PDA

View Full Version : Keatings and Cummings

IainA
14-08-2016, 02:42 PM
Was there a problem between these two at yesterday's match against Dunfemline? Jason had just scored and appeared to refuse to shake Keatsies hand when it was offered. Keatings then pushed him away in the chest. Strange. Watch the highlights on Hibs TV to see it.

smithy_hibees
14-08-2016, 02:46 PM
Just watched this.. Unsure if banter or not as seem be good friends

Highland_Hibee
14-08-2016, 02:48 PM
I'm fairly certain it was to do with Keatings being in good positions and Cummings going for glory on numerous occasions. There won't be any more than that in it, they are pals.

Finn2015
14-08-2016, 03:04 PM
as long as they are still allowed to have each other round for sleepovers it will all be ok

007 Mickey Weir
14-08-2016, 03:11 PM
They are great pals. This will just be the usual game stuff. Cummings grumpy over something daft. Nothing to worry about

Jim44
14-08-2016, 03:12 PM
Keatings was cheesed off with Cummings's 'greed', but if Cummings didn't have that striker's mentality he wouldn't be much use to us.

staunchhibby
14-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Think it was to do with cummings being greedy and not passing

snooky
14-08-2016, 03:20 PM
Good strikers are greedy.
Great strikers aren't.

Nameless
14-08-2016, 03:38 PM
Great strikers aren't.
I love you Zlatan.

RCNG
14-08-2016, 03:41 PM
Was there a problem between these two at yesterday's match against Dunfemline? Jason had just scored and appeared to refuse to shake Keatsies hand when it was offered. Keatings then pushed him away in the chest. Strange. Watch the highlights on Hibs TV to see it.

No chance. There's two clips prior to that. One is keatings jumping on his back straight after the goal and the second he's got his arm round him.

If you ask me, it looks like he's telling him to stay in the pars half and waste a little time getting back.

Speedway
14-08-2016, 03:50 PM
No chance. There's two clips prior to that. One is keatings jumping on his back straight after the goal and the second he's got his arm round him.

If you ask me, it looks like he's telling him to stay in the pars half and waste a little time getting back.

It was this. Keats was saying slow down so they can't take the restart.

Lennon then called JC over for a little chat.

J-C
14-08-2016, 05:40 PM
Cummings was moaning at everyone yesterday, Stevenson put a decent through ball to him in the box and Cummings wasn't quick enough to get it, he then started flapping his arms about moaning at Lewis as if it was his fault he wasn't sharp enough, Cummings is just a moaning get on the pitch when things don't go his way.

IainA
14-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Cheers, I didn't think there was a problem but think Keatings was frustrated that Jason had t passed it to him on a couple of occasions. The two of them will get loads of goals this season between them 😎

:thumbsup:

hibbysam
14-08-2016, 06:37 PM

On the back of this point, I noticed at Falkirk Lennon going nuts at the defenders for running up and celebrating the winning goal. He clearly wanted them back in positions ready for kick off while last year it was a team effort and the whole team celebrated it.

The_Horde
14-08-2016, 06:41 PM
Cummings was moaning at everyone yesterday, Stevenson put a decent through ball to him in the box and Cummings wasn't quick enough to get it, he then started flapping his arms about moaning at Lewis as if it was his fault he wasn't sharp enough, Cummings is just a moaning get on the pitch when things don't go his way.

Pass was brutal on that one. Stevenson apologised

Broken Gnome
14-08-2016, 06:42 PM

That pass was about three touches and four seconds later than it should have been to be fair, Cummings started that move and bust a gut to get there.

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2016, 07:14 PM

was that the one in the 1st half ? twice(iirc) LS hit passes to nowhere, obviously he was anticipating the players to be there but maybe it would help if he lifted his head just to make sure they are there before he passes :)

trev the hat
14-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Lewis's fresh air pass yesterday was a topper 😄

J-C
14-08-2016, 08:07 PM

That pass was about three touches and four seconds later than it should have been to be fair, Cummings started that move and bust a gut to get there.

was that the one in the 1st half ? twice(iirc) LS hit passes to nowhere, obviously he was anticipating the players to be there but maybe it would help if he lifted his head just to make sure they are there before he passes :)

TBH it might have been a tad too late and over hit a wee bit, just noticed Jason's body language, flailing arms and greetin face, I thought he was a tad slow to react to the pass but maybe not.

hibee_girl
14-08-2016, 08:11 PM
TBH it might have been a tad too late and over hit a wee bit, just noticed Jason's body language, flailing arms and greetin face, I thought he was a tad slow to react to the pass but maybe not.

