PDA

View Full Version : NHC Chartlton Athletic - Fan required to sign ABC before being given Season Ticket

Radium
12-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Reports on Twitter [I know] that Charlton are requiring a fan to sign an 'Agreed Behavioral Contract' before they get a season ticket because of posts on social media that were 'not particularly constructive' about the club.

I genuinely hope this is a wind-up, or it could be a lot less fun on places like .net

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CppKshZUsAABqSr.jpg:large

snooky
12-08-2016, 09:12 AM
Reports on Twitter [I know] that Charlton are requiring a fan to sign an 'Agreed Behavioral Contract' before they get a season ticket because of posts on social media that were 'not particularly constructive' about the club.

I genuinely hope this is a wind-up, or it could be a lot less fun on places like .net

Or a lot less people going to football.
I know what I would choose between freedom of speech and football.

JDHibs
12-08-2016, 09:15 AM

Can see why a club would want to bring this in as it takes a part of the responsibility away from them and means if any fines are given to the club because of fans that the club can pursue the fans to recoup the money, as they will have a binding contract in place.

However, it is also a dangerous idea as it puts a massive strain on the club/fans involved! It also pushes fans away from going to the football, so they could see attendances drop, or people will avoid season tickets and just turn up on the day!

Hopefully more clubs dont take this action.

seanshow
12-08-2016, 09:22 AM
April fools, apparently not lol

Scotthibs1875
12-08-2016, 09:26 AM

Ridiculous that a football club think it would be a good idea to send this to their own fans. Football fans are the heart and soul of every football club and yet statements like this only create anger and frustration towards the club that the supporters love. How can they think sending letters to fans could benefit them in anyway?

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2016, 09:39 AM
Bloody cheek if you ask me. I don't know what the fan concerned has done to be asked to agree to this, but unless it was something that broke the law instead of just upsetting the clubs owners he should tell them to ram it. If last season is anything to go by fans of the Addicks aint slow to make their feelings known .... I can see this going down like a lead balloon.

Fans on this site have suggested boycotts of everything from the actual club to the food outlets at one time or another and criticism of the club's owner and board has been vicious at times .............. That's the down side of owning and running a football club, suck it up or get out.

Oscar T Grouch
12-08-2016, 10:22 AM
This is now trending across social media, its on Talksport, Sky sports are covering it. Looks like CAFC owners have scored a massive own goal on this one, consensus is that this letter is terrible and should not have been sent. No comment from the club yet. Rumours that staff have been told to sign a type of ABC too!

Jack
12-08-2016, 10:39 AM
While I agree it's a bit strong until we find out what this individual has been up to I don't think it's fair to lay into the club.

lord bunberry
12-08-2016, 11:15 AM
It just shows you that people are watching things like Facebook and fans forums.
UNCLE ROD IS WATCHING YOU :hide:

Twiglet
12-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Wonder what he said.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-08-2016, 03:11 PM
Wonder what he said.

I think he said there was contact on Walker on Sunday in the penalty incident!

Scott Allan Key
12-08-2016, 03:49 PM
Was it Jim Davidson?

Northernhibee
12-08-2016, 06:43 PM
While I agree it's a bit strong until we find out what this individual has been up to I don't think it's fair to lay into the club.

This.

If someone was making personal comments about me (I'm not saying that's what this person has done, just using it as an example) I'd be entitled to tell them to not enter my business. Seems like they're giving him a chance.

By posting the letter to all and sundry it would appear that they're looking for maximum attention.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2016, 07:10 PM
I'd tell them to ram their season ticket up their arse, demand a refund and then get one in a mates name.