PDA

View Full Version : 16,477

IncredibleHibee
13-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Absolutely fantastic crowd today - the biggest crowd in Scotland!

The question is can we make this type of attendance a regular occurrence this season?!

I feel, although not at our best today, the win was extremely important in front of such a big crowd.

GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
13-08-2016, 04:21 PM
I don't believe those statistics for a second. Both Aberdeen and especially Hearts, have massive supports, and I'd expect their top of the table Premier tussle crowd to dwarf ours for a home fixture in a lower tier.

poolman
13-08-2016, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=Dashing Bob S;4791002]I don't believe those statistics for a second. Both Aberdeen and especially Hearts, have massive supports, and I'd expect their top of the table Premier tussle crowd to dwarf ours for a home fixture in a lower tier.[/QUOTE

😁

Swedish hibee
13-08-2016, 04:56 PM
Great crowd 👏👏👏 Well Done everyone who went.

MurrayfieldHibs
13-08-2016, 05:00 PM
I don't believe those statistics for a second. Both Aberdeen and especially Hearts, have massive supports, and I'd expect their top of the table Premier tussle crowd to dwarf ours for a home fixture in a lower tier.

I sometimes get mixed up with what is irony, sarcasm and ironic sarcasm 😁

weonlywon6-2
13-08-2016, 05:01 PM
Amazing effort, well done everybidy👍👍👍

GlesgaeHibby
13-08-2016, 05:09 PM
Thought hospitality was sold out? Rakes of spare seats in West upper.

Highland_Hibee
13-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Great attendance but atmosphere felt somewhat lacking? I guess it was down to a scrappy performance.

CallumHibs07
13-08-2016, 05:14 PM
What was the attendance at the sheep game?

SkintHibby
13-08-2016, 05:17 PM
Tam Cowan was ripping the pish out of why the Scottish Championship is getting any coverage at all.

The best Motherwell crowds are barely half the worst Hibs crowds ya muppet!:agree:

RoYO!
13-08-2016, 05:17 PM
Also wonder how many ST holders were not in attendance as that may have put it over 17k if we counted them... Like some!

SkintHibby
13-08-2016, 05:18 PM

13 thousand something according to another thread on here earlier.

Callum7
13-08-2016, 05:19 PM

dangermouse
13-08-2016, 05:21 PM

The question is can we make this type of attendance a regular occurrence this season?!

I feel, although not at our best today, the win was extremely important in front of such a big crowd.

GGTTH

I doubt it. Dumbarton, Morton, Ayr etc are only going to bring a handful to ER. Over 1200 Pars fans today.

Ricky Bobby
13-08-2016, 05:31 PM
Biggest crowd of the day, but will it feature on the BBC?
Joke.

GreenCastle
13-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Well done all who made the effort.

Looked more but a few seats empty (probably season ticket holders who couldn't make it)

staunchhibby
13-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Tam Cowan and company were having a go at no coverage of championship games.

Mibbes Aye
13-08-2016, 05:51 PM
Also wonder how many ST holders were not in attendance as that may have put it over 17k if we counted them... Like some!

Two of us missed it today, unavoidable. It's still school holidays so there's bound to be more.

Eyrie
13-08-2016, 07:01 PM

The East looked 75-80% full so I wonder if we did include all season tickets in the total?

Even if we did, the number of fans who were actually there represents an excellent turnout for a second tier game.

O'Rourke3
13-08-2016, 07:20 PM

This and they were asking why no-one was looking to regular TV on the league that's most interesting.

Famous Fiver
13-08-2016, 07:26 PM
Serious question. With Hawrts only allowing half of Roseburn Stand to away teams, which means lost seats for segregation, can they actually get 16,477 in their ground?

Danderhall Hibs
13-08-2016, 07:31 PM

The guy a few posts earlier days he was ripping the championship and asking why it was getting any coverage?

Any idea why he had such a change of mind mid show?

CentreLine
13-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Well done all who made the effort.

Looked more but a few seats empty (probably season ticket holders who couldn't make it)

Maybe the empty seats were ST holders but couldn't get in because they looked a little older than 15 🤔

matty_f
13-08-2016, 07:37 PM
The guy a few posts earlier days he was ripping the championship and asking why it was getting any coverage?

