PDA

View Full Version : Queen of the south and Raith

Finn2015
14-08-2016, 06:49 AM
Interesting that before the season started, Dundee United and Falkirk were obviously identified as our chief rivals but so far they have struggled and the likes of Raith and Queens have looked impressive. Of course, early days and things may soon go as most forecasted but a lot of decent teams in this league that will take points off each other

HH81
14-08-2016, 07:57 AM
Still early days yet but I actually liked the fact we ground out a win yesterday. One game at a time for all teams and I expect Falkirk and Dundee United to find some form. If we keep winning and teams take points off each other we know where we end up.

Under Stubbs that would have finished 1-1.

Big L
14-08-2016, 08:02 AM
The next 4 weeks will be intesting as Raith, Falkirk, Dun Utd and Morton all play each other. Is that sk''k Skacel getting a game?

Finn2015
14-08-2016, 09:15 AM
Morton to seem a well organised outfit although they will be kicking themselves. 2 draws where they have conceded very late levellers. They could easily be on 6 points

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 10:08 AM
I still expect Dundee Utd and Falkirk to be our nearest challengers so to have a lead of 5 points over both of them at this early stage is good.

Onion
14-08-2016, 12:35 PM
QOS and Raith will end mid table. DUFC and Falkirk will be our biggest competition, so a 5 point gap even this early in the season puts them both under big pressure to start winning games now.

MWHIBBIES
14-08-2016, 12:44 PM
Still early days yet but I actually liked the fact we ground out a win yesterday. One game at a time for all teams and I expect Falkirk and Dundee United to find some form. If we keep winning and teams take points off each other we know where we end up.

Under Stubbs that would have finished 1-1.In his first season maybe. We ground out plenty of wins at home last season.

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2016, 12:45 PM
interesting fixtures next week while we are at st.mirren

Q.o.s. v Falkirk
Raith v Dunfy

Nameless
14-08-2016, 03:50 PM
The Fife derbies are always decent, and I expect Raith to win that one. Queens and Falkirk is a tricky one, but I fancy Falkirk to win.

eastcoasthibby
14-08-2016, 04:44 PM
I watched Raith v Alloa at home a few weeks ago and Alloa turned them over pretty easily, main reason being the 2 front players hounding there defenders all game and also Goodwin playing a solid sitting role in their mid field not letting them play ...We need to get at them in the last third of the park quickly, that I suppose is the way we need to do it with all teams. I suppose what I am saying is that I am very surprised at their first 2,league results !!

Highland_Hibee
14-08-2016, 04:47 PM
In his first season maybe. We ground out plenty of wins at home last season.

Agreed. Foolish to suggest otherwise. We won many games by a 1 goal margin last season.