PDA

View Full Version : Help: Budapest Ferencvaros (V. Little if no HC)

PapillonVert
12-08-2016, 07:29 PM
Hi there,

Looking for some help/advice here.

We ae going for a trip to Budapest next month and while we are there there will be a local derby, Ferencvaros (play in green & white, dontcha know!) v. Ujpest.

If poss, we would like to try and get tickets.

Not having ever been there before, we would like to know if there is anything we should know, particularly from the safety angle.

Thanks anyone who can help.

sauzee1966
12-08-2016, 08:31 PM
I have been to a good few ferencvaros games and the advice I will give is the tickets are very cheap.....everyone will eat pumpkin seeds at the game....like their version of a pie.

I would go to the main stand behind the dug outs level with the half way line..it's a lot calmer. Avoid behind the goals. It's like an animal den full of angry lions who are looking for a meal...flares and some pretty angry people.

My friend who lives over there goes now and again. They are called Frodi after some beer company.

If your in the main stand you will be fine. You might get to see the entertainment from the locals as they hurl abuse at the benches.....and the linesman. The worst game I went to was against ZTE.....that was an experience....

Oh and don't go to pubs near the stadium.....just my mates general advice and he lives there.
You Might be able to get tickets at the stadium...I know we usually do a few days before the game.

Hi there,

Looking for some help/advice here.

We ae going for a trip to Budapest next month and while we are there there will be a local derby, Ferencvaros (play in green & white, dontcha know!) v. Ujpest.

If poss, we would like to try and get tickets.

Not having ever been there before, we would like to know if there is anything we should know, particularly from the safety angle.

Thanks anyone who can help.

Wembley67
12-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Just mentioned this to my Hungarian wife and her words were. Good luck...worst derby you could go to!

I've been trying to go for years and even her pals who aren't exactly shrinking violets will take me 😄

PapillonVert
13-08-2016, 12:38 PM
Just mentioned this to my Hungarian wife and her words were. Good luck...worst derby you could go to!

I've been trying to go for years and even her pals who aren't exactly shrinking violets will take me 😄

Thanks for this. This is what I was wondering - somewhere in the declining memory banks I seem to recall reading something about the, for want of a blunter term, 'passion' of the local fans.

We haven't made a decision yet but might play it by ear and ask around when we get there.

PapillonVert
13-08-2016, 12:41 PM
I have been to a good few ferencvaros games and the advice I will give is the tickets are very cheap.....everyone will eat pumpkin seeds at the game....like their version of a pie.

I would go to the main stand behind the dug outs level with the half way line..it's a lot calmer. Avoid behind the goals. It's like an animal den full of angry lions who are looking for a meal...flares and some pretty angry people.

My friend who lives over there goes now and again. They are called Frodi after some beer company.

If your in the main stand you will be fine. You might get to see the entertainment from the locals as they hurl abuse at the benches.....and the linesman. The worst game I went to was against ZTE.....that was an experience....

Oh and don't go to pubs near the stadium.....just my mates general advice and he lives there.
You Might be able to get tickets at the stadium...I know we usually do a few days before the game.

Cheers! If we go, it would be to the main stand. Yes, the general idea would be to come straight back to town after the match rather than hang around.

Was even thinking about taking my Hibs scarf but that might be a tad provocative to some so probably won't bother.

sauzee1966
13-08-2016, 11:34 PM
I have worn a scarf and also a top.....it's green so you will be ok . The atmosphere is one to experience I would easily go again at the drop of a hat

Cheers! If we go, it would be to the main stand. Yes, the general idea would be to come straight back to town after the match rather than hang around.

Was even thinking about taking my Hibs scarf but that might be a tad provocative to some so probably won't bother.