PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers - at it again with signings

NASAHIBS
15-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Just on the news about The Rangers about to sign the boy Garner from Preston. £1.5million with only a minor detail to resolve......aye, like you've not got the money!! Said they want to pay half this year and half next year.......sound familiar from the oldco??

Finn2015
15-08-2016, 06:13 PM
Just on the news about The Rangers about to sign the boy Garner from Preston. £1.5million with only a minor detail to resolve......aye, like you've not got the money!! Said they want to pay half this year and half next year.......sound familiar from the oldco??

I'd have thought that would signal alarm bells with any club dealing or selling to sevco

Billy Whizz
15-08-2016, 06:13 PM
I'd have thought that would signal alarm bells with any club dealing or selling to sevco

Transfers are usually paid this way

Finn2015
15-08-2016, 06:16 PM

That they may be but again, when sevco are the club your dealing with and they promise money in the future, alarm bells

GordonHFC
15-08-2016, 06:21 PM
That they may be but again, when sevco are the club your dealing with and they promise money in the future, alarm bells

Agreed. There are some teams you can trust when it comes to 'pay in installment' deals. Then there are The Rangers and Hearts.

NASAHIBS
15-08-2016, 06:28 PM
My thoughts as well. No club in their right mind should trust them.

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2016, 06:39 PM
Transfers always happen like that, you really think Man United are just giving Juventus 90 million in a briefcase?

ancient hibee
15-08-2016, 06:41 PM
Transfers always happen like that, you really think Man United are just giving Juventus 90 million in a briefcase?

Two suitcases.

greenginger
15-08-2016, 06:46 PM
Agreed. There are some teams you can trust when it comes to 'pay in installment' deals. Then there are The Rangers and Hearts.

You are surely not suggesting the Heart and soul of Edinburgh would stoop so low as screwing another fellow football club ?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/current-embargo-is-the-second-time-sfa-have-imposed-a-signing-ban-at-hearts-1-2593780

This was all just a misunderstanding, don't ya know !

Finn2015
15-08-2016, 06:51 PM

Nope but I think juventus can be confident they will get their money from Man U. Can any club be as confident with sevco?

Hibbyboy
15-08-2016, 06:53 PM
They've got themselves a player there anyway.

Can remember him scoring a screamer against rotherham in the play offs.

A real handful of a player.

cabbageandribs1875
15-08-2016, 06:54 PM
aye, 6 goals in 44 games for a striker is prolific :)

Cardinal G
15-08-2016, 07:00 PM
You are surely not suggesting the Heart and soul of Edinburgh would stoop so low as screwing another fellow football club ?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/current-embargo-is-the-second-time-sfa-have-imposed-a-signing-ban-at-hearts-1-2593780

On an aside I love the photograph in that link with the old away end at the ground. Had some happy memories in there.

greenginger
15-08-2016, 07:08 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37085833

Now The Rangers eyeing up Senderos. Another one for the over the hill mob , but won't be cheap.

They must be really confident the DD's will continue to flow in from their Club 1872 .

emerald green
15-08-2016, 07:20 PM

The link - "We wanted to keep this quiet" said Jim Farry, the Scottish Football League Secretary at the time...

I wonder what else has been "kept quiet" over the years?

lucky
15-08-2016, 07:21 PM

Even if they went under the newco has to pay all football debts before they get the licence

snooky
15-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Two suitcases.

Must be in lira then :greengrin

JimBHibees
15-08-2016, 08:10 PM
The link - "We wanted to keep this quiet" said Jim Farry, the Scottish Football League Secretary at the time...

I wonder what else has been "kept quiet" over the years?

The delayed Celtic signing of Cadete comes to mind and how Farry was able to resign without investigation was scandalous. Corrupt pure and simple.

heidtheba
15-08-2016, 08:19 PM

The thing that really annoys me, and I've got no idea if this has happened or not, is that you can bet anything you like that they will continually say that 'Rangers were a different club, we are not the same'...

Enough said
15-08-2016, 08:19 PM

Nonsense, Man U situation is totally different and there would of been a big lump paid up front. You really think Preston would be happy at that?

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2016, 08:31 PM
Nonsense, Man U situation is totally different and there would of been a big lump paid up front. You really think Preston would be happy at that?It isn't nonsense, football transfers always work like this. Apologies if I'm getting in the way of an anti-Rangers circlejerk but there is nothing strange about them doing business this way.

