PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs Medal

Rougier45
12-08-2016, 04:05 PM
after that day in May -The "then" Gaffer announced that he would be auctioning of his medal and giving money to a specific charity -a women had wrote to him etc etc - anyways does anybody know anything ?

Would be a decent bit of Memorabilia from the " greatest of days .........

Cheers

Big T :cb

Itsnoteasy
12-08-2016, 05:23 PM
after that day in May -The "then" Gaffer announced that he would be auctioning of his medal and giving money to a specific charity -a women had wrote to him etc etc - anyways does anybody know anything ?

Would be a decent bit of Memorabilia from the " greatest of days .........

Cheers

Big T :cb

I guess you've got a spare few grand.

Rougier45
12-08-2016, 05:37 PM
I guess you've got a spare few grand.

Haven't we all

erin go bragh
12-08-2016, 07:56 PM
Rather than auctioning it . More money could be had for charity if it was raffled . I'd certainly buy a £5 ticket .As would thousands like me .

southsider
12-08-2016, 08:06 PM
Rather than auctioning it . More money could be had for charity if it was raffled . I'd certainly buy a £5 ticket .As would thousands like me .

Pay a Rio for Hendos cup final top up for auction for Spartains charity

Viva_Palmeiras
13-08-2016, 07:37 AM
Excuse my daftness does Malonga qualify for one?

danhibees1875
13-08-2016, 07:48 AM
Excuse my daftness does Malonga qualify for one?

I'm sure it's only the match day squad that receive them. Kevin Thomson had an article in the paper about not getting one despite his goal line clearance at tynedump.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-08-2016, 09:54 AM
I'm sure it's only the match day squad that receive them. Kevin Thomson had an article in the paper about not getting one despite his goal line clearance at tynedump.

I actually feel sorry for kt ...I would have liked him to have had the last 10

RoYO!
13-08-2016, 09:57 AM

Of the final? You're living up to your name there! :)

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2016, 10:04 AM

We may not have won the cup if he had.

SouthMoroccoStu
13-08-2016, 11:34 AM
Do the club not receive a number of medals after the match to give to players of their choosing?

Maybe...... I don't know

Malonga and KT would each be deserving of a medal

Slightly related, did the Rangers ever pick up their runners up medals?

danhibees1875
13-08-2016, 11:39 AM

There is no denying that a lifelong hibs fan who enjoyed 3 spells at the club and played a role in our Scottish cup success should have a medal, I agree it's a shame. I'm surprised that there isn't something in place to allow for a few extra medals - it is after all a squad game, not just about those there on the day.

Itsnoteasy
13-08-2016, 11:50 AM
There is no denying that a lifelong hibs fan who enjoyed 3 spells at the club and played a role in our Scottish cup success should have a medal, I agree it's a shame. I'm surprised that there isn't something in place to allow for a few extra medals - it is after all a squad game, not just about those there on the day.

So you would be happy for Dagnall to get one.

greenlex
13-08-2016, 12:02 PM
As a player I don't think I would want a medal if Iwasnt involved in the squad on the day. By the same token I could hold the moral high ground if thee were losers medals being handed out.

lucky
13-08-2016, 12:04 PM
So you would be happy for Dagnall to get one.

Yes Dagnall was sub at the final and played in the cup run.

marinello59
13-08-2016, 12:23 PM

The 11 players we had in he pitch at the end did a splendid job. There is no place for a sentimental substitution in a cup final.