3pm
15-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Shinnie should be in this week.

green day
15-08-2016, 05:49 PM
Doubts hendo is coming

3pm
15-08-2016, 05:49 PM
Thinks Cummings will be worth more than the £1.7m that we could have got from Peterborough.

Henderson not happening.

1875er
15-08-2016, 05:50 PM
"Doubt very much Henderson will come" he said....

Brendan wants to work with him and Henderson doesn't want to go out on loan again. Again direct quotes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Babyshamble
15-08-2016, 05:51 PM
Said Cummings agent told him he was thinking about leaving till he managed to persuade him to stay.

Billy Whizz
15-08-2016, 05:52 PM

Brendan wants to work with him and Henderson doesn't want to go out on loan again. Again direct quotes...

And we probably wouldn't be in a position to buy him

neil7908
15-08-2016, 05:52 PM

Disappointing about Hendo but I don't think he's the kind of player we need at the moment. Maybe one we can resurrect in January after he invariably doesn't get any game time at Celtic?

Borderhibbie76
15-08-2016, 05:55 PM

But but I thought it was a done deal 6 weeks ago etc etc???

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Done de.........

S4uzee
15-08-2016, 05:56 PM
But but I thought it was a done deal 6 weeks ago etc etc???

And us not ITK were told to relax

Borderhibbie76
15-08-2016, 05:59 PM
And us not ITK were told to relax
Yup over and over again...few ITKERS be feeling very silly 2night. I have no issue with people sharing genuine info on here...it's why most of us come on here but it's the ones who just make stuff up that gets me 😩

3pm
15-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Yup over and over again...few ITKERS be feeling very silly 2night.

That remains to be seen. Sounded like a like a standard answer to me and wouldn't be certain what he said was the 'truth'.

hibs0666
15-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Yup over and over again...few ITKERS be feeling very silly 2night. I have no issue with people sharing genuine info on here...it's why most of us come on here but it's the ones who just make stuff up that gets me 😩

You clearly want to have a go - are you saying that people were lying? If so, who were the liars? :rolleyes:

lucky
15-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Why has any ITK posters got anything to feel silly about? They post some info and some don't come of. Not major if they get some wrong. This is a fans forum can some fans not just chill a bit.

Frazerbob
15-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Do the Sportsound team think he's still Celtic manager?

Borderhibbie76
15-08-2016, 06:10 PM
You clearly want to have a go - are you saying that people were lying? If so, who were the liars? :rolleyes:
Don't want to have a go at all...but quite a few claimed it was a "done deal" and told us to stop panicking over and over again...when clearly it wasn't and it's not. So they either were fed false info or made it up. There are genuine ITK posters on here and there are the rest....

cabbageandribs1875
15-08-2016, 06:11 PM
tuned in and heard him talking sellick...tuned back out again :)

Finn2015
15-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Why has any ITK posters got anything to feel silly about? They post some info and some don't come of. Not major if they get some wrong. This is a fans forum can some fans not just chill a bit.

True. Think people need to calm a bit. I like this site, you see rumours, some come off some don't.

green day
15-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Think this is an interesting chat with NL.

The Hibs stuff is interesting, and he has covered most of the big stories - JC, shinnie, favourites for league, our season so far etc.

The Celtic job is a huge part of his CV, and he's only a few weeks into his Hibs career, so why wouldn't they talk a lot about Celtic?

Franck Stanton
15-08-2016, 06:16 PM
Am not listening to sportsound, has Lennon mentioned the Keeper situation at all ?

Finn2015
15-08-2016, 06:17 PM
Has he mentioned anything else about transfers other than shinnie?

matty_f
15-08-2016, 06:20 PM
Managers often tell porkies as well. Especially to the media.

Wouldn't be so quick to stick the boot into those that shared info just yet.

Babyshamble
15-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Am not listening to sportsound, has Lennon mentioned the Keeper situation at all ?

Yip. Said just waiting on the paperwork

TrinityHibs
15-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Managers often tell porkies as well. Especially to the media.

Wouldn't be so quick to stick the boot into those that shared info just yet.

That was my immediate thought. So Neil is Hendo coming? Yup and Celtc add a zero. No and Celtc think a bit. I have more time for the guys that give some info than this that criticise if it doesn't happen and I know nothing.

3pm
15-08-2016, 06:26 PM
He wants Shinnie plus another 2.

hibs0666
15-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Don't want to have a go at all...but quite a few claimed it was a "done deal" and told us to stop panicking over and over again...when clearly it wasn't and it's not. So they either were fed false info or made it up. There are genuine ITK posters on here and there are the rest....

For my future reference, who are the genuines I should look out for?

1875er
15-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Speaking very openly and candidly about his battle with depression.