Enough said
15-08-2016, 08:44 PM
It isn't nonsense, football transfers always work like this. Apologies if I'm getting in the way of an anti-Rangers circlejerk but there is nothing strange about them doing business this way.
Was meaning the fact SEVCO is a totally different situation from Man U

cocopops1875
15-08-2016, 08:46 PM

I'd imagine they will use bank transfer to be honest

Finn2015
15-08-2016, 08:48 PM
Was meaning the fact SEVCO is a totally different situation from Man U

Yes that's the crucial point that some how seems to be lost here

Enough said
15-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Yes that's the crucial point that some how seems to be lost here

Am actually surprised clubs want to do business with them. Always remember hearing that clubs are always happy to do business with hibs as they usually pay the full amount required for the players we sign.

Smartie
15-08-2016, 08:59 PM
Am actually surprised clubs want to do business with them. Always remember hearing that clubs are always happy to do business with hibs as they usually pay the full amount required for the players we sign.

I don't think anyone wants to do business with them.

There is a pattern emerging - they put lowball offers in, unsettle players and place the clubs in a position where they have no option but to do business with them.

They seem to be trawling the UK looking for new teams to piss off.

It really would be a shame if they missed one of these future payments and the walls fell in on them.

Scouse Hibee
15-08-2016, 09:11 PM

They do it electronically so no need for briefcases.

staunchhibby
15-08-2016, 09:19 PM
Once again the new sevco unsettle a player and get him.

Finn2015
15-08-2016, 09:35 PM
I don't think anyone wants to do business with them.

There is a pattern emerging - they put lowball offers in, unsettle players and place the clubs in a position where they have no option but to do business with them.

They seem to be trawling the UK looking for new teams to piss off.

It really would be a shame if they missed one of these future payments and the walls fell in on them.

A genuinely disgusting tactic from a disgusting club

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2016, 09:39 PM
They do it electronically so no need for briefcases.Really? That ruins my image of 2 Italian mafia types sitting at a table with Ed Woodward and Bobby Charlton while Pogba is in an unmarked van round the corner :greengrin

Edson Arantes
15-08-2016, 09:42 PM

Correct.

But, as per, pettiness is king on here.

I shake my head at things like this.

Two games, two wins - what's not to be happy about?

Future17
16-08-2016, 06:50 AM

"They celebrated by signing Donald Park for the second time."

Galahibby
16-08-2016, 07:41 AM
"They celebrated by signing Donald Park for the second time."

DP worked beside my dad at the brewery. I did a sponsored walk when I was wee, and he sponsored me £5, which was a fortune in 197? Never paid up! True story 😡

magpie1892
16-08-2016, 10:29 AM

Nonsense. Newcastle always ask for the lot up front and they are not alone.

Many clubs will not deal with the the rangers on anything other than a COD basis after their amount of previous, like the two boys from Acc. Stanley, to give a recent example.

JDHibs
16-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Alot of transfer are done in installments. Utd are paying Juve just under £30m for 3 years.

Different teams do it different ways.

As for it being Sevco, i imagine Preston would have asked for proof of funds and guaratees etc before sitting down.

Hibs fans think we have £400k to splash out on Hendo, but cant see sevco having 4x that when they have sold over 4x as many ST's, a massive fan base, bigger sponsorship deals etc? Plus they are pretty much guaranteed top 3 this season, so they will get into Europe, along with a few cup runs.

Hibernia&Alba
16-08-2016, 02:13 PM
If, as they claim, The Rangers 2012 are the same rotten club, why don't they use that £1.5 million to re-pay some of the creditors they left in the lurch? Where is the honour, the unsurpassed dignity?

JimBHibees
16-08-2016, 02:38 PM
Apparently now in for Joeleon Lescott. Obviously someone has robbed a bank in the last week or so.

GreenLake
16-08-2016, 02:50 PM
Transfers to either them or Hearts should require the money to be deposited in an escrow account prior to the paperwork.

Kato
16-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Apparently now in for Joeleon Lescott. Obviously someone has robbed a bank in the last week or so.

Hope so, he's goosed.

calumhibee1
16-08-2016, 04:56 PM

Between him, senderos, Barton, kranjckar and hill the 5 of them will be skinning rangers for at least £100k a week. And all of them are absolutely jobbies.

Finn2015
16-08-2016, 05:13 PM
Between him, senderos, Barton, kranjckar and hill the 5 of them will be skinning rangers for at least £100k a week. And all of them are absolutely jobbies.

I'd love it if lescott went, the Huns struggle and are raging and he tweets a pic of his latest flash car 😂

Eyrie
16-08-2016, 07:46 PM
If, as they claim, The Rangers 2012 are the same rotten club, why don't they use that £1.5 million to re-pay some of the creditors they left in the lurch? Where is the honour, the unsurpassed dignity?

They walked away from all of that.

heretoday
16-08-2016, 08:11 PM
The Rangers signings are all failed stars.

