PDA

View Full Version : Forster deserves a run

Still Smiling
14-08-2016, 05:03 PM
Feel Forster deserves a start in place of McGregor. Really liked him before his injury. He ran off at the end yesterday almost embarrassed at only being on for 1 min!

MyJo
14-08-2016, 05:06 PM
Feel Forster deserves a start in place of McGregor. Really liked him before his injury. He ran off at the end yesterday almost embarrassed at only being on for 1 min!

Nope

HibsNutter
14-08-2016, 05:09 PM
There's a reason he's the fourth choice

Eaststandee
14-08-2016, 05:10 PM
I really like Forster and agree he deserves a chance, but our defenders are playing well so he'll have to wait, and he will know this.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
14-08-2016, 05:11 PM

I was surprised when he resigned as i just couldnt see him getting s game unless otherd ate injured
If he gets verylittle game time before next Transfer window you ouldnt blame him if he wanted to go out on Loan again to get game time At his age he needs to be playing

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-08-2016, 05:12 PM
If he deserves a chance then for me it's ahead of Fonts. As it goes I'd play neither because I do not believe 3 centre backs are required (particularly at home) in this league now that the rangers are out the division

CallumHibs07
14-08-2016, 05:13 PM
Don't get the love for McGregor, we look very shaky at the back with him IMO. Would rather have Forster in there.

Heisenberg
14-08-2016, 05:15 PM
Forster isn't good enough. Well built but can't defend.

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2016, 05:19 PM
There's a reason he's the fourth choice

Any idea what it is mate?

I thought it was due to his injuries.

S4uzee
14-08-2016, 05:40 PM
Don't get the love for McGregor, we look very shaky at the back with him IMO. Would rather have Forster in there.

I think McGregor is probably our best defender

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2016, 05:42 PM

I agree.

California-Hibs
14-08-2016, 06:08 PM

I mean, you are kidding right?? Guys, tell me he's kidding..

Allant1981
14-08-2016, 06:12 PM

Mcgregor is probably the best defender we have

CallumHibs07
14-08-2016, 06:27 PM
Mcgregor is probably the best defender we have

Pish. Physicality and aggression covers his poor technical ability. To say he's better than Hanlon is downright insane.

Shrekko
14-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Last 2 seasons Darren won Rangers Player of the Year and then was voted onto the Championship team of the year by his peers. Sounds like plenty of folk are impressed with his defending.

He's maybe not the most technically gifted but I'm astounded anyone wouldn't be happy with what he's done for Hibs.

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Pish. Physicality and aggression covers his poor technical ability. To say he's better than Hanlon is downright insane.

Wow

fulshie
14-08-2016, 06:39 PM
I really like Forster and agree he deserves a chance, but our defenders are playing well so he'll have to wait, and he will know this.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using TapatalkThey're not playing that well! We've lost 5 goals in 3 games all to championship sides, 4 of those at home. It isn't good enough. We'll drop a lot of points if these stats continue. I'm certainly not advocating Forster is the answer but, something has to change. Maybe a wee bit more protection from the midfield or a change of formation.

MWHIBBIES
14-08-2016, 06:43 PM
Don't get the love for McGregor, we look very shaky at the back with him IMO. Would rather have Forster in there.Someone hold me back

McGregor is a very good defender, far better than Forster.

JimBHibees
14-08-2016, 06:50 PM

Disagree Darren is one of our strongest defenders. Jordan needs to be patient and take his chance when it will inevitably come along.

Eaststandee
14-08-2016, 06:56 PM
They're not playing that well! We've lost 5 goals in 3 games all to championship sides, 4 of those at home. It isn't good enough. We'll drop a lot of points if these stats continue. I'm certainly not advocating Forster is the answer but, something has to change. Maybe a wee bit more protection from the midfield or a change of formation.
Falkirk scored a screamer can't blame the defence for that. I wasn't at the QOTS game but I know one of these goals was down to the keeper, the dunfermline goal was a great bit of play from what I seen.

