PDA

View Full Version : Ref today

matty_f
13-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Whisper it, but I thought he had a decent game. Never really had many contentious decisions to make, thought he tried to play advantage where he could, and my only real gripe was the yellow for Boyle, and not because he shouldn't have got it, but because a Dunfermline player did similar in the first half and didn't even get spoken to.

Danderhall Hibs
13-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Whisper it, but I thought he had a decent game. Never really had many contentious decisions to make, thought he tried to play advantage where he could, and my only real gripe was the yellow for Boyle, and not because he shouldn't have got it, but because a Dunfermline player did similar in the first half and didn't even get spoken to.

Bartley's yellow seemed harsh as well.

Didn't Boyle throw the ball away?

Stevie Reid
13-08-2016, 07:43 PM

Agree Matty. Made a few strange calls, but that seems to be the norm in many of our games.

Thought Bartley's booking was a joke - even in the modern game, it was harsh to give a foul, never mind book him.

Sir David Gray
13-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Bartley's yellow card was a disgraceful decision.

Barely a foul.

Other than that, he was ok.

greenlex
13-08-2016, 07:47 PM
I agree Matty but to counter Boyles yellow McGregor was on a yellow when he should probably have recieved another. I think Collum realised as he went to him and only spoke to him. I also thought Higginarse should have got a straight red for the second challenge. There was also a studs up challenge in the second half he let go without even a word. Other than that decent enough. :greengrin

matty_f
13-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Bartley's yellow seemed harsh as well.

Didn't Boyle throw the ball away?

Bartley's yellow was a joke, forgot about that. Boyle just clicked the ball back a bit, wasn't what I'd describe as throwing it away.

Regardless, I am not that bothered about the booking, more the fact that a Dunfermline player did the same thing first half but didn't get spoken to.

Ell_Chrisso
13-08-2016, 08:01 PM
Was right in front of the challenge Bartley made. If that's not a great tackle in football I don't know what is now.

Danderhall Hibs
13-08-2016, 08:03 PM
Bartley's yellow was a joke, forgot about that. Boyle just clicked the ball back a bit, wasn't what I'd describe as throwing it away.

Regardless, I am not that bothered about the booking, more the fact that a Dunfermline player did the same thing first half but didn't get spoken to.

I wasn't sure what Boyle had done - when I looked up I just saw the ball rolling away so assumed he'd kicked it away.

I thought he was going to give Baryley a 2nd yellow at one point but turned out he was just reaching for his vanishing spray.

Bishop Hibee
13-08-2016, 08:06 PM
The Bartley booking was ridiculous. Also they seemed to take turns fouling McGinn and nothing was done.

Famous Fiver
13-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Collum was rotten

Higginbotham should have had two bookings first half and two reds in the second half.

They regularly stole 10/15 yards at free kicks.

McGinn got kicked up in the air.

Bartley booked for first challenge.

Time wasting went unchallenged.

Need I go on?

J-C
13-08-2016, 08:25 PM
Was right in front of the challenge Bartley made. If that's not a great tackle in football I don't know what is now.

Yep same here, I was about 15 yds away from it, perfectly timed slide tackle.

Smartie
13-08-2016, 08:31 PM
The Bartley booking was a poor decision but other than that I thought he did quite well.

He did a weird thing where he started pointing everywhere as play continued during the second half that made me chuckle.

I still maintain that the Spaniard who refereed our home European game put in the worst performance I've seen in years - possibly only beaten by the infamous Freeland performance.

Weststandwanab
13-08-2016, 08:34 PM
Excuse my French but he was the usual Colin Nish. Apologies to the reel Mr. NISH.

JohnM1875
13-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Collum was rotten

Higginbotham should have had two bookings first half and two reds in the second half.

They regularly stole 10/15 yards at free kicks.

McGinn got kicked up in the air.

Bartley booked for first challenge.

Time wasting went unchallenged.

Need I go on?

