PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

lugz
13-08-2016, 04:28 PM
Took my 3yr old daughter to the game today for her first game, not going to lie it was pretty hard work. She got a fright and started crying both times we scored.

I wasn't sure on what to take to keep her occupied, my phone wasn't enough.

What do others do to keep young children occupied/interested?

We have STs and I'd hope to take her most weeks and get her into the hibs.

hibee_girl
13-08-2016, 04:31 PM
Food, when my son used to come I'd take a small rucksack full of snacks for him. Plus small figure toys that he liked to play with to keep entertained.

lord bunberry
13-08-2016, 04:31 PM
Took my 3yr old daughter to the game today for her first game, not going to lie it was pretty hard work. She got a fright and started crying both times we scored.

Sweeties, crisps and juice. Followed by a half time pizza. If that doesn't work promise a trip to the soft play the day if she behaves.

JollyGreenGiant
13-08-2016, 04:39 PM
Sweeties, crisps and juice. Followed by a half time pizza. If that doesn't work promise a trip to the soft play the day if she behaves.
Yes, agree - plenty of sweets, crisps and juice. My kids started going at 2 and 3, and now they are 7 and 10, only last couple of years I have managed to cut down the munchies. But a phone is still essential 😉

Hakim Sar
13-08-2016, 04:49 PM
Treat her to a nice wee pair of headphones for being a lucky charm today and in future she can bring the headphones to easter road with her and watch kids stuff on your phone.

Well done for taking your kids mate.

MurrayfieldHibs
13-08-2016, 04:56 PM
Nintendo DS (or equivalent ) with headphones (for when it gets noisy!), colouring in books, comics, toys, sweets etc. Make sure the guys around you know that they can't play in the DS/colouring books if it's a crap game :wink:

My bairns are now 9,11,13 so I have been through this!:agree:

Broken Gnome
13-08-2016, 05:05 PM

A ten minute game of tig in the concourse and Easter Road's seagull problem got me through it today.

Phone, snacks, stickers and a grandad as back up.

stoneyburn hibs
13-08-2016, 05:14 PM
A ten minute game of tig in the concourse and Easter Road's seagull problem got me through it today.

Phone, snacks, stickers and a grandad as back up.

I don't envy you, it's tricky trying to get/keep them interested in the match day experience. Started taking oldest when turned 4 and all I got for a long long time was " When's it halftime, when's it finished"

Nameless
13-08-2016, 05:18 PM
Headphones or ear defenders are a must. My 5yr old really doesn't like loud noises, and as he doesn't know when they will happen like an adult does, he gets a bit stressed. Having ear defenders makes him more comfortable and allows him to follow the game, but we still have to leave around 60 mins as he is bored by that point.

lugz
13-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Appreciate all the feedback, head phones/ear defenders sound like a good idea.

She said she's happy to go back if i get her a top with super John mcginn on the back haha.

matty_f
13-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Nintendo DS (or equivalent ) with headphones (for when it gets noisy!), colouring in books, comics, toys, sweets etc. Make sure the guys around you know that they can't play in the DS/colouring books if it's a crap game :wink:

My bairns are now 9,11,13 so I have been through this!:agree:

:agree: The DS kept my kids occupied when they got bored of the game.

Wee snacks are good as well.