PDA

View Full Version : Foul near full time whistle - 21/5/16

tanfield
13-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Not seen any comments on it so if there has been, my apologies.

Every time I watch replays of the final I wonder why the ref gave the free kick in Hibs favour.

Seems a clear foul by Dylan and it can't have been offside as just over the half way line. Obviously there was an infringement by one of them but I don't know what.

Anyone shed light on this?

IvanSproule
13-08-2016, 06:27 PM
gave it for a high foot

O'Rourke3
13-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Halliday actually gets (rightly) booked. Looks like he has a high stamp. Didn't see it at the time but was celebrating getting the free kick knowing the ball would be in their half and not ours. Just kept watching the ref until Hendo went nuts at which point I knew the ref had blown for time.

Heisenberg
13-08-2016, 06:28 PM

Every time I watch replays of the final I wonder why the ref gave the free kick in Hibs favour.

Seems a clear foul by Dylan and it can't have been offside as just over the half way line. Obviously there was an infringement by one of them but I don't know what.

Thought it was for a high foot after re watching the highlights 7000 times. Had no clue at the game and the moment I'd realised the ref had actually given it to us I began to believe it was finally our day. Pure joy.

johnbc70
13-08-2016, 06:29 PM

Same as me, still can't quite believe he gave it our way. But as above I think it was high foot but due to camera angles it was never caught by the TV.

Pete
13-08-2016, 06:30 PM
My heart sank when he blew as I thought that Rangers were going to get one last chance and...

Took me by surprise when he gave it to us and that's when I knew.

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-08-2016, 11:27 PM
Never celebrated winning a free kick more. That's when I knew [emoji126]