PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeouch

JJP
13-08-2016, 06:16 PM
He changed the game when he came on IMO. We are a way better team when he is involved.

Big L
13-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Agree! Better still when Fyvie gets back.

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2016, 06:20 PM
Him, Fyvie and McGinn is the 2nd best midfield in Scotland, very excited to get them back together.

Baw187
13-08-2016, 06:21 PM
It was 50% Dylan and 50% moving to 4-4-2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NikGunnarsson
13-08-2016, 06:22 PM
He is truly a classy footballer, the person that makes the difference in the team so noticeable when he is not there how much we need him to make us tick

JAY-ESS GREEN
13-08-2016, 06:23 PM
Him, Fyvie and McGinn is the 2nd best midfield in Scotland, very excited to get them back together.

When's fyvie expected to return

wookie70
13-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Wrap him in cotton wool till next week. AT least we only have one game to play a week so lots of rest built into our programme at the start

mjhibby
13-08-2016, 06:26 PM
He is truly a classy footballer, the person that makes the difference in the team so noticeable when he is not there how much we need him to make us tick

Been saying this for yonks. Keep him wrapped in cotton wool. If he can play for 70-80% of our league games we will win the league probably by a good few points. Brings out the best in mcginn and Boyle.

Stevie Reid
13-08-2016, 06:27 PM
Whenever he is in possession you just get the feeling that everything will be alright. Is never dispossessed, nor does he ever give the ball away.

Pretty Boy
13-08-2016, 06:29 PM
He's our key man. We need to find a way to keep him fit.

Green forever
13-08-2016, 06:31 PM

He came into hospitality today and said he hopes to be involved next week.

Eyrie
13-08-2016, 07:10 PM
McGeouch gave us some composure and drive when he came on. He also improved the defence indirectly because Bartley could concentrate on shielding the defence instead of looking slow and clueless.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Been saying this for yonks. Keep him wrapped in cotton wool. If he can play for 70-80% of our league games we will win the league probably by a good few points. Brings out the best in mcginn and Boyle.

It's good to see the laddie get the credit he deserves. If he was 100% every week I doubt he would be here.

Bring him on for 30 / 40 mins a game till we know for sure he'll hold up.

Hibeewilly
13-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Dylan McGeouch when fit would be the first name on the team sheet for me every week. A truly class act. As an earlier poster said if he didn't have a fitness problem he would be playing at much higher level. He seems to have ages on the ball every time he receives it and that's one sign of a right good player :not worth

Famous Fiver
13-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Sheer class and will be a target for the hammer throwers. We need better refs than that twerp today otherwise he is going to take some dull ones.

Watching him and McGinn is a pleasure.

And What about 'When the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup, I WAS THERE!' ? Had me welling up.

Ronniekirk
13-08-2016, 07:37 PM
He came into hospitality today and said he hopes to be involved next week.

Back involved in Training next week Migjt make bench jst like Dylan did today

Ozyhibby
13-08-2016, 07:38 PM
He controls the tempo and Rhythm of a game in a way that few Scottish players can. Keeping him fit is crucial for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
13-08-2016, 07:39 PM
He's our best player in my opinion.

Classy footballer.

It was obvious how much of a difference he made when he came on.

HiBremian
13-08-2016, 08:35 PM
Dylan's passing gets team mates moving forward on to the ball. A shame that the rest of the team seem to love passes that force the receiver to turn back on themselves. Made all the difference to our movement when he came on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
13-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Agree with everybody ... we are so much more dynamic when Dylan is on the pitch, he always tries to drive the team forward, super wee player.

Boyle89
13-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Sometimes you look at a player and think yes. That's what I think whenever I see Dylan. He's just so composed on the ball. That pass for Boyle was sublime. He controlled the game at 2-1 and helped us kill time just by moving the ball about. Him and mcginn in the middle is just a dream. I'm so happy we have him.

Smartie
13-08-2016, 08:47 PM

Classy footballer.

I agree.

I just wish he could be fit more often.

Highland_Hibee
13-08-2016, 08:52 PM
I was guilty of not rating McGeough high enough but I was happily proven wrong again today. We instantly looked better when he was on and he played a crucial pass in their mix up at the back. As always Boyle looked dangerous coming on too. We weren't great but if we have players who can win us games when we are poor then we will be back in the SPFL before long.

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-08-2016, 10:50 PM

Classy footballer.

He is absolutely our best player. Only Super John is close to him when Dylan is fully fit and on song.