Lescott was good for a bit for Everton but Toffees had lost patience with him long before his big move to Citeh. Since then he's been in the wilderness - a situation not likely to change at Ibrox.

HoboHarry
16-08-2016, 08:41 PM

Lescott was good for a bit for Everton but Toffees had lost patience with him long before his big move to Citeh. Since then he's been in the wilderness - a situation not likely to change at Ibrox.
Hardly a failed star but most certainly at the tail end of his career like some others they have signed. I find it bizarre how they can afford what must be huge money given their (so called) perilous financial state. :confused:

ancient hibee
16-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Hardly a failed star but most certainly at the tail end of his career like some others they have signed. I find it bizarre how they can afford what must be huge money given their (so called) perilous financial state. :confused:

It's only a few months since Warburton was explaining that the future at Ibrox involved bringing through young players to sell.Obviously he's been put right over that one.

HoboHarry
16-08-2016, 08:55 PM
It's only a few months since Warburton was explaining that the future at Ibrox involved bringing through young players to sell.Obviously he's been put right over that one.
That's what I don't get - where is the logic in paying out huge sums for players with no sell-on value? Is he luring the "peepul" into buying as many season tickets as he can then planning an admin event in the near future to get rid of these players? Glib would have grabbed the cash of course but even I think this is clutching a bit but I just don't understand the logic from a business point of view.

heidtheba
16-08-2016, 09:14 PM
That's what I don't get - where is the logic in paying out huge sums for players with no sell-on value? Is he luring the "peepul" into buying as many season tickets as he can then planning an admin event in the near future to get rid of these players? Glib would have grabbed the cash of course but even I think this is clutching a bit but I just don't understand the logic from a business point of view.

This.

The only way I can see it working is if these seasoned veterans acts as mini captains in different areas across their formation. Bringing in young players who will learn from them might be the 'sellable asset' that they need financially?

Northernhibee
16-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Do you know when you get all excited on Football Manager because a 42 year old Jari Litmannen etc. is available on a free transfer and wants to be the highest earner at the club but they end up knackered after half an hour of football? Brave for Sevco to use that as their signing strategy...

Finn2015
17-08-2016, 07:49 AM
Wes foderigham thinks sevco are a class apart from anyone else in the premier league according to the sun 😂

greenginger
17-08-2016, 07:53 AM

It could be a way of forcing their supporters into donating big time to their Club 1872.

A call of " Your club needs your donations now or it admin/liquidation ".

It would be everybody else's fault though, Ashley and Sports Direct for stealing their shirt money to Hibs and the SFA for depriving them of their rightful place in the Europa League.

17-08-2016, 10:00 AM

They're apparently still the same club but when it comes to their debts its suddenly "oh no that was the old club, nothing to do with us etc etc". God forbid mention they haven't still got 54 titles though . . .

Finn2015
17-08-2016, 10:34 AM
They're apparently still the same club but when it comes to their debts its suddenly "oh no that was the old club, nothing to do with us etc etc". God forbid mention they haven't still got 54 titles though . . .

Amazing no one in the media haven't picked up on this hypocrisy

CropleyWasGod
17-08-2016, 12:16 PM

Some people might say that the two aren't mutually exclusive, though.

:stirrer:

:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
17-08-2016, 12:26 PM
Some people might say that the two aren't mutually exclusive, though.

:stirrer:

The Rangers and ethics are mutually exclusive, never appearing on the same stage. The Rangers left tens of millions of pounds worth of debts behind them in 2012, only to re-emerge, making £1.5 million bids for players; and all this following a takeover by a convicted tax cheat. What a slap in the face for those who were shafted by the supposed 'same club' four years ago.

Iain G
17-08-2016, 12:53 PM
Wes foderigham thinks sevco are a class apart from anyone else in the premier league according to the sun 😂

Heard he is being lined up by Pep to replace Joe Hart ;-)

Neilbooks
17-08-2016, 12:57 PM

I think the majority of Scottish football would look at the behaviour and actions of Sevco and their rancid predecessors and happily consider themselves to be in a different class!

Edson Arantes
17-08-2016, 01:03 PM

Lescott :lolrangers::lolrangers:

SteveHFC
17-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Rangers are closing in on the signing of former England defender Joleon Lescott after Aston Villa agreed to pay up the final year of his £35,000 a week contract. (Daily Mail)

http://crankycoder.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/What-Meme-13.jpg

Bostonhibby
17-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Rangers are closing in on the signing of former England defender Joleon Lescott after Aston Villa agreed to pay up the final year of his £35,000 a week contract. (Daily Mail)

http://crankycoder.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/What-Meme-13.jpg
Looks like they are determined to get as many slow moving mercenaries in as they can.