He didn't change his mind. Off the Ball was very pro-Championship coverage today.

jgl07
13-08-2016, 07:38 PM
A lot would still be on holiday. I am still in Sicily at the moment and couldn't get a flight back!

RIP
13-08-2016, 07:50 PM
Great attendance but atmosphere felt somewhat lacking? I guess it was down to a scrappy performance.

First game in S43 for a long time. One or two songs from the top of the stand under the roof got the stand jumping.

Felt sorry for the small group down front, Pars fans ripped the pish out of their wee display. The drummer can still be heard and the effort is very commendable.

Unfortunately the acoustics down there means that the noise levels are much reduced. In the second half the moans and boos were drowning out the efforts to lift the team.

Sir David Gray
13-08-2016, 07:53 PM
Outstanding support today. :not worth

Real Emerald
13-08-2016, 07:56 PM
Thought hospitality was sold out? Rakes of spare seats in West upper.

Hospitality was sold out, i.e. the number of people getting a meal and entertainment in the bowels of the West stand. That does not equate to the same number of seats available in the West stand in the stadium. The numbers that have been catered for versus the numbers of seats overlooking the pitch is a completely different thing.

Danderhall Hibs
13-08-2016, 08:01 PM
He didn't change his mind. Off the Ball was very pro-Championship coverage today.

:aok: I did wonder how 2 posts could be so far apart.

erin go bragh
13-08-2016, 08:15 PM
I doubt it. Dumbarton, Morton, Ayr etc are only going to bring a handful to ER. Over 1200 Pars fans today.

Over 15k Hibernians in attendance. No matter what anyone brings if we keep it at that level .

Famous Fiver
13-08-2016, 08:16 PM
I think the seagulls took the attendance well over the 20,000 mark.

cabbageandribs1875
13-08-2016, 08:21 PM

today was the LEAST amount of seagulls i've saw for a long time :)

Famous Fiver
13-08-2016, 08:22 PM
You must have rushed off before the final whistle. Like a scene from The Birds at the end.

Glory Lurker
13-08-2016, 08:34 PM
You must have rushed off before the final whistle. Like a scene from The Birds at the end.

:agree: Today was conclusive proof that only way to get rid of them is for at least 15000 of us to turn up every week.

Highland_Hibee
13-08-2016, 08:35 PM

Christ aye it didn't take them long to decend on in.

NAE NOOKIE
13-08-2016, 09:08 PM
There was definitely empty seats in the East which according to the stadium map were sold for this game, the same with the west, so I'm pretty sure they were ST seats where folk were on holiday or couldn't make the game for whatever reason ..... still an impressive looking crowd though.

My guess is that our Hibs fans only attendances this season are going to be between 11 and 13 thousand ... chuck in away supports and at times we will break 13 to 14 thousand ...... If you consider its our third year in the Championship and most teams will bring small away supports its a bloody good effort.

If we manage to get to a home game where a win will guarantee us the league I can see a sell out http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Long, long way to go though.

monktonharp
13-08-2016, 10:17 PM
Tam Cowan and company were having a go at no coverage of championship games.I liken fat Tam Cowan's comments to the pet shop owner in the dead parrot scetch on the monty python show. No, the parrot's not dead, it's only sleeping.

Finn2015
13-08-2016, 10:23 PM
Fantastic effort and shows what we are capable of and I hope that these attendances becoming the norm can one day be achieved

RoYO!
13-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Is there an easy way to release your ST seat to be sold by the club? Is this something that can/ could be done on eticketing?

southsider
13-08-2016, 10:32 PM

Coz Cowan is a fanny. Got a loan of a hat from bread man

PiemanP
13-08-2016, 11:59 PM
First game in S43 for a long time. One or two songs from the top of the stand under the roof got the stand jumping.

Felt sorry for the small group down front, Pars fans ripped the pish out of their wee display. The drummer can still be heard and the effort is very commendable.

Unfortunately the acoustics down there means that the noise levels are much reduced. In the second half the moans and boos were drowning out the efforts to lift the team.

Totally agree. They moved down there to distance themselves from a group of young chavs who were setting of bangers etc but that all seems to have calmed down they should be back up the top where noise can actually be generated and spread around

Since1875Hibs
14-08-2016, 07:13 AM

What display? There wasn't one?

percy veer
14-08-2016, 07:20 AM
Is there an easy way to release your ST seat to be sold by the club? Is this something that can/ could be done on eticketing?

