PDA

View Full Version : Stanton to go out on Loan

Ronniekirk
13-08-2016, 06:42 AM
No surprise he has been told he is free to go put on loan if he can get a club Lennon saying e is brining in another midfielder (i wonder who ) so if Sam wants regular football he will need to go on loan
Also saying more players will be loaned out so hopefully indicates deas in the pipeline are expexted to be concluded in the next few weeks

offshorehibby
13-08-2016, 06:52 AM
Fingers crossed this is the start of some movement in and out.

smithy_hibees
13-08-2016, 06:53 AM
No surprise really, a few on here think he deserves his chance this season or half season to prove he can do what he done for livi last season.. me personally think this again shows he's unfortunately not good enough short or even long term if true of course that he is been sent out on loan again... Pretty sure Harris will be the next one to be loaned out

Nicho87
13-08-2016, 06:58 AM
Think with being told this he will now realise his time is up, best for both parties, can see harris being farmed out to team.

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2016, 07:01 AM
Wouldn't be surprised, he has had his chances at Hibs and probably better for him to get game time elsewhere along with Harris.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2016, 07:06 AM
Unfortunately he's not good enough, along with Harris and Handling they need to move on. We need the youngsters that come through to force their way into the side, and be players we either see as integral parts of the squad or players we can sell on.

These lads have just fell short, and for their own good they need to go and play for a club they will get a regular game for.

flash
13-08-2016, 07:16 AM
Unfortunately he's not good enough, along with Harris and Handling they need to move on. We need the youngsters that come through to force their way into the side, and be players we either see as integral parts of the squad or players we can sell on.

These lads have just fell short, and for their own good they need to go and play for a club they will get a regular game for.

Been a massive problem for a while now as hardly any kids become first team regulars.
We need to make this top priority.

J-C
13-08-2016, 07:22 AM
These 3 lads are a perfect example of the McDonaugh era at Hibs, when Jim was the development coach he had some nice lads with very good technical ability but unfortunately they had a soft centre. When you looked at the Hearts lads of a similar age, they all looked physically and mentally ready to play 1st team football, this was shown when Hearts went down and came straight back again. There is no way we could've done the same with Stanton, Harris and Handling to rely on, so we have technically good players with a soft heart which is not going to cut it at our level, the only exception seems to be Forster who seems to be made of sterner stuff.

Good luck to them whatever happens.

Leith's finest
13-08-2016, 07:46 AM
Agree with above comment, Harris,Horribine, Handling, Stanton, Caldwell, Foster all played well under James Mcd as a team, , but only Foster has taken his chance, Harris you could say was unlucky with injury, but has had a few chances in first team since,

calumhibee1
13-08-2016, 08:06 AM
Harris, Stanton and Handling all need to move on for their own benefit. As someone said, we need the youth players to come through and force the manager to give them game time, especially when we've midfielders out injured. These 3 aren't close to doing that, nor do they look like they will in future.

Ozyhibby
13-08-2016, 08:10 AM
No surprise he has been told he is free to go put on loan if he can get a club Lennon saying e is brining in another midfielder (i wonder who ) so if Sam wants regular football he will need to go on loan
Also saying more players will be loaned out so hopefully indicates deas in the pipeline are expexted to be concluded in the next few weeks

It isn't a surprise to some but others were still predicting a bright future for Sam, Alex and Danny in a Hibs jersey as recently as last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IrnBru22
13-08-2016, 08:11 AM
Stanton and Handling can go, i'd keep Harris though

Finbar
13-08-2016, 08:14 AM
I'm sure all these comments about being too soft or not good enough were made about Hanlon and Stevenson a few years ago. Must be a difficult one for coaches, young players that are not ready for first team football but the only way they'll ever be ready is by playing first team football.

smithy_hibees
13-08-2016, 08:18 AM
It isn't a surprise to some but others were still predicting a bright future for Sam, Alex and Danny in a Hibs jersey as recently as last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did say some think otherwise but I'd be interested to see if you think Handling and Stanton are anywhere near the level of mcgeouch fyvie McGinn? Even Allen and Hendo we had previously at the club??
Maybe both different type of player to Young Martin and Bartley but again better??

Harris plays on the wing so I'd be reluctant to put him up against the other midfielders at the club..

The_Horde
13-08-2016, 08:23 AM
Stanton out to be replaced by a wide forward also with a last name beginning with S that Lennon has worked with previously?

Aldo
13-08-2016, 08:26 AM
Stanton out to be replaced by a wide forward also with a last name beginning with S that Lennon has worked with previously?

Now now it's too early for that DSJ!!!! ;-)

smithy_hibees
13-08-2016, 08:31 AM
I'm sure all these comments about being too soft or not good enough were made about Hanlon and Stevenson a few years ago. Must be a difficult one for coaches, young players that are not ready for first team football but the only way they'll ever be ready is by playing first team football.