Finn2015
13-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Huge difference when he came on today and we looked like we had more movement and energy going forward as a result. Hope he can have a good injury free run

Kiddo
14-08-2016, 04:25 AM
It's not even close with who's our best player, Dylan is miles ahead of every player in our squad, he makes everyone else play better. McGinn looked back to himself when Dylan came on

Shearer
14-08-2016, 07:10 AM
Best player in the championship IMO

Jones28
14-08-2016, 07:14 AM
He is the difference between the first part of the second half where we looked dreadful and the second where we looked much more like the kind of team we know we can be.

Alex Trager
14-08-2016, 09:03 AM
Sheer class and will be a target for the hammer throwers. We need better refs than that twerp today otherwise he is going to take some dull ones.

Watching him and McGinn is a pleasure.

And What about 'When the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup, I WAS THERE!' ? Had me welling up.

What do you mean? With the last point?

Also fwiw I think Boyle made a significant difference when he came on too.

Winston Ingram
14-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Although McGeouch did play well, the switch from a 5 at the back was the main reason we improved

lucky
14-08-2016, 09:07 AM
McGinn is our best player by a mile. DM is a good player but he's no use in the stand. Unless his injuries clear up and he can play most weeks I would get rid of him next summer. No point having one of your top earners only playing 20 odd games a season.

IncredibleHibee
14-08-2016, 09:11 AM
I honestly believe the only reason Celtic let him go is because he seems to be injury prone. Top class player. In my opinion even better than Super JM.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-08-2016, 09:17 AM
I honestly believe the only reason Celtic let him go is because he seems to be injury prone. Top class player. In my opinion even better than Super JM.

A lot of truth in this. If Dylan lasted 90 minutes and played to the top of his game week in and week out then arguably he would be playing at a higher level. It is up to the management to get the best out of him.

Col_0762
14-08-2016, 09:17 AM
McGinn is our best player by a mile. DM is a good player but he's no use in the stand. Unless his injuries clear up and he can play most weeks I would get rid of him next summer. No point having one of your top earners only playing 20 odd games a season.

I would disagree slightly and say DM is our best player. I rate JM as highly but when DM plays, JM plays better as we're not reliant on him alone. DM has a bit of drive, can pick a pass (ball to Boyle today at goal was gorgeous lol), works back and does a lot of work off the ball, this lets JM concentrate on creating and gives him a bit more freedom. Both are fabulous when on song though and we play best with both.

As has been mentioned above, our biggest threat at the moment is 352 and a manager who appears hell bent on playing that way.

lucky
14-08-2016, 09:32 AM
If DM is so good why has he never been picked for Scotland or linked with moves away from ER? For me the answer is he is not consistent or on the pitch enough. I like him and he contributes (when fit) but McGinn plays virtually every week to a high standard. DM needs to stay fit as I keep saying there is no point in being the best player in the stand

King conrad
14-08-2016, 09:41 AM
great player for us and never gets mentioned in the papers but every hibs fan knows how good he is.
Dylan actually reminds me of Xavi the way he plays{don't laugh},his 360 degree turns keeping his body between player and ball and
never forces a pass , never gives the ball away and being small he is very Xavi like.

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 10:00 AM

Being affected by injury doesn't mean he can't be our best player.

When McGeouch plays, he's our best player in my opinion.

The_Horde
14-08-2016, 10:01 AM
If DM is so good why has he never been picked for Scotland or linked with moves away from ER? For me the answer is he is not consistent or on the pitch enough. I like him and he contributes (when fit) but McGinn plays virtually every week to a high standard. DM needs to stay fit as I keep saying there is no point in being the best player in the stand

Take out Dylan and put in Hanlon and it's the same uneducated nonsense response that we've had on so many Hanlon threads. "If he's so good why doesn't anyone else want him?"

Who knows nobody does? If he was available I'd bet my house we'd have clubs lining up for him. See Hanlon to Aberdeen for confirmation on that one.

Maybe hibs have a bigger pull than people seem to realise and there's not much higher in this country outwith the uglies?

Finn2015
14-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Take out Dylan and put in Hanlon and it's the same uneducated nonsense response that we've had on so many Hanlon threads. "If he's so good why doesn't anyone else want him?"

Who knows nobody does? If he was available I'd bet my house we'd have clubs lining up for him. See Hanlon to Aberdeen for confirmation on that one.

Maybe hibs have a bigger pull than people seem to realise and there's not much higher in this country outwith the uglies?