I thought the same, Cummings was slow and had a cheek to be moaning at Stevenson

FitbaFolkKen
14-08-2016, 08:32 PM

Cummings wanted it first time and Lewis took a touch meaning Cummings was on his heels trying to stay onside. Cummings was right the chance went with Stevensons touch.

FitbaFolkKen
14-08-2016, 08:32 PM
Cummings wanted it first time and Lewis took a touch meaning Cummings was on his heels trying to stay onside. Cummings was right the chance went with Stevensons touch.

Apologies just noticed the rest of the replies!

J-C
14-08-2016, 08:37 PM
Apologies just noticed the rest of the replies!

No need bud, just the way it looked at different angles etc a couple of us thought Jase was slow others thought the pass could've been quicker, TBH both didn't have a great game apart from Jason being in he right place for the goal.

Dunbar Hibee
14-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Great strikers aren't.

Pish

Dashing Bob S
14-08-2016, 09:47 PM
As long as they can play effectively together I couldn't care whether they were deadly enemies or star crossed lovers.

Onceinawhile
14-08-2016, 10:04 PM
As long as they can play effectively together I couldn't care whether they were deadly enemies or star crossed lovers.

Andy Cole and teddy Sheringham hated each other, but were fantastic for man u.

snooky
14-08-2016, 11:33 PM
Pish
I bow to your superior knowledge :not worth

:greengrin

Ronniekirk
15-08-2016, 08:09 AM
Best thing Keatings could do is score a hat trick at St Mirren again Agree he needs Service to do that bit Jason was creating chances for himself ,but when they dont come off for him he should be aware of other options to play in someone else
Ironically had goal didnt come from one of his own efforts it was good team work passing and a mistake by Dunfermline defender ,but it was cummings in the right place to profit and he kept composed

Bill Milne
15-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Greed is good in a striker but when Jason opted to shoot with no clear sight of goal in the second half, at 1-1, instead of passing to Keatings for a relatively easy tap in, I lost all patience with him!!

Finn2015
15-08-2016, 08:24 AM
Greed is good in a striker but when Jason opted to shoot with no clear sight of goal in the second half, at 1-1, instead of passing to Keatings for a relatively easy tap in, I lost all patience with him!!

Well Cummings is still a young man and dare I say it, still learning. Hopefully, Lennon had a word to him about this

proud_and_green
15-08-2016, 12:08 PM
I thought JC was excellent on Sat, worked hard moving, anticipating and creating opportunities - I think he is playing (so far) at a much better standard than last year. The thing with Keatings was nothing other than tactics talk, you stay up here....

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

proud_and_green
15-08-2016, 12:10 PM
I thought JC was excellent on Sat. He was working hard, creating loads and supporting the whole team. He has, in my mind, stepped up a grade this season. The thing with Keatings was nothing apart from tactics.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

15-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Jasons desperate to score goals and reap the glory. He knows other clubs are watching him closely so understandably he wants to show off a bit. I'm glad we have a striker whos hungry for goals, Malonga was the same hence why sometimes he would throw a bit of a strop when he didn't get to take a penalty. However, Jason does need to learn when to go for the glory himself and when to look to play in someone else. He will learn that with experience. Footballs a team game and sometimes you have to be willing to sacrifice a but of personal glory for the good of the team.

We saw in last years semi final at hampden, the infamous "pirlo" penalty where Jason was more concerned with showing off on the big stage rather than doing what was best for the team and just picking a corner and slotting it like he normally does. That to me showed a bit of immaturity and selfishness. Fair enough maybe experiment with that short of showboating if we were 3 or 4 goals ahead and crusing but at 0-0 when we desperatly needed a goal was not the time.

He's a young guy and still learning though tbf and hopefully Lennons had a wee word with him.

Smartie
15-08-2016, 12:40 PM
Jasons desperate to score goals and reap the glory. He knows other teams are watching him closely so understandably he wants to show off a bit. I'm glad we have a striker whos hungry for goals, Malonga was the same hence why sometimes he would throw a bit of a strop when he didn't get to take a penalty. However, Jason does need to learn when to go for the glory himself and when to look to play in someone else. He will learn that with experience. Footballs a team game and sometimes you have to be willing to sacrifice a but of personal glory for the good of the team.

We saw in last years semi final at hampden, the infamous "pirlo" penalty where Jason was more concerned with showing off on the big stage rather than doing what was best for the team and just picking a corner and slotting it like he normally does. That to me showed a bit of immaturity and selfishness. Fair enough maybe experiment with that short of showboating if we were 3 or 4 goals ahead and crusing but at 0-0 when we desperatly needed a goal was not the time.

He's a young guy and still learning though tbf and hopefully Lennons had a wee word with him.

I wish he'd hang around the box a bit more then.