We didn't have a better centre half that the time better than Hanlon and we hardly had a successful period with him at centre half until bringing in better players beside him.. Now he looks good at the level we are playing at and think he'll grow into good centre half playing along side Mcgragor personally

Lewis I love but people with argue we could do better at left back/wing back i personally like him but understand some peoples point regarding him..

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-08-2016, 08:35 AM
It's a real shame how it's worked out for Stanton. He looked excellent when he first broke through. Appreciate that he was playing in a terrible side with an even worse manager but he still shone every week and scored a few good goals. I was absolutely convinced he was the real deal-as were most on here as we were all desperate for him to get his new contract. He's just never really kicked on unfortunately, he seems to have lost weight rather than bulking up a bit and seems to have lost his confidence that he broke through with.

Jones28
13-08-2016, 08:50 AM

Yepp, we have given plenty of chances to them and if they aren't making the breakthrough here in a lower league then what chance have they got of being regulars in the premier league?

biotech
13-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Second loan means he's missed his chance at Easter Road and happy to rundown his contract as opposed to taking a free transfer. Is Lennon being held back by players refusing to move on?

jacomo
13-08-2016, 09:34 AM
It's a real shame how it's worked out for Stanton. He looked excellent when he first broke through. Appreciate that he was playing in a terrible side with an even worse manager but he still shone every week and scored a few good goals. I was absolutely convinced he was the real deal-as were most on here as we were all desperate for him to get his new contract. He's just never really kicked on unfortunately, he seems to have lost weight rather than bulking up a bit and seems to have lost his confidence that he broke through with.

Stanton has shown he can score goals. Exactly what we need from midfield.

I'm not sure any of these 3 have had enough chances at Hibs, but at some point I guess we need to move on. There does seem an issue with bringing players through from our academy though... not sure it is all about the players not being good enough.

staunchhibby
13-08-2016, 09:44 AM
Sam still has 2years left on his contract.Hibs would need to buy out if they want him of the payroll or agree a settlement.Sorry to see him go.Harris is another one who has lost his way.Think Butcher and his injury caused it.

Eyrie
13-08-2016, 10:09 AM
If the young players were good enough then they would have earned their chances in the first team to demonstrate that ability.

The fact that successive managers have not been willing to give Handling, Harris and Stanton regular game time may be disappointing as we all love seeing a player come through from our youth system, but it is also proof that they aren't good enough.

This discussion comes up on a regular basis and I'm still waiting for an example of a player we released aged 20-22 who has gone on to be such a success elsewhere that we'd want him back to improve our starting eleven. Being an average player in the bottom six or second tier doesn't count because we need better than that.

Hibeesmad
13-08-2016, 10:19 AM
Could possibly see a swap with St Mirren for Stephen Mallan

hibee-boys
13-08-2016, 11:33 AM
Second loan means he's missed his chance at Easter Road and happy to rundown his contract as opposed to taking a free transfer. Is Lennon being held back by players refusing to move on?

Given the length of contracts given to Sam, Alex and Handling I very much doubt their combined wages would amount to much therefore are unlikely to be impacting on any of Lennons movements in the transfer market.

Itsnoteasy
13-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Sam still has 2years left on his contract.Hibs would need to buy out if they want him of the payroll or agree a settlement.Sorry to see him go.Harris is another one who has lost his way.Think Butcher and his injury caused it.

Don't agree with this Butcher confidence thing. He's had plenty time to get over it if true. I got called all the names of the day & told I was useless. Hasn't made me a bad tradesman.

KazaHibs
13-08-2016, 12:05 PM

Samaras :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
13-08-2016, 12:10 PM

Whatever their attributes there comes a time when you simply have to look at a players age and the number of first team appearances they've had for the club over the last 4 seasons. Then, in these cases you probably have to say 'no'.

Forza Fred
13-08-2016, 12:26 PM
I wish them all well, but neither Stanton nor Harris are good enough to force their way into Hibs first team on anything like a regular basis.

Stantonwill be able to make a decent living at Championship level, but I think Harris will end up with a part time club in a season or so.

No disrespect to the boys or the effort they have put in, but this professional footballer lark is a hard nosed business.....

snooky
13-08-2016, 12:38 PM
Been a massive problem for a while now as hardly any kids become first team regulars.
We need to make this top priority.
Aye, especially as this is a big factor in our seasonal cash inflow - e.g. the dosh we got for the golden generation.

snooky
13-08-2016, 12:45 PM

I don't think it did them one bit of good being pitched into a poor team struggling to avoid relegation. Young players should be eased into the first team.
The relegation season was very detrimental to Sam's progress as a player and probably some others too.