Great post 👍

Heisenberg
14-08-2016, 10:58 AM
McGeough and to a lesser extent Fyvie are massive for us. McGeough can be our best player by a mile but as said above he is useless being injured in the stands. Hopefully we see him consistently playing 90 minutes this season, although i doubt it'll happen.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-08-2016, 11:05 AM

Spot on

Depending on the game Fyvie can switch with Bartley. But Dylan and Mcginn are starters every week when fit!

Class player I just hope he can get a season behind him

My_Wife_Camille
14-08-2016, 11:08 AM
He's the best player at the club.

Mibbes Aye
14-08-2016, 02:15 PM

The way we play DM is very much a case of putting a team around him to complement what he brings, he's that sort of player. If he stays fit and shows well when we finally go back up then he will get broader recognition.

great player for us and never gets mentioned in the papers but every hibs fan knows how good he is.
Dylan actually reminds me of Xavi the way he plays{don't laugh},his 360 degree turns keeping his body between player and ball and
never forces a pass , never gives the ball away and being small he is very Xavi like.

I've posted before that he offers something we don't value in our domestic game. Technically, he's miles ahead of most. Players like Xavi and Iniesta are obviously at a much higher level, but you get the impression that if they had started at Hibs they would be looked down upon by some because they didn't drop the shoulder and dribble past a defender.

Lancs Harp
14-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Dylan was our motm despite his limited time on the pitch. His introduction and switching to 4-4-2 won us the game.

John McGinn is always more effective when Dylan is on the pitch.

Yesterday early on we got overrun in the centre of midfield. We had Bartley great when we haven't got the ball but not so good when we have and Super John the total opposite great with the ball not so good without it.

Dylan and the change to 4-4-2 made us a far better balanced team.

Need to cut the ****wittery out at the back though. The usual dependable Paul Hanlon what were you doing for that goal?

Delboy4
14-08-2016, 04:25 PM

Told me 10 days before he would be back at the QOS game so probably ready for 2nd league game

MWHIBBIES
14-08-2016, 04:51 PM
Spot on

Depending on the game Fyvie can switch with Bartley. But Dylan and Mcginn are starters every week when fit!

Class player I just hope he can get a season behind himNo game this season would I have Bartley over Fyvie tbh. Fyvie offers far more all round.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-08-2016, 05:09 PM
No game this season would I have Bartley over Fyvie tbh. Fyvie offers far more all round.

I think there will be games where we need that Bartley bite in the middle of the park. I'm particlar thinking of games against Falkirk,Raith (as cocke will treat this as a mini derby) and maybe Dundee United.

I agree Fyvie does offer more overall but it's a squad game and a long hard season so would freshen the middle of the park up every so often

ancient hibee
14-08-2016, 06:19 PM
The way we play DM is very much a case of putting a team around him to complement what he brings, he's that sort of player. If he stays fit and shows well when we finally go back up then he will get broader recognition.

I've posted before that he offers something we don't value in our domestic game. Technically, he's miles ahead of most. Players like Xavi and Iniesta are obviously at a much higher level, but you get the impression that if they had started at Hibs they would be looked down upon by some because they didn't drop the shoulder and dribble past a defender.

How can you build a team around someone who can't be relied upon to be on the park or to stay on it for 90 minutes when he is?

Famous Fiver
14-08-2016, 07:12 PM
Alex Trager

Keep up.

Hibs fans have been waiting 114 years to sing that little ditty.

Touched my heartstrings something special when it was sung. Are you a Jambo?

Finn2015
14-08-2016, 10:49 PM
No game this season would I have Bartley over Fyvie tbh. Fyvie offers far more all round.

Definitely. I like big Marvin but Fyvie is classier and offers a lot more

JimBHibees
15-08-2016, 07:37 AM

Quite simply injuries. Quality is not in question.

Ronniekirk
15-08-2016, 07:49 AM
Dont think he can be rushed back to play 90 monutes We make that mistake too often and he then breaks down again
Give him more game time against St Mirren and rade him back in and see if that makes a difference
Fyvie should be able to come off the bench as well v St Mirren
Hopefully Shinnie could be signed up as well

Viva_Palmeiras
15-08-2016, 08:04 AM
"If he's so good why doesn't anyone else want him?"

One of the most pointless phrases on this forum. Adds little. I don't think I've ever heard a Hibby mention that in person (maybe it's just me) so I put it down to cyber-babble.

Finn2015
15-08-2016, 08:26 AM
One of the most pointless phrases on this forum. Adds little. I don't think I've ever heard a Hibby mention that in person (maybe it's just me) so I put it down to cyber-babble.

True. I don't think anyone is after Messi at the minute as he is content at Barcelona so he must be average to then