PDA

View Full Version : Magic

southsider
14-08-2016, 09:22 AM
Was in the Hibs club last night when a wee visitor came in. The Scottish Cup. Classy act from Hibs. Got a great pic with the Mrs with the cup. Magic.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-08-2016, 09:30 AM
I'm sure everybody that has forked out dough for a photo with the cup will share your joy.

CallumLaidlaw
14-08-2016, 10:28 AM
I'm sure everybody that has forked out dough for a photo with the cup will share your joy.

I paid for a photo, but have no issue with the cup being taken out to see as many Hibees as possible. Keeps the feel good factor going and keeps the connection between club and fans strong.

snooky
14-08-2016, 10:31 AM
I paid for a photo, but have no issue with the cup being taken out to see as many Hibees as possible. Keeps the feel good factor going and keeps the connection between club and fans strong.

They might have filled it.

flash
14-08-2016, 10:32 AM

Ahm pure ragin like.

snooky
14-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Ahm pure ragin like.

Storm in a S cup

Highland_Hibee
14-08-2016, 11:26 AM

Yeah screw paying for professionally taken photographs on momentous occasions. Just get Aunty Doris with her shakey hand to take them all with the second hand iPhone she can't work properly.

sleeping giant
14-08-2016, 11:29 AM
Great stuff.

The fact we can do these things is brilliant.

Who at Hibs decided to bring it in ?

Betty Boop
14-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Was in the Hibs club last night when a wee visitor came in. The Scottish Cup. Classy act from Hibs. Got a great pic with the Mrs with the cup. Magic.

Were you allowed to touch it ? We should know.

CallumLaidlaw
14-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Great stuff.

The fact we can do these things is brilliant.

Who at Hibs decided to bring it in ?

I believe it was Leeann and Frank that took it in.

Jack Hackett
14-08-2016, 12:44 PM

She only came to us because she's a glory hunter....happy we could oblige Leeann :greengrin

Topographic Hibby
14-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Precisely the sort of community thing we should be doing. Next stop the pubs on ER and Leith Walk after a win. Then the schools around Leith when they are back, along with a ST prize of something to encourage more attendees. Engage with the community and people around you and they will engage with the club.

Well done LD & Frank.

Oh, and sort the pies and tannoys....

Wee Effen Bee
14-08-2016, 12:54 PM
Precisely the sort of community thing we should be doing. Next stop the pubs on ER and Leith Walk after a win. Then the schools around Leith when they are back, along with a ST prize of something to encourage more attendees. Engage with the community and people around you and they will engage with the club.

Well done LD & Frank.

Oh, and sort the pies and tannoys....

Hopefully not just Leith, but all over the city and the Lothians. :agree:

therealgavmac
14-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Hopefully not just Leith, but all over the city and the Lothians. :agree:

Will somebody please ask the club if they can bring it down to South Wales so I can get a pic with it :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Will somebody please ask the club if they can bring it down to South Wales so I can get a pic with it :greengrin

Maybe if we get to the stage in the B&Q cup when the Welsh teams enter?

therealgavmac
14-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Maybe if we get to the stage in the B&Q cup when the Welsh teams enter?

Hope we draw Carmarthen Town then :aok:

southsider
14-08-2016, 01:27 PM
Were you allowed to touch it ? We should know.
Yip. Everyone who wanted got a pic. Down to Boots this am and got phone pic printed into 250 x 200 pics. Got 2 & silver frames. One for us and one for my Ma. She will love it.

PISTOL1875
14-08-2016, 01:44 PM
Once the schools are back , HIbs should be getting the trophy around EVERY school in Edinburgh and perhaps slightly further afield along with free tickets for the kids to the next home match we have... Plenty of seats will be sitting empty in the South Stand next season..

The easiest marketing scheme you'll ever see.. Only HIbs could muck this one up...

Hopefully Amit , Leeann or Frank read this and put the plan into operation....

lord bunberry
14-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Once the schools are back , HIbs should be getting the trophy around EVERY school in Edinburgh and perhaps slightly further afield along with free tickets for the kids to the next home match we have... Plenty of seats will be sitting empty in the South Stand next season..

The easiest marketing scheme you'll ever see.. Only HIbs could muck this one up...

Hopefully Amit , Leeann or Frank read this and put the plan into operation....
Did hearts not turn up at schools and charge the kids £10 for a photo?

PISTOL1875
14-08-2016, 02:29 PM

Not sure mate.. if they did , then its the thing that a club like that would do...

sleeping giant
14-08-2016, 02:36 PM

Super stuff .
It must have been a great surprise for the folk who were just in for a pint.
The Scottish Cup eh :greengrin:

southsider
14-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Was a brilliant surprise & I,for one, was overjoyed. Still lots of kids in the club and they got their pics first. The look of utter joy on their faces was unforgettable.