Borderhibbie76
In my personal opinion/experience, The Cat and Scoopyboy always appear pretty reliable

bingo70

The ones that pass on info have nothing to feel silly about at all, all info passed on in good faith will be appreciated.

The ones that have hissy fits and tantrums when you question them should feel a bit silly when it turns out what they were saying is wrong.

The Captain....
15-08-2016, 06:32 PM
There didn't seem to be much room for interpretation in what Lennon said re Henderson. Was pretty clear that that player does not want to go on loan, Rogers wants to work with him and that Hibs wouldn't be able to finance a deal for a perm move at this time.

Time to move on from this, Shinnie is an excellent alternative in my opinion, with more experience and may chip in with more goals which everyone agrees we need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IncredibleHibee
15-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Enjoyed listening to Mr Lennon tonight. Always been a straight talker and seems a real genuine guy. Interesting listening at the end there about him dealing with depression. I've been very ill with that in the past. Terrible illness.

On a high note he said he expects 3 more signings - including Shinnie! :thumbsup:

Finn2015
15-08-2016, 06:37 PM
Enjoyed listening to Mr Lennon tonight. Always been a straight talker and seems a real genuine guy. Interesting listening at the end there about him dealing with depression. I've been very ill with that in the past. Terrible illness.

On a high note he said he expects 3 more signings - including Shinnie! :thumbsup:

Great stuff. An interesting few weeks ahead then 🤗

steakbake
15-08-2016, 06:39 PM
I like Lennon. Straight talker as you say, seems a real down to earth guy, has had to put up with a lot in his time. He will do well for us, of that I have no doubt.

bingo70
15-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Is there any suggestion from Lennon whether he sees Shinnie as a forward or attacking midfielder?

Smartie
15-08-2016, 06:44 PM

Yep, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to that.

Even the Celtic bit was interesting.

Billy Whizz
15-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Wonder what positions the other 2 are. Is Shinnie the striker we were after, or are we looking at another striker

Babyshamble
15-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Wonder what positions the other 2 are. Is Shinnie the striker we were after, or are we looking at another striker

Would hope he's after a striker. Shinnie scored 6 in 73 games for birmingham

Gmack7
15-08-2016, 07:24 PM
Shinnie is an attacking midfielder, if lennon was after a striker the signing of shinnie won't change that imo.

Smartie
15-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Shinnie would more than likely play the role that Keatings has been playing so in some ways it would free up a striker.

We've been a bit exposed with those 3 starting every game so far - we'd have been in a bit of bother if any of them went off injured and we've not had any options off the bench to play up front.

Jim44
15-08-2016, 07:51 PM
There didn't seem to be much room for interpretation in what Lennon said re Henderson. Was pretty clear that that player does not want to go on loan, Rogers wants to work with him and that Hibs wouldn't be able to finance a deal for a perm move at this time.

Time to move on from this, Shinnie is an excellent alternative in my opinion, with more experience and may chip in with more goals which everyone agrees we need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like Henderson will be doing an impersonation of Scott Allan this season. Pity, but I'll take Shinnie as a very good alternative.

snooky
15-08-2016, 08:26 PM
Looks like Henderson will be doing an impersonation of Scott Allan this season. Pity, but I'll take Shinnie as a very good alternative.

Just listening to the podcast as I type. Lennon talks very openly and tells it like it is.
Disappointed Hendo is not coming. The deal appears to be dead in the water.

Aldo
15-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Gary Rowett suggested that Shinnie had moved down the pecking order in the No10 role at Brum so would suggest he's not a striker but then again who knows these days!!

The_Horde
15-08-2016, 08:30 PM

Think it's more of a sparky than an Allan.

snooky
15-08-2016, 08:34 PM
Just listening to the podcast as I type. Lennon talks very openly and tells it like it is.

Just switched off as it's deteriorated into a lengthy debate on the OF
Surprise, surprise :yawn: :zzzzz!:

Keyser Sauzee
15-08-2016, 08:35 PM
I always take whatever anyone is saying to the media with a pinch of salt regardless of who it is and what they are talking about, Lennon may well just be playing it down and I won't believe anything of any signings until they are done and the window is shut.

If Shinnie signs I thing he will be a really good addition. Reading his wiki page it seems he is best in behind the strikers which may see an end to Keatings playing there, if NL carries on with the current formation.

northstandhibby
15-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Shinnie is an attacking midfielder, if lennon was after a striker the signing of shinnie won't change that imo.

Sounds good to me. Attack is always the best form of defence. The disappointing note is I had high hopes for Sam Stanton in that role a year or two ago. Hoped he'd go on to become a must pick every week.