Bomb scare defender. Might be okay in the SPL. Never catch Leigh Griffiths though[emoji6]

HoboHarry
17-08-2016, 06:14 PM
It could be a way of forcing their supporters into donating big time to their Club 1872.

A call of " Your club needs your donations now or it admin/liquidation ".

It would be everybody else's fault though, Ashley and Sports Direct for stealing their shirt money to Hibs and the SFA for depriving them of their rightful place in the Europa League.

But that doesn't add up either. If Barton is on 30,000 a week and Lescott is after 35,000 a week then that will be 100,000 a week for them plus the other big names they signed. I doubt anyone is donating that much....

blaikie
18-08-2016, 06:23 PM
See the Garner transfer has been delayed, apprently over him changing his adviser. Funny how the only transfer they need to actually pay money for is delayed ...... Be amazed if this happens now!

TRC
18-08-2016, 06:38 PM
18k aweek I've just seen on Facebook for Lesscot

Marco G
18-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Looks like they are determined to get as many slow moving mercenaries in as they can.

Bomb scare defender. Might be okay in the SPL. Never catch Leigh Griffiths though[emoji6]
Might not be OK in the SPL! Glad to see that the Magic Hat has lost the plot big time.

Bostonhibby
18-08-2016, 07:12 PM
Might not be OK in the SPL! Glad to see that the Magic Hat has lost the plot big time.

Aye, you can get lots of good players for 18k a week so if true delighted to see the tragic twat spending on just the one pension fund here.

HoboHarry
19-08-2016, 12:54 AM
18k aweek I've just seen on Facebook for Lesscot
If that is true, I hope his agent negotiates a 3 year contract :greengrin

s.a.m
19-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Andrew Dickson ‏@mrandrewdickson 6m6 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/mrandrewdickson/status/766588495204913152) Sky sources: Joleon Lescott will NOT sign for Rangers. He has decided against the move north for family reasons

Bostonhibby
19-08-2016, 11:18 AM
Andrew Dickson ‏@mrandrewdickson 6m6 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/mrandrewdickson/status/766588495204913152) Sky sources: Joleon Lescott will NOT sign for Rangers. He has decided against the move north for family reasons

Polite way of saying he's just read their song book?

Scottiedog007
19-08-2016, 11:21 AM
BBC Scotland now reporting it was due to failed medical they must have found his brain !!!

JDHibs
19-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Deal off. He failed his medical as one of his knees is gubbed.

Rangers offered pay as you play deal, he rejected it. Doesnt want the failed medical coming out so has claimed family reasons to try and get a move to Sunderland.

Finn2015
19-08-2016, 12:50 PM
Mwahahaha

Bostonhibby
19-08-2016, 12:59 PM

Rangers offered pay as you play deal, he rejected it. Doesnt want the failed medical coming out so has claimed family reasons to try and get a move to Sunderland.

If his knee is genuinely the problem there is no way the the rangers fans would be happy with anyone who might have a restriction when it comes to the all important being "up to their knees in Fenian blood" aspect of their traditions so it's probably for the best.

Geo_1875
19-08-2016, 01:24 PM
If his knee is genuinely the problem there is no way the the rangers fans would be happy with anyone who might have a restriction when it comes to the all important being "up to their knees in Fenian blood" aspect of their traditions so it's probably for the best.

Could have changed it to "Up to my knee......"

grunt
19-08-2016, 01:43 PM
Deal off. He failed his medical as one of his knees is gubbed. Rangers offered pay as you play deal, he rejected it. Doesnt want the failed medical coming out so has claimed family reasons to try and get a move to Sunderland.Wouldn't Sunderland spot it when they do their medical if one of his knees is gubbed?

JDHibs
19-08-2016, 01:45 PM
Wouldn't Sunderland spot it when they do their medical if one of his knees is gubbed?
Probably.

But you would chance your luck to get another contract. He isnt wanted at Villa and only has 1 year remaining.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

grunt
19-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Dr. Tony XiaVerified account ‏@Dr_TonyXia 1h1 hour ago (https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia/status/766622768389615616) Dr. Tony Xia Retweeted The Villa View
Sky is right this time. No problem with medical check.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
19-08-2016, 02:29 PM

Equally, the huns might not want to make it look like they got KB'd. They do have form fpr media manipulation amd getting your retaliation in first.

I supposr we will know depending on where he goes next

Geo_1875
19-08-2016, 02:52 PM
I imagine it was family reasons. He didn't want his kids having nightmares after seeing the coupons on The Rangers fans.