Is is there a need for this no stand was sold out today

green day
14-08-2016, 07:28 AM
So, exactly 300 less than attended tynecastle for the Hearts v Celtic match last Sunday.

Brilliant, really great for this division.

Am I right that's over 4000 non ST punters?

IanM
14-08-2016, 08:08 AM
So, exactly 300 less than attended tynecastle for the Hearts v Celtic match last Sunday.

Brilliant, really great for this division.

Am I right that's over 4000 non ST punters?

Yup.. Morton tickets on sale, think we should keep the momentum up!

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-08-2016, 08:16 AM

Honestly think that if we keep the wins coming the issue with the South will be securing the away fans into the bottom right hand corner to allow home fans in. As for the TV issues,well it looks like this season if you want to see Hibs you will have to go to ER.

RoYO!
14-08-2016, 08:34 AM
Is is there a need for this no stand was sold out today

Don't see why not. Good to have the option and ST holders will be happy to know that their seat could generate the club some more money. We have sold our home end several times so think the option should be looked at.

RIP
14-08-2016, 02:52 PM
What display? There wasn't one?

Sorry my bad. Walked past to say hello and a few of the guys were waving flags. That's the point at which the Dunfy lads started a chant.

Used to really enjoy the atmosphere in S43 when the boys were up top starting all the songs. Acted as a catalyst for thousands in the East to join in. Hibs had the nucleus of a great singing section at that time, regularly drowned out the opposition fans.

jgl07
15-08-2016, 09:58 AM

Not as yet but it could be considered if crowds continue to grow.

Manchester City, for example, have a ticket exchange system. If you can't attend a match, you put your ticket up on the exchange. It will then appear on the planner and can be purchased by someone else. You are credited with one nineteenth of the season ticket price which is deducted from the renewal cost of the season ticket next season.

It only makes sense for a club if they normally sell out most of the available walk up tickets. However it might encourage people who have to miss matches to buy a season ticket.

IWasThere2016
15-08-2016, 10:11 AM

Wee guy along from me in FF lower got a splattering.. hair, face, jacket the lot!

IWasThere2016
15-08-2016, 10:12 AM

GGTTH

Sign players and play good football - for the latter we need to do the former, and the attendance will look after itself.

Oh, and maybe better catering :greengrin

Since1875Hibs
15-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Sorry my bad. Walked past to say hello and a few of the guys were waving flags. That's the point at which the Dunfy lads started a chant.

Used to really enjoy the atmosphere in S43 when the boys were up top starting all the songs. Acted as a catalyst for thousands in the East to join in. Hibs had the nucleus of a great singing section at that time, regularly drowned out the opposition fans.

The problem isn't us, we hope that others will back the team vocally and create a fantastic atmosphere.

Moving back to the top isn't an option at the moment due to availability; however we're in constant dialogue with Hibs to understand how we can work together to improve.

Billy Whizz
15-08-2016, 04:58 PM
It would be nice to know how many season ticket holders, and many walk ups to had in the Hibs support
I know of at least 6 season ticket holders who couldn't go to the game on Saturday

greenginger
15-08-2016, 05:01 PM
It would be nice to know how many season ticket holders, and many walk ups to had in the Hibs support
I know of at least 6 season ticket holders who couldn't go to the game on Saturday

You can add myself and my daughter to that tally.

15-08-2016, 05:16 PM
I'm a ST holder but couldn't make the game. Brilliant crowd though for a championship game :thumbsup:

Iggy Pope
15-08-2016, 05:33 PM

Not quite the same as your enquiry, but I had to get a ticket on Saturday morning for a mate coming through from the weedge last minute. We got two seats together, they charged me for his while swapping my seat and definitely sold my ST seat, so I don't see why not.

Kojock
15-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Two SPL teams who hope to challenge Celtic for the title this season draw a crowd of 13,559.
A fixture in the Championship draws a crowd of 16,477 the highest in Scotland. Not bad for a "wee team". GGTTH

Finn2015
15-08-2016, 06:15 PM
Two SPL teams who hope to challenge Celtic for the title this season draw a crowd of 13,559.
A fixture in the Championship draws a crowd of 16,477 the highest in Scotland. Not bad for a "wee team". GGTTH

Quite sad that some fans of one of them title challenging sides deemed it more pressing to get in amongst the away support at our ground for reasons not abundantly clear to any sane minded person