedzuk
16-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Where does he stay?

Burntisland - not far for jc to stroll across.

jeffers
16-08-2016, 12:52 PM
pm sent.

I'd love to know too. Cheers.

Danderhall Hibs
16-08-2016, 12:57 PM
We could go round in circles here DH, personally think the guys I have mentioned have proved in the past they do have inside info and don't deserve digs because the Henderson deal has stalled. I think the guy on Hibs rumours gets grief not for what he posts, but because it often appears to have been lifted direct from here, but thats a whole different discussion. :duck:

We definitely could!

I had started wondering if Hibs Rumours had it first and then it was pasted over to here?

pacoluna
16-08-2016, 01:00 PM
pm sent.

you little devil :devil:

jeffers
16-08-2016, 01:03 PM
We definitely could!

I had started wondering if Hibs Rumours had it first and then it was pasted over to here?
Not from my recollection, was sure it was on PM board first.

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2016, 01:30 PM

Now that is a much better way to tell folk how things are shaping up, a done deal to me means it's all signed and he will be paraded with scarf above his head pronto.

How that can be regarded as a sly dig i do not know?

Billychaotic182
16-08-2016, 01:42 PM
pm sent.

Boooooo spill the beans......... Or can I have a pm too......... Lol

Thecat23
16-08-2016, 01:45 PM

I think there is at least 4 on here who have good contacts at Hibs.

pacoluna
16-08-2016, 01:47 PM
I think there is at least 4 on here who have good contacts at Hibs.
Probably more just others don't require the attention :greengrin

renato
This place makes me laugh :tee hee:

Glad to have obliged :greengrin

Do you think it's too far fetched that NL knows exactly what he's doing here and is still negotiating?

Jay
Now that is a much better way to tell folk how things are shaping up, a done deal to me means it's all signed and he will be paraded with scarf above his head pronto.

Tbf blackpool others may not have has had as much detail given to them. I do think done deal is a daft phrase though given its normally third or fourth hand before it gets to these boards.

ahibby
16-08-2016, 01:48 PM
There seems to be a contradiction does there not? Rodgers sees his as a player and is in his plans, but on the other hand we could have bought him because he doesn't want a loan deal. To me that means he isn't necessarily going to be used in league games, SC games, but might be seen in LC games (nor CL). That isn't enough games for a player like him. So what's happening? Will they sell him to English CL, anyone want him there? They are about the only ones who could afford him, coming from Celtic. Or will he go on loan in the end and if so why not to Hibs (maybe because of Shinne deal if happens).

JeMeSouviens
16-08-2016, 01:52 PM
There seems to be a contradiction does there not? Rodgers sees his as a player and is in his plans, but on the other hand we could have bought him because he doesn't want a loan deal. To me that means he isn't necessarily going to be used in league games, SC games, but might be seen in LC games (nor CL). That isn't enough games for a player like him. So what's happening? Will they sell him to English CL, anyone want him there? They are about the only ones who could afford him, coming from Celtic. Or will he go on loan in the end and if so why not to Hibs (maybe because of Shinne deal if happens).

Not necessarily a contradiction. It could be "you're welcome to stick around, Liam, and try and fight for a place but there's no guarantees you'll get any games and if you'd rather leave we won't stand in your way provided we get what we think you're worth". Seems plausible enough?

pacoluna
16-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Glad to have obliged :greengrin

Do you think it's too far fetched that NL knows exactly what he's doing here and is still negotiating?

I think shinnie is simply another option due to the Henderson deal that never was not going through :greengrin

In saying that if Celtic want £400,000 for LH give them £400,000 he will be triple that in 3 Years time if he is playing regular football at hibs.

In fact I Think HIbs would be willing to stump up £400,000 for him If that was the deal breaker but I don't think it is, I think that it's just another rumor :wink:

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2016, 01:59 PM
Tbf blackpool others may not have has had as much detail given to them. I do think done deal is a daft phrase though given its normally third or fourth hand before it gets to these boards.

Done deal is the phrase most folk are questioning, because in the real world that means he's signed. I like everyone else enjoy the little snippets folk provide, but after 8-9 weeks of Henderson being a done deal, it's just not one.