Nameless
14-08-2016, 03:41 PM
At the hibs summer camp at meadowbank, the coaches brought the cup in on the Friday to take some pics with the kids - I got some too, well pleased.

snooky
14-08-2016, 03:50 PM
Go round the primary schools with it. This is how you hook the kids at an early age and stop them drifting to the dark side.

We should be using the cup for max PR effect while we have it.

jax67
14-08-2016, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=CallumLaidlaw;4792049]I paid for a photo, but have no issue with the cup being taken out to see as many Hibees as possible. Keeps the feel good factor going and keeps the connection between club and fans strong.[/QUOTE

Yep, happy with that.🏆👍

Yuillsy
14-08-2016, 03:57 PM
It was brilliant a nice wee bonus to the end of the day. I paid the £15 for the official pic but wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to get another 1 with my daughters yesterday.
I was speaking to someone in the club yesterday who said the cup will be going to as many schools as possible over the next few months.

Amit
16-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Hi all,

It was nice to surprise folk with the Cup and good that everyone in there had a chance to get their hands on it. Here's a pic I took..

https://twitter.com/amitmoudgil_/status/764513717413437440

There are already plans in place to take the trophy round a number of places including schools [emoji1417]

Also in attendance from the Club were Greig Mailer (Head of Commercial Operations and Marketing) and Laura Montgomery (Head of Special Projects).

GGTTH

Amit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marinello59
16-08-2016, 05:58 PM
That's brilliant. :thumbsup:

hibs0666
16-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Hi all,

It was nice to surprise folk with the Cup and good that everyone in there had a chance to get their hands on it. Here's a pic I took..

There are already plans in place to take the trophy round a number of places including schools [emoji1417]

Also in attendance from the Club were Greig Mailer (Head of Commercial Operations and Marketing) and Laura Montgomery (Head of Special Projects).

GGTTH

Amit

Amit - can you ask Laura if there is any chance of her bringing that bad boy over to the Orchard Park one night? She'll know what I mean. :wink:

Seriously, it would be a great boost to the Weegie Hibbies if it made its way over - would be great to build a bit of an event around it. I'm sure the same could be said if the Cup were to find its way to the Hibs Massive in other parts of the country too.

ancient hibee
16-08-2016, 06:03 PM
Yeah screw paying for professionally taken photographs on momentous occasions. Just get Aunty Doris with her shakey hand to take them all with the second hand iPhone she can't work properly.
Very sexist and ageist.Far more likely to be some spotty wee scrote with his thumb over the lens:greengrin

Amit
16-08-2016, 06:15 PM
Amit - can you ask Laura if there is any chance of her bringing that bad boy over to the Orchard Park one night? She'll know what I mean. :wink:

Seriously, it would be a great boost to the Weegie Hibbies if it made its way over - would be great to build a bit of an event around it. I'm sure the same could be said if the Cup were to find its way to the Hibs Massive in other parts of the country too.

I'll look into this for you. Can you email me (AMoudgil@hibernianfc.co.uk) so I don't forget!

GGTTH

hibs0666
16-08-2016, 06:33 PM
I'll look into this for you. Can you email me (AMoudgil@hibernianfc.co.uk) so I don't forget!

GGTTH

Will indeed - cheers Amit!

Swedish hibee
16-08-2016, 06:46 PM

...Also ask if they'll bring it over to Sweden too!!!

My Swedish team plays against Nikolas Gunnarson's team this weekend so gonna wait around after the game for a photo with the man. He's touched it, so that's as close to it I'll get me thinks!

GlasgowHibee
16-08-2016, 06:55 PM

That in Giffnock? I think I could just be tempted to make the long 3 minute walk there. :cb :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
16-08-2016, 07:00 PM

I'll get over it

FranckSuzy
16-08-2016, 07:03 PM
There was a brilliant atmosphere in the Club on Saturday night when the Scottish Cup made an appearance. Well done to Hibs and the HSA for arranging it :aok:

Bishop Hibee
16-08-2016, 07:29 PM
Hi all,

GGTTH

Amit

Good stuff. I got a picture of myself with the League Cup when it visited my workplace in 2007. Looking forward to the double :flag:

hibs0666
16-08-2016, 07:30 PM
That in Giffnock? I think I could just be tempted to make the long 3 minute walk there. :cb :wink:

The very same, although I'm miles further than you seeing as it is a 6 minute walk. :wink:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-08-2016, 07:35 PM

:agree: Cash only.......

ian cruise
16-08-2016, 07:38 PM
The very same, although I'm miles further than you seeing as it is a 6 minute walk. :wink:

I knew there was a reason I was looking at houses on Giffnock, sounds like a place with impeccable taste....