Take away the QOTS league cup game where the whole team lapsed and have acknowledged this. We have played a team who have just been promoted and are on a high then a team who is one of our main contenders, and only conceded two, while collecting 6 points along the way. So IMO I think they are playing well.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Steviep73
14-08-2016, 07:08 PM
I agree hanlon must be the best defender we have

MWHIBBIES
14-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Falkirk scored a screamer can't blame the defence for that. I wasn't at the QOTS game but I know one of these goals was down to the keeper, the dunfermline goal was a great bit of play from what I seen.

Take away the QOTS league cup game where the whole team lapsed and have acknowledged this. We have played a team who have just been promoted and are on a high then a team who is one of our main contenders, and only conceded two, while collecting 6 points along the way. So IMO I think they are playing well.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using TapatalkGood points.

It also isn't just defenders who concede the goals, there is always something that the midfield/forwards can do better to help the defence.

Keyser Sauzee
14-08-2016, 07:20 PM
I can't see Forster getting in the team anytime soon and rightly so, he's a good defender but not better than the guys in front of him.

For pure old fashioned defending ability, physically and aggressiveness then McGregor is our best centre half but that doesn't cut it anymore for me as a modern centre half, you need to be good on the ball and in saying this I think Hanlon comes out on top overall but not by a great deal tbf.

Greenworld
14-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Your not the brightest are u callum a very good consistent performer

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

SunshineOnLeith
14-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Paul Hanlon is our best defender
Darren McGregor on 2016's form is our second best.
Fontaine and Forster are pretty closely matched in my opinion but a case could be made for either of them as third best.

All four are good.

Sorry for this calm and balanced post which didn't call a single Hibs player rubbish or purport to be anything more than my opinion.

portycabbage
14-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Fontaine and Forster are pretty closely matched in my opinion but a case could be made for either of them as third best.

All four are good.

Sorry for this calm and balanced post which didn't call a single Hibs player rubbish or purport to be anything more than my opinion.

I agree with all of that.

CallumHibs07
14-08-2016, 07:56 PM
Your not the brightest are u callum a very good consistent performer

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

:faf:

Smartie
14-08-2016, 08:11 PM

All four are good.

I think any club in Scotland would be happy to have those 4 - and I include Celtic in that.

We're well stocked with ability in this position.

The players selected haven't exactly excelled themselves in the past 2 matches though and need to buck their ideas up - having a player as good as Forster waiting in the wings should keep them on their toes.

Albanian Hibs
14-08-2016, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=CallumHibs07;4792554]Don't get the love for McGregor, we look very shaky at the back with him IMO. Would rather have Forster in there.[/QUOTE

Earlier you were slating Stevenson, tonight its McGregor 😴

Heisenberg
14-08-2016, 08:20 PM

Why do you think Forster deserve a place in the team ahead of McGregor? He isn't anywhere near to being as good as him defensively.

supermcginn
14-08-2016, 08:21 PM

Ive read some nonsense on here but this tops the list!

Allant1981
14-08-2016, 08:25 PM

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about

fulshie
14-08-2016, 08:49 PM
Good points.

It also isn't just defenders who concede the goals, there is always something that the midfield/forwards can do better to help the defence.Yes they are good points but, never the less we have still conceded 5 goals in 3 games whether it was goalkeeping errors, defensive errors or midfielders not covering etc etc, so therefor something has to change IMO. Maybe revert to a 4-4-2 or something. The 3 central defenders playing just now are our best we have and probably the best in the league so if we're conceding as many then something is clearly wrong. If we lose 5 goals in our next 3 league games we'll drop points that's for sure. I would just like to see things shored up a bit as we all would.

fat freddy
14-08-2016, 08:57 PM

He never gives the ball away

Cod Boy
14-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Forster can't get a start when they play three at the back even less of a chance if they go back to a four.