And while this still might go through, i have my doubts, but managers do lie, they lie for a living so Lennon while maybe being the most straight talking manager we've had in a while has said its not happening, he just might not be telling us the truth.

PS Shinnie will sign this week, its a done deal. :wink:

J-C
16-08-2016, 02:17 PM

I think everyone assumed Liam would jump at the chance to come back on loan, so when Hibs/Celtic agreed to it they automatically thought it was done and no one expected Henderson to knock it back, wanting a permanent move. Yes saying it was a done deal jumped the gun but no one seen Henderson saying no to a loan, I think he wanted Hibs to show him they wanted him more than just a loan, he wanted to be part of Hibs properly this time.

HoboHarry
16-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Done deal is the phrase most folk are questioning, because in the real world that means he's signed. I like everyone else enjoy the little snippets folk provide, but after 8-9 weeks of Henderson being a done deal, it's just not one.

And while this still might go through, i have my doubts, but managers do lie, they lie for a living so Lennon while maybe being the most straight talking manager we've had in a while has said its not happening, he just might not be telling us the truth.

PS Shinnie will sign this week, its a done deal. :wink:
Messi won't be signing, absolute certainty. Does that make me ITK when I am proved correct?

Finn2015
16-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Messi won't be signing, absolute certainty. Does that make me ITK when I am proved correct?

Neither will ronaldo so I want just as much credit and kudos as you

The Green Goblin
16-08-2016, 02:23 PM
No wonder the deal is stalling, he's looking in the wrong place ....
"The Hendersons’ campsite is further east on I-90, near Kachess Lake, about 50 miles east of Seattle in the Wenatchee National Forest."

:tee hee: Well, that's where they met, yes, but that was some time ago. Apparently, Neil Lennon spoke to some of the ITK posters on here, and they told him he was looking in the wrong place....*

:devil:

*No offence, ITK folks, I always enjoy your posts. :aok:

ahibby
16-08-2016, 02:28 PM
Not necessarily a contradiction. It could be "you're welcome to stick around, Liam, and try and fight for a place but there's no guarantees you'll get any games and if you'd rather leave we won't stand in your way provided we get what we think you're worth". Seems plausible enough?

The only problem with that is the bit about you are welcome to stay when I think we all know that he won't feature for them but at this stage in his career he'd be better off featuring for some team (Hibs or higher level certainly not lower). It seems to be a no win situation for him if he stays at Celtic, I hope I'm wrong because he is a talent and deserves a good career at this stage.

Pete
16-08-2016, 02:34 PM
He's not coming but he's a legend.

snooky
16-08-2016, 09:58 PM
He's not coming but he's a legend.

Aw fur Pete's sake.
Effin.......boo.

Gerard
16-08-2016, 10:16 PM
Aw fur Pete's sake.
Effin.......boo.

He will probably not come. If he does not come others will come who will make OUR team a better team. In Ms Dempster and her MT we place our trust.

monktonharp
17-08-2016, 12:20 AM
I can understand the frustration with folk on here, and the comments about NL, and his comments on the wireless etc, but is he really the man that pulls the strings when it comes to completing a "done deal" ? don't think so. he will name or nominate players he wants or is interested in, but there is a man that does all the deals is there not? Neil Lennon may say that it looks dead, but there could be things going on between the player(s) agents and clubs behind the scenes that he might be unaware off.. as long as he;s done his part in identifying what's needed I am happy with how it goes. If we cant afford what is required then there is no point in greetin' about it. we move on. our manager himself, may be a bit perplexed but we don't have the money that he used to play with in the last 4 or 5 years.

