PDA

View Full Version : Higginbotham

madhatter
13-08-2016, 06:10 PM
How was he not sent off? 2 two-footed lunges right in front of dugouts. Got away with first one without anything, not even a word and 2nd he was booked. Both could and should easily have been red. No attempt to win the ball in either.

Real Emerald
13-08-2016, 06:12 PM
How was he not sent off? 2 two-footed lunges right in front of dugouts. Got away with first one without anything, not even a word and 2nd he was booked. Both could and should easily have been red. No attempt to win the ball in either.

He had a really good game but agree with you on the tackle.

lugz
13-08-2016, 06:15 PM
Should've been sent off for that hairdo. Did have a good game for them.

oldbutdim
13-08-2016, 06:16 PM

Worth a yellow card at the very least.

I'd be happy to sort his Mohican with my baseball bat.

Golden Bear
13-08-2016, 06:17 PM

Thought he was their best player be a country mile. The guy has both pace and ability not mention a "competitive " streak inside him. A great player to have in your team in other words.

madhatter
13-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Thought he was their best player be a country mile. The guy has both pace and ability not mention a "competitive " streak inside him. A great player to have in your team in other words.

Doesnt excuse 2 shocking tackles. I also think he is mince. The type of player that likes to dish it out but dives at the slightest touch.

Hairdo speaks volumes, enough said.

ClewsHibs
13-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Thought their Right Back had a great game for the most part

Stevie Reid
13-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Thought their right back looked impressive.

Eyrie
13-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Higginbotham had a very good game for them, although it was marred by some cynical challenges before he finally received his overdue booking.

HibeeLR
13-08-2016, 07:10 PM

I agree, he had a good game.

coco22
13-08-2016, 07:13 PM
He lost the rag in the first half when Keats laughed at him and refused to give him the ball. Terrible tackle in the 2nd half. Had to be half-decent player to even contemplate taking to the pitch with that haircut, will get an extra few bruises for that alone this season

Ozyhibby
13-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Good player though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coco22
13-08-2016, 07:14 PM

Some would say Lewis allowed him to look good (not me). Just returned after a broken leg last season.

KNBE
13-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Ryan Williamson? Thought he was good against us in the friendly at East End Park last season too.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

RoscoHibby
13-08-2016, 07:27 PM
It's weird how people see things differently. I thought he found himself with the ball in great positions quite a number of times today and done absolute hee haw with it. He can just go n fluck right off with that haircut as well.

Thought Cardle was there best player today, assist for the goal was sublime it has to be said, if not really deserved over the whole 90 IMO.

Still, all about the 3pts this season. Onwards n upwards.

GGTTH

Smartie
13-08-2016, 07:36 PM
They had some very good players today (mostly the ones mentioned above) but I thought they had a few who just seemed to be filling jerseys.

A couple of additions and they could be an excellent side.

Murdoch's to come back in goal for them too, and he saves them a good few points.

Famous Fiver
13-08-2016, 08:32 PM
As I said on another thread Eric Schaedler would have had him up in the stand beside me before half time.

Weststandwanab
13-08-2016, 08:36 PM
Their Right back was right on the number.

dmc1875
13-08-2016, 09:19 PM
Higgenbothams a good player

Billy Whizz
13-08-2016, 09:21 PM
Ryan Williamson? Thought he was good against us in the friendly at East End Park last season too.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

We were interested in him a couple of years ago, before he broke his leg

Twiglet
13-08-2016, 09:23 PM

This is what his hairdo reminded me of.

http://www.johnlewis.com/leifheit-duster-extra-large/p231572581?sku=231572581&s_kwcid=2dx92700012713008997&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclid=CMCnrrmpv84CFdOTGQodL0oA0A&gclsrc=ds

monktonharp
13-08-2016, 09:51 PM
Worth a yellow card at the very least.

I'd be happy to sort his Mohican with my baseball bat.he did look rather Riordanesque, however his free kicks and general play were never Riordanesque. I thought he was lucky to stay on the park!

Golden Bear
13-08-2016, 09:58 PM
As a near baldy, I really couldn't care a monkeys tosser about the guys hairstyle but I did think he was a good football player. However that may be of secondary importance these days.

Keyser Sauzee
13-08-2016, 10:22 PM
Average player hence why he's bounced between Killie and Partick before dropping down to Dunfermline, thinks he's a lot better than he is. Their right back was their best player today or McCabe

monktonharp
13-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Average player hence why he's bounced between Killie and Partick before dropping down to Dunfermline, thinks he's a lot better than he is. Their right back was their best player today or McCabeI knew I'd seen his name somewhere. was he not the guy that did the damage against us at Firhill in a midweek game about 3 years ago?was defo the Pars main threat today though.divin' cant though

SteveHFC
13-08-2016, 10:53 PM
Higgenbothams a good player

Surprised we've not went for him tbh in recent seasons.

LustForLeith
14-08-2016, 06:05 AM

:agree:

In the first half he he the ball with the outside of his foot and found a team mate on the opposite side of the pitch which impressed me especially when some of our players seemed to struggle to find a teammate feet away.

I think they'll be few like him playing against Hibs this season, players who raise their game knowing they've got a great chance to make a name for themselves.

GreenOnions
14-08-2016, 09:08 AM
I thought Dunfermline showed signs that they might do quite well this season. They tried to play football along the ground and their midfield with Higginbotham, McCabe and Cardle will probably be better than most in this league. They look as if they'll probably concede a fair few though as their defence sčems poor. They'll probably be good to watch though.

JDHibs
14-08-2016, 09:35 AM
Thought the Pars were murder bar a few decent bits of play. Too quick to punt it. Few decent players, will be mid table/lower play offs if they keep cardle, higgingbothem and Reilly fit.

And to be fair, Bartley was very lucky to still be on the park

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The_Horde
14-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Decent on the ball but left them well exposed at the back on the left side more than once.