Billy Whizz
14-08-2016, 09:24 PM
He's in the squad for cover, he can't be happy with the amount of game time he's had, but he's got to be ready in case someone gets injured

Onceinawhile
14-08-2016, 09:33 PM
When did we last keep a clean sheet? Alloa?

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2016, 09:34 PM
When did we last keep a clean sheet? Alloa?
Brondby [emoji6]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ShinyFantastic
14-08-2016, 11:07 PM
Definitely deserves a chance over Fontaine.

Onceinawhile
14-08-2016, 11:15 PM
Brondby [emoji6]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hahaha!

Totally forgot about that.

Regardless, we don't keep enough imo.

Brightside
15-08-2016, 07:36 AM

Indeed.

iwasthere1972
15-08-2016, 07:41 AM
I mean, you are kidding right?? Guys, tell me he's kidding..

He's kidding. There you go. :aok:

WeeRussell
15-08-2016, 11:11 AM
Definitely deserves a chance over Fontaine.

There may be an argument for that - but MacGregor and Hanlon are easily ahead of them both. Personally I think the three best centre halves we have started on Saturday. Just because Forster looked a bit embarrassed at only playing a minute doesn't mean he should jump in ahead of someone who is a better defender. Can't believe some has started a thread wanting MacGregor out for Forster!!

Actually, I can.

Since90+2
15-08-2016, 11:17 AM
I would rate our centre halfs as:

1. Darren
2. Hanlon
3. Fontaine
4. Forster

McGregor and Hanlon are clearly the best two we have although I give the edge to Darren. Both of them had a terrible game on Saturday but have generally been very consistent and deserve to be the first choice centre halfs.

pacoluna
15-08-2016, 11:26 AM
McG is by far a better player than Hanlon, Hanlon will only improve by playing with him.

bigwheel
15-08-2016, 11:31 AM
McG is by far a better player than Hanlon, Hanlon will only improve by playing with him.

I think even Darren would laugh at this one....

GlesgaeHibby
15-08-2016, 11:36 AM

All four are good.

:agree: This.

HappyHanlon
15-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Hanlon
Darren
Liam
Jordan

In that order.

pacoluna
15-08-2016, 11:44 AM
I think even Darren would laugh at this one....

I know he wouldn't

bigwheel
15-08-2016, 11:48 AM
I know he wouldn't

well, I don't believe you...and anyway it's wrong. Hanlon is our top defender..our manager would agree with that, our previous manager too... Never gets subbed or rotated. Not the case with Darren.

McGregor has been an excellent signing. Great to see him in the team. The last two games, not at the top of his form, but sure it will come again. There is no evidence in his playing record, or his time at Hibs to suggest he is stronger than Paul Hanlon.

JDHibs
15-08-2016, 11:54 AM
Our defence is playing well? 5 goals conceded in 3 games is good?

They were cut apart against QoS and Dunfermline wandered through on Saturday with ease. Both games the opposition player had 3 yards of space, 14 yards out centre of the goal...

But i dont think Forster is the answer. A change of formation is.

McGregor and Hanlon have been immense for us. Forster is good but not quite to their standard.

Finn2015
15-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Our defence is playing well? 5 goals conceded in 3 games is good?

They were cut apart against QoS and Dunfermline wandered through on Saturday with ease. Both games the opposition player had 3 yards of space, 14 yards out centre of the goal...

But i dont think Forster is the answer. A change of formation is.

McGregor and Hanlon have been immense for us. Forster is good but not quite to their standard.

Is agree with your assessment of the defence. I actually wrote a thread after the Falkirk game extolling the virtues of the defence but sadly, I could have spoken to soon. They were cut open last Tuesday and the goal on Saturday again evidences this. I hope and trust Lennon identifies there is much still to work on to shore it up. I mean that in the nicest possible way of course cos I am aware of my station in life 😊