Glory Glory

ekhibee
15-08-2016, 08:44 PM

He actually did an interview about it when he was Celtic manager 2 or 3 years ago, I remember that because I have suffered from that for years, and that was a particularly hard time. If you can find the link it's well worth listening to.

snooky
15-08-2016, 09:01 PM

Also, interesting to hear him say Jason was wanting to leave but NL talked him into staying (while at the Euros).

CRAZYHIBBY
15-08-2016, 09:19 PM
Did he mention the training ground

HTD1875
15-08-2016, 09:49 PM
Podcast available on Iplayer at all?

calumhibee1
15-08-2016, 09:51 PM
http://ic.4e946dc2.0377c1.aod-pod-uk-live.bbcfmt.vo.llnwi.net/mpg_mp3_med/2c97899356375d7701568f7d6ae7647f--audio--Sportsound-15-Aug-16_mpg_mp3_med.mp3?s=1471270490&e=1471313690&h=aae38ebbe864cd604ac94bdb14706d07

lucky
15-08-2016, 10:12 PM
It's a good listen. He's an interesting character. Wonder who the other two players he wants in after Shinnie

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2016, 10:44 PM
It's a good listen. He's an interesting character. Wonder who the other two players he wants in after Shinnie

:agree::agree:

The_Horde
15-08-2016, 10:59 PM

Left back and a striker. My bet anyway. Wouldn't mind a winger personally.

JimBHibees
16-08-2016, 06:59 AM
Came over really well. Very down to earth and honest.

JimBHibees
16-08-2016, 07:00 AM

BBC Sportsound podcast. Well worth a listen.

Hibstrooper
16-08-2016, 07:00 AM
Left back and a striker. My bet anyway. Wouldn't mind a winger personally.

If we were looking for defensive cover then I'd see right back as more of a priority than left back where we have the ever present Lewis and Crane pushing him hard.

I think bringing in a left back would hamper Crane's development

pacoluna
16-08-2016, 07:39 AM
anyone with over 8,000 posts :rolleyes:

calmacuk
16-08-2016, 08:54 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p044t2vn :thumbsup:

neil7908
16-08-2016, 10:10 AM
Listening to it now and impressed by Lennon. The show itself though is really typical of the problems in Scottish football. Here's Hibs manager Neil Lennon and we get 5 minutes on his current team, 20 minutes on Celtic and the rest discussing his career as a player and other issues in football.

DTS
16-08-2016, 11:22 AM
I dont really think they could've spoke about hibs anymore than they did we've had 3 competitive games, a lack of signings although still spoke about shinnie and Henderson so there's not really much more than 5/10 minutes worth available to speak about as he's just in the door. When you consider that the vast majority of his career has been spent at Celtic as a player and manager it's only natural to talk about that with him.

neil7908
16-08-2016, 11:45 AM
I dont really think they could've spoke about hibs anymore than they did we've had 3 competitive games, a lack of signings although still spoke about shinnie and Henderson so there's not really much more than 5/10 minutes worth available to speak about as he's just in the door. When you consider that the vast majority of his career has been spent at Celtic as a player and manager it's only natural to talk about that with him.

Respectfully disagree. Loads of questions that could still have been asked about Hibs.

I accept that Celtic is a huge part of his history and totally understand it being part of the conversation but do you honestly think if he'd been a Hibs player and then manager for years and had just taken the Celtic job that they'd spend the majority of the show focusing on his time at Hibs?

Not a snowballs chance in hell. Celtic are a bigger club with more fans and will always get more coverage than us but when Hibs current manager is on and is prompted to talk more about his old team that's unfair IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
16-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Respectfully disagree. Loads of questions that could still have been asked about Hibs.

I accept that Celtic is a huge part of his history and totally understand it being part of the conversation but do you honestly think if he'd been a Hibs player and then manager for years and had just taken the Celtic job that they'd spend the majority of the show focusing on his time at Hibs?

Not a snowballs chance in hell. Celtic are a bigger club with more fans and will always get more coverage than us but when Hibs current manager is on and is prompted to talk more about his old team that's unfair IMO.

I think anyone could’ve sent a question in – maybe more Celtic questions were sent in? Maybe they were more interesting?

Since90+2
16-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Although no fault of Lennon's the BBC headline below just looks utterly ridiculous given he is now the manager of Hibs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37090314

I am pretty sure Lennon also would not be too happy with how this looks as there is no context given as to why he is talking about it.

SonOfDavidFrancey
16-08-2016, 09:37 PM
I think it was a very interesting listen and only a monomaniac could believe that such a long interview would just be about Hibs. I was really impressed with his eloquence - Stubbs always had a stuttering verbal presence and Lennon strikes me as the more impressive personality.