Totally agree. Thought the ref had a stinker. For consistency if nothing else. If Bartley's was a booking then Higginbotham had to be sent off.

brianmc
13-08-2016, 08:47 PM
At the risk of being branded a troll....
Does anyone on here (apart from me) regularly read up on the Laws of the Game?
Bartley launched himself, studs up, straight legged AT THE BALL - which he won, before his momentum carried him into the Pars player who he ended up kicking upside down.
When I was a lad during the early/mid 80's this was considered to be the perfect tackle. But..... But, times have long since changed. Rightly or wrongly can be argued elsewhere but in the meantime here's a definition of what is considered a yellow card offence by those setting the rules

"Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned"

In other words, clattering right through him - disnae matter if you win the ball or not.

Sir David Gray
13-08-2016, 08:49 PM
Bartley launched himself, studs up, straight legged AT THE BALL - which he won, before his momentum carried him into the Pars player who he ended up kicking upside down.
When I was a lad during the early/mid 80's this was considered to be the perfect tackle. But..... But, times have long since changed. Rightly or wrongly can be argued elsewhere but in the meantime here's a definition of what is considered a yellow card offence by those setting the rules

"Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned"

In other words, clattering right through him - disnae matter if you win the ball or not.

Bartley's tackle that got him a booking, wasn't a foul.

Football's a contact sport.

Famous Fiver
13-08-2016, 08:51 PM
So why was Higginbotham not off before half time?

I'll tell you why. Collum is a duff referee!!!

Smartie

It's still a contact sport.

Bartley's tackle won the ball and it was certainly firm but imo fair.

The force used wasn't excessive and the tackle wasn't dangerous.

Argylehibby

Sorry Matty, he's the worst ref in Scotland and proved it again today.

brianmc
13-08-2016, 08:53 PM
So why was Higginbotham not off before half time?

I'll tell you why. Collum is a duff referee!!!

Agree, several wrongs don't make a right.

CallumLaidlaw
13-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Pars fans on their forum reckon they should have had a penalty for pulling at a corner. I can't even think when they mean

brianmc
13-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Bartley's tackle that got him a booking, wasn't a foul.

Football's a contact sport.

Excessive force = booking, regardless of whether you win the ball.
It's not how I like to see the game played(I'm all for the traditional Scottish blood n snotters fitba) . But the people that make the rules, and their robotic little men who implement them, ie Willie Collum DO see it that way. Which I agree is ****** annoying but that's a FIFA/uefa issue.

Where it really pisses he off is that a "robust" tackle like Bartley's is judged to be a booking whereas a standard foul is just a free kick!

*The above in no way excuses there nippy wee dunfermline no17 getting away with 4 or 5 yellow card offences and still managing to finish the game!

O'Rourke3
13-08-2016, 09:08 PM

Thought it was both fair and good. In line in the west and his leg was straight. Don't believe he followed through . Bad booking. Collum pointed all around the ground to SJM but somehow allowed Hawkeye to consistently foul all over the pitch. Collum looked like he was trying to keep advantage but generally gave the resultant free kick to the wrong team.
The law may deem a straight leg a booking but not every straight leg gets booked. Meanwhile someone like McGinn is constantly hacked at with very little punishment.

JohnM1875
13-08-2016, 09:14 PM
Pars fans on their forum reckon they should have had a penalty for pulling at a corner. I can't even think when they mean

Aye, I heard them shouting for it and couldn't understand why. Be interesting to see the highlights. Probably identical to the one we had on Jase, which, in my opinion would have been soft.

hibbysam
13-08-2016, 09:15 PM

What annoyed me with this is there big Centre half, four corners in a row rugby tackled Paul Hanlon, then on the fifth one the ball got cleared and WC went to their captain and told him that was the last warning and clearly pointed to the penalty spot to say "Next one will be a penalty"... The first one should be a penalty which would stop it in its tracks.

The other thing that annoys me is when a referee stops a corner to warn players... Let it go and if a player fouls its a foul like any other time in the game... You shouldn't be stopping the game to warn players of things they are well aware of.