We've got the same problem we've had for a couple of seasons where we get players into decent positions but there's nobody in the box.

I'm all for strikers dropping deep and pulling defenders out of position but you have still have to have one of them (or somebody else) in position in case we get a chance to get a decent ball in there.

Our movement when we get into decent positions can be pitiful. At one point late in the game Boyle did a cracking job of wriggling along the bye-line from the left and we had nobody trying to find space to get on the end of any delivery he made. He eventually lost the ball trying to cut it back to a statuesque Keatings.

At one point in the second half Cummings was our deepest player in the RB position. Utter madness if you ask me.

I find criticism of the luck involved in the second goal peculiar - because that goal is exactly the kind of goal you get when you have striker being a pest in the 6 yard box instead of being 35 yards out, slowly toddling towards the box.

JimBHibees
15-08-2016, 12:44 PM

We've got the same problem we've had for a couple of seasons where we get players into decent positions but there's nobody in the box.

I'm all for strikers dropping deep and pulling defenders out of position but you have still have to have one of them (or somebody else) in position in case we get a chance to get a decent ball in there.

Our movement when we get into decent positions can be pitiful. At one point late in the game Boyle did a cracking job of wriggling along the bye-line from the left and we had nobody trying to find space to get on the end of any delivery he made. He eventually lost the ball trying to cut it back to a statuesque Keatings.

At one point in the second half Cummings was our deepest player in the RB position. Utter madness if you ask me.

I find criticism of the luck involved in the second goal peculiar - because that goal is exactly the kind of goal you get when you have striker being a pest in the 6 yard box instead of being 35 yards out, slowly toddling towards the box.

Tend to agree about movement, in the first half McGinn turned well in midfield and was driving forward and you could have thrown a reasonable sized rug over the 3 forward players who were standing centrally and not really creating space with good movement.

15-08-2016, 12:48 PM

I agree. Think how many the likes of Boyd scored for der Hun whilst doing just that. Hanging about the box, making a bit of a nuisense of himself and getting himself into the right place at the right time to tap it in.

MyJo
15-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Its a tough life having a striker that scores 25+ goals a season and attracts £1m+ bids when we have to put up with him being a bit selfish and trying to score goals for himself or getting annoyed when his team-mates dont find him with thier passes.

I reckon we were a lot better off with James Collins and Rowan Vine playing for us, not being able to score goals means less likelyhood of a tantrum from them and we never had to spend money on fax paper to reject bids for them either.

#firstworldproblems

jacomo
15-08-2016, 01:07 PM
Jasons desperate to score goals and reap the glory. He knows other clubs are watching him closely so understandably he wants to show off a bit. I'm glad we have a striker whos hungry for goals, Malonga was the same hence why sometimes he would throw a bit of a strop when he didn't get to take a penalty. However, Jason does need to learn when to go for the glory himself and when to look to play in someone else. He will learn that with experience. Footballs a team game and sometimes you have to be willing to sacrifice a but of personal glory for the good of the team.

:agree:

I have a lot of time for JC - he has a striker's instinct for goal.

But he can definitely still improve others aspects of his game - for example, Thierry Henry was a great striker with lethal finishing who seemed to take almost as much pleasure from delivering a goal-making assist for a team mate.

JC attracts attention - if he can learn to use that to create space for others he will become an even more valuable player.

Finn2015
15-08-2016, 02:39 PM
I agree. Think how many the likes of Boyd scored for der Hun whilst doing just that. Hanging about the box, making a bit of a nuisense of himself and getting himself into the right place at the right time to tap it in.

Goal hanger it used to be called lol. Remember doing it at school until some lads gave me a doing cos they were sick of it 😄

Pedantic_Hibee
15-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Lewis's fresh air pass yesterday was a topper 😄

Frankly magnificent. I must admit I laughed uproariously at that. Still, he got up and got on with it. And that's why I like him. A summer school at Crossing Practice and he'd be worthy of marrying my sister.

snooky
15-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Frankly magnificent. I must admit I laughed uproariously at that. Still, he got up and got on with it. And that's why I like him. A summer school at Crossing Practice and he'd be worthy of marrying my sister.

If you want your assessment of Lewis to hold any weight PH, you should first post a photo of your sister.

:wink:

Jonnyboy
15-08-2016, 06:49 PM
If you want your assessment of Lewis to hold any weight PH, you should first post a photo of your sister.

:wink:

It's as well PH is a Hibby. Had he been a Jambo the picture would be of his sister and his mother :greengrin

Smartie
15-08-2016, 07:04 PM
It's as wee PH is a Hibby. Had he been a Jambo the picture would be of his sister and his mother :greengrin

If he was a Jambo he'd be keeping her for himself.