Thief
17-08-2016, 01:33 PM
From NL comments, and the latest comments from Brendan Rodgers, I would still think a loan is possible. Main hurdle seems to be Liam himself [emoji22]
Still hoping [emoji6]
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/16/brendan-rodgers-explains-what-he-loves-about-celtic-midfielder-l/

SRHibs
17-08-2016, 01:53 PM
I can understand the frustration with folk on here, and the comments about NL, and his comments on the wireless etc, but is he really the man that pulls the strings when it comes to completing a "done deal" ? don't think so. he will name or nominate players he wants or is interested in, but there is a man that does all the deals is there not? Neil Lennon may say that it looks dead, but there could be things going on between the player(s) agents and clubs behind the scenes that he might be unaware off.. as long as he;s done his part in identifying what's needed I am happy with how it goes. If we cant afford what is required then there is no point in greetin' about it. we move on. our manager himself, may be a bit perplexed but we don't have the money that he used to play with in the last 4 or 5 years.

You know we've reached new levels of cynicism on Hibs.net when even Neil Lennon isn't 'in the know' enough.:greengrin

rcarter1
17-08-2016, 01:55 PM
From NL comments, and the latest comments from Brendan Rodgers, I would still think a loan is possible. Main hurdle seems to be Liam himself [emoji22]
Still hoping [emoji6]
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/16/brendan-rodgers-explains-what-he-loves-about-celtic-midfielder-l/

Liam was great when he was here, but if his head and heart aren't with the cause for this season, we wont see his best. It would have been a bit of blow to go back to Celtic thinking he was ready to step up, and then be shifted back to us. When you're young particularly its all about momentum and being with us would seem like he is stalling.

Still, if he gets his head into it and he signs Id be delighted. :agree:

FranckSuzy
17-08-2016, 01:56 PM
He will probably not come. If he does not come others will come who will make OUR team a better team. In Ms Dempster and her MT we place our trust.

Come on now :tee hee:

J-C
17-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Liam was great when he was here, but if his head and heart aren't with the cause for this season, we wont see his best. It would have been a bit of blow to go back to Celtic thinking he was ready to step up, and then be shifted back to us. When you're young particularly its all about momentum and being with us would seem like he is stalling.

Still, if he gets his head into it and he signs Id be delighted. :agree:

The lad is a huge Celtic fan and recently signed a longer contract, he obviously feels confident enough to stay and fight for his spot, he got Hibs and gave his all for us but ultimately he's a Celtic player with 2 years left on his contract.

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2016, 02:29 PM
The lad is a huge Celtic fan and recently signed a longer contract, he obviously feels confident enough to stay and fight for his spot, he got Hibs and gave his all for us but ultimately he's a Celtic player with 2 years left on his contract.

He's sensible though, and has Hibs connections through family and now with the Scottish Cup. If he's going to be limited in game time by Celtic, as Rodgers suggests, another year of playing with us on loan is probably the optimum solution for him. Then he could rise up the pecking order next season at Celtic and play for an extended contract.

scott7_0(Prague)
17-08-2016, 02:32 PM
He's sensible though, and has Hibs connections through family and now with the Scottish Cup. If he's going to be limited in game time by Celtic, as Rodgers suggests, another year of playing with us on loan is probably the optimum solution for him. Then he could rise up the pecking order next season at Celtic and play for an extended contract.

play for an extended contract.

He just extended his contract so he feels he is ready to push on.

He aint coming. People need to get over it.

Smartie
17-08-2016, 02:37 PM

Sensible as he is, he's also talented, confident and ambitious.

Putting our obvious loyalties aside, is Henderson going to improve much as a player playing in the Championship for another season? Does he possibly think he's progressed as much as he can with us? I think he can progress further with us - for all he can "deliver" quite beautifully, on the big stage and at critical moments, there are improvements that he can make in his game that he will only make through playing regular first-team football and he'll play in enough tough games against decent teams playing for us to make those improvements.

I'd imagine Henderson (and Rodgers too for that matter) might want to see him play at a higher level for a year before going back and fighting for his place though.

FWIW I think that if we'd been promoted he'd already be with us.

I'm not sure the "Henderson only wants to move if it is a permanent move" explanation holds any water. Tough as it may be for us to accept, I think he might see his short-term future at a higher level than ours.

