PDA

View Full Version : Caley Thistle giving a Trial to El Alagui

Bald Reynard
12-08-2016, 12:10 PM
Inverness are giving Farid a Trial period. They obviously think he might be good enough for the Premiership - Stubbs thought he wasn't good enough for the Championship !

nellio
12-08-2016, 12:11 PM
Good player to be fair to him but injured all the time.

HibsNutter
12-08-2016, 12:12 PM
He was more than good enough for the Championship, just never fit.

Heisenberg
12-08-2016, 12:12 PM
He'll pass the trial, get a contract, then break down again.

Andy74
12-08-2016, 12:13 PM
Inverness are giving El Alagui a Trial. They obviously think he might be good enough for the Premiership - Stubbs thought ne wasn't good enough for the Championship !

Fitness is the issue not ability. He had injuries before coming to us and then throughout his time here - there's no way we would have been risking a renewed contract after that.

GreenPJ
12-08-2016, 12:13 PM
Inverness are giving El Alagui a Trial. They obviously think he might be good enough for the Premiership - Stubbs thought ne wasn't good enough for the Championship !

That's nonsense. El Alagui's body was not good enough, if it weren't for the continued injuries I have no doubt Farid would have had a contract offer from Hibs. Secondly its a trial doesn't mean he will get a contract.

Baldy Foghorn
12-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Fitness is the issue not ability. He had injuries before coming to us and then throughout his time here - there's no way we would have been risking a renewed contract after that.

:agree::agree:

Diclonius
12-08-2016, 12:19 PM
If he signs the medical, he'll play about 5 games for them.

El Alagui was clearly a very good player but incapable of having a consistent run of games without another 3/4 months out after that injury at Alloa.

Smartie
12-08-2016, 12:22 PM
It'd be a pisser if he ended up being like McPake - drawing a big wage from us whilst never managing to get himself fit before going and playing lots of games for his next club.

Sean Welsh too.

FastEddieFelson
12-08-2016, 12:25 PM
i saw him jogging the other day on the cycle path up near ainslie park. he was wearing hibs shorts.

cool story, bro.

GreenCastle
12-08-2016, 12:33 PM
Good luck to him - nice guy and scored a great goal against the yams.

Shame didn't work out for him at ER - Achilles injuries are a nightmare.

green&left
12-08-2016, 12:36 PM
i saw him jogging the other day on the cycle path up near ainslie park. he was wearing hibs shorts.

cool story, bro.

Lives in Drylaw I think with his missus. Uses Ainslie swimming baths quite alot too.

Good player, liked him. No offence to Farid but any club giving him a contract other than a pay-per-play deal must be off their nut.

franck sauzee
12-08-2016, 12:38 PM
The criticism of Farid really doesn't sit well with me. He always gave his all whenever fit. It's not his fault that he's had bad luck with injuries and i'm sure he's as frustrated as everyone else. Seen him in the crowd a few times at games and he has always been a gentleman and talked positively about Hibs. It's a shame it never worked out with us as he was fantastic first season but that's life

DarrenSQH
12-08-2016, 12:38 PM
It'd be a pisser if he ended up being like McPake - drawing a big wage from us whilst never managing to get himself fit before going and playing lots of games for his next club.

Sean Welsh too.

McPakes had a shocker of an injury, wouldnt say hes went on to play more for dundee than he did at us.

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2016, 12:39 PM
Inverness are giving Farid a Trial period. They obviously think he might be good enough for the Premiership - Stubbs thought he wasn't good enough for the Championship !

:confused:

Diclonius
12-08-2016, 12:41 PM

Sean Welsh too.

McPake's been injured since January and isn't expected to come back until next year.

Smartie
12-08-2016, 12:45 PM
McPakes had a shocker of an injury, wouldnt say hes went on to play more for dundee than he did at us.

His injury was a shocker but it came as result of a really unlucky incident in a tackle in a game.

He'd played loads for Dundee in the 18 months after leaving us and there was no sign of the chronic back injury that stopped him playing for us more.

Northernhibee
12-08-2016, 12:46 PM

Yes he did, he signed him :confused:

Smartie
12-08-2016, 12:47 PM
The criticism of Farid really doesn't sit well with me. He always gave his all whenever fit. It's not his fault that he's had bad luck with injuries and i'm sure he's as frustrated as everyone else. Seen him in the crowd a few times at games and he has always been a gentleman and talked positively about Hibs. It's a shame it never worked out with us as he was fantastic first season but that's life

I don't think there's anyone that's being critical of Farid himself - he is a good lad and is clearly a good player.

Unfortunately though he was a terrible signing because of injuries - that were not his fault.

silverhibee
12-08-2016, 01:02 PM
Lives in Drylaw I think with his missus. Uses Ainslie swimming baths quite alot too.

Good player, liked him. No offence to Farid but any club giving him a contract other than a pay-per-play deal must be off their nut.

His girlfriend stays just past the red bridge as you are coming in to Drylaw, normally see his car parked there, don,t think he stays with her though.