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2016, 03:26 PM
Jim 'The Hun' White with a stauner, as he says Garner has joined his heroes from Preston.

hibsbollah
19-08-2016, 03:39 PM
I imagine it was family reasons. He didn't want his kids having nightmares after seeing the coupons on The Rangers fans.

West of Scotland Football Fans if you don't mind:rolleyes:

Finn2015
19-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Jim 'The Hun' White with a stauner, as he says Garner has joined his heroes from Preston.

Be interesting to see how he gets on. Not seen anything of him

therealgavmac
19-08-2016, 05:06 PM

lyonhibs
19-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Shame. I think they've dodged a bullet as Lescott was beyond appalling last season for Villa.

That said, they're after Senderos, deemed not good enough for a mid table Swiss team, so it may be a case of out the frying pan and into the raging inferno as far as that's concerned.

Bostonhibby
19-08-2016, 05:51 PM
Shame. I think they've dodged a bullet as Lescott was beyond appalling last season for Villa.

That said, they're after Senderos, deemed not good enough for a mid table Swiss team, so it may be a case of out the frying pan and into the raging inferno as far as that's concerned.
Agree. If they sign senderos the other Scottish clubs only need to get posters of drogba made up for the the rangers visits and senderos will be hiding in the bog potter style.

Drogba used to destroy him in arsenal Chelsea games. Got to feeling sorry for the guy.

Smartie
19-08-2016, 06:33 PM
I thought they did some superb business last season. They got great value out of certain signings esp Holt and Waghorn imo.

By getting hold of the likes of Rossiter and the young lads from Accrington Stanley I thought that they would be continuing that.

These signing targets are just bizarre. Hill, Barton and Kranjcar will really slow them down and stop them attacking at pace, what they did well last year.

I don't know what they're playing at.

But I quite like it.

Thecat23
19-08-2016, 06:38 PM
The Rangers have lied about the medical.

Source... Himself and his wife Debbie. The Rangers contract offer was nothing like what was repeated!

Mr White
19-08-2016, 06:38 PM

:hilarious

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-08-2016, 08:38 PM

jacomo
19-08-2016, 10:25 PM
The Rangers have lied about the medical.

Source... Himself and his wife Debbie. The Rangers contract offer was nothing like what was repeated!

Dave King is cheap, and always will be.

Dashing Bob S
19-08-2016, 10:41 PM
Dave King is cheap, and always will be.

As long as he's in charge at Ibrox they will never get past Celtic for the title. They will literally sleepwalk their way to however many in a row they want.

Ergye
20-08-2016, 01:03 AM
As long as he's in charge at Ibrox they will never get past Celtic for the title. They will literally sleepwalk their way to however many in a row they want.

Correct.

His signings have been thoroughly bizarre. I heard a rumour he was in for Caster Semenya cos he heard he had plenty medals, and is good at getting balls in to the box.

Cuckooooo.

Marco G
20-08-2016, 07:20 AM
I thought they did some superb business last season. They got great value out of certain signings esp Holt and Waghorn imo.

By getting hold of the likes of Rossiter and the young lads from Accrington Stanley I thought that they would be continuing that.

These signing targets are just bizarre. Hill, Barton and Kranjcar will really slow them down and stop them attacking at pace, what they did well last year.

I don't know what they're playing at.

But I quite like it.
Agreed. Sounds like these may not be Warburton's picks or he has panicked into going for old heads. Problem is they may not have the legs needed. Lescott sounds very fishy, interesting to see if his knee makes an amazing recovery and he signs for Sunderland.

greenginger
20-08-2016, 07:49 AM
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/explained-reason-joleon-lescotts-move-11773763

Lescott deal collapsed because of the money . Not medical or family, that was just Sevco spin and the media swallowed it.

hibee-boys
20-08-2016, 08:01 AM
If this is true how low will this vile club go just to save face, surely if he hadn't failed the medical he should be getting them done for slander as it could impact on him getting another club?

CyberSauzee
20-08-2016, 08:32 AM
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/explained-reason-joleon-lescotts-move-11773763

Lescott deal collapsed because of the money . Not medical or family, that was just Sevco spin and the media swallowed it.

Looks like The Rangers are employing Ryan Lochte in their PR department.

The Falcon
20-08-2016, 08:36 AM

Course it was :greengrin

What grinds my gears a bit is that Sevco rightly get it from the bloggers for their financial mis management yet our Pink chums seem to get off lightly.

They probably were managed more corruptly than their big brothers and I understand they only avoided liquidation because the intrepid admins decided that UBIG and UKIO were not linked to the Yams and therefore could vote in the CVA, trumping HMRC. I could be wrong.