J-C
17-08-2016, 02:39 PM

I have a feeling he would come if we pad the fee Celtic wanted, a loan deal always feels like a stop gap and Liam may see us using him like that, he'll want to feel wanted by Hibs as a full squad player and not just another loanee, also he's not guaranteed game time here either, with everyone fit would he get in front of McGinn/Fyvie/McGeouch and Shinnie?

patlowe
17-08-2016, 02:56 PM
Given that Lennon had dinner with Rodgers the weekend before making the comments on Sportsound, I would guess that it was made pretty clear to him that it's not happening. A shame but Shinnie is potentially a tremendous alternative.

Baldy Foghorn
17-08-2016, 02:57 PM
Given that Lennon had dinner with Rodgers the weekend before making the comments on Sportsound, I would guess that it was made pretty clear to him that it's not happening. A shame but Shinnie is potentially a tremendous alternative.

Good point......:aok:

snooky
17-08-2016, 03:03 PM

Okay, putting it that way, it looks like the H-endo. :shotdowni

Spudster
17-08-2016, 03:06 PM
For the argument of him going out on loan at a higher level you could say the benefit of loan with us is the huge expectation/pressure of us winning our division. Something he would have to get used to if his career ever takes off at Celtic.

s.a.m
17-08-2016, 03:28 PM

While I'd agree that it's not looking hopeful, it could also be said that having had dinner with Rogers, Lennon hasn't said it's definitely not happening, and you would have thought if Rogers had given him a definite no, he wouldn't still be talking about it as a possibility. The Evening Times tweeted a headline this morning about Lennon saying he was concerned a deal for Henderson might not be reached(or something like that).

From Henderson's point of view, I can understand him wanting to stay: goes back to Celtic on a high and hoping to impress Rogers; finds out that they're happy to let him go, which will have been disappointing; manages to get some game time and feels like he's being given another chance. He'll be confident at the moment and feeling like his stock is high. Should he find himself at Christmas sitting on the bench yet again, having only played U20s for half a season, he might feel differently. He looks like he enjoys playing football.

So we might be doing this all over again in January.:greengrin

Lago
17-08-2016, 04:44 PM
One thing is for sure we aren't getting players on board with any ease, seem to be struggling.

marinello59
17-08-2016, 04:47 PM
One thing is for sure we aren't getting players on board with any ease, seem to be struggling.

We're in the second tier of Scottish football. It's a hard sell, people really need to take that onboard.

Captain Trips
17-08-2016, 05:22 PM
We're in the second tier of Scottish football. It's a hard sell, people really need to take that onboard.

Indeed, a lot of time certainly on here being spent on wether he will come or not when IMO it is not an area that needs as much attention say as an attacking midfielder or another striking option.

Heisenberg
17-08-2016, 05:38 PM
On the bench for Celtc tonight.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2016, 06:42 PM
On the bench for Celtc tonight.

Is he? I thought he'd been left out of the European squad?

stoneyburn hibs
17-08-2016, 06:48 PM

Unfortunately yes he is.

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2016, 06:54 PM
He just extended his contract so he feels he is ready to push on.

He aint coming. People need to get over it.

Oh I'm over it Scott, I can assure you. I thought it would be a good move for both player and club, but I lack the interest to dwell on players who aren't coming. Now that Shinnie - probably a more than adequate replacement- is here I irrevocably accept that it's unlikely Hendo will join him and I care not a jot.

ancient hibee
17-08-2016, 06:55 PM
If he gets a game every 3/4 games he'll probably be satisfied.Otherwise he'll go on loan in January -to Rotherham?

ian cruise
18-08-2016, 07:19 AM

Doesn't need to be named on the squad as he's under 22 and been with Celtic for 4+ years.

scott7_0(Prague)
18-08-2016, 07:40 AM
Oh I'm over it Scott, I can assure you. I thought it would be a good move for both player and club, but I lack the interest to dwell on players who aren't coming. Now that Shinnie - probably a more than adequate replacement- is here I irrevocably accept that it's unlikely Hendo will join him and I care not a jot.

There you go Bob - onwards and upwards fella. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2016, 08:04 AM
Doesn't need to be named on the squad as he's under 22 and been with Celtic for 4+ years.

:aok: I didn't realise that was the rules.