Winston Ingram
12-08-2016, 01:19 PM
I'd have him here if he was fit

Smartie
12-08-2016, 01:22 PM
I'd have him here if he was fit

I think we all would.

I'll stick my neck out and say I don't think we'd be in the Championship if he'd been fit for most of the past 2 seasons.

But sadly, the reality is that he's seldom fit and therefore he's not a player we can afford to take a risk on.

Winston Ingram
12-08-2016, 01:36 PM
I think we all would.

I'll stick my neck out and say I don't think we'd be in the Championship if he'd been fit for most of the past 2 seasons.

But sadly, the reality is that he's seldom fit and therefore he's not a player we can afford to take a risk on.

:agree:

andy1875
12-08-2016, 01:53 PM
I felt for him as you could tell there was a player in there, its just a pity he cant seem to get any luck and stay fit.

That goal against Hearts shows what he has in the locker but unfortunately, we didnt see it enough.

The Hampden semi final against Dundee United really summed it all up for him, brought on as a sub and then subbed again due to injury if my memory serves me correctly.

Anyway, good luck to the guy.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2016, 01:53 PM
I'm surprised he passed the medical at Hibs, yes he did his achilles in but the injury in his knee was never getting better.

The achilles injury looks like its healed, but he was always breaking down with his knee.

JDHibs
12-08-2016, 02:01 PM
If we dont find a decent back up to Holt in this window id sign Alagui on a pay as you play deal! No risk but could give us some rewards if he does manage to get himself fit!

Nothing to lose.

As for Stubbs not thinking he was good enough for the championship, Stubbs signed him to come and get us out of the championship.

Injuries were the only reason he never got a new contract imo.

Waxy
12-08-2016, 02:44 PM
Hope he makes it. Pay as you play maybe.

ben johnson
12-08-2016, 04:09 PM
He could have given us a direct threat last year when we struggled against packed defences. He came on against Dumbarton when we were 3 down and changed the game. A real pity that his injury cost him his place at Hibs and I really hope he can continue playing.

CorrieHibs
12-08-2016, 04:50 PM
I like Farid. If he didn't get that horrific injury I think he would of become a hero. I have no doubt he would of scored a lot of goals.

Good luck to them.

Smartie
12-08-2016, 04:55 PM
I like Farid. If he didn't get that horrific injury I think he would of become a hero. I have no doubt he would of scored a lot of goals.

Good luck to them.

Unfortunately I think if he hadn't got that injury his knee would have gone within the next few weeks anyway.

I'm with the "how on Earth did Farid/ McPake/ Clancy ever pass a medical in the first place" camp.

Allant1981
12-08-2016, 05:13 PM
Unfortunately I think if he hadn't got that injury his knee would have gone within the next few weeks anyway.

I'm with the "how on Earth did Farid/ McPake/ Clancy ever pass a medical in the first place" camp.

Werent all 3 fit when we signed them? Just ended up injured a lot which unfortunately happens

Smartie
12-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Werent all 3 fit when we signed them? Just ended up injured a lot which unfortunately happens

Possibly.

They all had niggly, chronic injuries though which have bothered them. I've always been a bit suspicious of how injury prone these 3 have been and wondered if there was any weakness that might have been picked up on at a medical?

O'Rourke3
12-08-2016, 09:04 PM
I felt for him as you could tell there was a player in there, its just a pity he cant seem to get any luck and stay fit.

That goal against Hearts shows what he has in the locker but unfortunately, we didnt see it enough.

The Hampden semi final against Dundee United really summed it all up for him, brought on as a sub and then subbed again due to injury if my memory serves me correctly.

Anyway, good luck to the guy.

He wasn't fit. It was a calculated gamble for the remainder of normal time. If he got on the end of something. Great. No surprise he was subbed in my view.

eastmainsmsh
12-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Seven in eleven starts its a pity it didn't happen for us and farid cracking player as well

TAHibby
12-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Fond memories of him in the derby where we rollicked them from start to finish

erin go bragh
12-08-2016, 10:18 PM
Good luck to Farid . Hope he gets signed and bangs a few past the bottlers .

Thecat23
12-08-2016, 10:32 PM
Two week trial is it? 👀

Onceinawhile
12-08-2016, 11:03 PM
Didn't farid do his leg on his debut against alloa or Dumbarton? Someone with an artificial pitch anyway?

Great goal v hearts and played a part in the Scottish cup run.

Wish him the best.

Borderhibbie76
13-08-2016, 06:05 AM

Sean Welsh too.
McPake has had plenty injuries since going to Dundee tho

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
13-08-2016, 06:07 AM
If we dont find a decent back up to Holt in this window id sign Alagui on a pay as you play deal! No risk but could give us some rewards if he does manage to get himself fit!

Nothing to lose.

As for Stubbs not thinking he was good enough for the championship, Stubbs signed him to come and get us out of the championship.

Injuries were the only reason he never got a new contract imo.
Sorry No - loved the big guy but we need someone who can stay fit and play - sadly that isn't Farid

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk